justdoit_
Lex
donttreadonred
beatrixasdfghjk.
Neutral
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

arsenal close to first trophy in 7 years  - Page 2 Empty Re: arsenal close to first trophy in 7 years

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Adit wrote:Winning FA cup may be but carling cup frankly is a reserve's cup..

You underestimate what winning trophies can do it a team's morale.

Remember Arsenal last season ?

Not saying it because Liverpool are in the final, but if we win next weekend, I will celebrate it more than our amazing 08-09 team which finished trophiless.

also as Garry Neville says: "being on the podium and running around a stadium with medals hanging from your neck is a drug"

Success breads success.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2041439/Gary-Neville-Dont-knock-Carling-Cup-lead-great-success.html

Back to top Go down

arsenal close to first trophy in 7 years  - Page 2 Empty Re: arsenal close to first trophy in 7 years

Post by Adit Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Definitely winning a trophy will be a moral boost,i agree with that.But glory wise carling cup is not that important.Finishing in top 4 is definitely better than that.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:59 pm

Adit wrote:Winning FA cup may be but carling cup frankly is a reserve's cup..

I'm not saying that the Carling Cup is as prestigious as the FA Cup, but my honest opinion is that when your club is in the final of either one, it feels pretty damn good Razz
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:23 pm

For some team that's struggling to make Top 4 and has continuously been attacked by the media for it, it does feel like a trophy. It'll feel like an accomplishment to me if Chelsea makes it in banana

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:31 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:For some team that's struggling to make Top 4 and has continuously been attacked by the media for it, it does feel like a trophy. It'll feel like an accomplishment to me if Chelsea makes it in banana

I'm with you on that one from a Liverpool fan's point of view. However, I think the main difference will be that a top-4 finish will feel like a trophy for a few months but not after a few years, whereas a cup trophy will feel like a trophy for ever. I hope that made sense x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Art Morte wrote:
El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:For some team that's struggling to make Top 4 and has continuously been attacked by the media for it, it does feel like a trophy. It'll feel like an accomplishment to me if Chelsea makes it in banana

I'm with you on that one from a Liverpool fan's point of view. However, I think the main difference will be that a top-4 finish will feel like a trophy for a few months but not after a few years, whereas a cup trophy will feel like a trophy for ever. I hope that made sense x)

Agree.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:11 pm

While he may think that finishing 4th may be like winning a trophy, it is PATHETIC for him to come out say that. Once again, we tolerate mediocrity and we don't demand excellence at Arsenal.

I know what the circumstances are at the club and realistically winning a trophy was not plausible. Still considering the club's stature you don't come out and act like this. It's not like he should say finishing 4th is a failure (even though it is) but to equate it to winning a trophy is absolutely pathetic.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:04 pm

what would you rather have- an F.A. cup win or CL football?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:05 pm

CL football
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:07 pm

lenear1030 wrote:While he may think that finishing 4th may be like winning a trophy, it is PATHETIC for him to come out say that. Once again, we tolerate mediocrity and we don't demand excellence at Arsenal.

I know what the circumstances are at the club and realistically winning a trophy was not plausible. Still considering the club's stature you don't come out and act like this. It's not like he should say finishing 4th is a failure (even though it is) but to equate it to winning a trophy is absolutely pathetic.

Lin is beast !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 pm

lenear1030 wrote:While he may think that finishing 4th may be like winning a trophy, it is PATHETIC for him to come out say that. Once again, we tolerate mediocrity and we don't demand excellence at Arsenal.

Do you know why he is saying this?

We have no chance to win any trophy's so finishing 4th is our only trophy.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

Do you know why he is saying this?

We have no chance to win any trophy's so finishing 4th is our only trophy.

I guess I didn't get my point across so I'll be more direct.

I realize your point I highlighted in red. Fact is, by saying this is embarrassing. Arsenal fans want trophies. 4th place is not consolation for a trophy no matter what the circumstance.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:04 pm

I think we can all understand the sentiment behind his quote. In fact, the supporters of clubs in the hunt for 4th place can probably understand the feeling he is describing, and agree with him. It is the actualization of a goal, and a hard-fought one at that. However, for him to say that publicly while at a club that hasn't won a real trophy in 6 years (going on 7), is disappointing. That isn't tolerating mediocrity. That is championing it.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:46 pm

donttreadonred wrote:I think we can all understand the sentiment behind his quote. In fact, the supporters of clubs in the hunt for 4th place can probably understand the feeling he is describing, and agree with him. It is the actualization of a goal, and a hard-fought one at that. However, for him to say that publicly while at a club that hasn't won a real trophy in 6 years (going on 7), is disappointing. That isn't tolerating mediocrity. That is championing it.

Ok, I surrender. You said it much better.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:42 am

Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:45 am

1/2 a frame-per-second video :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:31 am

RealGunner wrote:
free_cat wrote:Don't know why Arsenal fans neg repped Neutral, when they should be neg repping Wenger or even themselves, for being fooled so long for the french senile-loser.

Do us a favour and stick with barcelona ? You don't know anything about Arsenal, or whats happening in the club.

Knew enough to take your captain
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:39 am

windkick wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
free_cat wrote:Don't know why Arsenal fans neg repped Neutral, when they should be neg repping Wenger or even themselves, for being fooled so long for the french senile-loser.

Do us a favour and stick with barcelona ? You don't know anything about Arsenal, or whats happening in the club.

Knew enough to take your captain

Wow, we have a member of Barca's board here. Can you dear sir please explain to us how much you knew about Arsenal to facilitate the Cesc transfer.

Its jolly good to know we have an inside professional in our forums.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 am

He is talking about me actually. But sorry, I can't explain any inside details.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 am

free_cat wrote:He is talking about me actually. But sorry, I can't explain any inside details.
Why not? I want to know how Cesc is suffering Sad.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 am

REWB wrote:we are still going to win cl this season, we will beat AC 5-0 at the emirates.

that is the attitude man cheers
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2