djoe26
Sina
Jay29
REWB
Highburied
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wilshere vs Chamberlain vs Szczesny - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilshere vs Chamberlain vs Szczesny

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:09 pm

highburied wrote:@diego armando

Why do u rate Wellington so high?

Because hes got quickest feet ive ever seen. Some of the skills hes done you literally need slow motion replays to even see properly, that and the arsenal reserve coaching staff consider him the best talent they have ever seen

DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Wilshere vs Chamberlain vs Szczesny - Page 2 Empty Re: Wilshere vs Chamberlain vs Szczesny

Post by Jay29 Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Do you have actual evidence that the Arsenal coaching staff think that or are you just making it up? I don't recall ever seeing anything like that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:17 am

thats what i was thinking aswell hmm
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:26 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Do you have actual evidence that the Arsenal coaching staff think that or are you just making it up? I don't recall ever seeing anything like that.

They would never say that publically. But the source is reliable and has contact with someone in with the coaching staff and not a lie, although it is unofficial.... you just have to take it as word of mouth. Matters little though, we will see over the coming years for ourselves.

I think if i remember the first time he played for arsenal he made a massive impression scoring 4 goals, continuing on from his form for fluminese youth team where he scored 51 goals in 19 games (information courtesy of J.Sanderson himself) Its not difficult to believe at all that arsenals youth coaches have never seen a better talent, other than wilshere there havent been many gems recently
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:50 am

Ryo #1 :bow:

on serious note:

Jack
Chesn
Coq
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:07 am

Wellington might be a talen but he has got worst attitude and thats why he has played so little. I too like him but he needs to change his attitude for his own future. Wenger might change him if he gets work permit but i dont see his future at arsenal.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:13 am

Ramsey ahead of Miquel is silly.

Ramsey has so much potential and has already proven it pre-injury and then in selective games post-injury, most notably in the 5-3 chelsea game, and at Wembley against England for Wales when he was named motm.

Miquel won't make it for me. Too weak. I prefer Bartley. Miquel might prove to be a decent squad player who can fill in at cb or lb in the coming years, but we'll see. Too early to say anything definitive in truth.

Who am I most excited about? Of course Wilshere stands out, but Ryo Miyaichi's loan spell at Bolton is so intriguing, can't wait to see how that works out. I trust Coyle's ability with younger players.

But the one that most excites me, is arguably Joel Campbell. I have watched this guy countless times now for Lorient and Costa Rica, and the majority of the time, he does something that catches my eye. His finish v Spanish national team was memorable.

Like Coquelin at Lorient last season, it seems Joel can really benefit from this period too.

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:16 am

1. Jack Wilshere
2. Wojciech Szczesny
3. Francis Coquelin
4. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
5. Aaron Ramsey
6. Theo Walcott
7. Joel Campbell
8. Kieran Gibbs
9. Kyle Bartley
10. Ryo Miyaichi

As much as I love Ryo & Kyle, they might not make it since the competition is tough, 1 more year for Gibbs and if the situation doesn't change, he might be the next to go. The rest, I'm confident would make the 1st team in the future.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:18 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Ramsey ahead of Miquel is silly.

Ramsey has so much potential and has already proven it pre-injury and then in selective games post-injury, most notably in the 5-3 chelsea game, and at Wembley against England for Wales when he was named motm.

Miquel won't make it for me. Too weak. I prefer Bartley.

I love Miguel but like you said we are set CB department for the next 4 years or so, very little chance both Miguel & Bartley could make it. Being Spanish, Miguel might be the 1st one to move on.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:08 am

I, for one, am curious as to how Miquel is as highly rated as he is since, from what I've seen, he hasn't played anywhere near enough times to show us what he really can do. This is why Bartley made my list and not Miquel (and Jenkinson, too). Bartley has played many times for Sheffield United and Rangers and has shown what he can do as a no-nonsence centre back.

Now I don't think either of them will be mainstays in our first team. I think they'll both get to the fringes of the team and make the odd appearance here and there, but I don't think they'll progress to the point where they could cement a first team spot. Still, I can easily see Bartley playing in the Premier League. Not sure about Miquel just yet.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:21 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I, for one, am curious as to how Miquel is as highly rated as he is since, from what I've seen, he hasn't played anywhere near enough times to show us what he really can do. This is why Bartley made my list and not Miquel (and Jenkinson, too). Bartley has played many times for Sheffield United and Rangers and has shown what he can do as a no-nonsence centre back.

Now I don't think either of them will be mainstays in our first team. I think they'll both get to the fringes of the team and make the odd appearance here and there, but I don't think they'll progress to the point where they could cement a first team spot. Still, I can easily see Bartley playing in the Premier League. Not sure about Miquel just yet.

For me, it's an effect of our crappy run of games at the beginning of the season, Frimpong & to lesser extent Miguel represented that little bright light in otherwise dark time, fans overrated them a bit, even though they both played nowhere near starting 11 level. Plus he's captain of reserve, not that it matters, just ask Randall.

Been really long time since we produced any worthwhile CB from academy, Senderos looked much more mature than Miguel & Bartley at their ages so I'm hesitant to rate our academy CB.

Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:44 am

Can we stop saying Wellington has a bad attitude he has had a very rough 2 years.
When we first purchased his we had to wait till he was 18 years old and was in Brazil for 6 more months before the deal was complete. During that time he went from a regular starter to not playing a competitive match for the 1st team or the reserves due to the manager being bitter about the transfer. He then came to us and Levante loaned him from January 2010 to July 2011 he made 2 sub appearances. In almost 2 years he played 2 matches...... I would be pretty pissed as well.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:52 am

1.Wojciech Szczesny
2.The Ox
3. Jack Wilshere
4.Frimpong
5.Ignasi Miquel
6.Niko Yennaris (tied w/ coquelin)
7.Aaron Ramsey
8.benik afobe
9.Carl Jenkinson
10.Ryo Miyaichi

I really do not see theo as a budding talent anymore since it seems that he really has stopped progressing any further.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:04 am

Ramsey also needs to improve his goal scoring the amount of times he has got into great scoring chances and shot it way over the bar he could be our 2nd highest scorer.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:42 am

I don't want to rank them all because I don't want to compare the guys lower on the list, who I still highly rate, to the guys at the top who are already valuable additions to the squad. IMO the top 3 are:
1. Jack
2. Szczesny
3. AOC
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:56 am

Are you seriously knocking on Walcott for being inconsistent and putting players who have HARDLY played ANY first team games ahead of him? LOL
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 am

I think Wilshere grabs the first place by far..
1. Wilshere
2. Alex
3. Sczeny
4. Coquelin
5. Jenkinson
6. Ramsey
7. Miyachi
8. Gibbs
9. Frimpong
10. Miquel...
Alex too will be a great player if he continues progressing like this.. But Wilshere rates higher as he has already proven at the highest level.. And we are lacking in the midfield now..
And its obvious that all rate Walcot lower because he is no more a youth.. We have been seeing him for long.. And he has improved but not as promised..
Thats the same matter with Ramsey but i think he will make the rise sooner than later..
I rate Jenkinson highly.. I hope he turns to be a great defender.. A regular RB who can fill in at CB too when needed..
Coquelin has shown great versatility.. Dynamic player who can play anywhere.. We need to keep him badly.. I pick him above Frimpong to play along with Song..
Frimpong is still some distance away from being a starter.. His defensive qualities are great.. But he needs to improve his skills to hold possession and make good passes..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:18 am

1. Wilshere
2. Szczesny
3. Walcott
4. Coquelin
5. Ramsey
6. Oxlade-Chamberlain
7. Frimpong
8. Miyaichi
9. Joel Campbell
10. Gibbs

I think I nailed it Cool
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:44 am

Ignasi Miquel is really underrated here.

He outplayed two senior CBs. Squi and Djouru.

Played a huge part this season as LB, dont forget that not every defender is as versatile as Miquel.

For current Arsenal standards, he is the best defender we have in youth ranks.

About Joel Campbell and Wellington.

Let them get a work permit first.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:53 pm

1. Shezzter
2. Walcter
3. Wilshere
4. AOC

Rest are undetermined.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:04 pm

quick question here

coquelin vs Nico for RB?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:26 pm

aleumdance wrote: quick question here

coquelin vs Nico for RB?

Coqulin is older, already played first team football on loan last year, you can tell as well by how strong he is compared to yennaris. For the moment definately coquelin, but tbh they are going to compete with each other for a midfield spot in the future not right back
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:41 pm

aleumdance wrote: quick question here

coquelin vs Nico for RB?

Coquelin for the time being because he offers more going forward, I'd rather see him get time in midfield than Yennaris get time at fullback, but it's a narrow choice.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Yennaris needs to prove himself first

Coquelin atm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Yennaris won't make it at Arsenal
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:45 pm

Yennaris is a midfielder naturally.

Whether he makes it or not...time will tell.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next