huntsman
Le Samourai
che
EarlyPrototype
Nirgall
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ronaldo and Mourinho won't be going to the ballon d'or award ceremony  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo and Mourinho won't be going to the ballon d'or award ceremony

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:52 pm

We beat Barca in a final with them playing a full strength team :coffee:

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo and Mourinho won't be going to the ballon d'or award ceremony  - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo and Mourinho won't be going to the ballon d'or award ceremony

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:54 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:We beat up Barca in a final with them playing a full strength team :coffee:

You're welcome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:We beat up Barca in a final with them playing a full strength team :coffee:

You're welcome.

:lol!:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Surprised

Almost :bow: :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:07 pm

I'm not a fan of either team, but your bias is quite clear :coffee:

Were we watching the same game?

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Mamad wrote:Arrogant losers.

LOL are you a madrid fan, or did you lose ur brain somewhere?

OT: Mourinho and Ronaldo have gone to ceremonies where they knew they wouldn't win the top awards and still appeared, but this time i guess the motivation is not there, they should be more focused on winning and on their game.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see who will be representing Ronaldo and Mourinho IFFFF in a crazy way they win the awards lmfaooo

Iker maybe
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:09 pm

@jiopsi I'm still shocked Diarra went that long without picking up a yellow card :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Lol yea I was watching the game....we fouled them a bit....none of our players bar Pepe maybe deserved a red in that particular game.

Busquets actually should've gotten a red tho.

Anyway Jiopsi.....not interested in this...we know where it's going.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:09 pm

One more Madrid-Barca video/cry about fouls and lock.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Whether they be unsportsmanlike or not, they both have a game the next day so first priorities lie with the game. I think they could squeeze both in but if the club, Mourinho and Cristiano feel that this added travelling would cause excess fatigue, then who am I or us to say otherwise.

We all prioritise what is important to us. Why can't they do the same?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:23 pm

@ THC on a serious note tho.....I said this on August 31st...don't know if you saw it cuz it was in the Barca section but a couple of people agreed with it and a couple didn't....but I stick by it.

@Dani : this is not a cry.

Secondly, you guys are way over the top with claims of our agressiveness. You make it seem like if we are hired assasins , and claim we destroy football, but the truth is , we do more than anyone to cultivate beautiful attacking football, at leat more than most.For the time being we do pressure and tackle and nip at your feet , but that is only because this is what your style allows us to do.You fail to recognize the cause and effect nature of this process.It is like shooting at a guy and then getting disgusted at his humanity when he shoots back.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Back on topic: This thread is going to come down to opinion. Ronaldo and Mourinho are professionals and in my opinion, if they decide to skip the ceremony it says a lot about their character. These guys get paid to play the beautiful game and I highly doubt attending a ceremony would affect how you play the following day. And if it does, I think that speaks volumes about Ronaldo's mentality (or lack thereof.)

I also agree with Doc, they have every right not to attend. But I think it would be unprofessional for them not to attend. I'm sure we've all had to do things we didn't want for our job and we don't see anywhere near the amount of money they do.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Its got nothing to do with the topic, so just lets knock the Barca Madrid nonsense and videos, on the head and stick to the topic at hand.

The topic of rough play has been done to death. Nobody is going to agree.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:33 pm

LOOOOOOL!!! I guess they got no class again, since we all know Messi and Guardiola will win it and they rather prepare for the Malaga game the next game than received their silver or bronze award looool! Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:39 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:LOOOOOOL!!! I guess they got no class again, since we all know Messi and Guardiola will win it and they rather prepare for the Malaga game the next game than received their silver or bronze award looool! Very Happy
Coming from a cule, so it means something?!
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:39 pm

Pep already won coach of the year and it is more important to prepare for an important game than go a gala. Only qualms that can be had is that neither the club or those two aren't really putting much effort into wanting to go. Or so it seems....
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:47 pm

This isnt very complicated to me.

They dont want to go because they arent going to win, if they was going to win they would go. I dont really blame them, they know they have no chance so whats the point.

It is seen as unprofessional and I think it says something about both of them, but I highly doubt they care what people think.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Tells what about them? They both are well known for being arrogant especially Mou who has been arrogant almost every press conferance until lately. I still remember how he shoved 3 fingers in to Milans face when he won them with Madrid :lol!:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:51 pm

Not the first time Mou has missed a ceremony due to a game, and not the last.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:54 pm

It's not like they aren't portrayed as arrogant anyway. Big deal .... it's an award show full of asslicking sprinkled with glitter.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:This isnt very complicated to me.

They dont want to go because they arent going to win, if they was going to win they would go. I dont really blame them, they know they have no chance so whats the point.

It is seen as unprofessional and I think it says something about both of them, but I highly doubt they care what people think.

Serious question here....would you go?

It's not exactly comparable......but this one time a guy had a higher percentage than me in primary school for the first time I didn't place first in test....It was only primary school but I got mad and didn't go.

I genuinely think that if I believe I deserve something and I know I'm not going to get it , I won't bother showing up, sportsmanship or whatever else.

Anyway

Mourinhio- :bow:

Ronaldo- Neutral
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:10 pm

I dont know, its hard to say without being in their shoes.

I probably would though because its the "done thing" and being nominated for the award is a honour in itself.

I personally dont take the award seriously, its criteria is baffling, but it is a honour that people consider you around the top of your calling in life and you should respect that honour.

But again, its easy to say that me being me and not in their shoes.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:04 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:

And how did that "concentration" work out for you last season?

we were already 5-0 up if memories serves me right, so there was no "need" to stay and focus
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Im not really sure if some of u mean u understand and think its ok that if u know u will not win, its ok to not turn up? Looool, if so, then maybe the awards should just be the winners turning up every year Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Good excuse for 2 arrogant people

Main reason is that they dont want to be bitches of guardiola and messi after what happened in last el clasicos. barcelona and madrid became enemies last season, they were enemies but not like this. now arrogance of mourinho and cr dont let them to go there
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next