How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

+37
Lord Hades
Omniscient
FennecFox7
Mr Nick09
leemhuis
Babun
Magricos
Cookie Monster
•MilanDevil•
Arquitecto
Moffo
ThatOneTwo
The_ItalianFool
Aensensen
StevieRayVaughan
aford92
Flick
EarlyPrototype
RealGunner
Harmonica
Doc
REWB
halamadrid2
jibers
Abramovich
VanDeezNuts
Raptorgunner
che
stunt
Tigole
rwo power
Potential
guest7
hrealmadrid
Lord Spencer
Jack Daniels
Onyx
41 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? - Page 2 Empty Re: How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

You have to Understand, Chelsea and Man city will spend money until they get to Barcelona's level and Man united will be back and the more Barcelona plays in EPL the more teams will get to know them and can stand up to them.

pretty sure current man city's squad cost more than current barcelona squad... they already spent the money and are playing on thursday nights ffs

che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? - Page 2 Empty Re: How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A?

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:14 pm

stunt wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Reading that you would think Madrid and Barca would be 30 points ahead of the pack, which is crap.

I don't think either Barca or Madrid can easily beat Milan, Juve, MCity, Napoli, Chelsea, and other teams when those teams are on their day.

Well of course not. Same with the EPL teams. But Madrid and Barca would win more times than they would lose if they faced these teams, IMO. I think they would win the other 2 big leagues 10/15 pts ahead.

It is not only the big guns that they would worry about, but the smaller team that can force draws at their home. Not to mention the increase in physicality in both leagues would mean more fouls go unpunished.

I think the refereeing change alone will cause problems for both teams, and a 10 point game is impossible to achieve if you have other teams chasing after you trying to win, which is does not happen in La Liga anymore.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:14 pm

You still don't take into account that both Barca and Real would have to cope with about 80 million Euros slashed from their yearly income as they wouldn't have their exclusive TV deals and would have to compensate that. Barca had to take a loan to pay player wages once already IIRC - dunno how they would cope with getting even more into the red.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 pm

You guys talk like the PTB teams are the teams that make Barca and Real drop points

They don't, last season they did regarding Madrid but this season Madrid is way more consistent.

The times Barca drops points are after international breaks and the likes of Valencia, Espanyol or any other of the top 6 bar Atletico
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 pm

stunt wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

You have to Understand, Chelsea and Man city will spend money until they get to Barcelona's level and Man united will be back and the more Barcelona plays in EPL the more teams will get to know them and can stand up to them.

We are talking right now with their current teams.

If in the future other teams will improve why cant Barca improve aswell?

This year EPL teams have been shit and any team could take advantage of them I think beating Man city in EPL is not a easy task and juventus in serie A.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:17 pm

che wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

pretty sure current man city's squad cost more than current barcelona squad... they already spent the money and are playing on thursday nights ffs
As much as I love that they are playing EL I dont think they will be there again next year they will only get stronger.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:19 pm

che wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

I don't think either Barca or Madrid can easily beat Milan, Juve, MCity, Napoli, Chelsea, and other teams when those teams are on their day.

"on their day" is not the issue here... on their day osasuna can beat barcelona

point is, barcelona and madrid both have too much quality to not dominate every other league over an entire season... sure the chasing teams would be closer than in spain but i can't imagine they would drop less points over the season... ffs juve are almost leading the table and have won barely more than 50% of their games, that's tragic

The thing about Serie A is that the top teams don't expect to win more than 60% of their games. The provincial squads are in healthy conditions financially and often are very strong at home. It is these squads that will force out draws by any tactics necessary that will decrease the gap. Anticipate long grass when playing against Barca, and irregular hedges when playing against Madrid. Hell, there is a reason Ronaldo got injured twice in Serie A.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm

In La Liga defenders have a disadvantage because attackers go down and so you have to be a uch better defender. In the EPL, no such luck. Messi and Iniesta would be injured half the time and the game is played at a much faster pace. Barcelona might win the league, but they would suffer much more than they do in la liga as defenders can get away with far more than they do in la liga. Real MAdrid? Don't think they would win tbh. The amount of defensive mistakes they make would get punished. Ramos and Pepe would not be able to handle big physical strikers and the pace that Real play at is the pace that the average EPL team plays at.

