( I PRAY GOD HE DOESN'T LEAVE Sad )

DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alessandro Del Piero - Page 2 Empty Re: Alessandro Del Piero

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Loyalty

Very. Had other offers during his career, after Calciopoli and our Serie B campaign he wen't on to have two excellent seasons. He could have given those in any other top team.

No. 10

My heart says yes.

My head says certainly not. Juventus is Juventus, bigger than any one man and always will be.

Alessandro Del Piero - Page 2 AFC288899888A49460408E67E3AE8F
Alessandro Del Piero - Page 2 OMAR+SIVORIAlessandro Del Piero - Page 2 Michel-Platini-photo-002
Alessandro Del Piero - Page 2 Roberto-Baggio-Juventus-004
Alessandro Del Piero - Page 2 Alessandro_Del_Pierodx

NO DISCUSSION IMO. Future generations must have the opportunity to pull on this shirt. The number 10 of Juventus has a big pedigree, and that lineage should continue.

Why this way, to say good bye.

It was said unofficially months ago this would probably be his last season. We have been expecting it.

Playing else where

He could sign for Inter tomorrow and I will worship the ground he walks on. My hero. Realistically I don't see it...

:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:15 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:
Loyalty

Very. Had other offers during his career, after Calciopoli and our Serie B campaign he wen't on to have two excellent seasons. He could have given those in any other top team.

No. 10

My heart says yes.

My head says certainly not. Juventus is Juventus, bigger than any one man and always will be.

NO DISCUSSION IMO. Future generations must have the opportunity to pull on this shirt. The number 10 of Juventus has a big pedigree, and that lineage should continue.

Why this way, to say good bye.

It was said unofficially months ago this would probably be his last season. We have been expecting it.

Playing else where

He could sign for Inter tomorrow and I will worship the ground he walks on. My hero. Realistically I don't see it...

All those mentioned are no where to be compared to ADP in Juventus history, maybe we can make a case for Boniperti but again it wont be as strong as ADPs case, they can be concidered as a very important part of the clubs history but no where close to legendary status.

Seriously Omar Sivori does'nt even sound Iatian to be compered to ADP I know they both played for ItaliaJuve but common.

Platini sure a great player but its like comparing Stam to Baresi or Maldini.

Baggio might as well include Inzaghi, both contributed almost equally for Juve.

It is really sad to see Juventus fans not understanding the value of ADP and the sympol he represents for their club.

Offers before Clciopoli dont count, I am not talking about that, why would he want to quit a winning club to join an uknown adventure to start with?
After calciopoli I am not sure any serious offers came by. And if any serious offer came by and he really rejected that offer for the sake of the club. Is that how he is told thank you?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:32 pm

"It is really sad to see Juventus fans not understanding the value of ADP and the sympol he represents for their club."

"Offers before Clciopoli dont count, I am not talking about that, why would he want to quit a winning club to join an uknown adventure to start with?
After calciopoli I am not sure any serious offers came by. And if any serious offer came by and he really rejected that offer for the sake of the club. Is that how he is told thank you?"

Stop spewing this outright stupidity. Who is not valuing Del Piero ? How can you retire a number that was worn also by Boniperti ? Here you are saying that respect is not being shown yet retiring one player's number while not the other's who was the best before Del Piero broke the record is respect ? Boniperti is still alive.

His grandson plays for Juventus. When he was subbed on, Giampiero Boniperti cried in the stands when he saw his grandson walking onto the field. You think he does not deserve the same standard of respect ?

Shut up. Manchester United offered him a contract that was confirmed Del Piero, and this was post-Calciopoli. Any big team would have taken a man in his prime who just won the World Cup. Same with any other Juventus man who stayed such as Buffon, Nedved, Trezeguet, and even Camoranesi.

Idiotic thread.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:43 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:"It is really sad to see Juventus fans not understanding the value of ADP and the sympol he represents for their club."

"Offers before Clciopoli dont count, I am not talking about that, why would he want to quit a winning club to join an uknown adventure to start with?
After calciopoli I am not sure any serious offers came by. And if any serious offer came by and he really rejected that offer for the sake of the club. Is that how he is told thank you?"

Stop spewing this outright stupidity. Who is not valuing Del Piero ? How can you retire a number that was worn also by Boniperti ? Here you are saying that respect is not being shown yet retiring one player's number while not the other's who was the best before Del Piero broke the record is respect ? Boniperti is still alive.

His grandson plays for Juventus. When he was subbed on, Giampiero Boniperti cried in the stands when he saw his grandson walking onto the field. You think he does not deserve the same standard of respect ?

