Be/\/ceCALI
McLewis
lenear1030
TalkingReckless
gmos01
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

For people living in United States - Page 2 Empty Re: For people living in United States

Post by RedOranje Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:17 pm

CBarca wrote:No we dont have anything like that. ESPN will show 1 premier league game per week on saturday morning and typically you can catch about 1 MLS game per week but as oranje said, it can be interrupted. I dont watch MLS anyway. Even when i know its on. If you want decent football in the states then be prepared to give out mucho dinero
MLS will only improve with support. Don't be a snob.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

For people living in United States - Page 2 Empty Re: For people living in United States

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
But you're never getting Sky-type total coverage, I imagine. Just a few extra channels and I can imagine most of the Latin American ones.

Yeah, I'm from Maracaibo, why?

True, but it could be worse. I still get to see the games I really want to see and as long as there's coverage of the games from over the world then I won't complain. My complaints are with the levels of interest in the game here.

Ah cool, I was just wondering because my girlfriend is from Mcbo too Cool
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
But you're never getting Sky-type total coverage, I imagine. Just a few extra channels and I can imagine most of the Latin American ones.

Yeah, I'm from Maracaibo, why?

True, but it could be worse. I still get to see the games I really want to see and as long as there's coverage of the games from over the world then I won't complain. My complaints are with the levels of interest in the game here.

Ah cool, I was just wondering because my girlfriend is from Mcbo too Cool
That doesn't sound too bad. Obviously football interest in the States is going to be nil, especially in football season. American football season, I mean.

Yeah, a shit load of people from all over the country moved to the States. She must be hot, then. They make the best European/Hispanic/Ameridian chick mix here Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:37 pm

True. I guess i'll just have to live with the fact that european football will never be #1 here. It's hard though being as i'm full blooded european and was born in Budapest. I can't really get into american football, unless i'm playing it which is fun.

To me she's beautiful Smile here's a picture of us from a little while back, but i'm sure you're used to seeing beautiful women every day, every where over there Cool http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/270427_10150248641696817_676506816_7950993_7947465_n.jpg
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Pretty much. Our only 2 exports are oil and women, really.

Cute couple. Tell her the annual fairs are starting this month. Early Christmas Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Well the MLS is slowly getting more support but no thanks to ESPN who hardly ever mentions the MLS unless its the playoffs. ESPN is way too concerned with Amrican football both Pro and college, the amount of time devoted for those two is absolutley ridiculous, they just cram it down everyone's throat. FSC usually shows an MLS game during the regular season a week and some playoff games. ESPN usually only shows Galaxy games which I don't mind being a fan of theirs. CSN Chicago shows the Fire games quite a bit. Other than that its the usual EPL game on saturday, then maybe randomly some La Liga games. They let ESPN3 take are of everything else. But I have seen more MLS coverage recently so that is a good thing. But usually the ESPN sports coverage and talk shows only mention football when something negative happens, like the Zidane headbutt. Other than that their programs just mention it and then talk about it as if its a joke, even great skilled plays they are just mocking it which gets annoying, ive seen them seriously say there should be a fake Madrid because there is a Real Madrid :facepalm: they couldn't pronounce Juventus right, Ive literally heard Henry with the H pronounced, oh and this one idiot I heard when they brought up a USA vs Brazil game highlights go "Where's Beckham???" :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: So I pretty much think ESPN is a total joke
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Pretty much. Our only 2 exports are oil and women, really.

Cute couple. Tell her the annual fairs are starting this month. Early Christmas Very Happy

Hahah, La Feria? will do Very Happy

DRK wrote:But usually the ESPN sports coverage and talk shows only mention football when something negative happens, like the Zidane headbutt. Other than that their programs just mention it and then talk about it as if its a joke, even great skilled plays they are just mocking it which gets annoying, ive seen them seriously say there should be a fake Madrid because there is a Real Madrid they couldn't pronounce Juventus right, Ive literally heard Henry with the H pronounced, oh and this one idiot I heard when they brought up a USA vs Brazil game highlights go "Where's Beckham???" So I pretty much think ESPN is a total joke

Mad I agree completely, 100%. They make a mockery of the game like it's some sort of 2nd rate sport (like american football) They have no respect for the game, players, the history and culture behind it. It's absolutely embarrassing a total joke. A bunch of shitheads. The sad thing is that in american culture, this is generally how "soccer" is treated. Mad
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Shit, that's like the only thing that scares me if I ever move to the States. No football channels.

How do you guys watch your football, through streams?

