Albiceleste
The Lizard King
CBarca
Sir Psycho
kiranr
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Go down

Why is Pinto the only Copa untouchable? Empty Why is Pinto the only Copa untouchable?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 pm

Why is Pinto the only player that has to play in the Copa yes or yes? Why don't Montoya, Thiago, Mascherano, Cuenca and other substitute players get the same treatment?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Why is Pinto the only Copa untouchable? Empty Re: Why is Pinto the only Copa untouchable?

Post by kiranr Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Because the other players can play the league matches too!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why is Pinto the only Copa untouchable? Empty Re: Why is Pinto the only Copa untouchable?

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:55 pm

Sign of respect?

idk..

But I believe in him.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:04 am

Montoya, Thiago, Cuenca and co. all are:

1. Young

2. Will have chances in the future as Kiranr said, to play many other times

Add to that, Pinto never gets to play. This is really his one and only time, cause Valdes sure as hell won't get injured.

Pinto gets in untouchable because he gets less minutes than everyone else anyway, and it might be respect because...he's stayed with Barca for a long time despite this. He loves Barca.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:13 am

Maybe because he looks so much like Rustu. With a face like that, he's bound to get playing time at one point or another...or he'll probably cut you with something sharp Razz

In all seriousness, it's a good move by Guardiola to show that we're undaunted...but I would generally prefer if he plays Pinto against minnows in the league and cups.

Pinto's ridiculously old, so I'm especially concerned about his reaction time ( THAT header..remember ? ) I'd like it if we had a young goalkeeper who could use such matches as grooming for the future. If mistakes were made, we can always attribute it to his youth/inexperience and look forward to development.

Rest assured, if we don't do as well in Madrid...I can hardly see Valdes sitting out the 2nd leg. So here's hoping Pinto plays the 2nd leg as well ! Very Happy
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:27 am

It's the only play time he will get unless Valdes receives an injury.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:19 am

Pretty much said already. He's already stated that he's the copa GK, and theres only 2 keepers on the team (when both are healthy anyways). Plus to even play him in the final last year given the opponent, he's really showing his faith in him by not pulling him out when he already made pinto the copa GK. He's keeping his word with pinto I think.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:29 am

From what I've heard Pep promised Pinto he will play all Copa matches.

He even said it in press "I'll keep my promise, I believe in Pinto, he is a good friend etc etc"
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 am

Because Guardiola is incoherent.

Bojan played all Cup games in 08/09 and he was Copa del Rey top scorer. Next season he almost dissappeared from the Cup and same in 10/11.

Why pinto gets a preferential treatment in the Cup compared to other bench players? No one knows.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:29 am

free_cat wrote:Because Guardiola is incoherent.

Bojan played all Cup games in 08/09 and he was Copa del Rey top scorer. Next season he almost dissappeared from the Cup and same in 10/11.

Why pinto gets a preferential treatment in the Cup compared to other bench players? No one knows.

I think by now its pretty obvious Pep gives some strange and seemingly unfair treatment to some players... Love Keita, Hate Bojan... Why Pep?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 am

Dont see the problem really. He never gets a chance in the league or CL, so its only fair.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Yes this issue is really getting to me... I do like Pinto alot (as a person...) but i mean, its not reasonable to play against Madrid in particular not using one of the best keepers in the world.. simply to give him some play time.

I would much rather him playing way more in La Liga then he does now, in the UCL group stage or after (as now) if the match is not as big or important as this case here "Classico"...

Seriously a brilliant defense and good central control + attackers tracking back, but all it takes for all this to crumble is "nonBRILLIANTkeeping". When the brilliance sits just outside watching.

There, i got it out.. now i can sleep better!
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

I believe in Guardiola....were most of the time Razz I used to rate Pinto, but hes prone to mistakes too, which Valdes used to do as well, but I think Valdes has improved much than Pinto, obviously from winning and playing... I guess Guardiola's philosophy is always give a chance to the back up players?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Well, Pinto was mainly at fault for the first goal. It was quite savable TBH. However, as it is very likely that we go through, no one will remember.

Guardiola is being unfair with how he treats Pinto when compared to other bench players, current or past.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down