Shut up. Manchester United offered him a contract that was confirmed Del Piero, and this was post-Calciopoli. Any big team would have taken a man in his prime who just won the World Cup. Same with any other Juventus man who stayed such as Buffon, Nedved, Trezeguet, and even Camoranesi.

Idiotic thread.
:facepalm:
This tells alot about Juve fans.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:"It is really sad to see Juventus fans not understanding the value of ADP and the sympol he represents for their club."

Idiotic thread.

Juvelcuore I am seriously out of words not trying to be sarcastic here, Boniperti had shirt No. 9.

Man just go crawl back to your cave, learn something about Italy, Italian football, or even Juventus then come back mister.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Baresi he started as 10 in both in style of play and shirt number. With the assembly of the marvelous trio of Boniperti-Sivori-Charles the 10 went to Sivori. Boniperti took no.8 and Charles no.9.

You forget Boniperti also presided over great success for us in a presidential role. A man instrumental in us signing Del Piero for starters.

He is a great, although he shone before my time and I consider Del Piero my captain, my number 10, I respect him equally. Sivori was a Italo Argentine phenomenon, the Maradonna of the 60's as he's often now known. At the time probbably the best player in the world bar Pele. Not quite the same level of status, but nontheless a incredibile player.

Platini, again before my time, but dominated european football in that era; overshadowing Maradonna's early days at Nabuli. Joined Juve aged 27, frankly had he joined earlier we'd be in a dead heat between him and Del Piero-Boniperti. Baggio on the other hand you cannot sum up with awards, trophies and stats. He was a player who gave the fans incredible joy, and passed his craft to a young ADP. As ADP, his quality transcended teams it didn't matter if you supported Inter, Man United or Dynamo Tblisi, you could be entertained by him.

Please don't compare him with Inzaghi....

And please stop trying to paint a sordid picture that we don't appreciate ADP, because the opposite is true.

Still even so, the number shouldn't be retired and I'm certain Alex wouldn't wan't it to be!

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:09 pm

If you believe the number 10 is simply a number, you are mistaken. It is a role that a player takes and distinguishes them in most cases as the hero and leader and pride and soul of the team.

Quite frankly I could not care less about what you think.

Thanks for the warning Devi. Neal told me this forum was accepting of such language but I guess not. Things never change.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:Baresi he started as 10 in both in style of play and shirt number. With the assembly of the marvelous trio of Boniperti-Sivori-Charles the 10 went to Sivori. Boniperti took no.8 and Charles no.9.

You forget Boniperti also presided over great success for us in a presidential role. A man instrumental in us signing Del Piero for starters.

He is a great, although he shone before my time and I consider Del Piero my captain, my number 10, I respect him equally. Sivori was a Italo Argentine phenomenon, the Maradonna of the 60's as he's often now known. At the time probbably the best player in the world bar Pele. Not quite the same level of status, but nontheless a incredibile player.

Platini, again before my time, but dominated european football in that era; overshadowing Maradonna's early days at Nabuli. Joined Juve aged 27, frankly had he joined earlier we'd be in a dead heat between him and Del Piero-Boniperti. Baggio on the other hand you cannot sum up with awards, trophies and stats. He was a player who gave the fans incredible joy, and passed his craft to a young ADP. As ADP, his quality transcended teams it didn't matter if you supported Inter, Man United or Dynamo Tblisi, you could be entertained by him.

Please don't compare him with Inzaghi....

And please stop trying to paint a sordid picture that we don't appreciate ADP, because the opposite is true.

Still even so, the number shouldn't be retired and I'm certain Alex wouldn't wan't it to be!

I am not dying the status of those players at Juventus, I already said they are great players and will always be mentioned in Juventus history, but not anywhere close to the status of ADP, so to say Juve cant retire No.10 because Boniperti wore that No. is just laughable.

As for Boniperti, he was known with the No.9 shirt I am not aware if he had No.10 but all along history Boniperti was the guy with shirt No.9, he might have played the style of 10, bt thats not the point.

So we get back to the initial points, we all know that the shirt wont be retired but why? Doesnt he deserve it, seeing he is the best No.10 is Juventus history, and way ahead of anyother great player that played for Juve. We all know Juve would'nt be the club that it is now without ADP, the guy gave 20 good years for the sake of the club. The only reason I see for not retireing No10 and the way his retirement was handeled is the management doesnt see him the way fans like to see him, they might think that he is not as loyal as we think he is, therefore he doesnt deserve that honour.

