The Franchise
dmize
Raptorgunner
Chad
Le Samourai
22 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 6 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Chad Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:18 am

Brandon Knight is better.

Doesn't miss a game winning bunny.

Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 6 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:24 am

Yea I found it really strange that 7 teams just went ahead and decided to pass on a John Calipari PG who was told to declare for the draft by john Calipari himself.

Very strange.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:35 am

Raptors should have picked him.

Mike Brown should play Darius Morris...
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:09 am

Kobe is playing MVP ball these days.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:10 am

Maybe.

Tell me what you think about this.

here really isn't anything I can say about Kobe Bryant that hasn't already been said thirty or forty thousand times already. He's a player that's been in the league for 16 seasons, all of them in the league's 2nd-largest market, and he's achieved an inordinate amount of success - both individually and as a member of championship-level teams.

I'm really not in a position to criticize Kobe Bryant. He's capable of doing things on a basketball court that I never could, and clearly has a level of talent and skill that proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that his success isn't some wild coincidence.

That being said, so far this season, I have to say, Kobe, you're doing it wrong.

Through nine games this season, Kobe is averaging 23.3 field goal attempts per 36 minutes. That's the second-highest rate of his entire career, only surpassed by his 23.9 shots per 36 that he posted in 2006, the year he had carte blanche to shoot until his arms fell off. He's also posting a career high in USG% (Usage Rate - the percentage of possessions where Kobe is the statistical player of consequence - in layman's terms, the percentage of Lakers possessions that Kobe either shoots, gets fouled, or commits a turnover). This normally wouldn't be a problem, if not for a few factors that are very different about this season compared to previous seasons.

First, there's his wrist injury. He has a torn lunotriquetral ligament in his right wrist. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds bad. And it's not just an injury that can be shaken off. It's clearly affecting him somewhat - he's shooting a career-low 20% from three (just 8-for-40), and his True Shooting % of 52.1% is also a career low. Perhaps the best example came in Thursday's loss against Portland, when he opened the game shooting 8-for-11, but landed awkwardly on his wrist in the third quarter, and finished the game on a 5-for-13 stretch.

He's also shooting from less efficient spots on the floor. His three-point attempts are up, but his percentage is way down, and he's taking 7.3 shots from 16-23 feet (the least efficient range of any shot), which is his highest rate since 2007. By any measurement, he is having his least efficient year scoring-wise of his entire career.

In the midst of all this, both Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum are enjoying their most efficient scoring years ever. Gasol is sporting a 61% TS% (2nd-highest of his career) and a 57.3% eFG% (career high). Despite that, he's averaging a career LOW in field goal attempts and free throw attempts. Next to him, Bynum is also at or near career highs in scoring efficiency, and before a 3-for-9 performance against Golden State on Friday, they were even higher. For those scoring at home, Bynum and Gasol combine for 26.2 shots per game at a clip above 57%, while Kobe shoots nearly that much at a clip 14% lower.

The problem is that Kobe is play way too much in isolation and post-up situations. Last season, Kobe shot 44.2% in isolation situations, with a PPP (points per possession) of .99. Posting up, he shot 49.3%, also with a PPP of .99. This year, those numbers have dropped to 32.4% on isolations (0.76 PPP) and 42.4% on post-ups (0.95 PPP). On top of that, he's isolating even more than he was last year (up from 31.5% of possessions to 33.9% of possessions). He's doing more of things that he is less efficient at, and it's inhibiting the Lakers' offense.

He's also struggling in pick-and-roll situations.

In 2009-2010, Bryant was the ballhandler in a pick-and-roll situation on 12.4% of his possessions (334 total). In those 334 possessions, he turned the ball over 19.8% of the time. Last season, he increased his screen-roll play up to 14.6% of his possessions (340 for the season), but his turnover rate fell to 15.3%. This season, however, his pick-and-roll play makes up 14.7% of his possessions, but he's turning the ball 26.2% of those possessions. If you compare those numbers with other pick-and-roll heavy wing players, like LeBron (10.6% of possessions, 10.5% turnover rate), or Wade (14.3% of possessions, 5.3% turnover rate), or Carmelo (16.4% of possessions, 9.7% turnover rate), his turnover rate is way too high.

