ÖMARz
guest7
Onyx
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A playmaker at CM Empty A playmaker at CM

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Lass and Khedira aren't playmakers. It's quite evident. We always lack in that central area because of it.

We need a playmaker there, not a B2B or DM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

A playmaker at CM Empty Re: A playmaker at CM

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:54 pm

A playmaker at CM 38398
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:09 pm

I definitely wouldnt mind modric.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:27 pm

I wouldn't mind Banega :=)

though we just gotta wait for Sahin :/
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:28 pm

I wouldn't mind Banega either, since he is a madrista, but he lacks consistency. WC class without a doubt though.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Sahin is the answer although if Mou would let Khedira play like he did in Germany he also could provide some. Definitely not lass nor Coentrao. We also need to play Ozil a little more back and coordinate with Alonso & Sahin. Other problems are more passes (than dribbling) from wingers AND Benz has to put the open net shots in.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:21 pm

i think against Levante we were completely dominant for 40 mins that Khedira played
he needs to be a fixture in the line-up and not do stupid things
he is a vital cog and shouldnt be replaced until Sahin comes back
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Alonso is playing so far back its puzzling. He could be very creative if he wants to, maybe hes going through bad form. Anyway, we have Sahin, but he is injured. So Khedira is the natural solution, and playing Ozil deeper. Maybe we can even try Granero...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Granero's a bit too slow on the ball.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:08 pm

I would personally move Özil to CM. His style is quite similar to Iniesta so I don't see any reasons why he couldn't play there. Sahin should play next to him in Xavi role. Alonso would sit in front of defense (due to his speed) in the same role that he is doing now, spraying long passes and disrupting opponents attacks. And the point of this post is not to copy Barca's style or say we should play excatly like them. I was just comparing players styles.

Imho, Khedira doesn't bring anything so valuable that he should be guaranteed a starting position. Him, Coentrao and Granero should be the extra legs we sub in at the end of the games. Also, Alonso don't have proper backup which is why I would had kept Gago, but Lass has to do until January.

Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:10 pm

I dont think Mourinho is good enough of a coach to transform Ozil into a CM, just my 2 cents
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Ozil at CM is a waste though. For one, he doesn't have the needed defensive positioning or the stamina to play the spot right now. Second, his offensive style is geared towards handling tight windows and making short to middle-range passes. He would need to add the long passes to his arsenal. Finally, he doesn't have the movements of a CM offensively... you need to keep moving towards the ball holder and offering passing lanes to yourself; that's not his style.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

isnt ozil dropping deep the preview of him at cm? i dont think he will do good at cm...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:14 pm

It's not like Ozil scores 30 goals higher up the pitch though. We should keep our passing short possession wise.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:19 pm

mtfootball wrote:It's not like Ozil scores 30 goals higher up the pitch though. We should keep our passing short possession wise.

No, but he creates all the space with his quick passing and distribution. Right now, only Benz is trying to pass in the final 1/3 without Ozil there. CR7 is in his own world right now and Di Maria couldn't hit a parked bus with nothing in front of him, let alone try to be intricate amongst defenders. Ozil being moved low is the biggest reason we struggle offensively right now (in combo with Di Maria's shatiness)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ozil at CM is a waste though. For one, he doesn't have the needed defensive positioning or the stamina to play the spot right now. Second, his offensive style is geared towards handling tight windows and making short to middle-range passes. He would need to add the long passes to his arsenal. Finally, he doesn't have the movements of a CM offensively... you need to keep moving towards the ball holder and offering passing lanes to yourself; that's not his style.

It's a matter of coaching, if you ask me, he is smart enough to adapt to a deeper role and make use of his passing for the distribution in general. But like everything, you need to work on it.

The manager needs to drill the position in the player, im asking myself if mourinho is the kind to do it, but i dont think he is.

