LeBéninois
Le Samourai
Milan31
Raptorgunner
Lord Spencer
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
17 posters

Go down

Man claims church ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United Empty Man claims church ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:33 pm

A retired semi-professional footballer is suing the Baptist church for £10m, claiming the 19 years he spent as a "fervent evangelist" ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United.

According to the London Evening Standard, 46-year-old Arquimedes Nganga, who currently lives in Forest Hill, London, but used to play for a third division side in his native Portugal, quit the sport at the age of 25, two years after he converted to the Baptist faith. He believes he could have earned £20,000 a week, despite never making more than £200 a month playing semi-professionally.

"I could definitely have had a long career in the Premiership," Nganga said. "I see many players playing today who I am not inferior to – and perhaps even better than. Most midfielders are either defensive or attacking but I was both. I had something new."

Nganga has filed papers at the high court, accusing the leaders of the Baptist Union of Great Britain of destroying his social life, causing him "psychological harm" and defrauding him of money through compulsory donations.

The church said it will vigorously contest the claim.

Very Happy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/05/footballer-sues-church-manchester-united?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Man claims church ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United Empty Re: Man claims church ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:49 pm

:facepalm:
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Man claims church ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United Empty Re: Man claims church ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:51 pm

🔒 🔒 🔒
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:55 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:56 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:
A retired semi-professional footballer is suing the Baptist church for £10m, claiming the 19 years he spent as a "fervent evangelist" ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United.

According to the London Evening Standard, 46-year-old Arquimedes Nganga, who currently lives in Forest Hill, London, but used to play for a third division side in his native Portugal, quit the sport at the age of 25, two years after he converted to the Baptist faith. He believes he could have earned £20,000 a week, despite never making more than £200 a month playing semi-professionally.

"I could definitely have had a long career in the Premiership," Nganga said. "I see many players playing today who I am not inferior to – and perhaps even better than. Most midfielders are either defensive or attacking but I was both. I had something new."

Nganga has filed papers at the high court, accusing the leaders of the Baptist Union of Great Britain of destroying his social life, causing him "psychological harm" and defrauding him of money through compulsory donations.

The church said it will vigorously contest the claim.

Very Happy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/05/footballer-sues-church-manchester-united?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Man claims church ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United Arquimedes-Nganga-415

True Story.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:31 pm

ahahahah , EPIC Very Happy
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:42 pm

He's got a point...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:59 pm

I'd love to know how he plans to prove he could've been that good in court.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Seems legit, he should win.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:15 pm

aford92 wrote:I'd love to know how he plans to prove he could've been that good in court.

Witnesses.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:20 pm

lol. he should sue himself for making his own choices.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:21 pm

aford92 wrote:I'd love to know how he plans to prove he could've been that good in court.

video footage of jonny evans

statistically, it's pretty much impossible to be worse so he'd have a pretty good case of proving that he was good enough to play for man utd
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:23 pm

people would try anything these days :facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm

A bit pathetic :facepalm:

Don't get the United reference though
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Lex wrote:A bit pathetic :facepalm:

Don't get the United reference though

United part makes sense IMO.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Surprise! Being a religious robot ruined this guy's supposed 'career'.. That's what happens you become a sucker and buy into organized religion.

His own damn fault. Nobody forced him to become a "fervent evangelist". Think for yourself next time, buddy, and don't buy into the bullsh1t.

We need to start taxing the crap out of churches, at least here in the US. It's not fair.

Love and respect all, just not your religions.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:09 pm

you do know he is doing it for money right????

nothing to do with a career in Man U or whatever, you really think he couldve become a good footballer, he retired at the age of 25 ffs, what team would buy him then????

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:04 pm

So much fail :facepalm:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:07 pm

"I see many players playing today who I am not inferior to – and perhaps even better than. Most midfielders are either defensive or attacking but I was both. I had something new."

sounds like a britians got talent auditioner
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:29 pm

he's surely better than Bebe
:coffee:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 pm

but bebe is a construction worker now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:56 am

:lol!: :facepalm:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down