lucianomoggi
Il Pinguino
elm_baraja_shaman
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
The_ItalianFool
10 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Conte Emphasizes the important of mentality - Page 3 Empty Re: Conte Emphasizes the important of mentality

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:24 am

Luca wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:I think we also need to define what a valid source is, because apparently media and ex-cons are valid sources in Canada.
Ahh I guess thats why people from around the world come to the US (particularly NY) to learn.
Damn and here I am thinking they all come here to watch Jersey Shore and join the guido sensation

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

shame on you guys trying to make fun of someone's educational age, not all fingers are the same, the fact that the average college student u know graduates by 21 doesn't mean everyone must....

in my sophomore year, I took a psyc class with an 82 yr old woman, and am talking undergrad yr.

oh but left to people like you guys she shouldn't be given a chance is it.

Tell me have u even had a graduate degree? Thinking about taking one, or you cut your education short after undergrad level to pay student loans?

I know a whole bunch of friends and even majority of my family are pHd holders and not even they would make that fun of someone..........

:facepalm: shame indeed.....

p.s: am a pre-med student soon to go to med school in college in PA and from NJ just to put it out there b4 u take it out on me too....

Wow, I did not even see that post they made, just incredible.
To clarify, Canada, too, has a ton of international students that come to university or college here
lol'd at the 'valid sources' argument

Well put Elm, shame indeed, honestly.
How is your school going?
I'm in my second year of legal studies here, wanting to major in the 'Way of the Pepe' with a minor in Italian so I can play for Juventus (once I am fluent enough for 500 minutes of play time, I will make the trip to Torino :dance: )

haha...

school is going well, few more weeks to finals....

am not supporting Sciacca's arguments but when I see such stupid shots at making fun of someone, it just sets me off....

and considering I know NY very well, I would tell you that the immense diversity over there doesn't even guarantee a 70% undergrad graduating class average age of 21...... not to mention how it has been made to seem 100% in this thread :facepalm:

p.s: best of luck in your quest to get an education to last 500 mins under Conte.... cheers

elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Conte Emphasizes the important of mentality - Page 3 Empty Re: Conte Emphasizes the important of mentality

Post by Il Pinguino Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:49 am

elmystique wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:I think we also need to define what a valid source is, because apparently media and ex-cons are valid sources in Canada.
Ahh I guess thats why people from around the world come to the US (particularly NY) to learn.
Damn and here I am thinking they all come here to watch Jersey Shore and join the guido sensation

shame on you guys trying to make fun of someone's educational age, not all fingers are the same, the fact that the average college student u know graduates by 21 doesn't mean everyone must....

in my sophomore year, I took a psyc class with an 82 yr old woman, and am talking undergrad yr.

Tell me have u even had a graduate degree? Thinking about taking one, or you cut your education short after undergrad level to pay student loans?

I know a whole bunch of friends and even majority of my family are pHd holders and not even they would make that fun of someone..........

p.s: am a pre-med student soon to go to med school in college in PA and from NJ just to put it out there b4 u take it out on me too....
You misunderstood the post and are making it seem 100x worse then it actually is.I'm 21 and a junior so I didn't mean it in an insulting way as I would simply be insulting myself. If your in college yourself and have ever written a standard paper, then you know exactly what I mean about valid and invalid sources.

This was brought up simply because as far as i knew he is also a college student.
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t12287-i-m-leaving-for-italy-again-soon-lots-of-things-goingon

The only thing is their education system is a tad different. So don't blow it out of proportion because that is what it appears you are doing.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:07 am

Il Pinguino wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:

You misunderstood the post and are making it seem 100x worse then it actually is.I'm 21 and a junior so I didn't mean it in an insulting way as I would simply be insulting myself. If your in college yourself and have ever written a standard paper, then you know exactly what I mean about valid and invalid sources.

This was brought up simply because as far as i knew he is also a college student.
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t12287-i-m-leaving-for-italy-again-soon-lots-of-things-goingon

The only thing is their education system is a tad different. So don't blow it out of proportion because that is what it appears you are doing.

