IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree?

+10
che
aford92
rwo power
Albiceleste
7amood11
chinomaster182
Rebaño Sagrado
Raptorgunner
Lord Awesome
Harmonica
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you agree with these upgrades?

IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_lcap27%IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 18 ]
IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_lcap4%IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_lcap24%IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 16 ]
IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_lcap7%IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_lcap27%IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 18 ]
IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_lcap10%IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 67

IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Empty IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree?

Post by Harmonica Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:30 am

Would you agree with these upgrades?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Empty Re: IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree?

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:02 am

Am all for the Fourth Sub, the Burga's, the Fading Spray, and 5 refs.

Forth Sub is logical enough for me. Added time requires your team to recuperate if you have an unsubbable injury.

Allowing or forbiding burdas are a double edged sword IMO.
Pros: It helps prevent domestic violence.

Cons: I'm sure you could hide weapons in it. It's pretty freakin' sexist, if you ask me.

Fading Spray just saves time and it helps implement the 9'15 rule to maximum effect.

Five refs I prefer because it's cheaper than Goal line technology.

The only reason I'm against goal technology is because it can't be fully implemented everywhere in the world.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree? Empty Re: IFAB discussing about upgrading rules on Saturday, you agree?

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:14 am

Lord Hispano wrote:Am all for the Fourth Sub, the Burga's, the Fading Spray, and 5 refs.

Forth Sub is logical enough for me. Added time requires your team to recuperate if you have an unsubbable injury.

Allowing or forbiding burdas are a double edged sword IMO.
Pros: It helps prevent domestic violence.

Cons: I'm sure you could hide weapons in it. It's pretty freakin' sexist, if you ask me.

Fading Spray just saves time and it helps implement the 9'15 rule to maximum effect.

Five refs I prefer because it's cheaper than Goal line technology.

The only reason I'm against goal technology is because it can't be fully implemented everywhere in the world.

Very well said. Thumbs up
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:22 am

Thank you. Now give me my +1. Razz Trollolol
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:24 am

What about reducing the treble punishment? I would go with taking the suspension off.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:30 am

You get suspended for that?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:32 am

I think it's fine as it is (3 games right? scratch). Remember Henry, Suarez, (just for you Sagrado) Emmanuel Villa.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:41 am

Didn't Villa get suspended for scoring a goal with is hand?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:You get suspended for that?
Yeah, straight red is automatically atleast 1 game suspension.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:45 am

Doesn't that go with the red card.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Didn't Villa get suspended for scoring a goal with is hand?

Exactly. And I think it's fair he got suspended. 1 to 3 games seems enough IMO.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:47 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Doesn't that go with the red card.
I don't think it should be in that situation, it shouldn't effect other games. Penalty and a red is enough for me, doesn't deserve to be suspended for the next game also.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:49 am

That's like saying everytime Pepe injures a player he should only be sent off and shouldn't suffer afterwards.

1 to 3 games is good enough for me.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 am

Lord Hispano wrote:That's like saying everytime Pepe injures a player he should only be sent off and shouldn't suffer afterwards.

1 to 3 games is good enough for me.

They are discussing the automatic suspension in the goal scoring situation only, other fouls and suspensions is fine by me.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:21 am

I'm all for these upgrades, sound good.

Some like the spray should have been implemented a decade ago.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:38 am

I don't understand #2's relevance to football.

But if you want my opinion on it than no, the burqa shouldn't be banned. Lord Hispano said you can hide weapons in a burqa, but so can a woman hide a bomb in her purse or under her dress, a man can hide a bomb in his jacket, etc. There are so many places where you can hide a weapon other than a burqa, so banning the burqa would be stupid if it was done out of fear of hiding weapons under there. And what happened to the freedom of wearing whatever you want to wear?

I agree with 1, 4, 5, and 6.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:40 am

I'm a fan of the spray they used at the Copa America Razz great idea and should be used worldwide imo.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 am

I'm for 1, 3, 4 and 5 here. I hope at least for goal line technology and the abolition of the double/triple punishment of the above choices, though.

About that burda thing - the guys aren't allowed those snoods for safety reasons, shouldn't the same go for any other non-protective headgear?

As for Nr.6 - we saw the uselessness of goal refs ever and ever again, so kick 'em out.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:47 am

Only the goal line technology, the rest don't benefit the game in any way.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:03 am

what exactly is the point of the spray paint?

i'm for the fourth sub and goalline technology... triple punishment is ok with me, penalty area referees are useless and if women are allowed to wear burqas in public i want to be allowed to wear a balaclava everywhere i go, including banks and airports :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:46 am

che wrote:what exactly is the point of the spray paint?

Spray a line in front of the wall at free kicks, therefore if they move forward its obvious. Pray vanishes after a minute or so.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:32 am

oh... well that makes sense, no idea why they're not using it yet lol
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:09 pm

It's been used in some MLS matches, if not all.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:10 pm

by they i meant uefa and fifa, sorry Very Happy
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Not arguing or anything, simply giving more background.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next