guest7
EarlyPrototype
Onyx
alex mahone
shaven
33 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Real Madrid Statistics and Records - Page 3 Empty Re: Real Madrid Statistics and Records

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Just lol crimson. truly sad showing mate. you're the one who got personal and then you can't handle the jibbing back. i said i was mistaken because i misunderstood the parameters of the chart. My bad. i never challenged you; just the source. But somehow, you took that personally. no problem.

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid Statistics and Records - Page 3 Empty Re: Real Madrid Statistics and Records

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:42 pm

Going to try and get this back on track

Valdir Pereira also known as Didi played 19 games for Real Madrid between 1959 and 1960 scoring 6 goals, most notably though is that he won two World Cups with Brasil and even the Golden Ball in the 1958 World Cup. Although what most people don't know is that he was the first person to call football "The Beautiful Game".

Real Madrid conceded fewer goals from set pieces than any side in LigaBBVA this season, with just 6.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:51 pm

hey crimson do you work for some kidn of sports network or something? whats with the statistiacal genius Very Happy?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:24 pm

The Madrid One wrote:hey crimson do you work for some kidn of sports network or something? whats with the statistiacal genius Very Happy?

Just a hobby, I am close to finishing my journalism degree though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:28 pm

nice.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Mesut Ozil equals Bodo Illgner's 27 victory record in his first year in the championship

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193040487651/1330061499453/noticia/Noticia/Most_victories_in_first_La_Liga_season.htm?w=2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Hey hey.. Cut off the personal insults gentlemen. Smile
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:Hey hey.. Cut off the personal insults gentlemen. Smile

Your abit late JD lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Yea i was lol..
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Way to break it up JD Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:48 pm

Nuri Sahin: Key Factors for Success in Madrid
http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/8kDFgQZcRESmSrkGCcTi4Q/Show/Nuri-Sahin-Key-Factors-for-Success-in-Madrid

Real Madrid’s summer signings kicked off with the capture of Borussia Dortmund playmaker Nuri Sahin in early May. Sahin’s performances last season have been heralded all over Europe and for the conservative sum of 10m Euros, Jose Mourinho looks to have a steal on his hands. So how will Sahin fit into the Madrid first XI? Will his displays be as impressive in Spain as they were in Germany? Here’s a look at some of the key factors:

Midfield Partner
Xabi Alonso will surely be the man to play alongside Sahin in defensive centre midfield and Alonso’s defensive stats are as impressive as his distribution; 3.2 Tackles and 2.8 Interceptions per game, combined with 1.62 Key Passes and an 85% Pass Accuracy saw the Spaniard pick up 6 Assists last term and perhaps set the standard for Mourinho’s “double pivot” requirements.

Alongside Alonso, new signing Sami Khedira failed to shine; just 1.9 Tackles and 2.1 Interceptions, with 0.88 Key Passes and 1 Assist is not in the least eye-catching. Lassana Diarra, the other alternative, fared better defensively (3.5 Tackles and 1.8 Interceptions) but like Khedira, lacked in creativity in comparison to Alonso, managing just 0.65 Key Passes per game.

Sahin, on the other hand, is more like Alonso; both destroyer and creator. His 3.8 Tackles and 2.2 Interceptions is superior to either Khedira or Diarra but, most importantly, his creativity is streets ahead; 3.47 Key Passes per game (while boosted by his set-piece duties) clearly shows Sahin’s eye for a pass and demonstrates the extra qualities Madrid’s midfield will possess with him on board.

Mourinhos’ Tactics
As shown, 4-2-3-1 was Madrid’s most familiar shape last season, with Jose Mourinho choosing the formation in 32 of the side’s 38 league matches. Sahin will have no trouble adjusting to the system, then, given 4-2-3-1 was also Dortmund’s system of choice. The only real question is whether Sahin plays on the left of the double pivot; he occupied that slot last season for Dortmund but Mourinho has tended to field Alonso in the same position, with either Khedira or Diarra to his right.

Real’s 8-1 home win over Almeria in the last game of the season, however, saw Mourinho field a 4-3-3 which allowed him to play Kaka, Alonso, Ozil, Ronaldo, Adebayor and Benzema in the starting XI and will perhaps give Jose food for thought in games against weaker sides, particularly at the Bernabeu.