Il Pinguino wrote:
you normally graduate by 21 bacala

Didn't you just go to Italy as part of your university?

Il Pinguino wrote:

"Would you have me describe it to you, or shall I get you a box?" -Legolas to Gimli at the War of Helm's Deep.
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:«È inevitabile che con Krasic stiamo lavorando in maniera intensa, ha ancora qualche problemino con la lingua, ma è un giocatore che ha sicuramente delle qualità e sta a me cercare di tirargliele fuori in tutti i modi»

Conte confirmed it's all tactical, thank you very much

" ha ancora qualche problemino con la lingua"

"It is inevitable that we are working intensely with Krasic, he still has some problems with the language, but he is definitely a player who has the qualities and it's up to me to try to pull them off in every way "

You can say its tactical all you want. There's only one way to get tactics to work. Think about it. It's really not that hard.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:18 am

elmystique wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:

Il Pinguino wrote:
you normally graduate by 21 bacala

Didn't you just go to Italy as part of your university?

Il Pinguino wrote:

"Would you have me describe it to you, or shall I get you a box?" -Legolas to Gimli at the War of Helm's Deep.

Perhaps you did not read my last post fully. I said it was not an insult. What is the normal age of freshman college students in the USA? Not everyone starts the same I know that. But the normal age is 18. That is the time students here are supposed to graduate high school and go to college. The misunderstanding here is that in Canada College is a per-requisite to University as it seems they separate the two.
This still does not change the fact that he is indeed a college student. However If you felt I was insulting because of the use of a few facepalms then thats too bad as I have to read through a couple hundred everyday daily on here. Never did I insult him for not graduating by 21 as you make it seem.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:26 am

Il Pinguino wrote:

I particularly took a keen interest in the above, perhaps you might have need to enlighten me a bit on there my good sire....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:14 am

elmystique wrote:Il Pinguino wrote:

I particularly took a keen interest in the above, perhaps you might have need to enlighten me a bit on there my good sire....
I have met countless students come to the US to study abroad from countries like Israel, Chile, England, China and a couple others. They all generally say the same thing. The US schooling system is better then in their country and they like the opportunity here much more. Not saying the US is the best place on earth but there is also a reason people come here to make a living. Just look at the medical field. People generally come here to be doctors. NYC is amazing because of its diversity. People come here for a reason. It's not one of the most famous cities on the planet for nothing.
I'm am in no way insulting his educational level or the educational system of Canada or other countries, but rather pointing out the opportunity that lies here. In case you haven't realized Sciacca has had a very stereotypical perspective on New Yorkers. You can tell by the way he tends to label us. Care to comment on that?
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 am

Il Pinguino wrote:

I have met countless students come to the US to study abroad from countries like Israel, Chile, England, China and a couple others. They all generally say the same thing. The US schooling system is better then in their country and they like the opportunity here much more. Not saying the US is the best place on earth but there is also a reason people come here to make a living. Just look at the medical field. People generally come here to be doctors. NYC is amazing because of its diversity. People come here for a reason. It's not one of the most famous cities on the planet for nothing.
I'm am in no way insulting his educational level or the educational system of Canada or other countries, but rather pointing out the opportunity that lies here. In case you haven't realized Sciacca has had a very stereotypical perspective on New Yorkers. You can tell by the way he tends to label us. Care to comment on that?

if u have taken a keen notice, I don't hesitate to hammer Sciacca when he rants about NY-kers, stereotype Americans, goes on his nationalism canter etc....

but your comment above was unacceptable, remove the You vs Sciacca as a shade cover curtain to spew that nonsense...... it is no way acceptable on a football [soccer forum].

If you did not realize I didn't comment on what the initial caucus was which I found Sciacca to be in the wrong until you, Italianfool and one other sought to mock him on an educational level.

I will not take any side here but truth be told you guys sought to mock him whether you deny it or not and that was dumb.

