Dnmac4
EarlyPrototype
Adit
pUsHa
Mr Nick09
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Sheikh Mansour tried to buy Valencia - Page 2 Empty Re: Sheikh Mansour tried to buy Valencia

Post by Pedram Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:29 pm

BTW, does financial fairplay allow Sheikh Mansour to spend for Valencia ?

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Sheikh Mansour tried to buy Valencia - Page 2 Empty Re: Sheikh Mansour tried to buy Valencia

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Gil wrote:Weren't Valencia the strongest team in Spain before the owners decided to build a new stadium?

They won the leauge........

Got Hammered in the CL :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:35 pm

i am sure there was a rule which prevented an owner(forgive me for forgetting the name) from owning two clubs in different leagues since there was a possiblity they would face eachother in european competition

so he had to choose one or the other
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:45 pm

this will NOT happen simply because UEFA rules does not allow two clubs who have the same owner to play in the same competition, so unless he's planning to cell city or invest 500M to win the Europa league then this is all bullshit
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Gil wrote:Weren't Valencia the strongest team in Spain before the owners decided to build a new stadium?

Build a new stadium without finding a buyer for the old one. Well, they did but the company dropped their offer from 350 million to around 270 million after the construction boom ended (which would have helped greatly mind you). Of course Soler rejected it. Also, the shitty Italians they signed and constant firing of staff made things even worse. And then there was Koeman, sigh...

All in all, they were really a strong team, definitely one of the strongest Spain had back in ancient times really...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Sheikh Mansour is a very smart individual. The same way that his horde of lawyers are finding loopholes in the FFP legislation, im sure he would find loopholes to make it happen. Im sure he has a lot of cousins.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Well he will still be forced to go through UEFA seen as how he would own two clubs that have the potential to play in the same competition [CL]. I'm sure he'll find a loophole since well money talks.

Either way I think Madrid's, Barca's and Bilbao's method of the members owning the club is the best way to be owned since there will always be support when needed and well the fans own the club.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:31 pm

This could prove problematic...

Sheikh Monsour has decieved meSheikh Mansour tried to buy Valencia - Page 2 Xavi-barca_1392547c
"Sheikh Mansour has decieved me"
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:37 pm

No one will call La Liga as a two horse race league again if this happens.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:28 pm

Is it possible for 1 man to own 2 clubs? Is that legal?

That guy should buy FIFA 12, it would be cheaper lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:33 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:PLease Please Please make this happen. I don't care if it's Valencia but LA Liga needs it bad. In fact I would love it if he bought Atletico as he could make them into a top 5 team in Europe as even when there bad they have pulling power to get good players.

If this would happen Spain would have a bonafied top 4-5 teams with Real, Barca, Malaga, whoever he buys and Sevilla/Valencia.

The thing going under the radar is that Valencia is quietly building a monster w/o spending much money. IF they had the financial backing to keep there stars and keep the same scouting system they would be scary.

I would love it if it's another club than Valencia, or it will become a very closed big 3.

If it's Sevilla for example, you will still have Valencia around building up as a strong organization. and we will have 4 very very strong teams in Spain shortly.

I like your vision Nick.

I think Sevilla's the way to go for Shiehk Mansour.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:52 pm

I think it's possible to have two or more clubs.

He owns ManC 100%, so he'll buy "just" 99% so it won't count as a club owned by Sheikh Mansour.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 pm

we've been linked with qatari/chinese/russian/martian takeover since juan *bleep* soler was here... this is bs
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Would love to see this just for Che's reaction alone lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:17 pm

No thanks. Valencia have an identity, that would be lost.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No thanks. Valencia have an identity, that would be lost.
lets face it, everyone would have been scared of the new stadium that is being built and if the Shekih would have taken over lol.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:29 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No thanks. Valencia have an identity, that would be lost.
I would loose my identity in a heartbeat if one billion walked through the door.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Identity is what you make it tbh. I've went to a couple of City games and the club has an identity at least I felt that they had one. It's fan base, they way it presents itself etc.

They have foreign owners but honestly if anything City's identity is being enhanced by being more relevant.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 am

This would be beautiful, having another team that can compete against Madrid and BArca. I hope it's Valencia as they are by far the third best team in Spain, history wise, trophy wise, talent wise. Malaga are spending very wisely. I think the only reason they haven't over spent like City is because not many super talents were in the market. Give them 2-3 more years, they'll be up there too.

@Zealous.....I love your sig man
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:16 am

He might as well Buy Napoli as well.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 am

Malaga & Valencia the ManCity/Chelsea of LaLiga ?

not bad.. more competition is always welcomed !!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 am

Actually, this would be nothing like City.
Firstly, Valencia are a club capable of winning (and they have done so). City weren't.

If it were to happen, the smart thing would be to clear debt and leave the squad as is, reinforcing only where needed.
Then, on a season by season basis add one or two big names.
Valencia can win the league as they are. Only minor changes need be made.
Wholesale changes will take the club 5 steps back before they even move 1 forward...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:19 am

Zealous wrote:Would love to see this just for Che's reaction alone lol

well i wouldn't be ecstatic about it, i don't want plastic money... but it's not like i'd stop supporting the club, i've stuck with valencia through bad times forced by a shit owner, i'd most definitely stick around with good times made by a good owner lol

still, so long as noone buys sevilla or pathetico, stay the *bleep* away, thank you very much... investment is always welcome but i most definitely don't want valencia to become the next man city
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:18 pm

Valencia without debts (and still financially inferior) could easily keep pace with Real Madrid & Barcelona From 99 til 07 and even beat them both twice in La Liga.

Valencia with huge debts and selling their best players every summer is the closest club to Barcelona & Real Madrid, only 4 points behind the "best team ever" in the table.

Now imagine Los Che without the debts + huge money to spend. With their football policy (the best i ever whitnesed, reaching 2 CL finals with and beating the two pouwerhouses twice to La Liga with little money) they would rape the shit out of Barcelona and Madrid.

Glad it didn't happen, otherwise it would be a one horse instead of a 2 horse race. Besides once the nou mestalla is finished Valencia Will be back and Barcelona will have a real fight on their hands then. Not coming From Madrid. Mark my words.
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eyeopener Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Valencia: La Liga's forgotten giants

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/andy-mitten/la-liga-forgotten-giants-134519391.html

And: 5 reasons why Valencia CF are set to win another La Liga

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/993301-5-reasons-why-valencia-cf-are-set-to-win-another-la-liga
eyeopener
eyeopener
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next