Peccadillo
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Gil
12 posters

Go down

Chamberlain? Empty Chamberlain?

Post by Gil Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:24 pm

How do you guys think his career will pan out? I personally believe he's an even bigger talent than Ramsey and Wilshere but no one actually knows what his best position is?

With Ozil and Cazorla at the club it seems his best position for now would be out wide but he's usually hit and miss in those positions. He'll either put in a WC performance or be completely invisible, never anything in between.

So in short how do you think Wenger will use him in the near future?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Chamberlain? Empty Re: Chamberlain?

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Left wing is easily his best position. I don't think he's ever had a 'decent' performance let alone a bad performance for Arsenal in that position. Aston Villa, Blackburn, Man Utd all home, Swansea away and on and on.

In that position he can use his best qualities: pace, strength, short passing and shooting from distance when he cuts in. His shooting especially is very underrated and can't be used a lot when he plays on the right or centre midfield.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 pm

As far as playing in midfield goes, I can only see Chamberlain playing as an attacking midfielder unless he does what Ramsey did and change his game so that he can play a box-to-box or deeper role.

He thinks centre midfield is his best position, but I'm with urban: the flanks are where his talents can be best utilised and I believe it's the one area of the team where we could actually fit him in. He can use his pace to go down the outside and get crosses in, he can come inside and join up with the other three midfielders to form that "box" and he'd be able to get into good scoring positions and use that powerful shot of his.

Where Wenger might use him, though, depends a lot on what happens with other players. He may see his future in the centre, but if he has Ramsey playing at his current level, Wilshere near his best form and a world class player in Özil, then that just wouldn't be possible. On the flanks, he'll have to weigh Chamberlain's talent against Gnabry's, who's equally, if not more so, talented, and Walcott's importance to the side.

It's actually possible that Chamberlain might not even get a consistent starting spot for a number of years yet, and could play the role versatile back-up/rotation during that time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:08 am

I see him as an inverted winger
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AG86 Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:33 am

Seems to be pretty comfortable on the wing, more so than Walcott did at that age it took him years to adapt. Wenger apparently sees Chambo as a central midfielder though one day so maybe we should just accept that he'll play there since Wenger seems to know what he's doing! For now though, whilst he's developing, I think he'll flourish as a winger with his pace and Özil/Cazorla providing the through balls, he can play left and Walcott on the right it could be brutal!
AG86
AG86
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:58 pm

I think his best position as mention above is the Left wing. He has had great games on the left but I think he can play on the right and behind a striker.

He is a beast and has a great shot, but with the current squad not sure how is going to get minutes.

Maybe a loan move would be great for him, where he can play every game?hmm 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:41 pm

with our system the LW is the spot for him. I think he would be murderous as an AM or SS. He has some goal scoring prowess that I think our system doesn't get the best out of
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:55 pm

He'll do well enough for a while, then get bullied by some German player before he's eventually replaced by some player named Churchill.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:13 pm

RedOranje wrote:He'll do well enough for a while, then get bullied by some German player before he's eventually replaced by some player named Churchill.
lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:21 pm

While i agree with the others about left wing being a very good position for him in the past, i don't think it's his best position. I have always said this and will still say that i see him as a CAM/Modern no 10.

His technique is very good, he is a really good passer but above all his finishing is good enough to get us 15 goals per season. His dribbling and pace from the middle can hurt oppositions in a way the likes of Kaka used to. I do see him as a Kaka.

But it's more than likely he will be at LW for a while with Ozil irreplaceable. He had a fantastic pre season and such a shame he got injured when he looked to have a breakthrough season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:30 pm

There is a lot of talk about him being a central midfielder/attacking midfielder in the future. Weird because since ive seen him play as a 16 year old at Southampton he has always played wide. Now im just wondering if hes going to be as much a midfielder as Walcott is a striker. Aside from the ac Milan game he has not looked natural when hes played in midfield, hasn't shown the required awareness or ability under pressure. His attributes: speed, control and shooting, can be used just as effectively on the left.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aussie_Gunner Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:01 pm

I think we are really lacking someone on the left, we have Podolski but I wouldn't say he is an out and out winger. I would play Ox there untill he develops his skills, maybe one day he can play in the center but for the time being, I think he is more effective on the wing.
Aussie_Gunner
Aussie_Gunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:09 pm

his best position would be as the extra wide midfielder at Arsenal.. as for now he can deputise Cazorla at LW or Walcott at RW.. we can use his pace in counters.. he needs to play wide occasionally and learn to make some crosses which he has done well occasionally.. and he can dribble cut in and shoot too from the wings.. he can surely do what Nasri or Benayoun did, surely in a better way..
i agree with Diego.. i didnt see anything special when he played centrally which he couldnt offer in the wings.. many a time he tries to dribble and loses the ball which puts the team under pressure.. he doesnt have the passing or vision and the defensive qualities of Ramsey or Wilshere to play centrally..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down