billy_gr
BarcaKizz
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
65 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo! - Page 12 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola : El Puto Amo!

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:11 am

The Barcelona star claims the current Bayern Munich boss is "on another level" to any other coach he has worked with after he was transformed into a centre-back under the Spaniard

Barcelona star Javier Mascherano has paid tribute to the impact of former boss Pep Guardiola, describing him as "more than special."

Mascherano joined Barca from Liverpool in the summer of 2010 and went on to clinch the Liga title and the Champions League in his first season at the club under the guidance of the Spanish coach.

The Argentina international has developed into an effective centre-back at Camp Nou after initially being converted to the role by Guardiola, and he feels indebted to the current Bayern Munich head coach for the impact on his career.

"I've rarely seen a group managed in the same way he pursued," he said in an article for canchallena.com.

"He reinvented me. I discovered a role I never thought I could play. As a coach, he is more than special, he is distinct, unforgettable. I'm conscious that, were it not for Guardiola, I would never have managed to play for Barca.

"I've had some very prestigious coaches. But Pep is on another level. He spreads his way of living football to you."

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:26 pm

The Portuguese coach has hailed the Bayern Munich boss for evolving the club's philosophy so rapidly, believing his commitment to perfection puts him in a class of his own.

Andre Villas-Boas has described Pep Guardiola as the best coach of the modern era, stating that he and Bayern Munich are a perfect fit for one another.

Since taking over the reins at the Bavarians last summer, Guardiola has guided his side to UEFA Super Cup and Club World Cup wins and to the top spot in the Bundesliga, with the club sitting seven points clear of second-place Bayer Leverkusen.

Speaking while visiting the Bayern winter training camp in Doha, Qatar, Villas-Boas enthused about the former Barcelona coach's soccer philosophy and the way he inspires his players, tipping Bayern for even more success.

"He has revamped the philosophy of [Bayern's] game, which is his most important innovation," the 36-year-old told TZ. "Guardiola's handwriting can be seen quite clearly on Bayern's games now. His own unique way to see football, to understand how to play the game is the great legacy he will leave behind.

"The mindset of this trainer fits nicely with the culture of this club . Previously, Bayern had the best economic conditions and very good players, and now they also have the best coach of the modern era. If that's not a fit, then what is?"

Villas-Boas, who was dismissed from his job at Tottenham Hotspur in December and has been mooted as a replacement for Schalke boss Jens Keller (whose team is also training in Doha), revealed how he was captivated when watching Guardiola's training sessions.

"If you see him on the training pitch, the intensity with which he gives instructions and how hoarse his voice is then, you could call it an obsession," he continued. "But this is all pure passion and it is contagious. Contagious for me, his staff and the players. That's why they play so well.

"In the past year Bayern have won everything under Jupp Heynckes and these are also the goals in the current season. And I'm sure that if it anyone can manage to meet these inhuman expectations, then Pep can."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola is "one of the greats of his time", according to one-time Argentina boss Cesar Menotti.

Guardiola joined Bayern in the off-season, having previously guided Barcelona to 14 trophies in a four-year stint in charge of the Catalan giants.

And the 42-year-old continues to impress in Bavaria, claiming European Super Cup and Club World Cup honours, in addition to steering Bayern to the Bundesliga summit and knock-out stages of the Uefa Champions League.

"He had to deal with incredibly high expectations after last season, but he has dealt with the challenge superbly so far," Menotti was quoted as saying by TZ.

"That's hardly a surprise, though. Guardiola is one of the greats of his time, because he represents a clear philosophy.

"Guardiola has achieved something that very few coaches have done. Whenever he enters the dressing room and greets his players, they all know how to behave out there on the pitch."

Menotti led Argentina to a World Cup triumph in 1978, and also managed the likes of Barca, Boca Juniors and Atletico Madrid.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Pep's birthday today, he turns 43.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:51 am

Come back Pep!!!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:53 am

AVB praising Pep Proud

This is just beautiful for me personally Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:59 am

Happy Birthday Pep Proud

Last edited by Winter is Coming on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:59 am

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:59 am

[Classic Pep] - fed up with accusations against him, he lets the Barça board have it.

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:21 am

very interesting video of Pep, and he has a right to be upset.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:17 am

That's from last july or august I think. Wonderful rant. Sounds like he was prepared for that question  Wink 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Pique also stressed his belief that there's no one better in coaching than former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola, who is now in charge of Bayern Munich, but does not know if he left Camp Nou after being told he could not sell the defender.

"As a coach he’s number one," he added. "I learnt the most from him. He taught me to understand football.

"Coaches tell you if you need to do one thing or another, if you need to position yourself here or there. Pep told you why you had to do it, the reason behind it. Pep helped me understand this sport better. I’ll never forget it. He’s the best.

