It is not "Athletico" it is "Atletico" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+21
hrealmadrid
Quinten Metsys
Busby Babe
S32TABLANCA
Freeza
Nirgal
M99
Brigate Rossonere
spanky
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
Babun
Senor Penguin
halamadrid2
Red Alert
Swanhends
Giggslegend
Vibe
Mr Nick09
InterMalia
wigglesworth
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It is not "Athletico" it is "Atletico" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: It is not "Athletico" it is "Atletico" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by wigglesworth Thu 16 Jun - 16:54:16

halamadrid2 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:Or in Castellano:

"El Athletic Club es un club de fútbol español de la villa de Bilbao, en la provincia de Vizcaya. Fue fundado en 1898 y juega en la Primera División Española."

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Club

they actually use both, athletic club is their nickname in short actually

how about that

No, they do not use both officially. The official and legal name is "Athletic Club", it is not their nickname. Their nickname is Athletic Bilbao.

You are incorrect. As I said, do not argue with me, you will lose.

wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

It is not "Athletico" it is "Atletico" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: It is not "Athletico" it is "Atletico" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 16 Jun - 17:10:24

wigglesworth wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

"El Athletic Club es un club de fútbol español de la villa de Bilbao, en la provincia de Vizcaya. Fue fundado en 1898 y juega en la Primera División Española."

how about that

No, they do not use both officially. The official and legal name is "Athletic Club", it is not their nickname. Their nickname is Athletic Bilbao.

their real name is athletic bilbao but they have many nicknames, and their most modern name is athletic club de bilbao

In 1902 the two Bilbao clubs formed a combined team, known as Bizcaya, in the first Copa del Rey. They returned with the trophy after defeating FC Barcelona in the final. This would lead to the eventual merger of the two clubs as Athletic Club in 1903

In 1941 the club changed its name to Atlético Bilbao, following a decree issued by Franco, banning the use of non-Spanish language names and scrapping the policy of only letting Basque-born players in the team (see origins of the "grandparent rule").

In 1977 the club reached the UEFA Cup final, only losing on away goals to Juventus. By now the club had reverted to using the name Athletic Bilbao.

straight from wikipedia

and they obviously dont include the "club de" bit, because thatd be the same as us including the "club de fotbal" in our name and we dont
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Thu 16 Jun - 17:20:04

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This thread has my full endorsement.

Also, it's not claSsico it's clasico!
And the C in Barca is pronounced like an S!

That's because it's not a c it's a ç
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 16 Jun - 17:30:38

It's Athletic Club http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=2&b=1&c=1&d=0&idi=2 just look at the official site
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu 16 Jun - 17:47:21

halamadrid2 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

how about that

their real name is athletic bilbao but they have many nicknames, and their most modern name is athletic club de bilbao

In 1902 the two Bilbao clubs formed a combined team, known as Bizcaya, in the first Copa del Rey. They returned with the trophy after defeating FC Barcelona in the final. This would lead to the eventual merger of the two clubs as Athletic Club in 1903

In 1941 the club changed its name to Atlético Bilbao, following a decree issued by Franco, banning the use of non-Spanish language names and scrapping the policy of only letting Basque-born players in the team (see origins of the "grandparent rule").

In 1977 the club reached the UEFA Cup final, only losing on away goals to Juventus. By now the club had reverted to using the name Athletic Bilbao.

straight from wikipedia

and they obviously dont include the "club de" bit, because thatd be the same as us including the "club de fotbal" in our name and we dont

Wikipedia is not very reliable, as you may or may not know, I can go in an edit an entry incorrectly and it could stay that way until someone with knowledge corrects it.

You are just making a fool of yourself to everyone reading this thread.

The official and legal name is Athletic Club. Now please stop it.

From the club's Website:

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=2&b=1&c=1&d=0&idi=2

Club's Name: Athletic Club
Founded: 1898
Headquarters: Ibaigane, Alameda Mazarredo, 23 - 48009 Bilbao
Phone: 94 424 08 77 - 94 424 08 78
Fax: 94 423 33 24
Number of Members: 35.321
Budget 2009-10 58.693.000 euros
Seasons in "Primera División": All of them

Stadium:
San Mamés
Felipe Serrate s/n
Phone: 94 441 14 45
Inaugurated on the 21 of august of 1913
Dimensions: 103 x 68 metres
Training pitches: Athletic Club's Installations - Garaioltza 147 - 48196 Lezama (Bizkaia)
Phone: 94 455 60 88
Fax: 94 455 50 04

wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 16 Jun - 17:55:21

Freeza wrote:It's Athletic Club http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=2&b=1&c=1&d=0&idi=2 just look at the official site

they only use that, because back in the days there were 2 clubs in bilbao, one was athletic club and one bilbao FC

so they are just referring to their ORIGINAL name to avoid confusement, but again their most modern name is ACDB
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu 16 Jun - 18:39:21

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This thread has my full endorsement.

Also, it's not claSsico it's clasico!
And the C in Barca is pronounced like an S!

I have actually met someone saying 'Barca' like the Italian word for boat. Pretty funny.

Madrid are now the team with the most mistakable pronounciations with Sahin and Callejon. The ammout of times Ive heared 'CasiLLas'...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Thu 16 Jun - 18:58:03

How is Sahin pronounced?
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu 16 Jun - 19:38:17

halamadrid2 wrote:
Freeza wrote:It's Athletic Club http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=2&b=1&c=1&d=0&idi=2 just look at the official site

they only use that, because back in the days there were 2 clubs in bilbao, one was athletic club and one bilbao FC

so they are just referring to their ORIGINAL name to avoid confusement, but again their most modern name is ACDB

No, they don't "just use it" it is the official name of the club registered with the football association and with the fiscal authorities.