Reminds me of Diego for example, earlier in the summer, AS had infos about Manzano trying to sign him and planning to move into a 433 with Diego as the most advanced CM. By all accounts, Diego is an enganche who likes to stick behind the striker and playmake. He failed to adapt to change in Juventus, and was deemed unnecessary. Well, i watched few of Diego games so far, and he is displaying a very good aptitude at coming deep and picking up the ball, getting the ball moving and etc, while still making forward runs at the entrance of the box to look for a shooting opportunity or to make the final pass. It's working. Why? Manzano is making it happen. Sure he is going to be tested in big games and he is far from mastering the position but i am just trying to highlight that coaching is a huge part of it.

When i say that i have a feeling the team lacks direction, it's because sometimes, you see Ozil coming deep, another time he is way too high, and looks lost even. Well, he can be criticized for being poor, but we can also put the blame on the coach for the lack of directions.

Mou is simply not a purist, and it's showing.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Alonso and Sahin, what more could you want?

Seriously, try playing with our midfield. The most creative ones are Lampard and McEachran. And neither of them are anything compared to what you guys have.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:26 pm

I think many of you are thinking too narrowly when we talk about Özil and CM. Him and Sahin at CM would mean that there would a lot of forward runs from both of them. Those runs would create some unpredictability to our style instead of having Özil in that same space all the time. And while one runs forward other one is there to make through pass. Back in the days Guti was also good at making those runs and through passes. Nowadays Barca does those kind of passes all the time and they cause a lot of havoc with them.
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:
mtfootball wrote:It's not like Ozil scores 30 goals higher up the pitch though. We should keep our passing short possession wise.

No, but he creates all the space with his quick passing and distribution. Right now, only Benz is trying to pass in the final 1/3 without Ozil there. CR7 is in his own world right now and Di Maria couldn't hit a parked bus with nothing in front of him, let alone try to be intricate amongst defenders. Ozil being moved low is the biggest reason we struggle offensively right now (in combo with Di Maria's shatiness)

When we're attacking he'll still be where he is right now. Except he will have Sahin near him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:28 pm

kick mars wrote:Alonso and Sahin, what more could you want?

Seriously, try playing with our midfield. The most creative ones are Lampard and McEachran. And neither of them are anything compared to what you guys have.

Meireles isn't bad. Plus you can go for Modric in January or next Summer.

EPL doesn't really rely on technical ability as much as La liga does.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:35 pm

mtfootball wrote:
kick mars wrote:Alonso and Sahin, what more could you want?

Meireles isn't bad. Plus you can go for Modric in January or next Summer.

EPL doesn't really rely on technical ability as much as La liga does.

Meireles has done well but he is by no means a creator.

We won't go for Modric, he is not needed anymore.

And you guys are calling for Modric and Benega, when Sahin returns, who goes to the bench? You will end up with 2 playmakers sitting on the bench, Coentrao all over again.

It's just a massive :facepalm: waiting to happen, chill out and be patient you guys DO NOT need anymore players.
:facepalm:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:44 pm

The difference with Diego is he always had the ability to be a CM imo just he should be the most attacking out of the CMs. Not saying that Ozil can't do it but he is already a good player where he is.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I dont think Mourinho is good enough of a coach to transform Ozil into a CM, just my 2 cents

Agree 100%. Issue is Mou can't coach nor make any offensive schemes. He brillant when it comes to defensive tactics (and probably motivation), but he should let an assistant work out offensive tactics. You know my 2 cents, the CM they need has been sent to Valencia. Let's just hope we get Sahin playing soon enough before the whole season is blown.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:04 pm

IMO its natural and necessary that Ozil moves deeper. Not a proper CM, but deeper to help the midfield. We cant have four forwards. IMO an Alonso-Sahin-Ozil mid would be simply the best for us, if we can make it work. With Granero, Kaka, Lass, Coentrao backing it up. We have yet to see if such a thing is possible, but I hope for it.

Our tactics need tweaking. It is really time for Mou to step up, a crucial time. Our season and his legacy are on the line here.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:05 pm

@Magricos, What makes you say that Diego always had that ability?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next