BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:he's pretty good!

thank you for mentioned it
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

jrr archive Empty Re: jrr archive

Post by M99 Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:26 am

Awesome player, it is a joy to watch him play.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 am

Absolute legend. Cant wait to see him at the Emirates in august
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by teague Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:17 pm

nice song...
teague
teague
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

another superb control

awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:25 pm

2 of jrr masterpiece

awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:26 pm

his goals & movements

awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:26 am

his 50 goles

awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 am

i wished of seeing him play in a serie a club..i think he absolutely would have taken the league by storm..
shame it dint happen
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:35 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:i wished of seeing him play in a serie a club..i think he absolutely would have taken the league by storm..
shame it dint happen

if you, you want him to play which club?

ac, inter, roma, juve, fio?

or small team like chievo, piazini, lecce, bologna?
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:06 am

awalezelin wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:i wished of seeing him play in a serie a club..i think he absolutely would have taken the league by storm..
shame it dint happen

i think inter would have probably been the perfect club for him..well i am talking about riquelme at his peak ,and he would have perfectly slotted into inter's setup

knowing that he's not the quickest player around ,he would have been a perfect fit for italian football..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:12 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
awalezelin wrote:
shame it dint happen

i think inter would have probably been the perfect club for him..well i am talking about riquelme at his peak ,and he would have perfectly slotted into inter's setup

knowing that he's not the quickest player around ,he would have been a perfect fit for italian football..

considering that inter have many argentinian, i agree with you
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:19 am

his superclassico moments

awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:36 am

among his top skills

awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:56 am

Joel Richards (FourFourTwo.com) quote about jrr:

Maradona was playing his final competitive match of his career, and left the pitch at the Monumental with Boca trailing. 19 year old Riquelme replaced him, Boca turned the game around thanks to the substitute and won 2-1. The legend was born.

Boasting a repertoire of stunning freekicks, surging runs from midfield, holding off three players at a time and revelling in his role as the team’s metronome, one of the highlights of his career is defeating Real Madrid in the 2000 Intercontinental Cup. Neither Geremi, Makelele nor Helguera could win the ball off him - even when all three tried at the same time. Few players have single-handedly embarrassed European opposition like Riquelme did that night in Tokyo.

Still just 28, Riquelme was the driving force behind the Boca’s run that ended with a 5-0 aggregate win in the final against Gremio. Riquelme scored eight goals along the way. It was his third Libertadores win.

Juan Román Riquelme is an idol at Boca; an enigma, controversial and moody, outrageously gifted, author of the two best nutmegs in the last 20 years in Argentine football.
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:58 am

Spanish commentator quote about him:

Watching Riquelme play is like watching one of those children’s games with one adult (or football coach) in the midst of it. It’s a totally chaotic, everybody is running after the ball, kicking and screaming, while the adult stands still in the middle, but everytime he touches the ball the game is immediately clarified. If you’ve ever seen children play you’ll understand the analogy. Personally, I can’t think of a better way to describe the effect Riquelme has on the field.
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:00 am

Chris Mann (East Midlands) quote about him:

A graceful pivot, an incisive pass, a majestic free-kick arcing gracefully into the net of a faceless Spanish goalkeeper, all are treasured memories of the player who was my introduction to football cultures outside of Britain.

Despite all of his exceptional attributes, perhaps the most appealing feature of Riquelme is his patent lack of athleticism. In an era dominated by sports science and heavy conditioning, the Boca legend’s lack of speed and wonderfully stubborn habit of slowing the game down to his pace is a heart-warming sight. Even playing the game at what sometimes resembles walking pace, Riquelme still has more than enough skill to make it appear as if he’s in a completely different space/time continuum to the players around him.

His demeanour as a misunderstood, angst-ridden artist is also thoroughly spellbinding. Seeing Riquelme move around the pitch you feel as if he almost shouldn’t be there, as if he belongs in the era of Rivelino and Tostão, of Riva and Houseman. The more you watch him, the more you want to protect him, to stop his genius being tainted by association with some of the “lesser” players with whom he shares the field. You don’t feel as if Riquelme should have to undergo the trauma of being exposed to the gauche, high-tempo world of modern football, you almost feel sorry for him.

As complex a character “Roman” is, never has one player before or since I saw him play for the first time engendered in me such a feeling of awe. Indeed, Villarreal’s Champions League semi-final against Arsenal in 2006 is a perfect example of the enrapturing paradox that is Riquelme. Over the two legs the Argentinian was the best player on display, taking Arsenal on – at least in my mind’s eye – almost single-handedly. It was, as all his best moments have been, a bewitching and yet ultimately flawed performance.
In the second-leg at El Madrigal, Villarreal won a late penalty which, had Riquelme converted it, would have taken the tie to extra-time. But Lehmann, almost inevitably, guessed correctly, dived to his left and consigned the Yellow Submarine to an agonising last four exit.
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:01 am

Unknown quote about him:

Riquelme's style is precisely the type that will carry a team; the kind of player that you would have no qualms about building a team around.

You can argue that Messi dribbles better, Iniesta has better work rate, or Xavi is a better leader, but the fact is that none of these players are as complete of a package as Riquelme was/is. In his prime (which I consider to be his last few years with Villareal (excluding the actual last year)) Riquelme could have been the complete attacking solution for any team. His versatility was unparalleled as he could switch from a deep midfield playmaker to a traditional 10 to a forward at any moments notice.

He is a very unique player in this sense. Aside from the obvious threats of his long range shooting and set pieces, his astonishing range of passing meant that he could punish another team from anywhere. One of the reasons why he was so hard to mark was because he is often willing to drop very deep to collect the ball (deeper than most DMC's would mark) and then spray out a pinpoint pass. Xavi also has a great range of passing, but he lacks Riquelme's shooting and scoring abilities. Iniesta is quicker with the ball than Riquelme is, but I have my doubts about his ability to carry a lesser team to glory (we've only really seen him perform with Barca and Spain, both of which have significantly more talent than Riquelme's Villareal side). Messi is of course a fantastic attacking talent but isn't able to bring his team into the game as well as Riquelme is. He is the kind of player that thrives when playing with someone like Riquelme, not the kind of player to ever replace Riquelme on any team.

Riquelme in his free role is the complete attacking threat. He can kill you with passes, shots, crosses, set pieces, you name it. I personally have never seen anyone with his ability to hold off markers and retain possession in order to slow down the game to his pace.
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by awalezelin Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:32 pm

one of his best match vs alaves

one of his several goals from direct corner kick
awalezelin
awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down