Swanhends
Gil
AttacanteBG
35 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pato vs Balotelli - Page 2 Empty Re: Pato vs Balotelli

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo 19/11/2011, 00:03

AttacanteBG wrote:Balotelli is a player who can play better with his back turned to goal. He can hold up ball better and provide beter link-up play.

Pato on the other side is much faster and have great finishing.

For now, Pato established himself more as a big game player.

I'm sorry? But Pato is a better finisher... are you kidding me...? Balotelli is a better finisher and I don't even have to explain why. Most of his goals prove and show that and some show more style. Don't even get me started with goals he's scored from 30 + yards out, something Pato rarely does as you claim that he's a better finisher, that is false.

As for being faster? Debatable, however Balotelli is very fast player nonetheless, in comparison Pato is just a bit faster. So in comparing them with pace, I'd find it very irrelavent.

Balotelli has estabilised himself a big name player many times. Playing for Inter and Man City alone already proves him that. Him being the best u20 player does it. Him being man of the match at the FA Cup does it. His succeses with both clubs winning a series a cups and not to mention his current records with Man City. Being the best youth player in the EPL, winning award for it. In addition being the one player now Italy put full responsbility of.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG 19/11/2011, 00:07

Luca wrote:I'd say Balotelli is a big game player
Man of the match in the FA cup final
Brace against United
Some good performances for Italy
Helped Inter in the champions league (FK vs. Rubin, good performance against Barcelona if I recall correctly)

Pato is good too

There is not much between them but I think Balotelli ends up the better player, and right now is showing that

Right now Pato is injured, so he can't prove anything.

Stoke game isn't really one of the bigest matches, what good perfmorances for Italy? Game vs Rubin?

Pato scoring against Inter, brace vs Roma...Then scoring against both Real Madird and Barcelona in CL
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca 19/11/2011, 00:12

Poland, Spain before that even against Uruguay he was the most threatening Italian player constantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbQ0XYhGLn0&feature=related
this goal v. Rubin in the CL

Exactly, Pato is injured and Balotelli is flying, why are you surprised that people are rating him better?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG 19/11/2011, 00:24

I'm sorry? But Pato is a better finisher... are you kidding me...? Balotelli is a better finisher and I don't even have to explain why. Most of his goals prove and show that and some show more style. Don't even get me started with goals he's scored from 30 + yards out, something Pato rarely does as you claim that he's a better finisher, that is false.

Yes, Pato is better finisher.

And because i see you dont know that, scoring occasional goals from distance doesn't mean he is better at finishing, it means he is better at long shots.

Number of converted chances speak in it's matter and that is thing where Pato is undoubtly better then Balotelli.

As for being faster? Debatable, however Balotelli is very fast player nonetheless, in comparison Pato is just a bit faster. So in comparing them with pace, I'd find it very irrelavent.

No, it is not debatable, Pato is much faster. And its not irrelavent, it means that Pato can get behind defences much faster, and can be better at counter attacking.

Balotelli has estabilised himself a big name player many times. Playing for Inter and Man City alone already proves him that.

So playing for Manchester City and Inter is a thing that makes big game player. Now i know Obafemi Martins and Paul Vonchope are the best big game players out there.

Further being the biggest talent, best u20 player, scoring against Stoke or scoring for Italy in friendly doesnt make big game player.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano 19/11/2011, 01:00

Pato is back now, lets see what he does against Fiorentina
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky 19/11/2011, 02:03

It's not enough to say that Pato has been given more chances, it has to be made clear that Pato has earnt his playing time at a big club. His injury problems however have prohibited him from living up to his potential, however when I say this I'm referring to the quality of his general play, not his potency as a goal scorer. Pato hasn't hit highs in terms of goal scoring in Serie A yet in a single season, however it's in much the same way that RvP was limited for years and mocked by some for being rated so highly when he couldn't return 20 goals in the league in a season. Pato is still an elite league goal scorer, however in Europe he still needs to prove himself. Balotelli must do this as well of course.