There are plenty of football channels in the states.

Between ESPN, ESPN 3, Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Soccer Plus you get every EPL game of the year.

Between GolTV and ESPN3 you get about 60-70% of the La Liga games and a little less of the German League. You do get to see pretty much all the big teams in Germany and Spain every week.

Between Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Soccer Plus, and ESPN 3 you get about 75% of Serie A and again you get all of the bigger games.

GolTV also shows the 2 biggest Brazilian league games as well.

The problem with most football fans in the states that I have found is that they are idiots when it comes to technology. If you buy an HDMI cable for less then 40 bucks and hook it to your TV from your computer then you can pretty much watch the English broadcast of every La Liga, Serie A, and German league game you want. And again you get every EPL games on regular tv.

The biggest problem we have is World Cup qualifiers which for Europe and South America are impossible to get on TV and you have to stream them, and also Carling Cup and Copa Del Rey and FA Cup are really tough to get. You do get some games but it is very few and far between.

I may see more football then most as I am a TV snob and have every channel possible. There's nothing more I hate the looking at the guide on the TV turning to the channel and not having it, so I just get them all. It's pretty expensive.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:27 pm

DRK wrote:Well the MLS is slowly getting more support but no thanks to ESPN who hardly ever mentions the MLS unless its the playoffs. ESPN is way too concerned with Amrican football both Pro and college, the amount of time devoted for those two is absolutley ridiculous, they just cram it down everyone's throat. FSC usually shows an MLS game during the regular season a week and some playoff games. ESPN usually only shows Galaxy games which I don't mind being a fan of theirs. CSN Chicago shows the Fire games quite a bit. Other than that its the usual EPL game on saturday, then maybe randomly some La Liga games. They let ESPN3 take are of everything else. But I have seen more MLS coverage recently so that is a good thing. But usually the ESPN sports coverage and talk shows only mention football when something negative happens, like the Zidane headbutt. Other than that their programs just mention it and then talk about it as if its a joke, even great skilled plays they are just mocking it which gets annoying, ive seen them seriously say there should be a fake Madrid because there is a Real Madrid :facepalm: they couldn't pronounce Juventus right, Ive literally heard Henry with the H pronounced, oh and this one idiot I heard when they brought up a USA vs Brazil game highlights go "Where's Beckham???" :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: So I pretty much think ESPN is a total joke

I totally agrea I came from Poland and the sport is huge there, the number 1 sport! When I got sent to work here from my job (the USA) I noticed that football is nothing here. Only the few polish people and Latino people I know watch it. The rest focus on baseball NFL and NASCAR! I couldnt believe It and then it's hard to even catch any games on tv. I got the payed cable (thank god I make good money) it's like 90 bucks a month!!! Thank god I still get sent to the European part of our company couple times a year, because then I get to catch some European football live.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:38 pm

ESPN goes so overboard on Collegiate & Pro "American Football"..it's beyond belief.

I watch ESPN Deportes, I'm basically fluent in Spanish so there is no barrier. However I feel if ESPN wanted to they could introduce a footy only channel that is both Spanish & English via "SAP".

I have virtually every package minus Fox Soccer Plus, I don't mind paying a premium because I just can't watch a game off a stream. Unless its a Barcelona game that just isn't being broadcast-ed or a Barca B game.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:55 pm

RedOranje wrote:
CBarca wrote:No we dont have anything like that. ESPN will show 1 premier league game per week on saturday morning and typically you can catch about 1 MLS game per week but as oranje said, it can be interrupted. I dont watch MLS anyway. Even when i know its on. If you want decent football in the states then be prepared to give out mucho dinero

I'm not saying I don't support it, I fully support MLS, I love the US and I want our football to improve. As of right now though I really can't watch it. I watch it occasionally, but as of right now I don't really watch anything other than the occasional chicago fire game and maybe the playoffs. Sorry to be that way but I am la liga/Barca through and through and even watching the EPL sometimes is hard. I'm fully for the MLS though, don't get the impression I'm not.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 pm

CBarca wrote:
RedOranje wrote:

I'm not saying I don't support it, I fully support MLS, I love the US and I want our football to improve. As of right now though I really can't watch it. I watch it occasionally, but as of right now I don't really watch anything other than the occasional chicago fire game and maybe the playoffs. Sorry to be that way but I am la liga/Barca through and through and even watching the EPL sometimes is hard. I'm fully for the MLS though, don't get the impression I'm not.

