SamuelJayC
MJ
Raptorgunner
44 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 36 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:23 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Arsenal will receive £4.4m if Fabregas & Barcelona win 2 La Liga titles & 1 Champions League title before 2016 - http://t.co/qllKXqrd

Ok that sounds good but I rather lose that money and never see them win.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:26 am

^Same.

So let me get this straight. Should Chelsea win CL, if we drop to fourth we're not in CL next season yea?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:33 am

The Verminator wrote:^Same.

So let me get this straight. Should Chelsea win CL, if we drop to fourth we're not in CL next season yea?

Yes, we have not been ourselves in the past few weeks, we need to win our next game which is not going to be easy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:53 am

Defiant Stuart Pearce has warned Arsene Wenger: “You can’t stop me taking Jack Wilshere to the Olympics.”

Great Britain men's football coach Pearce has the Arsenal midfielder on his 80-man short-list for this summer, even though Wenger has already ruled him out for the competition.

Pearce is adamant that, as long as Wilshere proves he's fit after a season wrecked by injury, Wenger will be powerless to block the youngster from being called up for group games against Uruguay, Senegal and the United Arab Emirates.

Pearce said: “We’re in constant contact with Arsenal and we’ll see how this one rides.

“But, will any manager get a veto over who I select? Of course not.

"We would obviously let them know if their players are in contention and the dates they would need to be made available.

“But we’re talking about Great Britain here. The Olympic Games.

"If you strip it down solely to the players, this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

“Lionel Messi took his club to court because he wanted to play at the Olympics. That’s the best player in the world.

“I wouldn’t want to get into a legal battle, but we’re not talking about taking players away for a whole season.

"We’re not even asking them to miss a competitive match.”

Wenger and Pearce have clashed several times over the selection of Jack Wilshere and Gunners team-mate Theo Walcott for the England Under-21s, which Pearce also manages.

Last May, Pearce singled out the Frenchman as the only manager to give him grief over his selection policy, saying: “Over a four-year period, I have only ever heard Arsene Wenger’s name mentioned in respect to this.”

Wilshere has not played a competitive game since England’s 2-2 draw with Switzerland last June.

He he picked up an ankle injury in pre-season the following month, then suffered a stress fracture in his right foot in February during his rehab.

Wenger is unwilling to take any chances with the player, as he wants Wilshere 100% for next season.

The Arsenal boss said last week: “The Olympics would be the worst idea for him.”

Pearce said on Tuesday, however: “That’s his opinion. I can’t change his opinion, and it’s not of great concern to me.”

:vagi:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:40 am

Sina wrote:Watching Barca-Chelsea with very special company! @Andre_Santos27 @ClaroRonaldo & Mikel Arteta #London

Arsenal Lobby - Page 36 ArRVIBaCIAAsHvt

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Seriously.

Not one of you noticed Arteta's leg? Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:41 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Defiant Stuart Pearce has warned Arsene Wenger: “You can’t stop me taking Jack Wilshere to the Olympics.”

Great Britain men's football coach Pearce has the Arsenal midfielder on his 80-man short-list for this summer, even though Wenger has already ruled him out for the competition.

Pearce is adamant that, as long as Wilshere proves he's fit after a season wrecked by injury, Wenger will be powerless to block the youngster from being called up for group games against Uruguay, Senegal and the United Arab Emirates.

Pearce said: “We’re in constant contact with Arsenal and we’ll see how this one rides.

“But, will any manager get a veto over who I select? Of course not.

"We would obviously let them know if their players are in contention and the dates they would need to be made available.

“But we’re talking about Great Britain here. The Olympic Games.

"If you strip it down solely to the players, this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

“Lionel Messi took his club to court because he wanted to play at the Olympics. That’s the best player in the world.

“I wouldn’t want to get into a legal battle, but we’re not talking about taking players away for a whole season.

"We’re not even asking them to miss a competitive match.”

Wenger and Pearce have clashed several times over the selection of Jack Wilshere and Gunners team-mate Theo Walcott for the England Under-21s, which Pearce also manages.

Last May, Pearce singled out the Frenchman as the only manager to give him grief over his selection policy, saying: “Over a four-year period, I have only ever heard Arsene Wenger’s name mentioned in respect to this.”

Wilshere has not played a competitive game since England’s 2-2 draw with Switzerland last June.

He he picked up an ankle injury in pre-season the following month, then suffered a stress fracture in his right foot in February during his rehab.

Wenger is unwilling to take any chances with the player, as he wants Wilshere 100% for next season.

The Arsenal boss said last week: “The Olympics would be the worst idea for him.”

Pearce said on Tuesday, however: “That’s his opinion. I can’t change his opinion, and it’s not of great concern to me.”

:vagi:.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Lee Dixon, Patrick Vieira, Dennis Bergkamp & Thierry Henry feature in Ince & Lawrensons' all-time Premier League XI - http://t.co/sMCj1SKj
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Stoke City have only won 1 of their last 7 #PremierLeague games (against relegated Wolves). Only won 4 of last 18 league games. #scfc #afc
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:23 am

Stolen off the Chelsea section:

Uefa calculate the distribution based on participation and performance bonuses, and half on TV market share.

Each club in the group stage gets a £3.2m participation payment plus £450,000 for each group match played. A further £650,000 is paid for each group win or £325,000 for a draw.

A place in the round of 16 earns £2.45m, the quarter-finals £2.7m, and the semis £3.5m, with £4.6m to the losing finalist and £7.4m to the winner.

The TV market share depends on the value of each country's TV deal and is split among the four English clubs on the basis of how many games they each played in the Champions League.

2011-12 Champions League earnings

Chelsea £45m (£47.8m if they win the final). Last season: £36m

Manchester United £28m. Last season: £43m

Arsenal £22.7m. Last season: £24.7m

Manchester City £21.3m. Last season: £4.5m(Europa League)

How can United make more than us when they didn't even qualify :vagi:.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:59 am

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-why-sin-bins-could-work-in-football
sinbins.. Wisdom.. :bow:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:11 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Note - Arsenal now won't get extra £ from Fabregas winning La Liga or Champions League.
i dont care about the 4.4 million.. I will be a happy if it just sends a thought of regret through Cesc mind and may it prove to be a lesson for others...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:02 am

The Sun is reporting this morning that Jack Wilshere will snub ‘Team GB’ if selected by Stuart Pearce for this summer’s Olympics football tournament.

The midfielder has apparently told Arsene Wenger that after a year out of the game his focus will be on regaining his fitness and sharpeness for Arsenal without the distraction of a tournament nobody really cares about.

Earlier this week, Pearce hinted strongly that he’d ignore Arsene Wenger’s desire for the player to concentrate on Arsenal, saying, “That’s his opinion. I can’t change his opinion, and it’s not of great concern to me. Will any manager get a veto over who I select? Of course not.”

Suggestions that Wilshere would be open to criticism for choosing to represent Team GB are flawed, simply because Team GB is an artificial construct and is in no way similar to turning down selection for his country.

In fact, almost anyone with a brain – which does rule out Pearce, in fairness – would accept the fact that at 20 years of age, having missed an entire season due to injury, the best thing for Wilshere is for him to have a gradual, managed re-introduction to football rather than being thrown in immediately to competitive environment.

Still, this report is via The Sun so while we hope it’s accurate we have taken a large pinch of salt with it. Let’s hope the salt is not needed.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 am

'My normal age is 31 but in football years I'm 29' - Rosicky hoping to prolong Arsenal career
The 31-year-old midfielder believes he will be able to play longer because of a lengthy absence with a hamstring problem and looks to Paul Scholes for inspiration

The Czech Republic midfielder returned to action in time for the 2009-10 season and has made at least 30 appearances in all competitions in every campaign since then, claiming his fitness statistics are as good as they were before his injury.

"The [fitness] numbers are very similar," Rosicky told the Official Arsenal Magazine. "There's no difference between what I'm doing now and, let's say, five years ago.

"You know, my normal age is 31 but in football years I'm 29 - I lost two years because of injury so let's just talk about my football age.

"I still believe I have plenty in me - we'll see how it all goes, but right now I feel great and want to continue this way."

With his return to full fitness, Rosicky's form has improved dramatically this season, earning him a regular spot in the Arsenal starting XI.

However, the playmaker could not point to any particular factors which had boosted his performance and insisted his match preparation remained the same.

"My preparation for games and training has not altered at all, it's the same as it has ever been," he continued.

"Sometimes you can look at a player and see that he's suddenly doing this and that and it's making a difference, but that's not the case here.

"So if you ask why things are going well, it's hard to say - obviously the whole team is playing very good football at the moment and I think I fit quite well into the team now. We enjoy playing together and that's a big part of it."

Rosicky did admit that Arsene Wenger was now deploying him in a role which suits his abilities and that he was enjoying the "rhythm" of having cemented his place in the team.

"I'm [playing] in the advanced position of the three, looking to get in between the opposition's midfield and defence," Rosicky explained.

"When we have the ball I'm starting quite close to Robin [van Persie] up front, and after that I can come a bit deeper and stretch the pitch out.

"I can't say for sure whether this has made the whole difference, but I would certainly agree that what the boss is asking [of me] at the moment suits me nicely.

"The whole season has gone quite well for me, but I was injured twice in the first few months so couldn't keep up sustained form. I'm enjoying the rhythm the manager has given me now."

The former Borussia Dortmund midfielder now hopes to continue at the top level in the way that veteran
midfielders Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes have done for Manchester United.

"I can say that I feel very well and I hope I have many years to come," Rosicky said.

"You see players like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes - what they are producing at their age for Manchester United is great and that's a real inspiration for me.

"Everything is possible, but of course it will depend on my health."

[via goal.com]
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:21 pm

For a 31 year old, Rosicky is super pacey and doesn't look like he's slowing down soon, I absolutely love him. I want him to retire at Arsenal.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:For a 31 year old, Rosicky is super pacey and doesn't look like he's slowing down soon, I absolutely love him. I want him to retire at Arsenal.

