Two game bans for Cassetti, Osvaldo

5 posters

Go down

Two game bans for Cassetti, Osvaldo Empty Two game bans for Cassetti, Osvaldo

Post by ErPupone Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 4:03

Two game bans for Cassetti, Osvaldo
By Football Italia staff

Marco Cassetti and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo have both been handed two-game suspensions for red cards picked up at the weekend.

Osvaldo was dismissed early in the second half of Roma’s eventual 4-1 defeat to Atalanta for kicking out Luca Cigarini, whilst Cassetti was also shown a straight red later on for abusive language aimed at the assistant referee.

Accordingly, the pair have been handed respective two-game bans by the League, ruling them out of next weekend’s derby with Lazio and the following week’s trip to Palermo. Fernando Gago will also miss the derby to serve a one-game suspension.

As many as 11 other top-flight players have also been handed one-match bans for dismissals or accumulating yellow cards in Week 25: Arturo Vidal and Simone Pepe (Juventus), Salvatore Aronica (Napoli), Federico Balzaretti (Palermo), Maurizio Lauro and Roberto Guana (Cesena), Michele Canini (Cagliari), Maxi Moralez and Federico Peluso (Atalanta), Sergio Pellissier (Chievo) and Francesco Valiani (Parma).
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Two game bans for Cassetti, Osvaldo Empty Re: Two game bans for Cassetti, Osvaldo

Post by McLewis Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 5:26

Coulda sworn Gago should be on that list. He was on a yellow in that game too.

As for the bans.....meh, neither will be missed too much. Borini's doing the scoring at the moment so I hope that continues and Cassetti is just not good enough right now anyway.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Two game bans for Cassetti, Osvaldo Empty Re: Two game bans for Cassetti, Osvaldo

Post by JAY-Z Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 15:19

Casseti can *bleep* off, Osvaldo should chill some time.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 22:22

McLewis wrote:Coulda sworn Gago should be on that list. He was on a yellow in that game too.

As for the bans.....meh, neither will be missed too much. Borini's doing the scoring at the moment so I hope that continues and Cassetti is just not good enough right now anyway.

True, but it would've been useful having Osvaldo on the bench if needed. Cassetti, that one won't really hurt, he was never going to play anyway. It's just Gago's absence that really sucks.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue 28 Feb 2012 - 22:34

*bleep* both of them
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Thu 1 Mar 2012 - 21:26

The more Osvaldo plays for us the more I DON'T want him to play for us. Hes actually quite selfish and wasteful on the ball and really does not even have the talent to be such. I thought he was going to be great for us, now I just hope he punches someone else so we can pawn him off back to Espanyol. I really think hes going to turn out to be our biggest flop of the season...He's starting to catch up to Kjaer in that regards IMO.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 1:41

He's a hardly a flop. Still has 6 goals to his name.

He's just rather undisciplined. He was Espanyol's undisputed star so he's used to having things his way. The quicker he learns that that's not gonna happen here, the better he'll be become.

Kjaer is still our biggest flop thus far.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 7:01

McLewis wrote:He's a hardly a flop. Still has 6 goals to his name.

He's just rather undisciplined. He was Espanyol's undisputed star so he's used to having things his way. The quicker he learns that that's not gonna happen here, the better he'll be become.

Kjaer is still our biggest flop thus far.

Completely agreed. He adds another dimension to our attack that we've lacked at times during his absence.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 19:01

We Shall see I guess. I just hope his attitude improves and he does well for us. I don't believe he should be an automatic starter like he was earlier this season.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 9 Mar 2012 - 17:49

Our appeal for Osvaldo's two match ban was rejected. Still don't understand why he was given an extended ban, nor why he was red carded in the first place.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down