Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid?

+37
Busby Babe
BiasedMilanFan3
FennecFox7
harhar11
The Franchise
halamadrid2
Pedram
Harmonica
Lord Hades
punkfusion1992
alexjanosik
Jack Daniels
billionmillion
teamanarchy
Thimmy
H.A.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Jeps33178
cyberman
billy_gr
Onyx
S32TABLANCA
guest7
che
Sushi Master
the xcx
Doc
Giovanni10
Adit
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
xabi
jibers
Albiceleste
skali
Swanhends
Gil
41 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? Empty Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid?

Post by Gil Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:24 pm

He's definitely become a more effective player at Madrid and will probably hit another 50 goals this season BUT is it just me or has he lost his superb close control and dribbling ability since his move to Spain?

I mean even Dani f**king Alves was consistently owning him in every single one on one only just a few weeks ago.

Last edited by Gil on Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? Empty Re: Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid?

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:29 pm

He's more one dimensional, for sure

Can't really blame him though, A) He's very good at it and B) He doesn't have much choice....If Madrid doesn't get it from him, where the hell is it going to come from? Higuian? Benzema? Di Maria? Don't make me lulz
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? Empty Re: Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid?

Post by skali Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:31 pm

I would say that defenses in Spain are probably more adept at defending against skilled and fast wingers than their EPL counterparts.

And I don't know about before, but Di Maria for instance is better than Ronaldo in close control and dribbling. Di Maria consistently dribbles against two or three oponents successfully. Of couse he has other issues, but thats offtopic.
skali
skali
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:31 pm

bhends wrote:He's more one dimensional, for sure

Can't really blame him though, A) He's very good at it and B) He doesn't have much choice....If Madrid doesn't get it from him, where the hell is it going to come from? Higuian? Benzema? Di Maria? Don't make me lulz
That's why they should have bought Aguero, he could probably bang in 40 goals at madrid easy :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:32 pm

He's way bigger than when he joined united and is not as agile as he was. His close control is about the same, the difference is the la liga defence. In the prem defenders where always running at him so he used his pace to beat them and it's easier to lose someone that is running towards you as they can't change direction quick enough. In madrid most of the players he's up against are static and defend deep. His dribbling has always been ovverated, when up against players with similar pace or faster such as clichy and cole, he is usually put in their back pocket.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:33 pm

skali wrote:I would say that defenses in Spain are probably more adept at defending against skilled and fast wingers than their EPL counterparts.

And I don't know about before, but Di Maria for instance is better than Ronaldo in close control and dribbling. Di Maria consistently dives against two or three oponents successfully. Of couse he has other issues, but thats offtopic.

fixed :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Aguero isn't a CF though, if they had signed him that would be like trying to fix the hole in your roof by closing the windows
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:34 pm

:facepalm:
20th Ronaldo thread of the week?
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:35 pm

xabi wrote: :facepalm:

Messi's better, you jelly?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:36 pm

jibers wrote:

banana

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Imo, it's a matter of him getting older, and losing agility and flexibility. His body is changing, and he is adding power and muscles.

I dont recall that amazig close control you describe, he has always been about power, speed and agility most of the time.

Also, teams in spain defend better as a group than they do in England Very Happy, you cant just have your way with teams there Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:40 pm

jibers wrote:

sore loser :facepalm: How many times do I have to beat you in fifa before you stop stalking me Laughing

xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:42 pm

xabi wrote:
jibers wrote:

sore loser :facepalm: How many times do I have to beat you in fifa before you stop stalking me Laughing

The man who hates Barca but ironically uses them in fifa 11. You really are a trolls troll.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:44 pm

he has never scored a screamer outside the box for us in open play. Not including freekicks. Then again he never did score many for United either. In La Liga he is closed down with at least 2 defenders where as in EPL defenders used to just dive in. He is definitely becoming less effective when he is outside the box and when he is not on the counter attack.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:48 pm

since he left united and joined madrid he lost his first touch and close control :facepalm:

Its down to tactics,we are very direct counter team.He will get beaten to death by mou if he waste time on ball.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 pm

OT: Lionel Messi, your sig is ridiculous.

You can clearly see Ronaldo is not sprinting full tilt there. His fatigue is obviously showing from the mid-week. This whole Ballesteros thing is such a troll. You people can't be serious.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Really don't know why Gil was negged for that but I really don't think he cares much.

I never really thought Ronaldo was that effective at Man Utd in the 1st place far less for him now. Also, trying to beat Alves with speed is not gonna work too well, he is already pretty fast himself. Usually trickery, one - two's and the good old "caught out of position" through ball does him in but hardly ever seen Alves get beat for pure pace really...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:OT: Lionel Messi, your sig is ridiculous.

You can clearly see Ronaldo is not sprinting full tilt there. His fatigue is obviously showing from the mid-week. This whole Ballesteros thing is such a troll. You people can't be serious.
Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? Diapo20b33f527f2bba07c4a57066ea0c9308

Just kidding man, it's just a joke, lighten up Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:

Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? Diapo20b33f527f2bba07c4a57066ea0c9308

wtf is he saying?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:58 pm

With 2 cojones.

Anyway, back on topic :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:02 pm

I also feel the same. He doesn't dribble as well and his long range kicks and free kicks are total shit. Sure, he's more of a goal threat but team wise he'd be better as he was before, IMO. Extremely wasteful sometimes.

As long as he's always that selfish he's never be better than Messi :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:

:lol!: I know, I'm known in the Real Madrid section as a member of the "anti-Ronaldo movement" I don't even know why I'm jumping to his defense. Suppose its a reflex reaction to protect the players of my team.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 pm

he was never exactly a stellar dribbler in the first place... imho he hasn't changed that much, he scores more goals because he's 100% central to his team's attack which he wasn't at man utd...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:06 pm

Sure he aint no Messi when it comes to passing, but he aint selfish as people make him out to be.

Plus he scored more freekicks than anyone else in top flight football last season.

At United the team was built around him too.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:08 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I also feel the same. He doesn't dribble as well and his long range kicks and free kicks are total shit. Sure, he's more of a goal threat but team wise he'd be better as he was before, IMO. Extremely wasteful sometimes.

As long as he's always that selfish he's never be better than Messi :coffee:

In CR's defense, Madrid is far more reliant on him for goals than Barca is on Messi...he doesn't have much choice
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next