You don't know what you are talking about.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu 16 Jun - 20:11:02

wigglesworth wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:no actually Athletic Club de Bilbao to be more precise

You really should not argue with me.

"Athletic Club", commonly known as Athletic Bilbao, is a football club from Bilbao in Biscay, Basque Country."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao

wigglesworth wrote:

Wikipedia is not very reliable, as you may or may not know, I can go in an edit an entry incorrectly and it could stay that way until someone with knowledge corrects it.

From the club's Website:

Stadium:
San Mamés
Felipe Serrate s/n
Training pitches: Athletic Club's Installations - Garaioltza 147 - 48196 Lezama (Bizkaia)

Then why use it yourself?
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 16 Jun - 20:12:39

Saetablanca wrote:I have actually met someone saying 'Barca' like the Italian word for boat. Pretty funny.

Madrid are now the team with the most mistakable pronounciations with Sahin and Callejon. The ammout of times Ive heared 'CasiLLas'...
A common sight for me in the US. "Oh, you support BarCa too?" :facepalm:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu 16 Jun - 20:27:49

ronaldo__9 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:no actually Athletic Club de Bilbao to be more precise

You really should not argue with me.

"Athletic Club", commonly known as Athletic Bilbao, is a football club from Bilbao in Biscay, Basque Country."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletic_Bilbao

wigglesworth wrote:

From the club's Website:

Stadium:
San Mamés
Felipe Serrate s/n

Then why use it yourself?

I didn't use Wikipedia. The information above is from the club's website. So, you want to look stupid too?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu 16 Jun - 20:29:51

wigglesworth wrote:

I didn't use Wikipedia. The information above is from the club's website. So, you want to look stupid too?

So, why would you post a Wikipedia link underneath?
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu 16 Jun - 20:30:25

In the first quoted post you post a wiki link whereas in the next quoted post u say,Wiki is not reliable!

I guess Ronaldo_9 was trying to point that out!!
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu 16 Jun - 20:31:11

Nirgal wrote:How is Sahin pronounced?

It's pronouced sHahin.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu 16 Jun - 20:37:32

ernie_schwarz wrote:In the first quoted post you post a wiki link whereas in the next quoted post u say,Wiki is not reliable!

Ronaldo_9 quoted the club site I posted, not the wiki link.

My point is that the official and legal name of the club is Athletic Club. What is your point?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu 16 Jun - 20:39:07

ronaldo__9 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

So, why would you post a Wikipedia link underneath?

I didn't post a Wikipedia link underneath the club info. It is a link to the Club's website. Sheesh what dummies.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu 16 Jun - 20:40:04

ernie_schwarz wrote:In the first quoted post you post a wiki link whereas in the next quoted post u say,Wiki is not reliable!

This. That's why I quoted him twice, it doesn't let me highlight a link in red.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu 16 Jun - 20:43:13

ronaldo__9 wrote:

So, I provided two sources, the Club site and Wikipedia that indicate that the official and legal name of the club is "Athletic Club".

Do you think that the official and legal name of the club is other than "Athletic Club"?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu 16 Jun - 20:49:20

wigglesworth wrote:
ronaldo__9 wrote:

So, I provided two sources, the Club site and Wikipedia that indicate that the official and legal name of the club is "Athletic Club".

Do you think that the official and legal name of the club is other than "Athletic Club"?

No, I don't but that's not the point. In your first point you used Wikipedia as your reference, than ridiculed Halamadrid for doing the same.

Anyway, forget this, it's a pointless argument.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu 16 Jun - 21:01:42

ive heard announcers pronounce chivu "chee - vu" and ive heard then pronounce it "kee - vu"

i thought it was the latter

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Thu 16 Jun - 21:05:55

ronaldo__9 wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:
ronaldo__9 wrote:

No, I don't but that's not the point. In your first point you used Wikipedia as your reference, than ridiculed Halamadrid for doing the same.

Anyway, forget this, it's a pointless argument.

I didn't ridicule Halamadrid, I explained that entries that are correct could be changed by a Wiki editor at any time and that it might take some time for the correction to be made. Plus he did not quote the same Wiki article that I quoted, or else he would have correctly discovered that the official and legal name of the club is "Athletic Club".
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 16 Jun - 21:23:22

wigglesworth wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

No, they don't "just use it" it is the official name of the club registered with the football association and with the fiscal authorities.

You don't know what you are talking about.

so you havent read my explanation of that

and btw so everyone one that calls them ACDB are just taking a name out of their backside then huh??? anyways iam finished

agree to disagree
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 16 Jun - 21:26:13

wigglesworth wrote:
ronaldo__9 wrote:

but i used the same link to say otherwise, i guess you dont read your own links..

they had 2 f!cking clubs in bilbao back then ffs...how hard is it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu 16 Jun - 21:36:33

hrealmadrid wrote:
It's pronouced sHahin.

No, it's pronounced 'Sha-een'

Also, apart from the most obvious mistakes (people not knowing how to pronounce the Spanish 'l' and accents on vowels), the million varieties of Higuain really annoy me.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Thu 16 Jun - 21:38:04

Saetablanca wrote:

hrealmadrid wrote:
It's pronouced sHahin.

No, it's pronounced 'Sha-een'

Also, apart from the most obvious mistakes (people not knowing how to pronounce the Spanish 'l' and accents on vowels), the million varieties of Higuain really annoy me.

That's what I meant dude, I figured that part was obvious. Just wanted to emphasize the SHa rather than Sa
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next