Makes two of us, to say the least. Rozza was my second Arsenal jersey after Henry. You see, all the players whose shirts I bought turn into legends Very Happy (Don't dare bring up Fabregas. That was my last named shirt.)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:21 pm

At least Fabregas could come back one day. I'll never regret shredding Na$ri's name off of my shirt.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 pm

I still remember when i saw we bought Rosicky and i was like Shocked Shocked Shocked

And telling my brother "we got TOMAS FREAKING ROSICKY!"

This was just before the World Cup, then he went and scored those two fab. goals vs US (i think).........

And that was the first time i ever jizzed in my pants

True story
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:34 pm

AnJl wrote:I still remember when i saw we bought Rosicky and i was like Shocked Shocked Shocked

And telling my brother "we got TOMAS FREAKING ROSICKY!"

This was just before the World Cup, then he went and scored those two fab. goals vs US (i think).........

And that was the first time i ever jizzed in my pants

True story

Arsenal Lobby - Page 36 WvnOO
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Arsenal Lobby - Page 36 Arteta10

:bow:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:39 am

Sina wrote:Arsenal Lobby - Page 36 Arteta10

:bow:

arteta is the man. our record without song is even more frightening though.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:00 am

There's growing speculation that Pep may quit as Barca coach, I wonder what will happen to Fabregas? hmm

Also, I hope Wenger's name doesn't start being linked for the job if Pep does indeed leave, would like an off season where we didn't have to go through unstabalizing speculation and reports.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:37 am

Wenger would turn down Barcelona immediately if that did happen. I don't think he has any intention of managing another club.

Scary to think what he could do with the talent at Barcelona, though.

As for Cesc, I imagine that the new coach will continue to try and mould him into Xavi's role, which would be a huge waste of talent.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:53 am

I don't think Wenger would ever go to Barca.... i don't think he likes their philosophy
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:32 am

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/20-seasons-awards-the-invincibles.html

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:17 am

According to The Independent, Arsene Wenger has opted against a pointless phone call to Michel Platini’s minions and accepted a three game touchline ban and £33,000 fine after being charged with misconduct by UEFA.

Found guilty of swearing at Slovenian referee, Damir Skomina, after our 3-0 win over AC Milan, it is the second year in succession the Frenchman has felt the full force of Nyon’s clipboard Nazis with the boss also receiving a suspension for complaining about Robin van Persie’s red card in the Nou Camp in 2011.

With Pat Rice due to retire, and assuming we make at least the Europa League, the ban throws up the very real prospect of a new man taking charge in the Arsenal dugout for the first time since Arsene joined the club in 1996.

While speculation mounts as to who Wenger will select as the Northern Irishman’s successor, it appears several old boys have had their names thrown into the hat by expectant fans.

Steve Bould, Martin Keown, Tony Adams, Dennis Bergkamp, Gilles Grimandi and Patrick Vieira have all been tipped while Reserve team coach Neil Banfield is another who could be promoted from inside the club.

Even Pep Guardiola’s name has been whispered by a few supporters, presumably ones who smoke a good deal of crack during work hours, although insiders say there’s no way the Spaniard will wear Pat’s old shorts and transition lenses combination.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:40 am

Thierry Henry says that it is his dream to coach Arsenal in the future, although he questions whether he yet has the credentials to manage at the highest level.

Returning to North London in December to maintain his fitness during the MLS break, the Frenchman embarked on a fairy-tale two months in the capital which began with the club unveiling a statue of him commemorating his achievements at Highbury and ended with him signing on loan and scoring three goals in seven substitute appearances including winners against Leeds in the FA Cup and Sunderland in the Premier League.

Hailed as an Arsenal hero by Gunners fans old and new, it appears Henry hasn’t given up hope of a third return to the club he loves with a position on the coaching staff firmly in his thoughts.

Answering questions from MLS fans in USA Today Henry responded enthusiastically to the notion of being a manager:

“You know what? I might. Now do you think I would be a good one? You can never tell. I actually don’t know if that would be an option. I know I will be in the game for sure. Why not? Sure.

“Everyone knows the love I have for Arsenal Football Club, so you know it goes without saying where. That’s a dream.”

The Frenchman also took the time to reflect on his amazing ‘debut’ at the Emirates when he came off the bench to snatch a late winner against old adversaries Leeds United.

“It was the first time – put the national team aside – it was the first time I scored a goal as a fan of the team [I scored for].

“You know especially the love I have for the club and the love I have for the people working at the club, I said it, I never felt what I felt after that goal in my whole entire career.

“It’s too much to describe. I know I’ve never felt that before.”

Will Thierry end up in the Emirates dugout? It’s certainly a mouthwatering thought. That being said, given Henry’s lack of experience, the notion of him being a direct successor to Wenger appear very slim at this moment in time. Of course, anything could happen in the next couple of years, only time will tell…

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next