jibers
DavidVilla92
Busby Babe
RED
B-Mac
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welbeck!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welbeck!!!!!

Post by RED Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Felt for him today, he had nothing given to him due to England's poor posession play. Had to contend for scraps.

Hopefull he'll have a better game v Italy.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:39 am

Manchester United boss David Moyes hoping to turn Danny Welbeck into prolific marksman

David Moyes hopes to turn Danny Welbeck into a 15-20 goal a season striker after his promising start to the season.

After netting for England against Scotland last week at Wembley, the 22-year-old followed it up with two goals for United at Swansea on Saturday - the first time he has scored twice in a league game for the Reds.

Last season, despite 27 appearances, Welbeck managed only one league goal although he did impress with unselfish performances playing in several positions.

But Moyes said he and his backroom team have not asked Welbeck to be more selfish: “It was more the fact we just hoped that he would get in more goalscoring positions – we’d kept saying to him get in there.

“Actually he missed a few on the pre-season tour, he had a few chances to score in some of the games. But the goal the other night for England against Scotland will have helped him.

“The first one he got at Swansea I liked because it was a tap-in. The second one was the sort of finish of someone with confidence who’d scored 20 goals in the Premier League would score with the way he finished it, with the flick over the boy’s head and I told him that.

“I think we’re going to try and encourage him to be a 15-20 goal striker and do everything we can to do so.

Moyes, speaking to the Manchester Evening News, added: “I think sometimes you need a run and a bit of confidence and getting the goals, sometimes you need to get into the right areas and maybe in the past he’s not wanted to get right in to get his goals.

“That’s why I think the pleasing bit about his first one was he was in for a ball that was played right across the six-yard box and he got himself a tap-in.”

Fellow United and England team-mate Michael Carrick was delighted to see Welbeck get off to a flying start.

The midfielder said: “It was nice for Danny to get his goals. He scored for England in midweek as well and hopefully that continues as he is a big player.

“The second goal just shows his belief and confidence. It’s only going to help him, playing like that. He’s a real threat and hopefully the front boys keep going.”
http://www.thefa.com/england/News/2013/danny-welbeck-david-moyes-manchester-united

Welbeck to prove lol legacy wrong Proud

He has everything else, now he just has to become a prolific goalscorer.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:54 am

Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Imagine Welbs scoring 30+ goals in all competitions this season. @lol legacy
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:23 pm

He did well to get himself in the box a lot today, scored two good goals from it. Unlucky to get that yellow card, now he's missing the Ukraine game.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:50 am

Welbeck shouldn't start on Saturday...After the first matchday, he didn't play well enough to secure his position in the first XI.

I prefer Nani on the left side, Valencia on the right side; Kagawa CAM/CF and RvP on the ST position. Maybe Welbeck would have a chance if Nani will play RW and Valencia RB. I don't know if Jones or Rafael will be fit...but to be honest, I wouldn't worry if Jones will be injured at the time of the match.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:57 am

true. Danny boy should make way for Kagawa Saturday with Nani and Zaha as wingers. Perfect opportunity for Wilf 'wonder' Zaha Very Happy to make his debut.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Yeah, I agree. Welbeck, hasn't shown enough to be an undisputed starter.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat May 10, 2014 3:49 pm

how highly do you guys think of him?
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat May 10, 2014 11:32 pm

vizkosity wrote:how highly do you guys think of him?

My personal opinion is that he should be sold in the summer along with chicha.

He is a good back up to have.
He is an average striker, even though his finishing is mediocre and composure is poor.
He is a decent winger and has good work rate and blistering pace but other stats for the role are quite terrible. including crossing.

Having said all that the most important reason the club should look to sell him is that
His presence in the 11 is going to hamper and limit the first team opportunities of our much brighter prospects such as Adnan, and Kagawa (if he stays) etc and also any youth team players club is looking to promote next season.

He is a hardcore Man U supporter, a local boy, a pleasant and hard working lad. Respect him for all that. And he has got enough and more opportunities to justify his selection and cement place in the squad. But largely, barring some performances here and there, he has been a failure IMO. Having said that he can be a very good player for mid table premier league clubs where he can become first choice starter. So both for himself and also for the club, I think he should leave.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun May 11, 2014 11:09 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
vizkosity wrote:how highly do you guys think of him?

My personal opinion is that he should be sold in the summer along with chicha.

He is a good back up to have.
He is an average striker, even though his finishing is mediocre and composure is poor.
He is a decent winger and has good work rate and blistering pace but other stats for the role are quite terrible. including crossing.

Having said all that the most important reason the club should look to sell him is that
His presence in the 11 is going to hamper and limit the first team opportunities of our much brighter prospects such as Adnan, and Kagawa (if he stays) etc and also any youth team players club is looking to promote next season.

He is a hardcore Man U supporter, a local boy, a pleasant and hard working lad. Respect him for all that. And he has got enough and more opportunities to justify his selection and cement place in the squad. But largely, barring some performances here and there, he has been a failure IMO. Having said that he can be a very good player for mid table premier league clubs where he can become first choice starter. So both for himself and also for the club, I think he should leave.

I do agree to most of the points here. I've never really taken him too seriously. Although he can defend and link up plays better than chicharito, he is not a good finisher. Plus, with kagawa, mata, Rooney, RVP, januzaj, we shouldn't have problem linking plays together theoretically. I'd like to see more game time for Chicharito, and offset welbeck this summer. However, that depends on the manager's tactic. I personally see nothing special in welbeck to have him play regularly for the club. I don't think...he is good enough for top clubs
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:13 pm

I don't think we can sell him, he gives us something different to all are other options.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Arsenal striker Danny Welbeck has aimed a barb at former employers Manchester United by suggesting they hampered his development by playing him out of position on the wing.

A succession of United managers -- Alex Ferguson, David Moyes and Louis van Gaal -- opted to use Welbeck as a wide forward, with Van Gaal explaining recently that he did not score enough goals.

But Welbeck has hit form since his £16 million ($26.6 million, 20.2 million euros) switch to Arsenal and has now scored four goals in five games after his hat-trick against Galatasaray in the Champions League on Wednesday.

"Nobody can really criticise my finishing because they don't really see me playing in a forward position too often," said Welbeck, in comments carried by several British newspapers on Friday.

"But now I am getting into these positions, I want to be sticking the ball in the back of the net. I am sure it's the same with every other striker.

"Obviously people can say I have not scored enough goals, but you stick the best strikers on the wing in a four-man midfield and see if they score goals."

lmao first career hat trick has gone to his head

ya because you are going to start over Van Persie, Rooney and Falcao

going to be funny when Giroud is fit and his goals dry up and Wenger throws him out wide or benches him
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:28 pm

Seriously though he got a lot of play time as a #9 last season, RvP was out half the season and Rooney had injury problems too.

Let's be honest, 2 goals if even you're playing as a winger in a 4-4-2 is a poor return let alone if you're a striker.

Even if it he was right, he should just bite his tongue after the club gave him so much.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:19 pm

this is not what we expect from this lad. Simply classless. He himself knows what he is saying is utter bullshite.

Take for instance last season. He was the bloody back up to rvp all the way. At that time another disgrace known as Young was our starting left winger. And occasionally kagz .  rvp was injured in every other game paving way for danny to get so many chances to play in his preferred position. He has delivered horseshite when he got chances and now he has grown balls to come up with something like this against us. Pathetic!!

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2