REWB
Mamad
EarlyPrototype
punkfusion1992
Highburied
103 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 15 Empty Re: Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Already made a bet with Sep on Sahin not coming to Liverpool. This transfer saga has already stretched beyond its tolerable elasticity. It needs to end otherwise we have some more aggravating than the Fabregas Saga.

He will stay at Madrid.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 15 Empty Re: Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Legend wrote:Liverpool supposedly playing £5m loan fee and £14m permanent fee on top of 100k wage.

Not worth it for Arsenal

According to the same Arsenal ITK's who said he is having a photo-shoot with Arsenal today

Laughing Laughing

There is no buy option. We are paying him 80K/ week according to Barrett

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Legend wrote:Liverpool supposedly playing £5m loan fee and £14m permanent fee on top of 100k wage.

Not worth it for Arsenal

Struggling for Cash Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 15 Yao Restricted by the Budget Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 15 Yao Another midfielder when need a striker Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 15 Yao Trying to cut down the wage bill Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 15 Yao

100% possession and 0 goals Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 15 Yao

No more Adam/Spearing in midfield :bow: :bow: :bow:

Gerrard as impact sub :bow:

Oussama the next CR :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:14 am

If u think gerrard will b a sub then prepare for the incoming lulz Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:20 am

I had been calling for this move for weeks now, this is the best option for all the parties involved, Sahin would get a lot of game time and probably toughen up as well at Liverpool under a manager who is a personal friend of Mourinho. Arsenal wanted a buy option and Madrid simply refused to budge.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:33 am

Since when did Brendan Rodgers become a "personal friend" of Mourinho's? Did i miss something?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:40 am

Lex wrote:Since when did Brendan Rodgers become a "personal friend" of Mourinho's? Did i miss something?

He was in charge of the Chelsea reserves when Mou was there and became very good friends as a result.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:05 am

Lex wrote:Since when did Brendan Rodgers become a "personal friend" of Mourinho's? Did i miss something?

They are very good friends, as Crimson said, Rogers once said that Mourinho was one of the first people to send him a text congratulating him on winning promotion for Swansea. They are on very good terms unlike Mourinho's relationship with le voyeur Very Happy
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 am

HAHAHAHAAHAHHA god please I hope it becomes official soon. Don't want to be trolled for the third time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 am

kind of bummed about this but Liverpool need him more than we do.

fantastic player
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:41 am

IF this happens... Did I say IF?
-------Lucas
----Allen---Sahin
Gerrard-------Borrini
-------Suarez

...It's better than playing Joe Cole.

I won't lie, I wouldn't mind seeing this
-----Lucas
--Allen---Sahin
-----Gerrard
Suarez-----Borini

With Gerrard playing more as a forward than an advanced midfielder.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:43 am

donttreadonred wrote:IF this happens... Did I say IF?
-------Lucas
----Allen---Sahin
Gerrard-------Borrini
-------Suarez

Gerrard on the wing? Suspect

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:45 am

I know Gerrard's Mr Liverpool etc etc, but aren't Allen and Sahin better at the task that they'll be asked to do?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 am

srigooner wrote:
-------Lucas
----Allen---Sahin
Gerrard-------Borrini
-------Suarez

Gerrard on the wing? Suspect

Gerrard's second best season ever (both in performance and statistics) came from a RW position.

That said, it's not a winger role, but rather would be a free-roaming right forward, swapping positions with both Suarez and Borini with some regularity. Johnson would then provide the majority of the width on that side. It wouldn't, at it's essence, be terribly different from the role he played during the 08/09 season, except that he'd start in a different position and wouldn't be asked to drop as deep to pick up possession.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:58 am

-------Lucas
----Allen---Sahin
Gerrard-------Borrini
-------Suarez

-----Lucas
--Allen---Sahin
-----Gerrard
Suarez-----Borini

Donttreadyreddy we've missed your presence in the pool section. Haven't seen you post there in a while. Come back to us mate, our season is saved, Sahin has come :bow:

And would love to see both of those formations at play. We still need a ST though!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:00 am

Gerrard looked a pale shadow of his former self against West Brom, he's lost a lot of his physicality through injuries and aging. I still think Rodgers would start with the Lucas, Allen, Gerrard midfield but as the season progresses Gerrard may be replaced by Sahin. I don't think Gerrard can play RW in Rodger's 4-3-3.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
-------Lucas
----Allen---Sahin
Gerrard-------Borrini
-------Suarez

-----Lucas
--Allen---Sahin
-----Gerrard
Suarez-----Borini

Donttreadyreddy we've missed your presence in the pool section. Haven't seen you post there in a while. Come back to us mate, our season is saved, Sahin has come :bow:

And would love to see both of those formations at play. We still need a ST though!!