Balotelli is an ice cold finisher as well, however Pato has the track record of a few years at the top compared to Balotelli being forced to live unfairly off scraps by his coaches, though he always managed to chalk up goals. As finishers, they're equal, however Pato simply has the history in his game already.

Pato's main problem is that he was always fairly visionless and the interruptions to consistent game time, combined with a changing forward line around him which has differed greatly in style and quality - something that failed to disrupt his ability to produce goals - means that his general play is sloppier than Balotelli's.

Balotelli is fixing his attitude and his work rate has improved immensely, however it should also be noted that this was never a problem with Pato on the field.

Currently they're roughly equal, though Balotelli has form on his side whilst Pato has to again find his groove. For the future, injuries will determine Pato's career, though I always worried about Balotelli's constant niggling injuries as well, which he hopefully gets over.

Balotelli's ceiling is higher as an overall talent, however Pato's raw ability to score is equal to his, he'll simply offer a little less as a forward.

Together, you damn well better fear them. Cool

:dance:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca 19/11/2011, 02:31

Yeah, Milan will be set for a long time with Pato, Balotelli and El Shaarawy

I am jealous Sad

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo 19/11/2011, 03:35

AttacanteBG wrote:

Yes, Pato is better finisher.

And because i see you dont know that, scoring occasional goals from distance doesn't mean he is better at finishing, it means he is better at long shots.

Number of converted chances speak in it's matter and that is thing where Pato is undoubtly better then Balotelli.

There's no way for you to prove that if you don't show stats. Show me stats of how many times he's shot on goal and how many times he's suceeded in scoring goals. The reason why I brought up the 'long shots' was to show that he can score from almost anywhere on any type of chance or situation. Not to mention Balotelli has still never missed one penalty in his career and he has already taken 15. Meaning he's a better finisher, if a player like him can score from 30m + yards out without having any problems how on earth will he have problems from scoring in close range which Pato is mostly capable of doing sadly? Unlike Pato, Balotelli can do more, which in this case makes him the better finisher and adds more flair to it. Why don't we take some of his goals this season?

Balotelli v. Everton... Balotelli's debut this season, gets on the pitch in the second half in place of Tevez on the 68th minute, 75th minute he gets his first chance and scores his first goal within minutes of his debut. Goal right into the botton right corner, powerful shot, 25 yards out.

Balotelli vs. Aston Villa... A game where Balotelli recieved man of the match. I wonder why by the way, anyways... was mocked by the Villa fans, and showed them how he can finish with a beautiful bycicle kick goal.

Now let me provide you a video and you can listen to what the commentator has to say about his 'finishing'.

Prime examples, I can go on. So let's not be delusnial here and claim none sense please. Balotelli is much more superior in finishing. This is only from this season which I can provide more, and I can provide more for you for his past if you want. Hell I should show you his debut with the U21.

By the way, the pace is debatable. How on earth can you say it's not when both players are tremendously fast? Jesus, I can ponder you with FM Stats and yet you will see that both of their paces are resulted with Balotelli = 17, Pato = 18. Oh gee by 1? Give me a break. This is just typical Milanista bias.

So playing for Manchester City and Inter is a thing that makes big game player. Now i know Obafemi Martins and Paul Vonchope are the best big game players out there.

Further being the biggest talent, best u20 player, scoring against Stoke or scoring for Italy in friendly doesnt make big game player.

No, here is where you say none sense again. Him playing with Inter and Man City is just a prime example of what makes him a big player. Yet you fail to notice all the things I said in which he did with both clubs. For the last time, let me repeat it and if you can't get it, your simply useless in this debate. Once again.

1) Balotelli won the Scudettos, Coppa Italia, Champions League with Inter
2) Won the FA Cup with Man City and was Man of the Match in the Final
3) Won the 'Golden Boy' award with the EPL making him the best youth product in the league
4) Is Italy's best U20 player this past decade with +20 goals under that age
5) Man of the Match against Manchester United in one of the biggest derbies
6) Is been said that he can be just as good as the top strikers as today

All the things I mentioned just goes to show how good and how he is a big name player.

What's with you and stoke? He's scored against so many clubs. Big and small. Just like any other player has.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos 19/11/2011, 04:08

Balotelli hasn't performed as the best youth product in the league.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo 19/11/2011, 04:17

Magricos wrote: Balotelli hasn't performed as the best youth product in the league.

In Serie A he has. In EPL he has. :facepalm:

He has won both awards.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos 19/11/2011, 04:19

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
Magricos wrote: Balotelli hasn't performed as the best youth product in the league.

He has won both awards.

Are you serious ? :facepalm: Jack Wilshere says hello.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo 19/11/2011, 04:24

Magricos wrote:

He has won both awards.

Are you serious ? :facepalm: Jack Wilshere says hello.

Balotelli says...

'Who's he?'

He actually said that.

By the way. Balotelli did win the Golden Ball award, so let's not say none sense here.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/21/mario-balotelli-wilshere-fabregas-rooney
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo 19/11/2011, 04:30

"What's his name? Wil ... ? No, I don't know him, but the next time I play against Arsenal I will keep a close eye on him," Balotelli said. "Perhaps I can show him the Golden Boy trophy and remind him that I won it."

The man has spoken :coffee:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos 19/11/2011, 04:32

He won the Golden boy award not golden ball. Wilshere won the PFA player of the year. Ballotelli didn't win the golden boy award on his BPL matches he only played a few at the time.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo 19/11/2011, 04:36

Magricos wrote:He won the Golden boy award not golden ball. Wilshere won the PFA player of the year. Ballotelli didn't win the golden boy award on his BPL matches he only played a few at the time.

My mistake boy. I said it before, I just typed fast. Anyways, makes no difference. His response to Wilshere ends it.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza 19/11/2011, 05:01

If this question was asked at any other time Pato would be in favour. Lately, Balotelli has been in extremely good form and Pato has been out for 4 weeks. Let's just remember that whilst Pato may get injured often, when he is playing, he is almost always in form.

Balotelli's achievements with Inter were mostly from the bench, you can hardly say he was integral to any of that- in fact, it's one of the reasons he left them. Pato, on the other hand, absolutely destroyed all the big teams in Serie A last season. When Inter and Napoli were making their run for the Scudetto it was Pato, not Ibrahimovic, who put the challengers to the sword.

Furthermore, Pato's speed is a major asset. He effortlessly breaks free of his markers to latch onto through balls and then round the goalkeeper is incredible.

I also dispute the claim that Ballotelli is a better finisher than Pato. Pato's skill from tight angles, range, in the air, and in tricky situations is indisputable. His ability to nutmeg 'keepers is also superb.

Pato - 2011/12: 3 goals, 22 shots in all competitions = a goal every 7.33 shots.
Balotelli - 2011/12: 9 goals, 52 shots in all competitions = a goal every 5.77 shots.

However, before you make judgements on that, Pato has hardly played this year due to injury, so take that into account. When we look at a full season, we see vastly different stats:

Pato - 2010/11: 15 goals, 72 shots in all competitions = a goal every 4.8 shots
Balotelli - 2010/11: 9 goals, 77 shots in all competitions = a goal every 8.55 shots

Therefore, we can see that Pato's finishing stats last season were not only better than last season's Balotelli, but also better than this season's in form Balotelli. :coffee: :bow: Thumbs up

Obviously they both have potential and are in periods of growth, but I'm sticking with Pato for now.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 19/11/2011, 05:09

what exactly has Balo done so far to be considered better than pato?lol?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo 19/11/2011, 05:11

Source for Stats please in which I asked for before
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 19/11/2011, 05:14

