Ganso
lszanto
BiasedMilanFan3
RealGunner
The Madrid One
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should I Get A Ps3? Empty Should I Get A Ps3?

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:23 pm

I am really thirsty to play metal gear solid 4, and i have gotten excited over the apparent thrill of uncharted. i want a new taste of video games and this is why i want a ps3, also because i dont really care for xbox's way of managing things, i would have gotten a ps3 from the get go had it not been for the price.

any ways heres my question, should i get a ps3? is it worth it considering various things..

what good games are there?

can u guys please recommend any games that are..
- Amazing in quality in single player and mulitiplayer
- and have great replayability?

when i thing of games as such i think of l4d and gears of war that are replayable and masterful in both single player and mulitplayer...

and also is it convenient considering when the ps4 might come out? the ps3 is a high picece of tech, so high that it not might need to be completely replaced by a successor any where until 3-4 years from now...

should i get a ps3? Embarassed

Last edited by The Madrid One on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:43 am; edited 3 times in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Should I Get A Ps3? Empty Re: Should I Get A Ps3?

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:47 pm

new xbox = 2013
PS4 = 2014/2015
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:new xbox = 2013
PS4 = 2014/2015
so that gives me 2 or 3 years of ps3... is it worth it...? id be buying xbox two years from now, ps3 3 or 4 from now
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:17 am

If I were you I would get a PS3 now
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:41 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:If I were you I would get a PS3 now
ya im leaning more towards getting it..

what good games are there? that are amazing in single player and multiplayer and have beast replayability?

id most def play god of war, uncharted, metal gear solid, but what else is there?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:02 am

The Madrid One wrote:

what good games are there? that are amazing in single player and multiplayer and have beast replayability?

id most def play god of war, uncharted, metal gear solid, but what else is there?

Well most good games (apart from a select few) are available on all platforms

But I picked the 360 because it had Halo on it. And I have personally gone off Halo (imo it's too slow now), the one thing that persuaded me into getting an Xbox. So I have no problem (apart from no money) with going out and getting a PS3 where I could go play Uncharted 3 and get free online play.

I'm not sure what games have good single and multiplayer with good replay value but (of course) there's FIFA, one of the popular FPS.

If you're looking for a game/s to just constantly play. I would suggest getting Just Cause 2. It's only single player but the replay value is out of this world. Plus it's been out for a year so it would be pretty cheap. There is so much to do in that game that I played it hardcore for 1 month straight and I had only gotten 20% through the game because of all the main missions and side missions and extras. I imagine the same would go for Skyrim.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:40 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

Well most good games (apart from a select few) are available on all platforms

But I picked the 360 because it had Halo on it. And I have personally gone off Halo (imo it's too slow now), the one thing that persuaded me into getting an Xbox. So I have no problem (apart from no money) with going out and getting a PS3 where I could go play Uncharted 3 and get free online play.

I'm not sure what games have good single and multiplayer with good replay value but (of course) there's FIFA, one of the popular FPS.

If you're looking for a game/s to just constantly play. I would suggest getting Just Cause 2. It's only single player but the replay value is out of this world. Plus it's been out for a year so it would be pretty cheap. There is so much to do in that game that I played it hardcore for 1 month straight and I had only gotten 20% through the game because of all the main missions and side missions and extras. I imagine the same would go for Skyrim.
ya my plan is to have the ps3 for 3 or 4 more years until ps4 comes out, and in the mean while play only ps3, in 2 or 3 years id pay 120-210 worth of xbox membership anyways, and theres nothing really keeping me on xbox, looks like fifa 13 14 and 15 will be on ps3 for me.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:46 am

I'm even considering switching over to the PS3 some time next year.

It would be good if you could get a PS3 before all these new, awesome games come out on that instead of playing it on the 360 for a month or two, getting a PS3 and having to buy the game again (if you were enjoying that game)
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:34 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I'm even considering switching over to the PS3 some time next year.

It would be good if you could get a PS3 before all these new, awesome games come out on that instead of playing it on the 360 for a month or two, getting a PS3 and having to buy the game again (if you were enjoying that game)
only game i can use that against is fifa 12 but id enjoyed my time with the xbox users so no regrets. im never going to get a ps3 before the christmas bundles come out anyways.

i think i already know what 2 games i get.. ( i always get 2)

metal gear solid 4
and a pack that contains both uncharted 1 and 2.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:31 am

The original Resistance was decent and would probably be pretty cheap now, I played it through in co-op with my mate a few times. I heard the 2nd game was average and haven't played the third.

Uncharted series is also quite good from what i've heard but I've never played it myself.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:08 am

inFamous.MGS4,God of War 3(:bow: love this game)Uncharted,Litte Big Planet,Demon Soul's,new Final Fantasy next year,Resistance 3,Killzone 2 and 3 just on the top of my head...much better than just Halo and Gears of War.Also,free internet cheers

seriously M$ robs people charging to use online,anyway PS3>>>>>>>>shitbox 360 :dance:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:14 am

Oh I totally forgot God of War, I have the first 2 and they are amazing, kinda just forgot they were only out on PS3 Razz
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:18 am

lszanto wrote:Oh I totally forgot God of War, I have the first 2 and they are amazing, kinda just forgot they were only out on PS3 Razz
GOW3 isnt very long but its amazing,played it like 3-5 times,definitely on my top 10 list,you should at least rent it.The graphics and boss fights :bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:29 am

Ganso wrote:
lszanto wrote:Oh I totally forgot God of War, I have the first 2 and they are amazing, kinda just forgot they were only out on PS3 Razz
GOW3 isnt very long but its amazing,played it like 3-5 times,definitely on my top 10 list,you should at least rent it.The graphics and boss fights :bow:

I'll have to hire it/buy it in the holidays when I get some free time, also gotta replay Zelda: OOT Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:40 am

Ganso wrote:inFamous.MGS4,God of War 3(:bow: love this game)Uncharted,Litte Big Planet,Demon Soul's,new Final Fantasy next year,Resistance 3,Killzone 2 and 3 just on the top of my head...much better than just Halo and Gears of War.Also,free internet cheers

seriously M$ robs people charging to use online,anyway PS3>>>>>>>>shitbox 360 :dance:

Oh yeah i've reeaallllyyyyyyy been dying to play that

Xboxers are missing out
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Obviously the XBOX gamers whopped TMO pretty bad in some Fifa. If your best argument is exclusives and free internet, I don't see much reason to change over to the PS3. I think it all comes down to preference and XBOX has always been my baby. Sure we pay for internet, but we also get better online features and things like party chat.

I would be worried about spending if I was living in Brazil, but I don't really sweat paying 5 dollars a month for internet. I can't speak on other PS3 games, but I can tell you that I'm content with my Gears of War and my other XBOX games. I only buy like 4-5 games a year and don't have the time to play out all these single player games, I'm all about the online game play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:36 pm

of course it all comes down to opinion,just like movies,but the PS3 has a much better variety of exclusives rather than the same old same old online shooters.Quality ones that is.

And the 360 does not offer a lot of better features than the PS,still a MAJOR steal from M$ imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:38 pm

What type of online features does the PS3 offer you?

I'm asking because I don't have much of a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:39 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:What type of online features does the PS3 offer you?

I can play fifa online Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Don't be a douche.

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:40 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Don't be a douche.

Sorry, what do you mean exactly what can we do? Other than play games you mean?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:44 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:What type of online features does the PS3 offer you?

?Same thing that the 360 does bar a better mic chat service
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:45 pm

What type of online features come with the PS3, e.g., downloadable content, demos, netflix, lastfm, etc....

Basically people say it sucks that XBOX wants you to pay for internet, I want to find out exactly what both systems offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:48 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:What type of online features come with the PS3, e.g., downloadable content, demos, netflix, lastfm, etc....

Basically people say it sucks that XBOX wants you to pay for internet, I want to find out exactly what both systems offer.

There's the playstation store which gives you most of what you've mentioned, mini apps/old school games + demos wallpapers etc.

There is some music service which I completely forget the name of.

Not too sure on last.fm but pretty sure we can get netflix(if you're in the right country).

Also where I live(not sure elsewhere) I also get a few TV channels streamed through the tv enabling me to watch episodes of stuff previously shown.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:50 pm

demos,some free movies/tv shows once a while,Netflix,some picture and music apps i havent used,another movie/tv service similar to netflix,TV services,online chat and messaging,i nomally just play online and use the PS store,so i cant inform you well.

From what i know,the main difference is ESPN 3
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum