Sir Psycho
StevieRayVaughan
Khaled
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Isaac Cuenca  - Page 2 Empty Re: Isaac Cuenca

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Love this thread, as a Barca fan, lots of great info. As curious if I may ask, but how do members such as Khaledbarca, Gunner and Kizz know so much? Very Happy Im new so excuse the silly quesitons, but this is forum for the news website Goal.com right, are anyone of u staff there? Make me wonder since u guys have so much in depth info Very Happy

Cuenca looks very good so far and is a real winger which we need. Hes more on dimension and obvious young and not a complete player but very good at what he does and one of the more mature youngsters it seems, so its great o add him in.

On the question of players promotion to A team. So now that hes promoted with a squad no., he can no longer play for B team again correct? Ir just come January, would it be allowed to demote him back to B if Guardiola wants? Just curious. Thanks

And the most amazing thing is reading up his history and stats, he was playing in third division loan side just last season and this is just half a season if that into the new season and hes in the first team, goes to show the level of quick development these yougnsters can make and how much trust Guardiola puts in his youth, just amazing and great to see!

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Love this thread, as a Barca fan, lots of great info. As curious if I may ask, but how do members such as Khaledbarca, Gunner and Kizz know so much? Very Happy Im new so excuse the silly quesitons, but this is forum for the news website Goal.com right, are anyone of u staff there? Make me wonder since u guys have so much in depth info Very Happy

Cuenca looks very good so far and is a real winger which we need. Hes more on dimension and obvious young and not a complete player but very good at what he does and one of the more mature youngsters it seems, so its great o add him in.

On the question of players promotion to A team. So now that hes promoted with a squad no., he can no longer play for B team again correct? Ir just come January, would it be allowed to demote him back to B if Guardiola wants? Just curious. Thanks

And the most amazing thing is reading up his history and stats, he was playing in third division loan side just last season and this is just half a season if that into the new season and hes in the first team, goes to show the level of quick development these yougnsters can make and how much trust Guardiola puts in his youth, just amazing and great to see!

We're all just casual fans.

On your question. Cuenca has not been promoted yet. He is still registered with the B team, but first teams can call on their B team players whenever, but I think they can only play a certain number of games until they must be promoted.

Officially you are only allowed 25 players in your squad, which is why the first team all have numbers 1-25. The B team players are not registered but when playing for the 1st team must be given a number to play, which is why Cuenca is 39, Roberto 30 etc. It was the same with Messi, who was once 30, Pedro who was 27 etc etc. When they get officially promoted, they are given an official number in the first 25, and then they are no longer eligible for the B team.

Understand? We are pretty much allowed to use any of the B team players without giving them full promotion, so its always wise to wait until you're completely sure they need it.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:37 am

Very Happy Thx Kizz, very professional causal fan though u are! Very Happy Clear as crystal....and to think Messi used to be 30 sounds funny Very Happy 25 doesnt sound like that many players nowadays to have in the squad for such a long season, and Barca must play the most games for any club in the world nowdays! So its good that we can have players from B team to play those extra games and for rotation which is badly needed at times Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:04 am

Cuenca #23 is the NEW BIG THING !! #justwaitandsee
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:12 am

Cuenca's plays vs. Valencia:
4:29 play of the game.
7:37 pass to Thiago in the penalty.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 am

Classy player, I would take him at Chelsea in a second.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:03 am

Wasn't bad tbh.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm

matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 am

I was thinking today... with his skills could he be used as a link-man like Iniesta? I heard he used to be an attacking mid rather than a winger, this is why I was pondering the idea. I think if he improved his passing he could be quite good there as well. Particularly as he's not much of a goal threat.

We have plenty of midfielders, but just saying, I think he'd be effective there.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:40 pm

How long will he be injured? Will he be ready for first round of La Liga? Or will he be fit to play in September?
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:28 am

I feel that he will be used as a sub most of the season. He provides width and thats something that will change any game. Can't see him starting many matches imo.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:43 pm

Cuenca for ajax

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:46 pm

Can't see anything. Any highlights to his first game?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 pm

free_cat wrote:Can't see anything. Any highlights to his first game?

check again.

Its just a short video of his assist btw.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm

He was decent, nothing special. Little invisible at times. Has to get back fully in form which, hopefully for Ajax, will not take too long. But he did make Daley score which in itself is an achievement Laughing
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:45 am

ajax will help him after such a long injury, much better then we could Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 pm

Cuenca recently troubled w/ operated knee (missed last 3 games), visiting orthopedist in Barcelona, returning to Amsterdam on Friday.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:Cuenca recently troubled w/ operated knee (missed last 3 games), visiting orthopedist in Barcelona, returning to Amsterdam on Friday.