He's not a Liverpool player yet, mate. You'd think this transfer saga would teach people not to make rash statements...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 am

buddytaller wrote:Gerrard looked a pale shadow of his former self against West Brom, he's lost a lot of his physicality through injuries and aging. I still think Rodgers would start with the Lucas, Allen, Gerrard midfield but as the season progresses Gerrard may be replaced by Sahin. I don't think Gerrard can play RW in Rodger's 4-3-3.

Good to see we're not making snap judgements off of one game where the entire side played poorly, or anything. And again, it's not a RW position, why is that so hard to grasp?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:07 am

So you guys are telling me that paying 5million on loan, 14 million for permanent deal and 100k p/w on Sahin is a good move by Liverpool, considering that you have more need for a forward?

I know Mole was trolling a bit, but I see a valid reason in his earlier post.

Not saying this because I want Sahin. Ofcourse it would be nice to see hi msign for us, given his quality - and you can say the same as well. Thats not the point, I want to understand how you see yourself benefitting by signing him - from a squad as well as tactics pov.

Btw, that midfield diamond strategy works when the 2 'CM's play a bit wider apart to avoid crowding in the middle of the pitch and exposing the flanks. The FBs would have too much work then, and I am not sure Liverpool have the best FBs in the league to do that the entire season. And its not a popular formation with possession football philosophies either - makes me want to doubt it more.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:13 am

srigooner wrote:So you guys are telling me that paying 5million on loan, 14 million for permanent deal and 100k p/w on Sahin is a good move by Liverpool, considering that you have more need for a forward?

I know Mole was trolling a bit, but I see a valid reason in his earlier post.

Not saying this because I want Sahin. Ofcourse it would be nice to see hi msign for us, given his quality - and you can say the same as well. Thats not the point, I want to understand how you see yourself benefitting by signing him - from a squad as well as tactics pov.

Btw, that midfield diamond strategy works when the 2 'CM's play a bit wider apart to avoid crowding in the middle of the pitch and exposing the flanks. The FBs would have too much work then, and I am not sure Liverpool have the best FBs in the league to do that the entire season. And its not a popular formation with possession football philosophies either - makes me want to doubt it more.

Please :facepalm: people keep saying we have plenty of players in midfield and whatnot. Spearing and Adam suck a$$, they wouldn't make the bench for teams fighting for relegation. Henderson hasn't done $hit to justify himself as a Liverpool player, other than being young and having potential. Shelvey barely turned 20 and his game is way too inconsistent at the moment. We have only 3 midfielders that are good enough for this season to help fight for top 4. Sahin is needed just as badly as a striker.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:18 am

I want Liverpool to get Sahin, but the thing is Sahin and Allen aren't B2B type players for a 4-3-3. E.g Barca play a 4-3-3, however they have Iniesta who can go B2B with his dribbling, passing etc. I'm not sure Allen or Sahin can do that.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:37 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Please :facepalm: people keep saying we have plenty of players in midfield and whatnot. Spearing and Adam suck a$$, they wouldn't make the bench for teams fighting for relegation. Henderson hasn't done $hit to justify himself as a Liverpool player, other than being young and having potential. Shelvey barely turned 20 and his game is way too inconsistent at the moment. We have only 3 midfielders that are good enough for this season to help fight for top 4. Sahin is needed just as badly as a striker.

No need for that facepalm. If I had to facepalm every time a Liverpool fan made a poorly informed comment about Arsenal, I would have to peel my face off some wall. I already said I want to understand your need better, and there is a more civil way to address that.

As I mentioned, Mole made a logical point about you guys having high wages, low cash and trying to restructure to reduce your wage bill. This has been well publicized this summer. Also well publicized is your need for a quality striker.

