mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
REWB
Swanhends
Gil
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Torres before he became a playmaker AM. Empty Torres before he became a playmaker AM.

Post by Gil Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:28 am

:bow:

Last edited by Gil on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Torres before he became a playmaker AM. Empty Re: Torres before he became a playmaker AM.

Post by Swanhends Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 am

How can you watch that without pulling out your own hair?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Torres before he became a playmaker AM. Empty Re: Torres before he became a playmaker AM.

Post by REWB Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 am

ohhh boy, those goals are just pure sex, every one of them. the goal scoring class is just insane, so much style

Last edited by RedEyesWhiteBeard on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:41 am; edited 2 times in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 am

Benitez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:38 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Benitez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

agreed, he really did know how to use torres, chelsea should hire benitez
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:41 am

Too bad for chelsea ahh
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:42 am

if only AVB could see this, torres doenst even get into these positions anymore in his system :facepalm:

:bow: rafa
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:43 am

bhends wrote:How can you watch that without pulling out your own hair?

Because I have (blind?) faith he can still return to that sort of form.

Play at a quicker tempo, sign a creative midfielder and I think we can see something close to that version of Torres again.

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:ohhh boy, those goals are just pure sex, every one of them.

The low amount of tap ins in that video is what's the most impressive. IMO he was the GOAT of strikers before that injury pre SAWC10.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:44 am

lol at this youtube comment

Chelsea didn't buy him to Score Goals... They bought him so that he would stop scoring against them!

Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:49 am

at 3.08 abramovich is sitting with guus at a chelsea game while Scolari is still the manager hmm

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:49 am

I know every single one of those goals by heart
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:51 am

Are Carroll and Torres actually average players who just had the whole system built around them to make them look good?

hmm

Come to think of it is Messi average ? hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:05 am

#25 vs Newcastle and #69 vs Sunderland were my favs

Kinda makes you sad to see what he is now but...I think he'll recover a good deal of his form sometime. He just will never recover THAT form ever again tbh. But who knows?

Last edited by CBarca on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:10 am

fatman123 wrote:at 3.08 abramovich is sitting with guus at a chelsea game while Scolari is still the manager hmm

'twas actually Wilkins that was manager. Scolari was sacked before that game.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:21 am

fatman123 wrote:if only AVB could see this, torres doenst even get into these positions anymore in his system :facepalm:

:bow: rafa

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Benitez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

agreed, he really did know how to use torres, chelsea should hire benitez

Yeah, lets blame the manager for his failures Rolling Eyes

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 am

well its the manager whose trying to amke torres into some sort of hybrid false 9/attacking mid when its pretty clear torres plays his best football when ehs playing off the shoulder of the CB
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:26 am

I have faith that he will return to his goal scoring form. As is the case with most players, certain systems suit them more than others. There are very few players in the world that can seamlessly slot into just about any team.

With that said, Torres as well as Carroll have been at our respective clubs for close to a year and have had nothing to show for it. But I'm sure Chelsea and Liverpool fans understand how they've not received the support they were used to.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:46 am

fatman123 wrote:well its the manager whose trying to amke torres into some sort of hybrid false 9/attacking mid when its pretty clear torres plays his best football when ehs playing off the shoulder of the CB

Yeah and he's been so effective at that hasn't he? I mean what has been his mighty goal count see his later days in Liverpool and the whole year he has been with us, where mostly he has played like he "should" be? No, not that good. Credit Villas-Boas for at least making good use of a still good player.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:57 am

I think the problem at Chelsea is space. Torres is the sort of striker that is deadly when given space to move but the way Chelsea press the opposition tends to deny enough space up front.

Under Benitez, Liverpool's 4-5-1 was sparse.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:03 am

Torres problem is mobility, its got nothing to do with system from what I see.

He doesnt move like he used to, thats for Chelsea, Spain, whoever. He isnt as fast as in that vid, thats for sure. But also, I wouldnt say lazy, but he doesnt make nearly as many runs as he used to.

Blaming ABV, Chelsea's system and all these other things are a cover up to me.

Everyone in La Liga said, Torres needs to really work on his first touch and other aspects of his game, because when he loses his speed he is going to struggle. 6-7 years later (sooner than expected) here we are.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:07 am

He was such a great player at Liverpool, such class when finishing and rounding the keeper. :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:14 am

The Franchise wrote:Torres problem is mobility, its got nothing to do with system from what I see.

He doesnt move like he used to, thats for Chelsea, Spain, whoever. He isnt as fast as in that vid, thats for sure. But also, I wouldnt say lazy, but he doesnt make nearly as many runs as he used to.

Everyone in La Liga said, Torres needs to really work on his first touch and other aspects of his game, because when he loses his speed he is going to struggle. 6-7 years later (sooner than expected) here we are.

Comepletely agree, Torres has lost his speed and without it all of his flaws are obvious.

I would Pay 50m for the Torres of 08/09 but this Torres is not the same, unless he works out how to get his speed back he won't be the same.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballFan92 Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:20 am

Torres had done both knees and hamstrings, you may be deemed fit to play but you never recover from it, you don't quite get back that killer pace and that's what torres had. his acceleration to get past a defender was ridiculous before injury.
you just have to look at michael owen.
FootballFan92
FootballFan92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:40 am

The Franchise wrote:Torres problem is mobility, its got nothing to do with system from what I see.

You are one of the most knowledgeable posters here Thumbs up

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:46 am

Thank you kindly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum