January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

+52
Amar
Jack Russell
EL Patron
Forza
Mr Nick09
Ali
OLpower
SUPERCARTTS
Wilson37
Abramovich
jcsc13
Zealous
6unner
boss
Arsenalfaithfull
Kwame2u
REWB
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Highburied
Spider
nikolai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rwo power
Ganso
El Gunner
Sushi Master
Iceman
Emaharg
Arquitecto
DeviAngel
djoe26
jayp
gmos01
Jamin
JAY-Z
Funkentelechy
shinigami99
aleumdance
urbaNRoots
Artilleristen
lenear1030
MJ
Sri
SamuelJayC
Quinten Metsys
beatrixasdfghjk.
Raptorgunner
Twoism
TalkingReckless
Sina
RealGunner
Jay29
56 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  - Page 3 Empty Re: January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:As long as we don't get Wayne bridge I am happy, never liked him and 90k a week lol.

What about Paul PFK...?He would be definitely better than Bridge,IMO

Last edited by ernie_schwarz on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.  - Page 3 Empty Re: January Transfer Thread: Rumours and BS. Mostly BS.

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Manchester United and Arsenal will reportedly battle it out for Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia according to his agent.

The 25-year old Argentine has emerged as a target for the Gunners in the past few weeks with United now jumping on board to join Italian outfit Fiorentina as potential suitors.

But Biglia’s agent, Enzo Montepaone, has admitted his €8million-rated client could remain at Anderlecht despite the winter interest.

"Fiorentina, Arsenal and Manchester United? The interest of those clubs is real,” he told Het Nieuwsblad.

"He would easily earn double than at Anderlecht but his first intention is to grow and he wants a club where he can do that.

"Lucas has a contract with Anderlecht until 2015 and if the club don't want to sell, he will continue to play there.

"What offer could be agreed with Anderlecht? The agreed minimum is €8million (£6.6m).

"We have time until 1st February."

8 mil would be a steal,but it would definitely hamper the chances of Coquelin and Frimpong.Further it would be difficult to keep Biglia benched as well...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Arsenal hero Ray Parlour says Manchester City left- back Wayne Bridge would be a good signing for Arsene Wenger.

Parlour claims his old side would benefit from the experience Bridge could add to Wenger's squad.

“I think the only position that he [Wenger] will strengthen in is full-backs,” Parlour told talkSPORT.

“Andre Santos, Kieran Gibbs, Bacary Sagna and Carl Jenkinson are all out with injuries. Full-back is a position where they are very light and are getting away with it a bit. Laurent Koscielny and Johan Djourou have been playing there.

“Wayne Bridge would do alright, he’d be a good signing. He’s hasn’t played for quite a while but he’s still a quality player.

“Someone like that on loan might be a good signing but would Man City let you have him though? Why would they want to help the teams around them?”

When he is playing like shite,how is his experience going to help...?
If experience is such a yardstick,then why don't we sign Winterburn...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Arsenal have made a check on Cliftonville sensation Rory Donnelly.

Liverpool, Swansea City and Everton have all tabled offers to Cliftonville for the young striker.

The Belfast Telegraph says Arsenal youth chief Steve Morrow made a check on Donnelly this week in action against Donegal Celtic.

Morrow took in the first-half before leaving.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:32 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says there's no reason to rush a decision over signing permanently Yossi Benayoun.

The on-loan Chelsea midfielder grabbed the winner against Aston Villa last night.

"We have him on loan until the end of the season so we do not need to decide [on a permanent transfer] tonight," said Wenger.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

An article written by Ian Wright,who wants Arsenal to sign Cavani...

THE time has come for Arsene Wenger to shackle El Matador — and unshackle the Ox while he's at it.

It was great to see Arsenal go toe to toe with Manchester City on Sunday, and but for a couple of Joe Hart saves, they could well have nicked something too.

But as close as they pushed the leaders, it did raise a couple of points that need addressing quickly to close that gap.

First — and we have known this for ages — without a top-class attacker alongside Robin van Persie, Arsenal are only one injury away from everything blowing up in their faces.

That's why I think Arsene MUST bid for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani — El Matador — if there is any chance of tempting him from Italy next month.

It will be more difficult now Napoli have reached the Champions League knockout stages, largely thanks to his performances in the group games.