With a little over a week left in the summer, are you actively following any strikers? If you are, then good for you. I haven't seen any links on that front. Only thing I have seen is you guys trying to move on Andy Caroll, after so many Liverpool fans gave me lectures about how good he is for you when you signed him. If anything, moving him on leaves you in a worse situation in forward position - in terms of numbers.

I already said this. No matter how many players you have in midfield, there are probably only a handful of teams who Sahin wouldn't improve. Unfortunately, both Arsenal and Liverpool midfields come in the overwhelming majority outside that handful and arguably, Liverpool may benefit more from him than we would.

Again, my point is not why you are signing him. My point is, is all your attention to this one deal justified when there are other, arguably more pressing issues, that you need to address.

I ask because I would rather see Liverpool than cash bags or spuds in contention at the top, because I have more respect for your club. Feel free to facepalm more, if that is not the case.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:41 am

And please. Don't kid me by saying Liverpool is okay with having midfield numbers and insufficient proven/mature/experienced forwards for the entire season. 4-6-0 won't work with Liverpool no matter how much possession football you play because this is Liverpool not Spain, BR is not VDB and EPL is not Euros.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:50 am

srigooner wrote:So you guys are telling me that paying 5million on loan, 14 million for permanent deal and 100k p/w on Sahin is a good move by Liverpool, considering that you have more need for a forward?

I think they key here is "for Liverpool".. When you consider that they paid 15mil for Allen amongst another long list of over-priced british flops, its a great deal for them Laughing

Seriously though I think Allen coule become a decent B2B player.. I think there are options there for Rodgers, Sahin wouldn't be surplus to requirements given the gap between starting midefielders and Adam and Spearing.. Also Sahin can be deployed in a full-back position if needed. Versatility never hurts.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:57 am

All those who say we already have a lot of midfield players should just see how our team fell apart last season after Lucas' injury.

Our FA Cup final Starting midfield was Spearing-Henderson....say no more.

Gerrard can no longer effectively play as B2B, so we needed another b2b midfield other than Allen (who's been very impressive so far 96% passing rate :bow:).

You win and lose games in midfield.

ps. I am still 100% sure we'll sign Dempsey. And another striker if Carroll is sold to Newcastle last minute.

I am very confident in Rodgers with transfers, he's been very shrewd so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:57 am

I have never understood why football fans (of any/all clubs) will criticise their current players to justify a potential signing. It's baffling, honestly.

The reality of the matter is that we have a very young midfield, really, and despite the supposed depth, one lacking in serious quality throughout. The starting three (Lucas, Allen, Gerrard) are all very good and probably CL quality, but beyond that it's a different story. Henderson has the potential and is currently a solid option but his confidence is still rather lacking and he needs time to grow into the club (still), Adam just doesn't particularly fit the system regardless of whether he's of the quality needed for this level, Spearing is a decent back-up option but as we saw last season not good enough to start regularly, and Shelvey is still very very young and raw. Gerrard, given his age and previous two seasons, cannot realistically be considered a reliable starter for 60 plus matches while Lucas is also just returning from a massive injury. Having another midfielder who can rotate or start as needed without there being a drop in quality is a no-brainer in this situation. If Gerrard is injured again Sahin can come in directly for him and if Lucas is injured or needs to be protected Sahin can sit beside Allen sharing the extra defensive workload. Beyond that, with the EL, two cups, and League there will be plenty of games for Sahin to rotate with the three starters and Henderson.

The use of wages as an argument for outlay also seems a bit odd to me. yes, we've moved to drastically cut wages this summer and last, but that was wages spent on aging or poor players (Maxi, Kuyt, Bellamy in the former category; Jova and others in the latter). Sahin is neither of those. Beyond that, we are still looking for another forward/wide player to sign, so the funds are still available. The chase for such a player has been on-going since well before the Sahin saga started. The funds for said player have, by nearly all accounts, always been there as we chased Dempsey/Sturridge/everyotherattackerinthemarket so I don't understand why people suddenly think that a loan deal would stop this.

So much of these arguments are based on nothing but speculation and faulty/made up information from reports or other posters. It's both baffling and frustrating to see generally good posters get sucked into the same old pitfalls in logic and reasoning, while others intentionally spin and troll when they know it's against forum rules.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next