guest7
EarlyPrototype
Onyx
alex mahone
shaven
33 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Real Madrid Statistics and Records - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid Statistics and Records

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Crimson wrote:Against Getafe Benzema’s distribution was also exceptional as he played 30 passes, he was the side’s main creator on Saturday evening, with an incredible 7 key passes (Fábio Coentrão was second best with 3). Benzema had an 87% pass accuracy, played 3 through balls and delivered 2 crosses.

Considering the risk he takes on a good number of his passes, that's amazing.

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid Statistics and Records - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid Statistics and Records

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:21 am

sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:Against Getafe Benzema’s distribution was also exceptional as he played 30 passes, he was the side’s main creator on Saturday evening, with an incredible 7 key passes (Fábio Coentrão was second best with 3). Benzema had an 87% pass accuracy, played 3 through balls and delivered 2 crosses.

Considering the risk he takes on a good number of his passes, that's amazing.

In the stats world of football having 7 key passes when you only had 30 total is freaking unheard of.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:06 pm

With a goal every 62 minutes, Karim Benzema had the best mins/goal ratio in the 2010/11 Champions League.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:22 pm

and people were telling me Benz has no creativity at all
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Forget the general section... they have their own biases and actually don't watch games outside their league regularly other than the big matchups or CL.

Honest question: Would anyone here exchange the Benzema of today for the Villa of today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Btw Crimmy, you should see the argument i'm having with Dani about stats in the "benz v villa" discussion. The discussion revolved around who is better today. Apparently, stats are less than 50% of the equation for strikers and "feelings" are more important. When i ask to explain to me how Villa so much more impactful on the field to make for his stat deficit... i get that he was fantastic in the WC and did very well in the first half of the season last year, which of course has nothing to do with today. It's funny. It goes on and on...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:Btw Crimmy, you should see the argument i'm having with Dani about stats in the "benz v villa" discussion. The discussion revolved around who is better today. Apparently, stats are less than 50% of the equation for strikers and "feelings" are more important. When i ask to explain to me how Villa so much more impactful on the field to make for his stat deficit... i get that he was fantastic in the WC and did very well in the first half of the season last year, which of course has nothing to do with today. It's funny. It goes on and on...

I don't argue with Dani, to me he seems a very differnt poster to the one that started on these forums, I just keep out of his way. It dosen't seem worth it.

People forget Villa went like 4 months without scoring.

I would in no way exchange Villa for Benzema. Benzema at 29 will eclipse Villa by a fair margin imo. The fact he is already being discussed as better when Villa is at his peak and Benzema is not says it all.

Benzema's stats are amazing some of the most impressive I have seen in a striker in the last 4-5 years. Very similar to Rooney, but more of a Rooney/Ronaldo hybrid.

But we have to remember strikers usually don't peak till around 27. Pretty amazing what he is doing atm. As for the World Cup, Villa has the best players in the world servicing him the ball and Benzema has no one pretty much.

I was talking to one of the guys that runs the accounts for Opta Europe the other day and he was saying there is a big buzz and amazement about the numbers being put out by Benzema it's pretty crazy the difference he has had this year compared to last, even Castrol are saying the same things.

I must admit he has turned me around, still love Higuain and my ultimate ideal is them playing together. But we will see.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:Forget the general section... they have their own biases and actually don't watch games outside their league regularly other than the big matchups or CL.

Honest question: Would anyone here exchange the Benzema of today for the Villa of today?

No way by the time Benz is 29 Villa wont even be mentioned in the same breath. Right now they are very close though.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:Forget the general section... they have their own biases and actually don't watch games outside their league regularly other than the big matchups or CL.

Probably should make a thread for this topic, don't wanna spoil this nice thread with a rather tedious debate but I digress. I would not trade a 23 year old potentially great striker with a 29 year old striker who is on his last legs. David Villa is still a great striker but I wouldn't do such a thing now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:04 pm

PS good news guys website should be done for the new season hopefully before the start of the game (and up to date)

We will see I'm trying my hardest been very busy (am still very busy) of late

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Doc wrote:

Probably should make a thread for this topic, don't wanna spoil this nice thread with a rather tedious debate but I digress. I would not trade a 23 year old potentially great striker with a 29 year old striker who is on his last legs. David Villa is still a great striker but I wouldn't do such a thing now.

I don't want to show Dani up like that in a unique thread. It's just a disagreement based on perspective and biases. I'll start another one where i take out my philosophical differences with Dani.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:13 pm

Crimson wrote:PS good news guys website should be done for the new season hopefully before the start of the game (and up to date)

Thanks dude. You have no idea how much work you're saving me. The number of spreadsheets i have from last year is frightening... fiance thinks i'm crazy lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Crimson wrote:PS good news guys website should be done for the new season hopefully before the start of the game (and up to date)

Thanks dude. You have no idea how much work you're saving me. The number of spreadsheets i have from last year is frightening... fiance thinks i'm crazy lol.

Yeah you should see my desk!

LOL Looks like an Opta work office!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Website is now up and up to date with last seasons stats as well

go enjoy frolic:

http://www.realmadridstats.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:07 pm

It looks good Crimson. DIdn't notice any broken links.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:It looks good Crimson. DIdn't notice any broken links.

Thanks sportsczy

With that I'm off to do other work

May sleep one day in the future, prob not lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:59 pm

Crimson just in case you didn't know we really appreciate what your efforts with that site.

Kudos man, all of them, to you.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:06 pm

Zealous wrote:Crimson just in case you didn't know we really appreciate what your efforts with that site.

Kudos man, all of them, to you.

Thank you very much means alot, it may not look pretty (I have no idea about coding or web design lmao) but it gets the job done nicely Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Di Maria has scored our first goal in the Champions League for the second year in a row lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:12 pm

It's funny how Di Maria is crap and awesome at the same time LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:26 pm

Zealous wrote:It's not funny how Di Maria is crap

Fixed it for you mate. Very Happy
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Respect the man to gave you the three points today bro.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:30 am

Crimson wrote:Di Maria has scored our first goal in the Champions League for the second year in a row lol

hmm
Wasn't it Anita (own goal) who has scored our first goal in the CL last season ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:20 am

banana new smileys are fun.

on topic though: cant wait to see us fill out some of those stats for this year.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:18 am

Against Dinamo Zagreb 45% of our attacking movement was through the left hand side compared to 27% through the middle and 28% through the right.

Edit: Also 36% of our shots were from outside the box in comparison to 64% inside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:22 pm

Karim Benzema is yet to draw a single foul in all 3 games so far this season

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next