Madrid v Dortmund Finishing
Madrid scored a fantastic 102 La Liga Goals last term, an average of 2.68 per game while Dortmund’s 67 Goals in 34 games was an average of 1.97. It’s an indication of the Spanish side’s superior finishing that even though Madrid averaged just 1 more Shot per game, 14 to Dortmund’s 13, they scored 0.71 more per match. Sahin picked up 8 Assists last term but even when set-pieces are inevitably taken away from him, his Key Passes, added to Madrid’s lethal front men, should see an increase in Assists.

A look at each side’s finishing shows that, of Dortmund’s most-used front four last season, young playmaker Mario Goetze averaged 1 Goal every 5.66 Shots, top scorer Lucas Barrios managed 1 Goal every 5.4 Shots, Kevin Großkreutz scored 1 every 5.52 Shots and Japanese star Shinji Kagawa was the most impressive, with 1 Goal every 4.05 Shots.

A comparison with Madrid’s most-used front four last season, shows just how more clinical the Spanish side were. Mezut Ozil, while scoring just 6 Goals, only had 0.8 Shots per game, meaning he scored 1 Goal every 4.8 Shots, only slightly worse than Ronaldo’s 1 per 4.75 Shots, despite the latter scoring 40 Goals. Karim Benzema was of a similar ratio, with 1 Goal per 4.62 Shots. Angel Di Maria is the weak link when it comes to converting chances; he averaged 1 Goal every 9.33 Shots, scoring 6 for the season. Throw in Gonzalo Higuain’s 1 per 4.08 and Kaka’s incredible 1 per 3.2 Shots, however, and Sahin should see more of the chances he creates ending in the back of the net this time round.

Madrid Left v Right
In terms of output, there’s a definite difference in both flanks. From the full-back position, Marcelo offers far much more threat going forward on the left than right-back Sergio Ramos. The Brazilian averages 0.88 Key Passes to Ramos’ 0.61 and makes 2.3 Successful Dribbles compared to just 0.3. It’s not as if Ramos isn’t attack-minded; he has scored 25 Goals for Real, with last season’s 3 his lowest ever total for the club. A better balance is perhaps required and regardless of whether Alonso or Sahin plays in the right of the double pivot, Ramos will clearly have a more cultured presence ahead of him in the centre, in comparison to Diarra or Khedira last term.

The same applies on the wings; Di Maria is equal to Ronaldo in many stats- he edges Key Passes 2 to 1.9, just loses out in Successful Dribbles (1.9 to Ronaldo’s 2.2) and made the same number of Assists, with 11. When it comes to goal threat, however, Ronaldo dominates; his 5.6 Shots per game to Di Maria’s 1.6 and 40 Goals to 6 a hugely substantial difference. Clearly, Di Maria doesn’t have the finishing ability of Ronaldo but with a more creative presence behind him playing quality Key Passes, Di Maria should increase his goals tally next season and better that poor goals return of 1 per 9.33 Shots.

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:37 am

Crimson wrote:
Midfield Partner
Xabi Alonso will surely be the man to play alongside Sahin in defensive centre midfield and Alonso’s defensive stats are as impressive as his distribution; 3.2 Tackles and 2.8 Interceptions per game, combined with 1.62 Key Passes and an 85% Pass Accuracy saw the Spaniard pick up 6 Assists last term and perhaps set the standard for Mourinho’s “double pivot” requirements.

Alongside Alonso, new signing Sami Khedira failed to shine; just 1.9 Tackles and 2.1 Interceptions, with 0.88 Key Passes and 1 Assist is not in the least eye-catching. Lassana Diarra, the other alternative, fared better defensively (3.5 Tackles and 1.8 Interceptions) but like Khedira, lacked in creativity in comparison to Alonso, managing just 0.65 Key Passes per game.

I'm curious where the stats of these key passes come from
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 am

alex mahone wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Midfield Partner

I'm curious where the stats of these key passes come from

Has Opta written all over it, there the only ones around that tend to write up stats like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:23 am

Can anyone tell me if the Spanish supercup goals and assists is actually part of the overall tally for players in the season?

Or is it like a friendly and does not mean anything.

I don't want opinions, I just want people who know either yes or no, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:34 am

Crimson wrote:Can anyone tell me if the Spanish supercup goals and assists is actually part of the overall tally for players in the season?

Or is it like a friendly and does not mean anything.

