Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 18 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

+87
Nirgall
gervinho's forehead
cyberman
bloodless
arigle
Art Morte
milanfan7
McLewis
harhar11
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Lord Spencer
sukrut23
CBarca
johniet
fatman123
Ganso
CaseyBoi
Lord Awesome
cheesy
LeVersacci
ToEy
II Capitano
delaurentishotz
Adit
Doc
donttreadonred
Highburied
Senor Penguin
julias
Zealous
Guiltybystander
FalcaoPunch
Sushi Master
Onyx
JAY-Z
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Yeezus
pasquale22
mr-r34
Artemis
kiranr
IAmManUnited
Albiceleste
jibers
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Nishankly
Seth
honduran09
Red Alert
pUsHa
paddy
rsinatra
everest1
urbaNRoots
SoloInter
Deathrow898
Grande_Milano
halamadrid2
Seppuku
punkfusion1992
aleumdance
Aensensen
DRK
Nirgal
the xcx
Be/\/ceCALI
RealGunner
che
aunshi
El Chelsea Fuerte
elm_baraja_shaman
azzurres
Vibe
poolsupporter
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
RED
Le Samourai
Abramovich
EarlyPrototype
aford92
FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 18 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Artemis Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 am

"tbh taking it to cas won't solve anything, that would just be more "protecting the sport" horseshit because overruling the decision would enrage reasonable and unbiased people like elmystique

take fa to a civil court, sue them for libel and loss (i'm sure there would be a way to quantify loss from an 8 match ban) and watch fa burn"

No, you can't

What's the angel.... negligence? I don't think you can prove negligence at all

Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 18 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 am

poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

And you somehow have the magical power of reading Suarez's mind and figuring out his intentions? His background suddenly has nothing to do about it? You've clearly got an agenda against Suarez and most here can see it.

if giving the middle finger is HI in some country and a citizen of that country goes to America and gives the middle finger to a cop,

what do you think would happen?

What the hell are you on about? You claim others in here have no logic but you go ahead and make stupid comparisons like these?

background culture is not a justifiable case for doing the wrong thing...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 am

elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

And you somehow have the magical power of reading Suarez's mind and figuring out his intentions? His background suddenly has nothing to do about it? You've clearly got an agenda against Suarez and most here can see it.

if giving the middle finger is HI in some country and a citizen of that country goes to America and gives the middle finger to a cop,

What the hell are you on about? You claim others in here have no logic but you go ahead and make stupid comparisons like these?

Oh and we're back to the context not mattering. Yay.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 am

Off Rawk -

What annoys me is the insinuation, which will no doubt now arise, that Liverpool football club and its supporters are now condoning racist remarks and racist and abusive behaviour just by defending Luis Suarez, and that we're only doing all of this because he plays for us.

IF there were witness statements backing up Evra's case and saying that they heard the comments, IF there were video footage of the incident where he openly racially abuses Evra, IF there was audio of the racist remarks, IF the footage had been studied by lip reading experts, IF Evra himself hadn't said Luis Suarez is not a racist, IF the FA had outlined what it was that was said, and IF Luis Suarez himself had admitted to it then I would quite frankly be appalled and state in no uncertain terms that he deserves what he gets. I'd be fine with it, and furthermore I'd state that he's got a job on to save his career and turn this around. I wouldn't be pleased with it AT ALL.

But none of the above exists. None of it. There aren't any other people backing up Evra's claims, that's pretty clear from our statement. There isn't any video or audio evidence. There isn't anything anywhere to suggest there is undeniable evidence that Luis Suarez called Patrice Evra something racist once, let alone "at least 10 times". Patrice Evra didn't even mention it to the ref during the game. He didn't mention it to him when they were both called to the ref and he spoke to the pair, telling them to calm down. He told him after the game, after he'd had time to think, even though he said he was calling him it throughout the game.

Now we have every single paper up and down the land calling Suarez a racist. That's what he is now in the eyes of many, and that's the fault of three people who have now decided what IS racist and what isn't. Those three people have come to a conclusion that others have puzzled over for decades, and they've managed to do so without a shred of proof. They've taken one person's argument, listened to it, then taken another's, listened to it, and decided that they believe one over the other, and that now they don't even have to back that up with some solid proof.

And if you're not happy with that then you condone racism in all its forms. That's what we're doing right now. LFC fans and LFC itself are condoning racism in the eyes of anyone who just wants to see someone hang for it. Just once. Let's make a statement everyone, let's throw the book at someone. Look how tough we are on this. Marvel as we lead the way for the good of football. If you stand in the way of this judgement then you're condoning racism. Definitely not that you just want to see some *bleep* proof either way, oh no.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 am

poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

am glad you thinking selfishly one sided about the context with which Suarez meant it,

how about the context in which Evra also understood it?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 am

elmystique wrote:

If you are going to punish someone, then there has to be intent. I dont see any intent from Suarez.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am

elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

am glad you thinking selfishly one sided about the context with which Suarez meant it,

I've maintained my argument about it not even being a racial slur.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:58 am

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 18 Sweet-fa

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:58 am

kiranr wrote:
elmystique wrote:

If you are going to punish someone, then there has to be intent. I dont see any intent from Suarez.

should verbal racism have intent to be considered punishable?

what next, Busquests vs Marcelo is sportsmanship now?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:00 am

elmystique wrote:

It is not racism if there is no intent. He said Negrito. Did he mean to be racist with that? No. Hence is it verbal racism? No.