It is better accepting it, apologizing and moving on...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:05 am

elmystique wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:

if u have taken a keen notice, I don't hesitate to hammer Sciacca when he rants about NY-kers, stereotype Americans, goes on his nationalism canter etc....

but your comment above was unacceptable, remove the You vs Sciacca as a shade cover curtain to spew that nonsense...... it is no way acceptable on a football [soccer forum].

If you did not realize I didn't comment on what the initial caucus was which I found Sciacca to be in the wrong until you, Italianfool and one other sought to mock him on an educational level.

I will not take any side here but truth be told you guys sought to mock him whether you deny it or not and that was dumb.

There was no mockery on an educational level. I had no intentions of doing so. The point was simply to show that a student at his age should still know the difference between what is and is not credible. You simply misunderstood. You have the right to feel how you want about the situation and I respect that. However there will be no apology as there was nothing insulting about that remark. Lets not get into what should and should not be on a football forum as this was nothing compared to what has been said on here in the past.

And I don't sought to mock anybody FYI. My purpose is to call out the bullshit that has plagued this forum. Had Sciacca just given his source instead of playing the diversion game for 3 pages all would have been avoided. :coffee:
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Il Pinguino wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:

There was no mockery on an educational level. I had no intentions of doing so. The point was simply to show that a student at his age should still know the difference between what is and is not credible. You simply misunderstood. You have the right to feel how you want about the situation and I respect that. However there will be no apology as there was nothing insulting about that remark. Lets not get into what should and should not be on a football forum as this was nothing compared to what has been said on here in the past.

And I don't sought to mock anybody FYI. My purpose is to call out the bullshit that has plagued this forum.
Had Sciacca just given his source instead of playing the diversion game for 3 pages all would have been avoided. :coffee:
My agenda!
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Il Pinguino wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:«È inevitabile che con Krasic stiamo lavorando in maniera intensa, ha ancora qualche problemino con la lingua, ma è un giocatore che ha sicuramente delle qualità e sta a me cercare di tirargliele fuori in tutti i modi»

"It is inevitable that we are working intensely with Krasic, he still has some problems with the language, but he is definitely a player who has the qualities and it's up to me to try to pull them off in every way "

You can say its tactical all you want. There's only one way to get tactics to work. Think about it. It's really not that hard.

Bacala, it's because of him not knowing the language making it hard for Krasic to learn the tactics, the certain movements he wants. You don't remember Krasic being yelled at by Conte because he didn't know what he was saying, well there you go. Now please, stop being idiotic. If you can't realize that the language barrier between the two is tactical and not mental, then you simply have no idea what your talking about. Now I can go on and on, but it will just be me repeating myself. As much as I love to say here and chat with you, I'm getting ready to leave tonight for the Cesena game.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Il Pinguino wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:

I think you're right, it is different where Sciacca is (Quebec) but where me and JNC are (Ontario) I don't think it is much different

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:26 pm

As for Elm, your right. But hey, let them expose themselves, sadly for Fab I'm not clear enough with their goals and objectives.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Its clear that Pepe has a stronger mentality than Krasic. There is no way around that. This is more of a compliment to Pepe than a negative to Krasic, as Pepe has one of the strongest mentalities around in modern football.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:56 pm

I want civil and clean talk here or this thread gonna be locked and ppl warned
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Eivindo wrote:Its clear that Pepe has a stronger mentality than Krasic. There is no way around that. This is more of a compliment to Pepe than a negative to Krasic, as Pepe has one of the strongest mentalities around in modern football.

overrated quality in my opinion, I agree that Pepe has a strong mentality but that should be a given for professional footballers, especially when they play for prestigious clubs
By overrated I do not mean that mentality is not important, it is very important. I mean it should be a given for players at this level, even if that is not the case

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:04 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
Il Pinguino wrote:

Bacala, it's because of him not knowing the language making it hard for Krasic to learn the tactics, the certain movements he wants. You don't remember Krasic being yelled at by Conte because he didn't know what he was saying, well there you go. Now please, stop being idiotic. If you can't realize that the language barrier between the two is tactical and not mental, then you simply have no idea what your talking about. Now I can go on and on, but it will just be me repeating myself. As much as I love to say here and chat with you, I'm getting ready to leave tonight for the Cesena game.