But plenty of other clubs around Europe haven't given up the ghost, and I'd love to see Arsene in the mix as well.

If, heaven forbid, anything did happen to RVP, you'd fear Arsenal would be stuffed. That's a ridiculous pressure to carry on your shoulders every week.

But when you look at the rest of the squad, where do you think the goals will come from?

Andrey Arshavin seems to be somewhere else at the moment.

This is the guy who got four at Liverpool, hit the winner against Barcelona, but just isn't doing the business.

When Marouane Chamakh comes off the bench you never really expect him to make the sort of impact you'd want.

And although Gervinho looks good dribbling and running at people, again there haven't been many goals to go with it.

That's not something you could say about Cavani, and it's no surprise that he has become one of the most wanted men in Europe.

He's the type defenders hate playing against, always on the move, always looking for the right run, always a threat.

More than anything, he always looks hungry — the sort of guy who could be having a shocker, but is still likely to nick you a goal out of nothing. That's something Arsenal need right now.

When all those fans headed north on Sunday, they travelled more in hope than expectation.

Yes, there was always the prospect of nicking something on the break, and when it comes to playing football, Arsenal still do it better than most.

But the benches emphasised the difference between the clubs.

City had the likes of Edin Dzeko, Nigel de Jong, Adam Johnson and James Milner — all proven internationals. Arsenal didn't have anyone in that bracket.

How I'd have loved to have seen young Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain among those subs. The time has come for him to be seeing a bit more of the action.

When he got a chance against City in the Carling Cup, he gave Pablo Zabaleta a hard time. It would have been great to see him running at Zabaleta for 20 minutes or so on Sunday.

I'm not suggesting that, at 18, he should be in there every minute of every game.

Youngsters must be brought on gradually. You have to get the balance right, and playing all the time isn't the answer at that age.

But the Ox has a great physique and it baffles me that he hasn't had more of a go.

If he's going to fulfil his obvious potential, the next step comes with playing against the likes of City, in high-pressure, high-intensity games with a great atmosphere.

I can see him being an integral part of things at Arsenal for years to come, but he's not going to do that if he's held back. So I'd say to Arsene: Release the Ox.

He's been grazing in the paddock for too long, let's see him feeding on Premier League defenders instead.

How good would it be to see him causing havoc on one wing, Theo Walcott on the other, with RVP and Cavani waiting to pounce in the middle?

Just now, opposing defences realise if they keep Van Persie quiet, they are pretty much guaranteed to silence the Gunners.

With another top-notch finisher alongside him, and two lightning-fast wide men providing the ammunition, back fours wouldn't know what hit them.

After the start Arsenal had, it's a great achievement to be back in the mix for a top-four place.

But until they fill a couple more gaps, that's probably the best they can hope for.

And for Arsenal fans like me who want to see them pushing for silverware, those hopes are much higher.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Newcastle are eyeing Ajax centre-back Jan Vertonghen, a long-time target of Arsenal and Tottenham (Sun)

The Geordies also fancy Celtic's Victor Wanyama but may lose Cheik Tiote to Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United (Mail)

Vertonghen-Yes,Tiote-No
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Real Madrid star Kaka is considering his future once again in a move that will reignite interest from Arsenal and Chelsea.

The devout Christian is already back in his native Brazil to celebrate Christmas with his family and he will also discuss his future, according to Spanish magazine El Confidencial.

The midfielder has suffered a miserable time at the Bernabeu thanks to injuries and has started just six league games this season under Jose Mourinho.

Arsenal failed with an audacious loan move for the 29-year-old in the summer and Chelsea have long been admirers of the World Cup winner, who has not started a La Liga game since October.

The Premier League sides could face stiff opposition from PSG, who have the playmaker's former AC Milan manager Leonardo as their director of football, and are keen to recruit more high-profile names.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:
Arsenal hero Ray Parlour says Manchester City left- back Wayne Bridge would be a good signing for Arsene Wenger.

Parlour claims his old side would benefit from the experience Bridge could add to Wenger's squad.

“I think the only position that he [Wenger] will strengthen in is full-backs,” Parlour told talkSPORT.

“Andre Santos, Kieran Gibbs, Bacary Sagna and Carl Jenkinson are all out with injuries. Full-back is a position where they are very light and are getting away with it a bit. Laurent Koscielny and Johan Djourou have been playing there.

“Wayne Bridge would do alright, he’d be a good signing. He’s hasn’t played for quite a while but he’s still a quality player.

“Someone like that on loan might be a good signing but would Man City let you have him though? Why would they want to help the teams around them?”

When he is playing like shite,how is his experience going to help...?
If experience is such a yardstick,then why don't we sign Winterburn...

EDIT:Can't embed the video,don't know why...Its a video of Bridge scoring vs Arsenal,at Highbury.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:24 pm

I don't see us landing Cavani even though I'd prefer him to any other striker we're linked with.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:18 pm

MJGunner wrote:I don't see us landing Cavani even though I'd prefer him to any other striker we're linked with.

in this inflated market he's worth at the least 45-50m. Im sure De Laurentis(?) would laugh at anything less
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:07 pm

Gourcuff :dance:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:16 am

Parlour must be high. Calling Bridge "quality" ?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:33 am

Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas is in London this week negotiating Yoann Gourcuff's move to Arsenal in January. (via Radio MC )
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:48 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas is in London this week negotiating Yoann Gourcuff's move to Arsenal in January. (via Radio MC )

I am going with RG and I will take him, not sure I am starting to have a good feeling about him coming.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:08 am

im scared of getting gourcuff

i hope its a loan....
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:22 am

high risk - high reward, this Gourcuff
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:11 am

MJGunner wrote:I don't see us landing Cavani even though I'd prefer him to any other striker we're linked with.
I think Podolski is better, personally, but we need a left back, and a cam more than anything.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:51 am

Artilleristen wrote:
I think Podolski is better, personally, but we need a left back, and a cam more than anything.

Cavani is younger and more aggressive, Podolski seems lazy to me sometimes but Podolski is still class and worth getting. We need a striker, then a fullback on emergency loan because we have 4 that'll come back and we don't need anything in midfield really especially with Wilshere returning.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:24 am

Gourcuff rumours quickly gathering pace.

Reminder of Lyon president's comments in October:

"We had to sell four players this summer but we only sold two [Miralem Pjanic and Jeremy Toulalan]. We must now compensate for not selling two other players, perhaps by selling them in the winter transfer window," he told France Football.

"It may be possible that we will have opportunities to sell players which we don't want to, but that we can't refuse."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:33 am

As you all know, Wenger has an excellent relationship with Yoann Gourcuff's father, Christian, who is manager at Lorient in Ligue 1.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:53 am

I really don't mind the Gourcuff rumors, I don't see how it's high risk other than his injury proneness which I'm willing to bet on. I see Wenger revitalizing Gourcuff's career and maybe finding a long term Cesc-replacement in him since he's 25 and our midfield depth would be absolutely fantastic.
Arteta
Rambo
Rosicky
Benayoun
Song
Frimpong
Wilshere
Diaby

+Gourcuff
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Arsenal are set to resurrect their interest in Lyon midfielder Yoann Gourcuff according to reports in France.

The Gunners tried to get the central midfielder on loan in the summer, with a view to a permanent switch, after the late departures of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

But Lyon rejected their last-ditch offer and the 25-year-old has spent the previous five months to progress in Ligue 1, whilst continuing to impress compatriot Arsene Wenger.

Speculation regarding the former AC Milan man's future has been heightened due to Lyon upping their interest in Dijon midfielder Benjamin Corgnet, who looks like a like-for-like replacement.

According to French radio station RMC, Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas has been in London this week to discuss the transfer - with Arsenal looking to add to their squad in January.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Arsenal are set to ship out striker flop Marouane Chamakh and replace him with Wigan front man Hugo Rodallega (Metro)

Arsenal and Chelsea target Kaka considering a move from Real Madrid (talkSPORT)

Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia's agent has stated that both Manchester United and Arsenal are keen to secure the player's services (Inside Futbol)
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Arshavin's former club Zenit St Petersburg are ready to offer him an escape route.

The Russian team's technical director Igor Korneev said: "We are always interested in Andrey."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:37 pm

There's the obligatory Rodallega rumour. :facepalm:

I don't mind Gourcuff on loan. If we get him playing well, then it's a great piece of business. If he turns out to be rubbish, well, we should have Wilshere back by then.

I'm almost certain somebody is leaving in January, purely because of these squad registration rules. We've maxed out our quota for non-homegrown players, haven't we?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next