Serie A is very tactical. Barcelona will definately not be wining by 7 goals like like they do in la liga. Teams are much more versed in the art of defeding and over Pep's spell, Inter and Milan have given Barca more problems than most spanish teams could throw at them. and in the EPL especially, Real Have been shown to be horrible at set pieces.

TBH this is a very stupid arguement as teams styles are influenced by their leagues. Saying that Because Barcelona beat United 3-1 they would walk the EPL is very naive and short sighted. Look at the injuries that they have in al liga with breaks, their small squad would get ripped apart in the EPL with no winter breaks they will have to play in the carling cup and it would stretch them even further, and they and what about pitch complaints? During winter some of the pitchs are horrible and they wont be able to move the ball the way they like. Again considering all the factors here, imo they would just win it but they will find it far more difficult than la liga. They managed to walk la liga with that smal squad last season, and you have to register 25 players for the squad, there is no Barca B players that can play so they can't bring in B team players for cover. The hamstring injuries that they are getting would be magnified a few times by the rigour of the EPL and it's schedule. They would have to play in the EPL, FA cup, Carling cup and CL with no breaks. Think about all these factors before you spout 'they would walk the EPL'

Last edited by jibers on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:25 pm

jibers wrote:Messi and Iniesta would be injured half the time and the game is played at a much faster pace.

Ramos and Pepe would not be able to handle big physical strikers and the pace that Real play at is the pace that the average EPL team plays at.

Serie A is very tactical. Barcelona will definately not be wining by 7 goals like like they do in la liga. Teams are much more versed in the art of defeding and over Pep's spell, Inter and Milan have given Barca more problems than most spanish teams could throw at them. and in the EPL especially, Real Have been shown to be horrible at set pieces.

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdcu5Pe93e89iCI4VPp2OORE3m8hsatdEI-XBV7IYs3IvrHGTt0dIrHfUZ
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Not true Jibers, everything you're saying is so hypothetical so far

First off, Barca has never been a injury prone squad before now. I remember joking about them never getting injured. Their medical squad is one of the best in the world and I think the "physical"-aspect of EPL is often very overrated. And as I said before, with the whole EPL being at it's lowest I've ever seen them at I have no doubts in my mind Barca/Real would walk it.

Also it's true our defense has alot of concentration problems, but don't you think if it was exposed more in EPL they wouldn't get replaced? Pepe is a solid defender when he isn't ball watching the whole game (such as CSKA Moskva), same goes for Ramos. Also we've Mourinho as the coach, he knows EPL, if that was the case they would get replaced. Don't agree anyways. If our defense sucked that much Barca would score much more against us lol (or valecnia or any other la liga team) Laughing

Stand by what I said, they would have it a walk in the park in any other league and I think there are less teams in EPL that can challange Barca/Madrid compared to La Liga.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 pm

jibers wrote:Ramos and Pepe would not be able to handle big physical strikers and the pace that Real play at is the pace that the average EPL team plays at.

LOL, there is a reason the referees in LaLiga dont like these two players, extremely poor choice
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Is it just me or do EPL teams seem more competitive than La liga teams?

I mean each week it's 'Oh, Real Madrid and Barca will win this easily'.

Whereas in the EPL most of the teams have an identity.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:31 pm

The Epl is still the best league in the world, it deserves respect. RM and barca would not dominate it easy, simple as that.

Last edited by REWB on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:32 pm

mtfootball wrote:Is it just me or do EPL teams seem more competitive than La liga teams?

this is true, no match is a given in the epl
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Se7en wrote:
Stand by what I said, they would have it a walk in the park in any other league and I think there are less teams in EPL that can challenge Barca/Madrid compared to La Liga.

How would Real Madrid/Barca do in the EPL/Serie A? - Page 2 Not_sure_if_srs

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:33 pm

mtfootball wrote:Is it just me or do EPL teams seem more competitive than La liga teams?

That's just you Rolling Eyes

Do you take a Barca vs. Bilbao granted?

or Valencia vs. Barca granted?

It's just premfaces that have that attitude along with you apparently..
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 pm

oh for god's sake this again... do we have to pull up stats about how ancelotti's chelsea won one less game by more than 3 goals than barcelona in that season?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Se7en wrote:Not true Jibers, everything you're saying is so hypothetical so far

First off, Barca has never been a injury prone squad before now. I remember joking about them never getting injured. Their medical squad is one of the best in the world and I think the "physical"-aspect of EPL is often very overrated. And as I said before, with the whole EPL being at it's lowest I've ever seen them at I have no doubts in my mind Barca/Real would walk it.