So I am idiotic because I do not agree with your opinion? Thats good man. Anybody else insulted by this?

But back on topic, you just said it yourself Bacala. Krasic doesn't know the language therefore he cannot learn the tactics fully. This is a mental sort of problem. Don't you see that language is the barrier here, in your own explanation! First part of this post you say he does not know the language that he cannot learn the tactics but you say its the tactics that are the problem. He cannot adjust because he does not understand fully therefore making it harder. You can go on and repeat yourself all you want you just proved me right. Not knowing the language is a mental barrier.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:45 am

How the hell is him not understanding the language well a mental problem? Mental problems would be going under stress, paranoia, depression, etc... him not knowing a language is not mental ...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:56 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:How the hell is him not understanding the language well a mental problem? Mental problems would be going under stress, paranoia, depression, etc... him not knowing a language is not mental ...
You are thinking mental in a different way dude. I am speaking about mental in a motivational sense. His mind is not in the game entirely. If it was he would know Italian by now. And to be honest he could very well be going under stress. The man is not playing and players like him want to play every game.

How can you understand these tactics if you cant understand your coaches directions fully?
And more importantly how can your tactics succeed if you don't have players hungry enough to execute them?
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:02 am

You're thinking too provincial to be honest
What about Vidal, Estigarribia, they hopped off the plane and instantly knew Italian?
And no, there are similarities between Spanish and Italian but not enough that one would understand your coaches directions fully

Krasic is not a preferred player of Conte, leave it at that in my opinion- much better than mass speculation

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:03 am

So Krasic not understanding a language clearly is a motivational problem... ? How does this make sense ?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:03 am

Luca wrote:You're thinking too provincial to be honest
What about Vidal, Estigarribia, they hopped off the plane and instantly knew Italian?
And no, there are similarities between Spanish and Italian but not enough that one would understand your coaches directions fully

Krasic is not a preferred player of Conte, leave it at that in my opinion- much better than mass speculation

Perfectly said
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:08 am

Luca wrote:You're thinking too provincial to be honest

You are right because Spanish and Italian are very similar. I speak both and there are times at work where I need to speak spanish but mix it up with my Italian and they still understand me. The thing about Vidal and Esti though are that both are harder workers on the pitch. Vidal is all over the place.
I agree that Krasic is not a favorite of Conte, and I believe a part of that is Krasics lack of backtracking. So when you get a player that isn't working hard on the pitch(in a backtracking sense) and doesn't understand the language fully even after a year in Italy the coach is put in an odd position when he has players at his disposal that work hard and understand the tactics.

The fact that Krasic has been with Juve for a full season and doesn't know Italian by now shows a lack of effort imo.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:12 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:So Krasic not understanding a language clearly is a motivational problem... ? How does this make sense ?
He's been in Italy for a full season. There is no excuse here. If he has not somewhat adapted to Italian culture or picked up the language that is a lack of effort on his part as he is surrounded by Italians on a daily basis.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:25 am

Makes no difference, him not understanding the Tactics and him having to rely on his few techincal abilities makes him tactically broken in Serie A, plain and simple. And you also agreed upon that, so let's not claim it's a mental issue shall we...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:32 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Makes no difference, him not understanding the Tactics and him having to rely on his few techincal abilities makes him tactically broken in Serie A, plain and simple. And you also agreed upon that, so let's not claim it's a mental issue shall we...
Wrong. I agreed that he does not exactly have the technical abilities to succeed here. However there is plenty of room for improvement. This process would be made much easier had he learned the language by now.
Do you see how this chain works?
His lack of motivation to learn the language has resulted in his own stunt of growth within our tactics. It has prevented him to being able to change his personal game to that of our teams.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next