Get rid of the wings?

+3
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Cotes
juventus101
7 posters

Go down

Get rid of the wings? Empty Get rid of the wings?

Post by juventus101 Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:51 pm

I was thinkingthat this might actuallybe a good idea. Think about it, play a 433, with Marchisio-Vidal-Pirlo in the mid, and Matri and two others up top, could be new arrivals such as Podolski who I hope we go for if he leaves Koln, could be Giovinco if we can get him back, could be Vucinic or Quags or Pasquato. I mean, Elia and Krasic are off form, Estigarribia is unproven, and im sorry, but we cant win a Scudetto, anddefinitely not even compete inthe CL with Pepe and Giaccherini, as much as I love Pepe its the truth. Bottom line, ithink this:

--Buffon--
--Lichsteiner-- --Chiellini-- --Leo/Barzagli-- -------?-------
--Marchisio-- --Vidal-- --Pirlo--
--Vucinic-- --Matri-- --Poldi/Gio--

...is alot better than this:

--Buffon--
--Lichsteiner-- --Chiellini-- --Leo/Barzagli-- -------?-------
--Pepe/Off-form Krasic-- --Marchisio-- --Pirlo-- --Giacc/Off-form Elia--
--Vucinic-- --Matri--

Like it or not, its true, and it would cost us what? 20-25 mil for Poldi? 10 for Gio? 15 or so for a great leftback? And thats without even taking into account what we could get for Krasic, Elia, etc.

I love Milos, hes shown he bleeds bianconero, but im thinkingfor thr better of the team here. Maybe he can stay and ifbhe gets back on form he can start, but I like the 433 idea. I know were doing well now, but realistically, how long is it gonna stay this way?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Get rid of the wings? Empty Re: Get rid of the wings?

Post by Cotes Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:03 am

U just gonna over work the midfielders...
U speaking too early about Elia & Krasic...
why cant they return to top form?
4-4-2 is the best...like it or not :coffee:
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:04 am

Podolski is not coming to Juventus... can you stop mentioning him lol?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:22 am

4-3-3 is definitely our best formation, as it allows Vidal to be on the field and it gives full cover for Pirlo. Pirlo simply cannot be effective in a 4-2-4, it puts too much pressure on him defensively and he will get overworked and will get injured as a result.

Unfortunately, we have what 5 wingers on our team, so what the heck do we do with all of the wingers? Well, it is safe to say Krasic is on the way out. Sorry, but him and Conte just don't seem to get along and plus it looks like his confidence is shot. As for Elia, I can't see him even getting on the field in the next two months, so might as well sell him too. We can keep Pepe, Esti and Giaccherini, as all of them can play multiple positions, whereas Krasic and Elia are pure wingers. If we can get 20m-25m for the both of them plus get rid of Amauri and Iaqunita, then we should have enough funds to get a good LB. Then we add Giovinco to the mix and all of a sudden we can play a strong 4-3-3 lineup. And we would still have 3 wingers on the team in case we deicde to go with a 4-2-4.

Licht...Barzagli...Chiellini...New LB
Vidal...Pirlo...Marchisio
Quags...Matri...Giovinco

That would be the ideal lineup based on our current lineup and adding Giovinco. And we would still have Vucinic, Esti, Pepe and Giacch on the bench for depth.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:26 am

I dont see us selling Krasic and Elia this January. Don't think it's a good move for any parties involved UNLESS the players directly tell us they want to leave.

I think both Krasic and Elia, especially Elia, deserve to be here until the summer at least.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:41 am

Krasic
Pepe
Elia
Giach

The wings have been reinforced too much recently to leave them out
I do agree with you though, the wing play from Juventus has been absolutely disgusting this year, maybe seeing more of Elia and or Krasic would change that but who knows if they or us will have the chance.

I agree that 4-3-3 is the best, it is certainly the most balanced but still flexible line up.

The thing is, I do not know if Marchisio, Pirlo and Vidal can keep this pace for 38 games, I fear that they cannot.