Also it's true our defense has alot of concentration problems, but don't you think if it was exposed more in EPL they wouldn't get replaced? Pepe is a solid defender when he isn't ball watching the whole game (such as CSKA Moskva), same goes for Ramos. Also we've Mourinho as the coach, he knows EPL, if that was the case they would get replaced. Don't agree anyways. If our defense sucked that much Barca would score much more against us lol (or valecnia or any other la liga team) Laughing

Stand by what I said, they would have it a walk in the park in any other league and I think there are less teams in EPL that can challange Barca/Madrid compared to La Liga.

Barcelona beat you at home 3-1. The same result United had a neutral ground against a far betetr barca. Barcelona beat you 5-0 lasts eason. But as always excuses will be made. They beat you it is a tactical error, you draw with them you were superior. Again, Barcelona have had 13 hamstring injuries this season, the same amount they had the whole of last season. They play in the EPL with that small squad, at that pace with very few breaks? They will crumble. Iniesta is injury prone, he would get demolished playing a full season in the EPL, Xavi has an Achilles problem and will get even worse. Again Barcelona would have no walk in the park like theyve done the last 3 seasons. Real Madrid? LOL, win your league before talking of winnning other leagues ffs. ROFL.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Real Madrid and Barcelona in the BPL?! How much years you guys want Arsenal to go without a trophy, come on, let's leave them in Spain.

N.B Neither would be all that dominate in either Serie A or BPL.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Se7en wrote:Stand by what I said, they would have it a walk in the park in any other league and I think there are less teams in EPL that can challange Barca/Madrid compared to La Liga.

name those teams that you think can challenge barca/rm more than epl teams? go on name them.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm

che wrote:oh for god's sake this again... do we have to pull up stats about how ancelotti's chelsea won one less game by more than 3 goals than barcelona in that season?

Even more interesting statistic:

Since 2004 only Man U and Chelsea have won the league

Competive league my ass. It's almost the same as La Liga but the table doesn't point out the dominance so much
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Doc wrote:Real Madrid and Barcelona in the BPL?! How much years you guys want Arsenal to go without a trophy, come on, let's leave them in Spain.

N.B Neither would be all that dominate in either Serie A or BPL.

The same Arsenal team that beat Barcelona at home and the same Arsenal team that got robbed by the ref?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:37 pm

jibers wrote:
Se7en wrote:Not true Jibers, everything you're saying is so hypothetical so far

Barcelona beat you at home 3-1. The same result United had a neutral ground against a far betetr barca. Barcelona beat you 5-0 lasts eason. But as always excuses will be made. They beat you it is a tactical error, you draw with them you were superior. Again, Barcelona have had 13 hamstring injuries this season, the same amount they had the whole of last season. They play in the EPL with that small squad, at that pace with very few breaks? They will crumble. Iniesta is injury prone, he would get demolished playing a full season in the EPL, Xavi has an Achilles problem and will get even worse. Again Barcelona would have no walk in the park like theyve done the last 3 seasons. Real Madrid? LOL, win your league before talking of winnning other leagues ffs. ROFL.

We're winning our league... Rolling Eyes

Neutral ground my ass. It's not like the Man U players are unfamilair to Wembley. City won you 6-1 and lost to Napoli.

Really? Are you gonna tell me that Man U is gonna challange Barca more than let's say Valencia?

Dream on, when the big two leave La Liga it will look like the best league out there and most competive one aswell while EPL will be the real joke becouse they all suck in CL and Barca and Madrid are spanking them
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:39 pm

The BPL is pretty competitive you know. The problem is that the cream would always rise to the top regardless of what you think. But in all seriousness, BPL teams tend to give it more against the top sides than La Liga.

Also, to remind you gents, La Liga was very similar to what the BPL is now. I would say up until 2007, the league really was pretty balanced...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:40 pm

sevilla almost won the league in 08 lol... i blame guardiola, barcelona started raping everything with him, the only way madrid could keep up was to spend half a billion, now we're stuck with two teams dominating the league for god knows how long
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Villarreal finished 2nd in 2008.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next