Busquets, from what i saw in the video, does seem to be saying monkey. There is no doubt there. It should have been punished, but that is over now. However, in this case, there is a lot of doubt whether Suarez was being racist or not.

Last edited by kiranr on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:00 am

poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

whether Suarez meant it to be racist or not, you ad I cannot tell,

but what we work on is what he uttered, and what we feel to be right and wrong and of common sense of judgement....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:01 am

kiranr wrote:
elmystique wrote:

It is not racism if there is no intent. He said Negrito. Did he mean to be racist with that? No. Hence is it verbal racism? No.

are you a part of Suarez's brain to know with which intent he meant it to be?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 am

elmystique wrote:I could careless if my white friend called or addressed me as "black" or something but if someone I didn't know

walked up to me and said "hey black dude"

I mean wth...

Would it bother you if a black person walked up to you and said "hey black dude" or "excuse me my brother"?

Just curious to know if it matters what race the person asking the question is.

Don't get me wrong, if a stranger approached me on the street, I rather they not address me by my skin color (regardless of what race they are). But if it did happen I wouldn't think anything of it unless they prove I should think otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 am

elmystique wrote:
kiranr wrote:
elmystique wrote:

Were you?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:02 am

elmystique wrote:
kiranr wrote:
elmystique wrote:

Busquets vs Marcelo was clearly meant to be offensive and discriminatory. We are speaking about different things.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:03 am

elmystique wrote:
kiranr wrote:
elmystique wrote:

Doesn't matter. There is more than enough evidence for there to be sufficient doubt in this case. Hence it is not racism and should not be punished.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:05 am

GUILTY!!!!!!!!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 am

kiranr wrote:
elmystique wrote:
kiranr wrote:
elmystique wrote:

Doesn't matter. There is more than enough evidence for there to be sufficient doubt in this case. Hence it is not racism and should not be punished.

elmystique seems to think you need to prove something didn't happen, rather than having to prove that it did.

Guilty until proven innocent.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:GUILTY!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS YOUR PROOF?

Last edited by Nishank on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:06 am

elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:
elmystique wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:

whether Suarez meant it to be racist or not, you ad I cannot tell,

but what we work on is what he uttered, and what we feel to be right and wrong and of common sense of judgement....

Jeeeez!!!! That's my point. What he uttered is not something I consider to be a racial slur, and after reading about the history of the word online as well as from others on here, the context adds to my point.

Why aren't you all mad about Hernandez?
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:07 am

Are you f'king stupid?

Yes we heard you once, now stop getting all excited that you won over Liverpool in this case and stop rubbing it in.

Pathetic.

Last edited by english_jewel on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:08 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
elmystique wrote:I could careless if my white friend called or addressed me as "black" or something but if someone I didn't know

I mean wth...

Would it bother you if a black person walked up to you and said "hey black dude" or "excuse me my brother"?

Don't get me wrong, if a stranger approached me on the street, I rather they not address me by my skin color (regardless of what race they are). But if it did happen I wouldn't think anything of it unless they prove I should think otherwise.

first off I doubt a black dude would address another black dude as "hey black dude" I have heard the street term n*ggar on a lot.

I don't get addressed as such because I don't hang out on the street, the N word is mostly related to gangs and streetwise people, hence if a white guy on the streets addressed his fellow gang member as "hey my n*ggar" he'd not get offended

if I addressed the same person as such, he would.

If I walked up to a white person and said "hey white boy" or say Asian person....

do you not think they wouldn't get offended?

what is good for the goose...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am

funny how evra himself has said he doesn't think it's racist :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am

english_jewel wrote:

Are you f'king stupid?

Yes we heard you once, now stop getting all excited that you won over Liverpool in this case and stop rubbing it in.

Pathetic.

Let him be, Jewel.
What else can you expect from a united fan? Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am

Sepi wrote:funny how evra himself has said he doesn't think it's racist :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:09 am

elmystique wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:

I mean wth...

first off I doubt a black dude would address another black dude as "hey black dude" I have heard the street term n*ggar on a lot.

I don't get addressed as such because I don't hang out on the street, the N word is mostly related to gangs and streetwise people, hence if a white guy on the streets addressed his fellow gang member as "hey my n*ggar" he'd not get offended

if I addressed the same person as such, he would.

If I walked up to a white person and said "hey white boy" or say Asian person....

do you not think they wouldn't get offended?

what is good for the goose...

so much fail
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 38  Next