:facepalm: Hope this doesn't become a recurring problem Sad

I've been missing him this season not only before he returned but after he got his loan deal.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:20 am

Finally saw this....and I guess similar to Afelley, just lose his place and got loaned out to Ajax?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:52 am

we loaned him off because he just returned from a big injury and we couldn't insure him enough games as he was a risk if we played him, I haven't heard any sort of news from him at Ajax, he is a type of winger we could use now though.
In the future I see him being sold off along with Villa, Tello, and Sanchez to make room for Neymar, and Gerard Deulofeu.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:41 am

Donuts wrote:we loaned him off because he just returned from a big injury and we couldn't insure him enough games as he was a risk if we played him, I haven't heard any sort of news from him at Ajax, he is a type of winger we could use now though.
In the future I see him being sold off along with Villa, Tello, and Sanchez to make room for Neymar, and Gerard Deulofeu.

Not an expert on the B team.... actually, Im wondering is it u guys have access and can watch the B or reserve teams sometimes? For me I only get to see them if they feature in the first team.

Im not sure if we will sell these players like u mention, they do well I think and got a history here...Barca dont seem like a club that just sells players who have given so much and performed so long for us...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:01 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Donuts wrote:we loaned him off because he just returned from a big injury and we couldn't insure him enough games as he was a risk if we played him, I haven't heard any sort of news from him at Ajax, he is a type of winger we could use now though.

Not an expert on the B team.... actually, Im wondering is it u guys have access and can watch the B or reserve teams sometimes? For me I only get to see them if they feature in the first team.

You can watch Barça B games on the internet easily.

I usually post the highlights in this thread and sometimes I warn of upcoming matches and where to watch them:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t24910-barca-b-highlights-barca-b-jerez-saturday-at-1800

Don't know if you'll be allowed to access the needed websites to watch the games from freedomless China though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:49 pm

I can see it via vpn Thumbs up Thx so much cat! :bow:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:05 pm

It wasn’t that long ago that Isaac Cuenca must have been feeling on top of the world. He had broken into the Barça first team, getting significant minutes under legendary boss Pep Guardiola. Unfortunately, the story since has been rather different. A awful streak of injuries has set his career back and he was entirely overlooked by Gerardo Martino. Cuenca spoke on Ràdio Barcelona recently and gave a reveling personal interview as well offering some seriously interesting sounds bites regarding training methods in recent seasons and Xavi as player-manager.

Even though the indications are Luis Enrique isn’t planning next season with Cuenca in mind, the winger makes it clear he wants to stay. “I don’t know Luis Enrique’s intentions but mine are to stay here. I would be delighted if he let me join pre-season and he could observe me. After all that’s happened, to leave like this would be sad. I’ve started believing in myself again but I need to be training properly again, competing and playing some games to make me feel like a footballer again. These two years of injury have been long, very long but I think there is light at the end of the tunnel now.“

Cuenca was bothered by what he felt was ostracism by Martino. “It was a very strange season. There were times during the season that trainings weren’t intense. For example, when we all thought we were out of the league, the intensity of trainings dropped and then some time later again improved.” This next sound bite is what I found most personally revealing. “You have to work a lot on positional play [to get it right], every week, so that you don’t forget. With Guardiola we did that, but with the others we didn’t”.

He was asked his opinion on the depurates of club icons like Víctor Valdes, Carles Puyol, Cesc Fàbregas and possibly Xavi Hernández. “It surprises me that so many players that gave such an enormous amount of weight in the dressing room are leaving. It greatly surprised me that Xavi is going to Qatar. He could play another year for sure.“

Finally, Cuenca seems to confirm that Tata Martino had decided to resign by February already and that Xavi was set to take over as player-manager. “It surprised me that Tata planned on reigning. If February we still had everything to play for.“

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2014/interviews/cuenca-with-guardiola-we-did-that-with-other-we-didnt/#ixzz35r9CpHpL
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Yeah, Uner Pep u could see the positional perfectness when Pressing/defending...players barely had to make decision on their own as the team was perfectly arranged to do what and when. Pique's drop in form explains it really...when he is now making decisions by himself he just cant get it right. Testament to how much detailed coaching Epep did.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:38 pm

I doubt Cuenca was privy to what Martino's plans were in February, he is probably reaction to the media reports.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2