REWB
Mamad
EarlyPrototype
punkfusion1992
Highburied
103 posters

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:58 am

Schweini wrote:Daily mail saying the deal has stalled.

a Liverpool ITK says, Liverpool have made an attempt to hijack Arsenal's hijack, which originally hijacked the deal from LFC on thursday, when Liverpool had once hijacked it from AFC on wednesday.

wtf Very Happy

WTF did i just read.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18 - Page 9 Empty Re: Nuri Sahin - Borussia Dortmund #18

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:59 am

Why does Liverpool deserve him more or Arsenal deserve more lol?

No one deserves anything Laughing that just sounds stupid.

Who ever gets the player gets the player but no one is entitled to anything.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 am

Liverpool fans deserve everything :coffee:

3-0 down first game of the season away Cheering as loud as ever. For a set of fans that should be spoilt brats and demand success, it just amazes me at the end of the day.Every player should get the chance to play for them, if I had the choice, I know I would.

YNWA.

Plus I think it would be better for him as a player anyway , Rodgers seems like someone he can adapt to, I have more trust in Liverpools medical team, and most of all Liverpool is in no position to demand a buy out clause.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 am

Le Samourai wrote:Liverpool fans deserve everything.

3-0 down first game of the season away Cheering as loud as ever.

YNWA.

This is why Liverpool are hated so much in England, the sense of entitlement that they believe they are entitled to everything because they are " Liverpool" is :facepalm: at the very least.

They are the English Real Madrid in that way.

I hate sense of entitlement in any form, no one is entitled to anything, you have to earn what you get be it trophy's or a new signing.

I don't care who you are no one is entitled to anything.

Oh and BTW plenty of fans at so called "lesser" clubs do that too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 am

^ Read the rest of my post. That's what impresses me, it's the distinction between their fans and Real Madrid fans, I know Real Madrid fans and they are spoilt pigs who will leap at any oppurtuinty to rip their players apart, the fact that Liverpool fans who should have similar demands from their players would support them through anything impresses me.

Forget anything I said about deserving anything, I would like for him to go there for my own personal reasons and I think it would be a great experience for him.

BTW I didn't say Liverpool deserves anything at all, I said their fans do, it's a subtle but important distinction.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:16 am

Fair enough, i take back what i said i just hate seeing things like we deserve this and deserve that.

I accept your reasons :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:23 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Fair enough, i take back what i said i just hate seeing things like we deserve this and deserve that.

I accept your reasons :coffee:
I actually agree. I can't stand seeing statements about how fans deserve something.

The fans deserve one thing: to see their club do everything within reason to achieve success. That includes spending money on transfers, but only when it's available and financially responsible; players giving their all on the pitch, earning the support the fans regularly give them; and management making decisions with the best interest of the club in mind.

As Liverpool supporters, we've seen some amazing footballing moments, and we enjoy a history as rich and laced with silverware as nearly any other club in the world. Do we, therefore, deserve anything more than what was stated above? Absolutely not.

Btw, I'm really not railing on you, Le Samourai. I'm ranting on a sense of fan's entitlement regarding club success. I know what you are trying to say, and I get it. The support at WBA was a prime example of why players do come to LFC. Its really just teh word deserve that set me off. It wasn't actually your comment.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:12 am

Liverpool deserve a wooping from Bayern Munich, yeah ! That's what they deserve if you ask me Smile
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 am

The Messiah wrote:Liverpool deserve a wooping from Bayern Munich, yeah ! That's what they deserve if you ask me Smile

you deserve to get laid....

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:58 am

Schweini wrote:
The Messiah wrote:Liverpool deserve a wooping from Bayern Munich, yeah ! That's what they deserve if you ask me Smile

You don't wanna go down there, trust
Me.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:59 am

The Messiah wrote:
Schweini wrote:

You don't wanna go down there, trust
Me.
No one said with me.

I am not interested.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:03 am

I have no idea what Sepi said but I can only assume it's a rebuttal to either Messiah, Mole, or both.

In any case, let's get this thread back on topic, please.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:05 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Why does Liverpool deserve him more or Arsenal deserve more lol?

No one deserves anything Laughing that just sounds stupid.

Who ever gets the player gets the player but no one is entitled to anything.

Mou doesn't like arsene, Sahin wants arsenal while mou wants liverpool. Problem is liverpool = no CL. I have never been the biggest fan of mou, although I don't hate the guy since he got us out of some crappy times. But this is pushing it
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 am

The deal is only stalling because Mourinho wants Sahin to go on loan and not to be sold. Arsenal want to a clause to buy Sahin for £8m at the end of his loan and probably sell him for profit later on. That is where the disagreement lies.

Sahin obviously prefers Arsenal but Madrid are not willing to lose him permanently.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:01 am

buddytaller wrote:The deal is only stalling because Mourinho wants Sahin to go on loan and not to be sold. Arsenal want to a clause to buy Sahin for £8m at the end of his loan and probably sell him for profit later on. That is where the disagreement lies.

Sahin obviously prefers Arsenal but Madrid are not willing to lose him permanently.

How is that relevant?

1. There is no rule that Arsenal wants to sell its players (unless they behave like massive jerks). No team wants to sell players just for the money. Yes, Arsenal has trouble keeping hold of the players right now, because we aren't in a situation where we can compete on the same financial terms with richer clubs, yet - we will get there as our stadium debts are paid off and our commercial revenues grow.
2. When a player wants to leave and behaves disrepctfully to the club/manager/management/fans, we see no reason to lick up the player or his agent to keep them here. You don't respect us, gtfo. (except probably Fabregas, every other departure in the last two years has done so with a substantial increase in the pay packet - clearly 'trophy' or 'ambition' is not the entire deal).
3. Given our financial model of sustaining ourself and not depending on sugar daddies, I see no reason why we should sell at a good value when further continuation of the player contract is not a tenable option. If you are forced to sell, might as well do it for the best sum you can get.

The only reason I have brought this us is because I see no reason why it has anything at all to do with the deal, or this thread. I would be more than happy to hear if you have a relevant explanation for that jab.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:05 am

Apparently, Arsenal have been the 3rd richest team in Europe for the past 3 years. Money isn't an issue. Trust me...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:14 am

The Sanchez wrote:Apparently, Arsenal have been the 3rd richest team in Europe for the past 3 years. Money isn't an issue. Trust me...

Numbers can be very very funny, my friend. Give me your source, and we can talk on this.

Yes we generate revenues enough to be in the Top5 (iirc) of the Football money league - but we also have high expenses in terms of wages (:facepalm:) and a steady outflow of cash to repay our stadium debts. Our revenues are largely based on ticket incomes, and commercially, we have not maximized our potential fully due to low paying long term deals signed to frontload our stadium building funds. Oh and the sale of the players acting like jerks and the RoI on the property we developed has also added to that revenue in the last couple of years.

Oh and we have two mega gazillionaire owners in Stan Kroenke (with his wife owning Walmart) and the minority shareholder Uzbek gazillionaire - but we don't want to use their money to finance us, because we believe in making the money we want to spend.

EDIT: Sorry for a second off-topic post. Please feel free to create a new thread or take this to the Arsenal section - easier to find me there.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 am

Arsenal has precedence of selling her big players for so many reasons eg. last year of contract (not willing to sign new contract), players wanting higher wages or simply for profit as was the case of Song.

From an economic point of view it makes no sense for Madrid to sell a player who has 4 years on his contract for cheap and see him sold for 3 times the price or more in future. It seems insulting to the intelligence of Madrid.

But that is even besides the point, Madrid wants Sahin to get quality playing time and return after a season, which I doubt he'd get at Arsenal anyway. I'd much rather he goes on loan to Liverpool, but it seems he prefers to play in the Champions League.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:29 am

buddytaller wrote:Arsenal has precedence of selling her big players for so many reasons eg. last year of contract (not willing to sign new contract), players wanting higher wages or simply for profit as was the case of Song.

From an economic point of view it makes no sense for Madrid to sell a player who has 4 years on his contract for cheap and see him sold for 3 times the price or more in future. It seems insulting to the intelligence of Madrid.

But that is even besides the point, Madrid wants Sahin to get quality playing time and return after a season, which I doubt he'd get at Arsenal anyway. I'd much rather he goes on loan to Liverpool, but it seems he prefers to play in the Champions League.

1. You are clearly misinformed on Song. We sold him because he wanted to leave. He wanted better pay for being more creative, while he had 3 years left on the contract. He was neglecting his job as a DM which has seen us ship 170 goals in the 3 seasons that he was our primary DM. His agent wanted to initiate contract talks since January. We had more pressing issues, like Theo and RvP and new signings/replacements to deal with this summer than worry about a player who had 3 years on his contract. Then Barca came along and he wanted to leave. If you can't be patient and want to jump ship, go right ahead. Obviously, after taking him from a shit-kicking level to develop him into a well rated player, we deserve to get the right value for him? You expect us to sell him for 1.5 million because we paid 400k pounds for him? The point is, he wasn't sold for the money. There were reasons why we were happy to let him go, and we got a decent price on him.

2. If Madrid are so intelligent, they can insist on a sell-on clause, assuming we do sell him in the future, assuming we sign him now, assuming he comes with a purchase option.

3. Why wouldn't he get quality playing time at Arsenal? He isn't good enough to be one of the three in our midfield? Well in that case, we don't want him either. Simple as that mate. Madrid clearly are overloaded, while we have injuries to key personnel - they will need time to recover and then more time to regain their fitness and form. He would easily get enough time, atleast till February, as long as he is good enough. And knowing our luck, we would have more injuries and more need for rotation anyway.

In the worst case, we will use him as a LB to rotate with Gibbs and play Santos on the wing - anyway that would be inspired by the Special One's ideas for him, don't you think? (this is the part where I am sarcastic, to those who didn't get it.)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 am

If AS is to believed it's official Sahin to Arsenal: http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/agente-sahin-sello-cesion-arsenal/20120821dasdaiftb_15/Tes

It's not known if there's a buy-out clause but deal was completed yesterday and today Sahin will do his medical.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 am

urbaNRoots wrote:If AS is to believed it's official Sahin to Arsenal: http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/agente-sahin-sello-cesion-arsenal/20120821dasdaiftb_15/Tes

It's not known if there's a buy-out clause but deal was completed yesterday and today Sahin will do his medical.

Don't want to get my hopes up. AS hasn't been the most reliable now, has it? For that matter, after the last two years, I don't take ANY Spanish paper seriously - more so the ones in Catalunya! Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:50 am

Arsenal and their Transfers Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Sahin is definitely good enough to start in Arsenal's midfield imo. In fact he's good enough to start in Real Madrid's midfield.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 pm

mtfootball wrote:Sahin is definitely good enough to start in Arsenal's midfield imo. In fact he's good enough to start in Real Madrid's midfield.

Weel Mourniho disagrees. Safe to say he has more of a clue about Sahin than you.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Suspect

Mou at one point played Carvalho over Varane, despite him not playing a single game for us during a whole half season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:40 pm

halamadrid2 wrote: Suspect

Mou at one point played Carvalho over Varane, despite him not playing a single game for us during a whole half season

And? Carvalho is an experienced cl winning cb. Varane is an unproven and overhyped 19 year old. Goi figure. Seriously, all of you acting like you are there in training. If you are all so much better than Mou go and apply to be managers. FML
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next