His problem here is that he is ignoring the roll man too much. Only three of his 56 assists this season went to the roll man off of a screen. On too many plays, once he gets into the teeth of the defense, he either forces a bad shot or forces a bad pass to one of the spot-up shooters. Of his 11 turnovers in these situations, by my count, he has missed an open roll man (or, more often, an open Pau Gasol as he pops out) on seven of them. There have also been a number of times where Gasol or Bynum or McRoberts will come to set a screen for him, but he'll simply put up a (usually poor) shot before they even get there.

He's playing too aggressively for someone that wasn't particularly efficient to begin with and has subsequently injured his wrist. Subsequently, the Lakers' offense has taken serious steps back this season. They're currently 13th in the league in offensive efficiency, the lowest it has been in Kobe's entire career. In fact, since 1999 (Kobe's first year as a starter), the Lakers have only finished outside the top 8 once, in 2010.

To fix this problem, Kobe needs to scale back his instincts as a scorer. In 2008 and 2009, when the Lakers' offense was at its best, Kobe sported USG% of 31.4% and 32.2% (this year - 39.0%). Now he's taking more shots (while making less of them) and committing more turnovers despite playing fewer minutes. It's possible that this is merely some fluky statistics that are cropping up because of a new coach, some roster turnover, and no training camp, but there is still cause for concern. Bynum and Gasol are scoring too efficiently for them only to be seeing 12-14 shots each.

Kobe needs to isolate and post up less, because when he does those things, he's operating on the spots on the floor that Bynum and Gasol need, and Bynum and Gasol are much more efficient in those spots than Kobe is. Kobe needs to focus on creating pick-and-roll scenarios, and once he's in those situations, he needs to find the big men, especially Gasol, more frequently.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 am

Read the entire thing...don't particularly disagree with any of it....except for the on part that says that Gasol is more efficent currently in the Post.

Not at the moment.

I've always like Kobe in the pick and roll but not when his shot is off.The offense is suffering from no Odom he was at all times our 2nd best offensive player last season and is one of the most versatile offensive players in the leauge.It's pretty clear that he's missed.

Yes he is playing too aggressively...that much is evident , but I often wonder why.Is he trying to force his shot with his injured wrist so that by the end of the season his shooting motion is tweaked into normalcy with the wrist? I dunno....I wouldn't put it past him.

He's averaging 6 assists a game.....I believe that's more than last season.......the Roll man thing I'm skeptical on.Simply because of how much he passes to Pau off the pick and roll.....it seems like that's his go to move so I don't see how that's the problem area.The stats usually don't lie tho....but there ,may be an error in methodology there unless pau isn't classified as a roll man if he shoots.

From the last few games....from what I've seen....other than the 1/2 against Portland he's been playing some amazing ball.........and most of it was him being agressive.

Pau's % is high cuz all he's getting are good looks....Kobe is basically spoon feeding him 1/2 the time.......when it's shoved down his throat in the post he generally get's outmuscled and shoved.

I don't really disagree with anything the guy says but there are definitely tweaks still to be made considering we're now operating outside the triangle.When we're around the 40 game mark I'll make my analysis.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 am

Regular season Sleep
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 am

wow 27 fking turnovers .... where is that dearly missed PG ? The IQ of this team at times looks like that of a mental patient .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:57 am

pUsHa wrote:wow 27 fking turnovers .... where is that dearly missed PG ? The IQ of this team at times looks like that of a mental patient .

Yep, that's why I think PG is our biggest need.

Fisher is done.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:00 am

Chad wrote:
pUsHa wrote:wow 27 fking turnovers .... where is that dearly missed PG ? The IQ of this team at times looks like that of a mental patient .

Yep, that's why I think PG is our biggest need.

Fisher is done.

It has been , for years now .... is Mitch not going to use that damn TPE on something I wonder ? or is he waiting for Dwight ? Wich i honestly doubt ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 am

Fisher was good for 0 points 5 assists 5 turnovers and 1 rebound tonight :facepalm:

Kobe looked great tho. :bow:

Bynum turning out to be pretty good :bow:

Matt Barnes playing above his level for some reason :bow:

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:14 am

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 6 ANDRE-DRUMMOND-DUNK

My lord, took off with 2 feet from 8 feet away. the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 6 Gladbron And he just had a breakout game tonight with 20 and 10. He's really coming into his own now.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218151/Drummond_Plans_On_Returning_For_Sophomore_Season

^He said that after a loss, but I don't believe it. I don't think you can turn down being a top 1, 2 pick.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 am

See Joakim Noah.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:53 am

Yeah and it ended up hurting him
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:02 am

Kinda.....but I think it helped his career overall.Got him less money but that Rookie money is not the money you come to the NBA to make anyway.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:06 am

I mean he was never and is not a franchise player so in that way, yeah he wouldn't have worked out as a teams #1 or 2 option. But that's a totally different scenario than with Drummond.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 pm

While Howard could wind up being dealt to a team that's not on his wish list, the Nets scenario that seemed so likely at season's outset now appears to be the longest shot. The centerpiece of that proposed deal, center Brook Lopez, is out indefinitely after fracturing the fifth metatarsal in his right foot and having surgery on Dec. 23. What's more, sources reiterated that Magic general manager Otis Smith is not a fan of Lopez's game and is not in favor of a deal involving the fourth-year big man who averaged 20.4 points and 5.9 rebounds last season. It doesn't help that the Nets are off to a 2-7 start, either, with rumblings surfacing recently that Howard's proposed running mate, point guard Deron Williams, is cooling on the idea of re-signing with the Nets this summer.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/01/09/dwight.howard/index.html?sct=nba_t11_a1

Owner Rich DeVos and family have given the order: Unless Howard changes his mind, the Magic will deal Dwight and not let him walk like Shaq did 15 years ago.
http://blogs.orlando...20BasketBlog%29

Wish they would hurry up, and trade him.

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:35 pm

At this point.....nobody in the leauge is putting up a decent offer just to lowball them.....until the trade deadline and offers start rolling in.

On an unrelated note Rolling Eyes Wink

Bynum's per 36.. 19.8pts and 16.5 rebounds

Howard's per 36... 18.1pts, and 14.1 rebounds

Not bad.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:42 pm

The best offer they can take is ours.

I'm still taking Dwight, because of Bynum's knees.

Bynum should be a All-Star this year, so there getting a fair deal.

Free Darius Morris!
the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 6 136097921_display_image
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm sure he's gonna get time......Fisher can't keep having 5 turnover 0 point nights and keep getting 30 minutes a game.

I like his upside alot and even his current game is by no nmeans sketchy.6,5 with legit PG speed is scary stuff.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:45 pm

My top 5 rookies at this point:
1. Brooks(watched miniKobe since Providence, he's gunna keep scoring)
2. Rubio(best pure point, insane vision, still needs to work on his shooting a bit. Behind Brooks only by a bit)
3. Irving(great shooter for a PG, has shown he can make plays as a PG as well. Extremely crafty, he's going to be a very good one)
4. Shumpert(a defensive beast, can guard 1-3 positions effectively)
5. Walker(In less minutes he's averaging more assists than Knight, a supposed true point, + double figure scoring, and half as many TO's)

HM: Knight, Norris Cole, Morris(great find for PHO), T.Thompson, Kanter

Last edited by dmize on Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:35 pm

"(best pure point, insane vision, still needs to work on his shooting a bit. Behind Brooks only by a bit)"

A bit?

3 air balls against the raps last night lol. One was a floater while driving from 4 feet away, I was crying with laughter.
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Artemis wrote:"(best pure point, insane vision, still needs to work on his shooting a bit. Behind Brooks only by a bit)"

A bit?

3 air balls against the raps last night lol. One was a floater while driving from 4 feet away, I was crying with laughter.

Okay, probably a lot. But other than that game(which I didn't see), for the season he's put up decent shooting #'s from both the field and 3. I haven't watched him at Barca but what from I can tell he's decent. He's got good form so I don't see why he can't be an above average shooter eventually.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:29 pm

Yea, fair point. I wasn't making fun of you or anything... I read this thread routinely and don't post often because I agree with you 99% of the time dmize.
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Artemis wrote:Yea, fair point. I wasn't making fun of you or anything... I read this thread routinely and don't post often because I agree with you 99% of the time dmize.

Props Thumbs up

You should post more often anyway
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Preliminary 2012 USA roster:

LaMarcus Aldridge
Carmelo Anthony
Chauncey Billups
Chris Bosh
Kobe Bryant
Tyson Chandler
Kevin Durant
Eric Gordon
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard
Andre Iguodala
LeBron James
Kevin Love
Lamar Odom
Chris Paul
Derrick Rose
Dwyane Wade
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams

I think they have to cut 4. Maybe Westbrook, Odom, Billups, Iggy?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next