zizzle
Internal
Ganso
SaintJoe
The Madrid One
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where Is AVB Going Next? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where Is AVB Going Next?

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:25 am

He will go to either Inter or Valencia.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:04 am

He deserves a good club, maybe even a top club. Wherever he goes I wish him the best, I still love this guy. Porto would be epic.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 am

AVB isnt tactically flexible enough .I know it might me a coincidence that AVB chose chelsea who happened to play 3 man midfield years before.Still his dependancy on 433 cant be ignored.He played 433 at Porto,he had a extremly talented squad which fitted into his concept.He chose 433 at chelsea too but it failed due to player quality of most midfielders were not good enough to be played in a 433 in which midfield quality is very important.

His reluctance to change the formation to fit his players instead of beating the dead horse to fit his system shows he is not tactically flexible enough.Only one thing i remember is him using a defensive 433 against Valencia in second leg,but on the long range he still has to show verity of tactics and formations.For example i do feel they couldve played much better with Mata at AM position than as a winger were he is frankly restricted.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:02 pm

I do not think that AVB is an exceptionally poor manager. He was put into a difficult position with an established squad with even more established egos. He needed time to really stamp his mark on the club, and it was time he was not afforded.

Inter seems to be a very likely possibility for AVB's next position, but I'm not sure if it's any better of a situation than Chelsea. Inter may have a squad with a total average age of 28, but they field a team that is regularly stocked by players nearing or over 30 years of age. They need to rebuild and begin a "project" much like the one AVB was supposedly attempting at Chelsea. However, they have also shown little patience with managers since Mourinho left. Granted, they have been relatively tolerant of Ranieri, but I suspect that has more to do with him being the second manager appointed this season than any sort of sympathy with his work. I seriously question if AVB would achieve any better results, or receive any more leniency than he did at Chelsea.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by manlio Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Zenit also.

manlio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum