:{Mr.Mustachio!
DV7
messixaviesta
Albiceleste
Khaled
62 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 12 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by neuro11 Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:43 am

Firstly, i felt it stupid and said it. because saying lucky means nothing but to discredit someone's achievement. for me at least that is no way the right word. luck is always with everyone's play from best to worst. but if that mean it to insult/hurt anyone......i am sorry....
secondly,the defender was not walking, he was running while trying to put his knee high up in the air to intercept the cross. I doubt it is that easy to do so simultaneously, anyone who plays can shed some light probably......
thirdly, it is also interesting how Donuts feel that xavi's pass was impossible to intercept. i will not say much about that but i wish you watch it again, i doubt any top class defender would jump like that in the dbox. But anyway that will no discredit the quality of that pass and goal as the luck is only what you create yourself.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 12 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by free_cat Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:12 am

The thing is that Pedro isn't doing anything wrong. He is just not scoring goals, because he doesn't get chances. Probably because he is instructed to play this way, because with Spain he is scoring shitloads. So he basically does what he is asked to do very well.

On the other hand Alexis does a lot of stuff wrong. Mainly miss chances that if I missed, as an amateur player, would never be allowed to play again, and lose tons of balls (second player with most turnovers).
Yes, Alexis played well vs the worst team in la liga and sometimes when he comes in with a tired and beaten opposition he creates more danger than Pedro. But that doesn't compensate his flaws.

Also, we know that Pedro has a high ceiling because he showed it at Barcelona for 2, 5 years. He Is 25 and he will surely get back to it sooner or later. On the other hand, Alexis ceiling at Barcelona is too low.

Fortunately, people who have a say don't even consider it a debate and Pedro will be the starter.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:13 am

Oh, and yes Alexis assist was lucky. basically it was more a defensive mistake than a good pass.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:09 pm

free_cat wrote:Fortunately, people who have a say don't even consider it a debate and Pedro will be the starter.

If I remember correctly Tito actually preferred Sánchez to Pedro in a lot of matches until Alexis started missing tap ins. It was only until Roura took over that Pedro became his unquestionable starter. But yeah, Pedro started all those matches when Barcelona were flopping left right centre. How fortunate Laughing

free_cat wrote:Probably because he is instructed to play this way
Do we know this though? Sure, Spain performances have been good but when you were flopping against Madrid and Milan and desperate for goals, surely he'd be instructed to make runs forwards and be more active in disorganising the opposition's defence. But no, he didn't, still the old pivot pass-back. At times he is even unaware of how much space he has behind himself to exploit due playing with his back towards the goal and his over emphasis to play the safe ball.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 pm

danyjr wrote:
free_cat wrote:Fortunately, people who have a say don't even consider it a debate and Pedro will be the starter.

If I remember correctly Tito actually preferred Sánchez to Pedro in a lot of matches until Alexis started missing tap ins. It was only until Roura took over that Pedro became his unquestionable starter. But yeah, Pedro started all those matches when Barcelona were flopping left right centre. How fortunate Laughing

free_cat wrote:Probably because he is instructed to play this way
Do we know this though? Sure, Spain performances have been good but when you were flopping against Madrid and Milan and desperate for goals, surely he'd be instructed to make runs forwards and be more active in disorganising the opposition's defence. But no, he didn't, still the old pivot pass-back. At times he is even unaware of how much space he has behind himself to exploit due playing with his back towards the goal and his over emphasis to play the safe ball.

Sorry, Pedro has been the starter all season long. Alexis only was used more (not as much as Pedro though) at the beining of the season.

We don't know for sure what are the instructions to Pedro, that's why I said "probably", but comparing how he used to play under Pep and how he plays with Spain, with how he plays for us now, it seems he has been instructed differently under Tito.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:37 pm

while i agree with free_cat that pedro has a proven record with us and overall better than alexis, i think at the moment both are at same level. Alexis missing the net freq. whereas pedro is running like a aimless little kid. at times it looks really very funny. so i highly doubt he is instructed to do that......
The painful thing with alexis is we have paid well for him so it hurts. and it really is another of our bad buy......

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Luck? This is shameful stuff.

I dont think sprinting as hard as you can 30-40m to get on the overlap has anything to do with luck and everything to do with hard work.

The pass on another day might of got cut out yes, but it didnt...so that should be the end of it.

Only Alexis gets judged like this. Its beyond silly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:12 pm

The Franchise wrote:Luck? This is shameful stuff.

I dont think sprinting as hard as you can 30-40m to get on the overlap has anything to do with luck and everything to do with hard work.

The pass on another day might of got cut out yes, but it didnt...so that should be the end of it.

Only Alexis gets judged like this. Its beyond silly.
This really. If this was pedro free you would be jumping in joy

Too bad all I saw pedro do vs milan is fall down and dribble into people, or pass back (hence danyjr's pivot analogy lol)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:16 pm

It's one pass and one game. Pointless to rate someone on one case study.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Nobody's rating anyone based on his time against Milan.

We're just saying that it's ridiculous the lengths people go to discredit whatever Alexis did.

What else do you guys want from him? What does it take to give him some praise? He came on, worked hard, got an assist and generally did well.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:13 pm

The thing is that Pedro isn't doing anything wrong. He is just not scoring goals, because he doesn't get chances. Probably because he is instructed to play this way, because with Spain he is scoring shitloads. So he basically does what he is asked to do very well.
I find it hard to believe Alexis would be told to run and Pedro would be told to just stand there. Pedro is not getting any chances because he's not putting enough effort in, and as a result he's not scoring. Alexis puts a lot of effort in but is lacking in confidence, something that can change.

Suppose you're Messi, Iniesta or Xavi. Who would you rather have playing next to you: a player that makes runs, provides width, makes spaces for your passes or one that stands next to you while waiting for Alves to make those runs for him?

It's pretty clear to me who should be starting.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:18 pm

It's much harder to believe that a player is ignoring coaches instructions or lacks effort and is not being benched.(Also, saying Pedro lacks effort is a great joke).

This, coupled to his change of style under del Bosque is quite clear.

CB, you are being a drama queen in your last post.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:19 pm

That was a proper response to the points I put forth Free, thanks.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:04 pm

One of his best games in awhile. He's improving, bit by bit, but improving.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Albiceleste wrote:One of his best games in awhile. He's improving, bit by bit, but improving.

Seriously, I mean... really? I didn't want to say anything about Alexis not to rub salt in the wound. Yes, his first half was Ok, at the same level of an average Pedro game that gets called "horrible" by most of you, and in his second half he dribled a player, but come on, he messed up the two clearest chances in the game, lost balls and was generally rubbish in the second half.

It's nuts to praise him and say he is doing well, if that's improvement, please, don't improve anymore Alexis.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:35 pm

Free can't you give him a break? By all accounts except yours and kizz' he played a very good game until he missed the goal. It's not ridiculous to imagine that more good performances would see him recovering his confidence and thus lead to significant improvement. You don't need to bash him to support Pedro
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:33 pm

For all accounts in Catalan media and webs Alexis sucked. On the radio they talk about him as 'that poor guy'. On tv they giggle when they mention Alexis.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:49 pm

And the English media rate Wilshere as the second coming of Christ and better than Santi Cazorla.

Your point is?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm

I hope they also giggle when Pedro's name is mentioned, except they probably forgot who he is considering how invisible he has been.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:06 pm

I won't convince you so I won't try to, but Alexis is finding his feet at the club, sure it may not be raining goals but he's playing good and is showing a lot more promise than he used to have. He's playing his best football at the club right now and seems to be getting better, even if he isnt scoring like in his first season.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:11 pm

If it were up to me I'd sell boy Alexis and Sanchez then slap everyone who even argues about who is better when none currently deserve to a spot in this team.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:21 pm

CBarca wrote:And the English media rate Wilshere as the second coming of Christ and better than Santi Cazorla.

Your point is?
Not even as bad as English media, these guys have xenophobia. In my time in Spain I saw more racist people in Catalonia than anywhere else in Spain. And I've visited most of Spain and have lived in throughout the east and southern coast of peninsula. Obviously I'm not going to generalise people but when it comes to press it is not even a question to me regarding Catalan xenophobia. Thankfully the old generations and their medieval ideas are slowly fading away.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 pm

danyjr wrote:
CBarca wrote:And the English media rate Wilshere as the second coming of Christ and better than Santi Cazorla.

Your point is?
Not even as bad as English media, these guys have xenophobia. In my time in Spain I saw more racist people in Catalonia than anywhere else in Spain. And I've visited most of Spain and have lived in throughout the east and southern coast of peninsula. Obviously I'm not going to generalise people but when it comes to press it is not even a question to me regarding Catalan xenophobia. Thankfully the old generations and their medieval ideas are slowly fading away.

juas, what a pile of bullshit.Catalonia has the most immigration in Spain and there have been no racial or xenophobic incidents, unlike some incidents in other places of Spain.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Albiceleste wrote:I won't convince you so I won't try to, but Alexis is finding his feet at the club, sure it may not be raining goals but he's playing good and is showing a lot more promise than he used to have. He's playing his best football at the club right now and seems to be getting better, even if he isnt scoring like in his first season.

I wished that was true, but you really watched the game at all?

I really didnt want to comment anything about alexis, to not rub salt in the wound. He was so bad that I thought people would be sympathetic but realistic with him. But I come here and it's like an alternative reality to anything and everyone else.

I visit other barça sites and watch and listen barca media. Nowhere except in this forum people thinks Alexis had a good game.

Will try to not talk anymore about him, he's probably history at our club and if he isn't it will be because he will finally play well, not what he is currently doing.

He has managed to play soo poorly this season, that people is believing his last season was good, when the player himself admitted it deserved a 5 at most.

Last edited by free_cat on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:44 pm

No racial or xenophobic incidents? Laughing

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/05062010/47/liga-rosell-quiere-africano-masia.html

Words of your master :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:48 pm

danyjr wrote:No racial or xenophobic incidents? Laughing

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/05062010/47/liga-rosell-quiere-africano-masia.html

Words of your master :coffee:

Rosell is an idiot, but that's not a racial incident dude. It's a racist opinion from one individual, and the policy of la masia hasn't actually changed.

An incident is people trying to beat immigrants like it happened in el ejido or with Latin Americans around Madrid.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next