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/93011/alexandre-pato?cc=3888

fantastic stats considering he barely plays.Its not just about the goals though,he is a big game player.killed off Barca,Madrid,Inter,Napoli etc
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza 19/11/2011, 05:14

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Source for Stats please.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/100681/mario-balotelli?cc=3436

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/93011/alexandre-pato?cc=3436

'G' is goals scored, 'SH' is shots. Look at the bold numbers at the bottom of the tables for totals.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 19/11/2011, 05:15

50 goals in 105 matches,with no hattricks :shisha:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo 19/11/2011, 05:19

Forza Rossoneri wrote:

'G' is goals scored, 'SH' is shots. Look at the bold numbers at the bottom of the tables for totals.

Interesting, then I was proven wrong as I stated before I needed Stats. Anywho, both are still able to finish nonetheless.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto 19/11/2011, 05:33

I'd take Balo. More potential imo and a well rounded player.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza 19/11/2011, 05:36

Forza Rossoneri wrote:

Interesting, then I was proven wrong as I stated before I needed Stats. Anywho, both are still able to finish nonetheless.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Pato vs Balotelli - Page 2 Paaaaa10
It's ok. Pato is humble and respectful.

Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG 19/11/2011, 14:38

There's no way for you to prove that if you don't show stats. Show me stats of how many times he's shot on goal and how many times he's suceeded in scoring goals. The reason why I brought up the 'long shots' was to show that he can score from almost anywhere on any type of chance or situation. Not to mention Balotelli has still never missed one penalty in his career and he has already taken 15. Meaning he's a better finisher, if a player like him can score from 30m + yards out without having any problems how on earth will he have problems from scoring in close range which Pato is mostly capable of doing sadly? Unlike Pato, Balotelli can do more, which in this case makes him the better finisher and adds more flair to it. Why don't we take some of his goals this season?

Again, for the numerous time. Scoring ocasional goals from long distance doesn't make you great finisher. It makes you good at long shots.

Senna can score from long range, Essien can score from long range even Torsten Frings can score from long range but that doesn't mean they are better finishers then Ruud Van Nistelrooy or Pippo Inazaghi.

Your logic "if can score from 30m, how could he have problems to score from closer range" is one of the most stupid things i read here.

And dont even start with Balotelli vs Everton thing, because i can put videos Pato vs Fiorenitna, Roma, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona...

Jesus, I can ponder you with FM Stats and yet you will see that both of their paces are resulted with Balotelli = 17, Pato = 18. Oh gee by 1? Give me a break. This is just typical Milanista bias.

This sentence disqualifies you from further debate. After this i can no longer consider you as serious counter part in any football discussion.

3) Won the 'Golden Boy' award with the EPL making him the best youth product in the league

Wining Champions league doesn't have to mean you are big game player. Being decisive in finale(semi-final, quarter final) does. Balotelli wasn't.

Scoring against Stoke doesn't make you a big game player.
Being the most promising young product doesn't make you big game player.
Someone saying you could be best, doesn't make you big game player.

Scoring twice against Manchester United is good start though.

Frequently scoring and being decisive in big games, playing better then others under pressure, and being constantly good in big games and competition makes big player. Balotelli isn't big player yet, i am not saying he wont be but for now he isn't.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso 19/11/2011, 15:09

1-why are you speaking as if he was key to those titles lol.....Pato was key on the scudetto win for us.
2-MOTM on the FA cup final :bow: Laughing
3-Tuttosport Golden Boy of the Year
Serie A Young Footballer of the Year
Italian Football Oscars Best Young Player
Hes also the u21 player in serie a with most goals ever.
4-Pato has 10 goals in 18 games for Brazil's youth ranks,with 1 title and a Bronze medal on the olympics.
5-Balo was motm vs Manchester,Pato was our best striker against inter,napoli,barcelona,madrid...
6-ok.....

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next