So, I think it would be best to use the wings more since Juventus possesses them at the time being.

If Giovinco comes in January and Quagliarella gets more minutes I can see Juventus taking a somewhat more narrow approach.

Quagliarella(Vucinic)-Matri
------------Giovinco------------
----Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal-----
Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonucci-Licht
--------------Pepe--------------

all I know is this Juventus is flexible based on the players possessed, if Giovinco arrives it is yet another dimension and direction for Juventus.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:44 am

I've always wondered why Juve dont abandon the 4-4-4/4-2-4 systems.

...Licht......Bonnuci.........Barzagli......Chiellini
............................Pirlo............................
.................Masch.........Vidal.................
....Pepe......................................Gacc
.....................Matri.........................

The problem with playing with no wingers is that Juventus lack width alrady, Can't remmeber the game but I think You drew 2-2, even with 4-2-4 your full backs ledt too much of a gap in the flanks and when you lost the ball there was always a massive gap and thats where both goals came from. Playing a 4-3-1-2 as Luca suggested is a massive risk at this point as your fullbacks again arent really good at providing width. the 4-3-3- I suggested would put Pirlo in a similar role as a Regista in Milan where he had cover from gatusso, seedrof/ambrosini.... at the moment he gets closed down in games somethimes and he is your sides only true creative element (We at United have noone Sad ) this way he would have more time on the ball and with more people in front he would be able to dictate the game better as well, becsause both masch and vidal have shown they have enough enetrgy to press for the ball. Just my two cents. The problem for Pirlo in that role in Milan is that once seedorf ambrosini and gattuso lost their energy he was always exposed, it's the equivalent of Bartcelona's MF not being able to press or the forwards becoming leggy and leaving him exposed. But with the youth of Matri and Vidal this problem should be solved, also Juve need o get Vercatti or Poli Very Happy
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:53 am

jibers wrote:I've always wondered why Juve dont abandon the 4-4-4/4-2-4 systems.

...Licht......Bonnuci.........Barzagli......Chiellini
............................Pirlo............................
.................Masch.........Vidal.................
....Pepe......................................Gacc
.....................Matri.........................

The problem with playing with no wingers is that Juventus lack width alrady, Can't remmeber the game but I think You drew 2-2, even with 4-2-4 your full backs ledt too much of a gap in the flanks and when you lost the ball there was always a massive gap and thats where both goals came from. Playing a 4-3-1-2 as Luca suggested is a massive risk at this point as your fullbacks again arent really good at providing width. the 4-3-3- I suggested would put Pirlo in a similar role as a Regista in Milan where he had cover from gatusso, seedrof/ambrosini.... at the moment he gets closed down in games somethimes and he is your sides only true creative element (We at United have noone Sad ) this way he would have more time on the ball and with more people in front he would be able to dictate the game better as well, becsause both masch and vidal have shown they have enough enetrgy to press for the ball. Just my two cents. The problem for Pirlo in that role in Milan is that once seedorf ambrosini and gattuso lost their energy he was always exposed, it's the equivalent of Bartcelona's MF not being able to press or the forwards becoming leggy and leaving him exposed. But with the youth of Matri and Vidal this problem should be solved, also Juve need o get Vercatti or Poli Very Happy

Yes, definitely our best formation going forward is a 4-3-3. This way Pirlo gets sufficient cover and he can play like he played at Milan. In a 4-2-4 he has too much defensive responsibility, so it is best to play him inbetween Vidal and Marchisio. As for the wingers, we have too many and must sell one or two. If we ever get Giovinco back then we will most likely abandon the 4-2-4 for the most part, so no sense in having 5 wingers on the team. 3 would be enough. Considering Giaccherini, Estigarribia and Pepe can play multiple roles and can be good squad players, then I see Elia and Krasic as the odd men out, especially if Giovinco arrives. If we can get 20m-25m for the both of them, then that will allow us to purchase a good LB and also have enough funds to buy Giovinco back.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down