ADP scored the highest number of goals in Juve shirt = better than any attacker in Juventus history.
ADP played the most games with Juventus shirt thats = more any other player.
Juventus won the only 2 CLs with ADP thats history = to clubs history.
I am not the one not appritiating ADP, its the way he is treated that generated all those (?s).
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:If you believe the number 10 is simply a number, you are mistaken. It is a role that a player takes and distinguishes them in most cases as the hero and leader and pride and soul of the team.

Quite frankly I could not care less about what you think.

Thanks for the warning Devi. Neal told me this forum was accepting of such language but I guess not. Things never change.

But when we say No.10 cant be retired because X player wore it and it will mean disrespect for him, I am sure you where refering to 10 as simply a number.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Boniperti wore 10 and 8. As I said John Charles wore the number 9. For many years with Giampiero alongside him. Also, Juventus won a CL with Del Piero and another with Platini in the 80's.

Anyway.

ADP is a great, not sure why you are telling me. If i'm honest the idea that he ranks right alongside Ronaldo, Henry and Zidane seems contencious; for me he's definately superior. My favourite player bar none. But alas, has no bearing. The number should not and will not be retired.

Not because he doesn't deserve it, because the story must continue.

Last edited by :{Mr.Mustachio! on Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Alessandro Del Piero - Page 2 Mama
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 pm

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:Boniperti wore 10 and 8. As I said John Charles wore the number 9. For many years with Giampiero alongside him. Also, Juventus won a CL with Del Piero and another with Platini in the 80's.

Anyway.

ADP is a great, not sure why you are telling me. If i'm honest he ranks right alongside Ronaldo and Zidane; for me definately superior. My favourite player bar none. But alas, has no bearing. The number should not and will not be retired.

No he wore 9 and maybe 10 not sure, but HIS number was 9. I cant believe I am debating this with a Juve fan.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:51 pm

@:{Mr.Mustachio! said it perfectly. Del Piero deserves to have it retired, but think of it this way.

If when Boniperti retired people said the same thing, Del Piero would never have worn the number ten, nor would any of the lineage heirs that graced the world of football.

@Cro: I do not take bandwagoners seriously to begin with [support Juventus now ? Guess that is what happens when Calciopoli's cycle dies down], and the fact your post was trivial and meaningless made seriousness about as strong as Inter's history.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:56 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

@Cro: I do not take bandwagoners seriously to begin with [support Juventus now ? Guess that is what happens when Calciopoli's cycle dies down], and the fact your post was trivial and meaningless made seriousness about as strong as Inter's history.

Is that a way to talk to ur new Italian/Juventino bro? Bad JNC Alessandro Del Piero - Page 2 Tuctuc

And btw. Inter's history? Trivial and meaningless? Cmon man 2nd/3rd most Seria A count, and whats more important is they have more CL then us, we only have 2, they have 3, and you know 3 is higher # then 2 Sad
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Hey Cro as a dieheart Juve fan, what do you have to say on the ADP case?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:16 pm

baresi wrote:
:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:Boniperti wore 10 and 8. As I said John Charles wore the number 9. For many years with Giampiero alongside him. Also, Juventus won a CL with Del Piero and another with Platini in the 80's.

Anyway.

ADP is a great, not sure why you are telling me. If i'm honest he ranks right alongside Ronaldo and Zidane; for me definately superior. My favourite player bar none. But alas, has no bearing. The number should not and will not be retired.

No he wore 9 and maybe 10 not sure, but HIS number was 9. I cant believe I am debating this with a Juve fan.

I'm 99.9% certain he wore all three but there you go Smile. 10, then 9 before wearing 8 with Charles at 9 and Sivori 10 as his career was drawing to a close.

The legend he was questions whether we should retire all three possible shirts for good measure, and the number one shirt of Giampiero Combi, Sentimenti IV, Zoff, Buffon...6 of Scirea...etc, etc.

Look I think the 10 deserves retiring for all that have worn it and what they did while doing so, likewise 9, 6, 1 and probably 8 too. But still while my heart says yes my head says no.

In 150 years time, when fans our age will be cheering on their idols, possibly breaking the records of Del Piero, when any tangible link to Alex has passed, they will look at that 10 shirt and it's lineage. When those players pull it on they will feel the weight of history and rise to the very top. Infact far from disrespecting the players it will immortalize them forever.

Last edited by :{Mr.Mustachio! on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:17 pm

baresi wrote:Hey Cro as a dieheart Juve fan, what do you have to say on the ADP case?

Stupid move by Juve president or whatever to announce that now and just stupid that he said it in general, Alex should have said it when and how he wanted.

As for his 10 retiring, im against it, 10 is too much of an epic # to be retired :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:32 pm

On retiring the number.

Usually, only numbers of people who have been with the club since youth are retired, and mostly people who have sons waiting in line.

Also, people who brought unprecedented success (Maradona) are also candidates.

Another thing to consider is the number itself. The numbers 9, 10, 11 are rarely retired because they are usually used as an indication of when a player steps up into a legendary position. ADP did that, and hence anyone after him will be stepping into his shoes.

The way this was declared was classless though, I hope it was according to ADP wishes.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:39 pm

CroInter wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Is that a way to talk to ur new Italian/Juventino bro? Bad JNC Alessandro Del Piero - Page 2 Tuctuc

And btw. Inter's history? Trivial and meaningless? Cmon man 2nd/3rd most Seria A count, and whats more important is they have more CL then us, we only have 2, they have 3, and you know 3 is higher # then 2 Sad

You are not a Juventino. Stop this madness and go back to your team and man up.

Inter's history is trivial and meaningless because they were nothing before Calciopoli. A midtable club that Moratti sunk millions into. I am not sure who this "us" is because you and I share nothing in common.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:14 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:
CroInter wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

You are not a Juventino. Stop this madness and go back to your team and man up.

Inter's history is trivial and meaningless because they were nothing before Calciopoli. A midtable club that Moratti sunk millions into. I am not sure who this "us" is because you and I share nothing in common.

Its ok, you will accept me into ur "true fan club" one day, i know it.
But dude, if you say Inter were nothing before Calciopoli then you are saying we were and still are nothing in Europe, coz they had 2 CL just like us before Calcipoli..... is it true? Are we nothing in Europe? Dont break my heart now bro Sad
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 am

Cro, if you were a Juventus fan, you would know how many finals Juventus has played in, only to lose. It is simply not a favorable outcome for Juventus in most cases.

Check up the Scudetto counts please, oh, and do not forget to incorporate the Ballon d'Ors, contribution to the most successful national team in Europe and arguably in the world, as well as the amount of players who make the Starting XI.

Thanks.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:20 am

CroInter a juve fan hmm

xD

As for retiring the number, this is something I'll never get TBH. Players add to the number's legacy if you retire the number than that legacy is forgotten because you don't see it on the pitch any more.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:23 am

Lord Spencer wrote:On retiring the number.

Usually, only numbers of people who have been with the club since youth are retired, and mostly people who have sons waiting in line.

Also, people who brought unprecedented success (Maradona) are also candidates.

Another thing to consider is the number itself. The numbers 9, 10, 11 are rarely retired because they are usually used as an indication of when a player steps up into a legendary position. ADP did that, and hence anyone after him will be stepping into his shoes.

The way this was declared was classless though, I hope it was according to ADP wishes.

Thank you one of the most reasonable answers, I would have liked to hear such reasoning from a Juventus fan, but what can I say....

Just to point out some things here, in Maldinis case it is 100% right number 3 is not totally retired in Milan, but its only one of the Maldinis that will have the hounor to put it on.

Retiring a number means alot to players, it means appritiation, motivation for the next generation who would'nt want his name and number be reserved in Milans history for ever. Most importantly it creats the sence of loyalty.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:23 am

:{Mr.Mustachio! wrote:............
In 150 years time, when fans our age will be cheering on their idols, possibly breaking the records of Del Piero, when any tangible link to Alex has passed, they will look at that 10 shirt and it's lineage. When those players pull it on they will feel the weight of history and rise to the very top. Infact far from disrespecting the players it will immortalize them forever.

In 150 years fans will be trying to remember who is ADP and what number he wore, just like the Boniperti case we have here. :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 am

Zealous wrote:CroInter a juve fan hmm

xD

As for retiring the number, this is something I'll never get TBH. Players add to the number's legacy if you retire the number than that legacy is forgotten because you don't see it on the pitch any more.

I mean, I would love to have it done only because I have lived through the legacy of Del Piero, in fact, I was born the same year he moved as youngster who showed promise from small club Padova, as opposed to Boniperti who I was not able to witness, but you make the point that I was trying to.

Believe me, if Juventus retired numbers, Del Piero would not be donning the #10 and that is not because he is not worthy, but because so many greats before him had worn it to the extent that it deserved it to be retired, but it was not, because the continuity has to go on. It will hurt, yes, but it has to happen.

Milan fans lost Maldini, Real Madrid fans lost Raul, and Juventus fans will unfortunately have to lose Del Piero. I cried when Nedved left and I will cry even more. Hope to be at his last game in Torino and give him the farewell he deserves. God Bless you Alessandro Del Piero.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next