I don't want opinions, I just want people who know either yes or no, thanks Smile

according to my memory, no it doesnt as its still considered pre-season. id wait for one more response to be sure.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:00 am

It does count... kuz i remember Messi score 3-4 goals in last year's super cup.. and that gave him a head start and an edge over Ronaldo when they were competeing for most goals in all competitions ...
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:23 pm

Cool I'll add it to overall then

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:57 pm

You need to look at the site Crimson created Z. CR7 scored 53 goals on 365 shots (14.5%) while Benzema scored 26 on 118 shots (22%).

Nobody is saying that Benz is a better player than CR7. That's not the point. What we are saying in the other thread is that, statistically speaking, CR7 is really inefficient while Benz is very efficient.

In fact, Benz is only second to Messi in efficiency in La Liga and top 5 in Europe i would think

14.5% shooting efficiency is really awful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm well aware of crimson's great site. But you compare secondary stats like shooting efficiency when there is very little between two players.

Ronaldo scored 53 goals in one year I don't have to look at secondary stats.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm not going to argue with you z. But scoring efficiency is not a secondary stat. It's also pretty unhealthy on a team as talented as Madrid when one player takes that high a percentage of the shots.

It looked like CR7 was adapting this year through most of the preseason. Of course, that all went down the toilet in the supercopa... We'll see if he's more collective in the next few months.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:16 pm

you have to Z, because when Ronaldo decided to do his solo act at the end of the season to score some 13 goals, the season was over, and it was pretty useless. it was exciting for the fans, and it's an amazing record, but a pointless one. We want him to score so much in UCL and help him go through the rounds.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:19 pm

I give up with you guys LOL

Give me a call next time somebody scores 41 league goals then we can discuss if it isn't a big deal.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Zealous wrote:I give up with you guys LOL

Give me a call next time somebody scores 41 league goals then we can discuss if it isn't a big deal.

If it were anyone else, like anyone (Soldado, Negredo, Villa, Llorente), it would have been a big deal...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:50 pm

You have to take into consideration 50(roughly) of Ronaldo's shots were from free kicks, then alot of others were from long range.

Ronaldo (for the most part) played on the wings/midfield hence majority of his shots were from range and another large majority were taken with 2 or more players on him.

If he had played as a sole CF (like Messi/Benzema) in the box and had th3e ball played to him his % would be alot higher.

Similar stats are for Di Maria (Actually alot worse) and you can similiar shooting stats from other attacking wingers.

Fair enough Ronaldo takes alot more shots than most of them but its something to consider.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Crimson wrote:You have to take into consideration 50(roughly) of Ronaldo's shots were from free kicks, then alot of others were from long range.

Ronaldo (for the most part) played on the wings/midfield hence majority of his shots were from range and another large majority were taken with 2 or more players on him.

If he had played as a sole CF (like Messi/Benzema) in the box and had th3e ball played to him his % would be alot higher.

Similar stats are for Di Maria (Actually alot worse) and you can similiar shooting stats from other attacking wingers.

Fair enough Ronaldo takes alot more shots than most of them but its something to consider.

It's actually the sheer volume that bothers me the most. He took more shots than benzema, di Maria, ozil, ade and Higuain combined from what I recall (something like that). That's not very healthy for a team.

If CR7 accepted to move to CF, he would score 50 goals every season. First off, his pitch personality is perfect for it. Second, just due to the fact that he would receive the ball deeper, he wouldn't take as many wild and crazy shots. His efficiency would obviously be much better.

Sooner or later, he just needs to make the move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:You have to take into consideration 50(roughly) of Ronaldo's shots were from free kicks, then alot of others were from long range.

It's actually the sheer volume that bothers me the most. He took more shots than benzema, di Maria, ozil, ade and Higuain combined from what I recall (something like that). That's not very healthy for a team.

If CR7 accepted to move to CF, he would score 50 goals every season. First off, his pitch personality is perfect for it. Second, just due to the fact that he would receive the ball deeper, he wouldn't take as many wild and crazy shots. His efficiency would obviously be much better.

Sooner or later, he just needs to make the move.

Agreed and we have the players to open space for him as well, Benzema plays very well drifting in from the left and Higuain does an equally good job drifting in from the right.

Also have the likes of Di Maria and Ozil etc etc

I think it would be an excellent move

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next