+4
AnJl
beatrixasdfghjk.
Wilson37
Sri
8 posters

Go down

Goal of the Month - February 2012

Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_lcap6%Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_lcap6%Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_lcap3%Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_lcap3%Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_lcap9%Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_lcap13%Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_lcap34%Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 11 ]
Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_lcap19%Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 32

Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Empty Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012

Post by Sri Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:42 am

Firstly, my apologies for not contributing this bit to our forum in the past few months - blame it on a hectic professional life and my examinations. I have time to do this bit for February, but again, I am not sure of the time I will be able to contribute to this in the coming month-ends.

Anyhow, we have come to the end of a tough tough month. The month was the epitome of our inconsistent season and one can't help but feel that we could and should have done much better. The month was pretty pathetic except for those two high scoring games at home.

The Games

COMPETITION . HOME/AWAY .. OPPONENT .. GF .. GA .
EPL Away Bolton . 0 .. 0 .
EPL Home Blackburn . 7 .. 1 .
EPL Away Sunderland . 2 .. 1 .
UCL Away AC Milan . 0 .. 4 .
FA CupAway Sunderland . 0 .. 2 .
EPL Home Tottenham . 5 .. 2 .

The Results & My Views

Arguably, we played well away at Bolton and deserved to get a win. But credit to Bolton for keeping a clean sheet. RvP hit the woodwork a couple of times and Szczesny made a crucial save of Mark Davies to ensure a clean sheet for us.

This was followed up with a beautiful exhibition of the beautiful game at the Emirates against a team which handed us a shock defeat earlier in the season. An RvP hat-trick, a brace for the Ox, an odd goal for Arteta and Thierry Henry's last goal at the Emirates summed up a forgettable night for the Rovers.

The EPL clash against Sunderland seemed destined for a draw till King Henry stepped in to score a late late goal and bag us three points. His short stay at the club was still very successful as he grabbed a few goals and contributed massively to the dressing room mentality while here. The younger players learnt a lot training with him. Thank you, Titi. You are truly a legend! The horrible pitch ensured an awkward, but season-ending injury to Per Mertesacker, who, for all his flaws, had become a strong pillar of support for our defense. And with this also ended our good start to the month.

The match at San Siro was important for many reasons. And we had been looking forward to it from the day the tie was fixed. Some expected us to breeze past the old tired legs of Milan, while others looked forward to a mouth watering clash. But what happen that night at San Siro was something nobody would have expected. The team selection seemed to be inclined towards experience, as Gibbs started at LB with Rosicky on the wing ahead of him. The players did not turn up and we lost 4-0 on one of the most forgettable nights in Europe.

In my opinion, this was as bad, if not worse, to the 8-2 loss at Old Trafford earlier this season. The loss was exacerbated by the fact that we played most of our first team, unlike the Old Trafford match with a depleted squad. Some people chose to blame the pitch again, and I found the timing of the 'relaying of the pitch' on the wide areas as a definite negative approach from Milan. But that does nothing to assuage the poor performance and the lack of a single goal from us, while Milan romped 4 past us. We lost both in terms of passion as well as tactics. If we mess up just because a pitch was unfavorable to our style of play, then god save us.

The next match was another trip to Sunderland. The result, this time, was expected (at least by me). We lost as we failed to score again and Sunderland put 2 past us. And within a week, we were effectively out of the CL and dumped out of the one competition we had some chance of winning. Say hello to the next trophy-less season.

The final match of the month saw us entertaining the clowns from across North London at the Emirates. Half an hour into the game, I was certain that this February was probably worse than the same period last season which saw us mess up everything. Arguably, we are still reeling from the impact of that period last season, which could be considered a precursor to the players leaving in the summer. 2-0 down after a defensive mess up of our shape and a dubious penalty, converted by none other than our darling lad, Adebayor [may he rot in hell].

But we turned it around. A header from Sagna epitomized our team's desire to win the derby, followed by RvP's brilliant brilliant goal. We took the game by the scruff after these goals as we put in 3 more past a hapless Spud defense, and finished with arguably our best game of our season so far. The fact that Spuds played like shit and 'Arry messed up his tactical game plan does nothing to take away the masterclass display put in by Rosicky and the team, as the Little Mozart showed signs of his pre-injury form in a Man of the Match performance and a goal.

Transfers & Linked

A special section this time, just to honor our little Russian wizard. Lack of game time made him opt for a loan back to Zenit in a bid to make it to the Euro team. He left with a promise of coming back better, though how much he could contribute when he comes back older is debatable. But what won me over is the love he showed for Arsenal when he left, with his statements - despite all the ire he has drawn for his lazy performances this season. We know it was a dream move for him when he came to the Emirates, and apart from a little flirting with statements of Barca being him dream team [ugh!], he remained a gunner in his time. I wish the very best and would love to have him back [as long as he can contribute Razz].

Oh, and to all the worshippers of Godolski - the good news coming out of Germany, though from dubious sources, is that God is coming to Arsenal next season and has agreed personal terms. Its obvious that he is leaving Köln and is unhappy here. But whether it is North London he comes to, is still up in the air. Fingers crossed!

Other mentions - Matias Suarez, Lucas Biglia, Eden Hazard (!!).

The Month Ahead

March starts with a game away at Anfield this weekend, where we play against the League Cup winners of 2011/12 season. 1 point is what I expect, but 3 would be nice. Chances are, we will lose this.

Following this is our match against Milan at home. We need 5 past them to qualify, and letting them score even a single away goal would be effectively end our CL journey. No hopes here either.

The next three games would be Newcastle and Aston Villa at home (both of which we should win, given our recent home form - 12 goals in 2 games) and a trip away to QPR, which would be a tricky fixture.

The target for this month is obviously comsolidating 4th place and attempt at overhauling Tottenham at third place.

The Goals

I will try and put in some video later today, or tomorrow. Meanwhile, these are the goals:

vs Blackburn : van Persie (2, 38, 62), Oxlade-Chamberlain (40, 54), Arteta (51), Henry (90)
vs Sunderland : Ramsey (75), Henry (90)
vs Spuds : Sagna (40), van Persie (43), Rosicky (50), Walcott (65, 68)

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/42252/february-goal-of-the-month-vote-now-

Last edited by srigooner on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Empty Re: Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012

Post by Wilson37 Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:30 am

Great posting sri...
Hoping for a bright month ahead..
For me Rvp vs Spuds is surely the best goal..
Also really enjoyed Rosickys goal..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012 Empty Re: Goal of the Month & Review - February 2012

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:32 am

February Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 am

And you shouldn't make it a poll, I dunno whether to vote for RVP or Rozza vs Spuds though (voting both while I still can) Embarassed.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:February Razz.
Fixed. Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:And you shouldn't make it a poll, I dunno whether to vote for RVP or Rozza vs Spuds though (voting both while I still can) Embarassed.

I always put it as allow multiple votes, so not a problem eh?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 am

srigooner wrote:
beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:And you shouldn't make it a poll, I dunno whether to vote for RVP or Rozza vs Spuds though (voting both while I still can) Embarassed.

I always put it as allow multiple votes, so not a problem eh?
._____________.
Just for people like me?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Can i vote for all of them? banana
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:28 pm

AnJl wrote:Can i vote for all of them? banana

YOU ARE BACK!! banana drinking

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 pm

srigooner wrote:
AnJl wrote:Can i vote for all of them? banana

YOU ARE BACK!! banana drinking

I got time on my hands now, so might as well use it *ahem* wisely here Razz
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Great job Sri Smile

Really nice to see an overcap of a nearly perfect domestic month (Bolton... Evil or Very Mad)

Voted Sagna, Rozza, RVP Spuds and Henry Sunderland.

I think we should beat Liverpool but expect a draw, a loss would be unacceptable imo.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:44 pm

MJGunner wrote:Great job Sri Smile

Really nice to see an overcap of a nearly perfect domestic month (Bolton... Evil or Very Mad)

I think we should beat Liverpool but expect a draw, a loss would be unacceptable imo.
We can call it a perfect home month Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:50 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Great job Sri Smile

We can call it a perfect home month Razz.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:47 pm

long time Anjl!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Graet job
and what a poll
voted for all banana
My 1st choice:RVP vs 5pud2
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Sagna vs Spuds brought us back, amazing header. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Goals can be seen at :

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/42252/february-goal-of-the-month-vote-now-

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:51 am

RealGunner wrote:long time Anjl!

Thanks for the welcome RG Smile

Been so freaking busy over the past 6 months, but would always check GL everyday.

Should be posting more now
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down