Yea, the quality of MLS is awful. It's not so much the individual players but the way the teams play. They all play exactly the same and it's a bad brand of football. There technique and first touch is awful but they do have a lot of good athletes but they just don't have elite football skills.

It's hard to explain because the teams are not bad and you can see that when they play against teams from Europe they generally do pretty well it's just the way they play is very hard on the eye and it's just not fluid at all.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:24 pm

I can honestly say I pay zero attention to the MLS & USMNT. Only time I'll view something MLS related is when European squads come stateside for pre-season.

I love Cobi Jones tho as a player and person. Plus he represented Vasco Da Gama for a short period of time.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:39 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:They always pass MLS (Galaxy in L.A) on ESPN.

The Spanish channels pass more MLS than ESPN though.

And I have a Spanish Package so that means no ESPN in English or FSC for me. Sad

At least ESPN Deportes will broadcast all the MLS playoffs so I'm happy.

This...

DirecTV Mas is easily the best "soccer" package in the US.

Galavision and Telefutura pass MLS, Liga Mexicana, and ConcaChampions League.

Univision passes Copa Oro, Copa America, Mexico Friendlies/Qualifier Games, USA Friendlies/Qualifier Games, and Liga Mexicana.

Telemundo only passes Liga Mexicana games, no longer has the rights to Mexico WCQ or friendlies.

Central America TV and TeleCentro pass Central American leagues (Honduras, Guatemala, Costa Rica and El Salvador) and also pass Central American friendlies and Central American teams World Cup Qualifications.

FOX Deportes passes La Liga, Serie A, EPL, Champions League, Liga Mexicana as well, Copa Sud-Americana y Copa Libertadores.

GolTV passes, CONCACAF World Cup Qualification, Mexican Primera A, Bundesligas, La Liga, Brasileirao Serie A and Paulistao, Liga Postobon (Colombian League), Liga Nacional de Uruguay, and Copa Centro Americano.

ESPN Deportes passes, EPL, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, La Liga, Euro 2012, Euro Qualifiers, South American Friendlies, CONMEBOL WCQ, Pre-season friendlies.

Yea. we does this
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:43 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
RedOranje wrote:ESPN shows a match a week during the regular season, and just about every game during the play-offs; however, they're all on ESPN2 and subject to random preempting by more "important" sports like the Little League World Series.

Unbelivable.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i remember playing that in elementry. greatest game ever.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:46 pm

Hearing the horror stories in this thread about no footy round-up has made me appreciate MOTD and CL Wednesday highlights that much more

Heck, even the little bespectacled man on MOTD2 won't annoy me as much now
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:50 pm

AHAHA local stations in canada are terrible soccer highligtes wise, i have to wait atleast 45 mins into the show to get highlightes and even then they will play like 1 random goal in the game and then tell u the score and move on. but there is a show that comes on on wednesdays the rounds up the week in soccer but its all relly fast cause they have to cover everything in half an hour.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:25 am

MOTD?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:31 am

Blue wrote:MOTD?

Match Of The Day ~ I believe.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:06 am

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:
Blue wrote:MOTD?

Match Of The Day ~ I believe.

Thanks Embarassed
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:51 pm

Here's what my options/coverage look like today:

830-11am EST - Newcastle vs Everton (ESPN2)
11am-1pm EST - Blackburn vs Chelsea (Fox Soccer)
130-330pm EST - QPR vs ManCity (Fox Soccer)
130-330pm EST - Leverkusen vs Hamburg (ESPN3)
330-6pm EST - Roma vs Novara (ESPN3 and Fox Soccer)
455-655pm EST - Valencia vs Levante (ESPN3)
6-8pm EST - Arsenal vs West Brom (Delayed Replay - Fox Soccer)

On most days ESPN3 has more available games, but thats a basic idea
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:35 pm

ESPN3.com does show some MOTD every week I guess....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
RedOranje wrote:ESPN shows a match a week during the regular season, and just about every game during the play-offs; however, they're all on ESPN2 and subject to random preempting by more "important" sports like the Little League World Series.

Unbelivable.

They also love to show the National Spelling Bee on ESPN every freakin year. I mean I know there's nothing that screams sport more than a spelling bee but come on.

And I get about 4-5 BPL games on TV every Saturday(FSC), a few more Liga/Serie A on ESPN3. A lot of times they'll show the games delayed on FSC though, like today I have to wait another couple of hours to watch the Arsenal Match. There's also the YES Network(Yankees network) who have a deal with Arsenal I believe, they have a couple weekly shows but they'll usually show the matches a day later than they're aired.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2