"He’s already explained it, he’d given everything, he’d given everything he had. He was living it 24 hours a day and that wears you out.

"His leaving was a personal decision, just like Sandro Rosell [who resigned as Barca president in January]. They were never our decisions, they were theirs.

"Of course I heard a rumour, that one of the reasons behind Guardiola’s departure was that he’d asked to get rid of me, but you’d have to ask him if it's true. He never said anything to me. I don’t know if it’s true or not."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Could have kept Pep if they sold Pique? Barca. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:41 pm

It is good we had Laporta for several years to fulfill our potential. We always had shitty management that ultimately imploded. Rosell is no surprise. Let's hope there are elections and the history does not repeat itself.

Again, Bayern fans enjoy the two gems that came from Barca, (Thiago and Pep)
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Interesting qoute by Henry on Pep.

"For me, personally, Wenger is like a father," the forward explained. "He is untouchable.

"But I must say that Pep proved surprisingly spectacular. From a strictly business point of view, he is the best boss that I've had because he gave me discipline and a proper view of the game.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:54 am

I want to root against Bayern (for obvious reasons) in the CL.

But it's so incredibly difficult for me to root against a team Pep is managing. Hell if we go out I hope Bayern win it (hopefully we don't go out against them). Pep Proud

Do you think he'll ever come back home?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:31 am

CBarca wrote:I want to root against Bayern (for obvious reasons) in the CL.

But it's so incredibly difficult for me to root against a team Pep is managing. Hell if we go out I hope Bayern win it (hopefully we don't go out against them). Pep Proud

Do you think he'll ever come back home?

Interesting quote by Henry on Pep.

"For me, personally, Wenger is like a father," the forward explained. "He is untouchable.

"But I must say that Pep proved surprisingly spectacular. From a strictly business point of view, he is the best boss that I've had because he gave me discipline and a proper view of the game.

I hope so but it won't be before 6 or 7 years imo. After Bayern he'll try another country ( or maybe Spain?)

Pep  :bow:  His football IQ is the best i've personnaly ever seen, players and managers included.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:23 am

If he succeeds in Bayern less possibility that he will come back. he may rather like to try with a less successful club.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:25 am

I see Pep most definitely going to Italy and England before ever returning to Spain.
he took lessons for english in his time in the USA, so there's speculation he'll go there after bayern.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:20 am

Donuts wrote:I see Pep most definitely going to Italy and England before ever returning to Spain.
he took lessons for english in his time in the USA, so there's speculation he'll go there after bayern.

may be he just preferred learning english than german  Very Happy 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:17 pm

I am 99% sure he has no idea what he is doing next.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:21 am

Hopefully one day he'll find his way home Smile
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:32 am

Interesting video/interview about Pep, all tho I disagree with a few things that *bleep* Balague says.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:47 am

Barcelona icon Johan Cruyff believes the best thing the club could do is bring Pep Guardiola back as coach.

The current Bayern Munich boss spent four years at the helm of the Catalan giants, during which he won a host of titles including two Champions Leagues and three league titles.

Since his departure the club have struggled to reach the same heights, having failed to reach a Champions League final and this season crashing out at the quarters - and currently lie third in La Liga, four points behind leaders Atletico Madrid.

With that in mind, Cruyff believes the best way for the Blaugrana to return to the fore of world football is to lure the 43-year-old back from the Allianz Arena.

"The best thing for Barcelona is for Guardiola to come back," the club icon told Mundo Deportivo.

"If Joan Laporta became president again I'd say that the best thing to do is to sign Pep, and as an intelligent person, I'm sure he would."

The former Barca player and coach then went on to criticise the current administration running the reigning league champions, insisting people with a football background should be in charge of the club.

"Those who know what to do are not the decision makers, it's those who want to take advantage of the football business.

"When Laporta was the president, he left those who knew football like [former director of football] Txiki Begiristain and Frank Rijkaard and then Pep to make football decisions. Everyone can make mistakes, but they knew football motivated their decisions and Laporta was dedicated to being the president and protecting them.

"That's why it worked. There were good and bad moments, but overall it was a great step for both sides."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:31 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Interesting video/interview about Pep, all tho I disagree with a few things that *bleep* Balague says.

What did you disagree with exactly?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Pep would be smart to stay away from Barcelona untill this crop of players is gone.

If I were him, I wouldnt come back with this group..ride it out and wait untill the majority of done. 4-5 years at least.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:Pep would be smart to stay away from Barcelona untill this crop of players is gone.

If I were him, I wouldnt come back with this group..ride it out and wait untill the majority of done. 4-5 years at least.

You don't need to tell him. He already saw Barcelona was a sinking ship an bailed. He will be back only when Messi retires.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next