steve_smith
Doc
jibers
Harmonica
The Franchise
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guardiola's Barca vs Sacchi's Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: Guardiola's Barca vs Sacchi's Milan

Post by jibers Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:I agree the Capello team was just as good but Sacchi sort of reinvented the wheel so understandably he gets more credit.

The high pressing was something never seen before in Italy up untill that point.

Capellos team was better imho. I remmeebr sometimes I used to go to sleep watching them but THAT Team had the best conventional backline in I have ever seen. The thing is that Saachis Milan, no matter what you say about how STRONg series A was never really culd win the league and in 1990 they were fortunate to even be in the CL due to their win beforehand. Capello showed you could win both home and abroad. I for one don't consider Saachis MIlan to be in the upper echleons of the other great teams.

Teams such as Real Madrid of the 60s, Gutmanns Benfica, hereras Inter, CMichels Ajax and Bayern showed what a truly dominating team was all about. The problem with milan I feel is that their playing style contributed to their own eventually cycle ending. The rigourous discipline and mental concentration required to keep up the pressing was stupendous, even going back and rewatching some of the games you can see why, When they lost matches they usually lost to opponents exploiting their fatigue.

I just wish Lippis Juve beat Madrid and Dortmund, we could have been talking about them being the best team of all time, instead one of the worst Madrid sides I have ever seen agaisnt all odds triumphed :facepalm:

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Guardiola's Barca vs Sacchi's Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: Guardiola's Barca vs Sacchi's Milan

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:25 am

jibers wrote:Moot comparison. Both teams playing stylkes are influenced by the different rules in football. The changing in offside rule at the time allowed Saachis Milan Too squeeze opponents and possibly led to the death of the libero. Are you trying to convince people that Barcelona are better. What evidence can you use? Trophies? Players? I want to know.All I know is that when AC Milan played Napoli, they were able to zonally keep Maradona from doing anything so I have no doubt that they would have stopped Messi. Once again playing under those conditions AC MIlan would win, and their backline went on to form possibly the greatest backline in football.

I told you in another thread, but I will again: Offside rules haven't changed significantly since 1925!!!!!! In the 70's (before Sachi's Milan) there was another change but very minor, so minor that not even FIFA mentions it in his website!!! They changed that the attacking player had to be before the last second defender, to the attacking player had to be at least level with the last second defender. Only inches!

Review your facts please... and read replies to your posts so people doesn't have to retell basic facts.

http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/history/law/summary.html
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:04 am

Interesting thread, largely becos I dont know much about the Milan team.... so actually Capello took on after Sacchi and the team became even better and more dominant?

Im surprised to learn that they didnt win the league for so long, yet considered so highly Razz For me, if that team didnt win the league for a few years, its hard to consider them as great as it was perceived b4....

Im not going to give an opinion about vs Barca...but Barca have dominated domestic and Europe for 3 seasons.... did any of the Milan team do that?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2