Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid?

+37
Busby Babe
BiasedMilanFan3
FennecFox7
harhar11
The Franchise
halamadrid2
Pedram
Harmonica
Lord Hades
punkfusion1992
alexjanosik
Jack Daniels
billionmillion
teamanarchy
Thimmy
H.A.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Jeps33178
cyberman
billy_gr
Onyx
S32TABLANCA
guest7
che
Sushi Master
the xcx
Doc
Giovanni10
Adit
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
xabi
jibers
Albiceleste
skali
Swanhends
Gil
41 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid?

Post by Swanhends Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I also feel the same. He doesn't dribble as well and his long range kicks and free kicks are total shit. Sure, he's more of a goal threat but team wise he'd be better as he was before, IMO. Extremely wasteful sometimes.

As long as he's always that selfish he's never be better than Messi :coffee:

In CR's defense, Madrid is far more reliant on him for goals than Barca is on Messi...he doesn't have much choice

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid?

Post by che Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:39 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Plus he scored more freekicks than anyone else in top flight football last season.

because he took 174 more than anyone else [citation needed]
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:40 pm

jibers wrote:
xabi wrote:
jibers wrote:
xabi wrote: :facepalm:
20th Ronaldo thread of the week?

Messi's better, you jelly?

sore loser :facepalm: How many times do I have to beat you in fifa before you stop stalking me Laughing

The man who hates Barca but ironically uses them in fifa 11. You really are a trolls troll.

LOL and he is calling me the closet Barca fan :facepalm:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 pm

omarish wrote:
jibers wrote:
xabi wrote:
jibers wrote:
xabi wrote: Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? - Page 2 1625187496
20th Ronaldo thread of the week?

Messi's better, you jelly?

sore loser Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? - Page 2 1625187496 How many times do I have to beat you in fifa before you stop stalking me Laughing

The man who hates Barca but ironically uses them in fifa 11. You really are a trolls troll.

LOL and he is calling me the closet Barca fan Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? - Page 2 1625187496
haha, MMD material.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:46 pm

bhends wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:I also feel the same. He doesn't dribble as well and his long range kicks and free kicks are total shit. Sure, he's more of a goal threat but team wise he'd be better as he was before, IMO. Extremely wasteful sometimes.

In CR's defense, Madrid is far more reliant on him for goals than Barca is on Messi...he doesn't have much choice
Then there's something wrong tactics wise, because Madrid have quality everywhere and should be banging goals for fun.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
bhends wrote:

Then there's something wrong tactics wise, because Madrid have quality everywhere and should be banging goals for fun.

Yep... There was no organization in the attack. I seriously think Mou has gotten lazy and relies on our individual skill too much
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 pm

That Ballasteros celebration is... disturbing.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:36 pm

He's more of a poacher now.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Gil wrote:

I mean even Dani f**king Alves was consistently owning him in every single one on one only just a few weeks ago.
Alves can defend... what's new here?
Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? - Page 2 2859867778
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:21 am

[quote="St_Nick09_of_Goal"]Imo, it's a matter of him getting older, and losing agility and flexibility. His body is changing, and he is adding power and muscles.

I dont recall that amazig close control you describe, he has always been about power, speed and agility most of the time.

Also, teams in spain defend better as a group than they do in England Very Happy, you cant just have your way with teams there Laughing[/quote]
older? wtf?

anyway, its because no one can match cr7s physical gifts, he doesnt need to do a trick to beat a man. in england he was matched phyiscally which meant he had to do something a bit different.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:32 am

It just comes down to tactics, in EPL which is arguably more physical, players would just throw their bodies at ronaldo to get contact on him and he would easily use his speed to get past them.

In La Liga, players tend to stand their ground more seeing as the league is less physical so its harder for ronaldo to dribble.

Though it must be said, Ronaldo's stepovers are shyt now Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? - Page 2 1625187496
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:37 am

ronaldo is using his pace and power far more now than he ever did at utd lol

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:38 am

cyberman wrote:ronaldo is using his pace and power far more now than he ever did at utd lol

your point?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 am

cyberman wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Imo, it's a matter of him getting older, and losing agility and flexibility. His body is changing, and he is adding power and muscles.

I dont recall that amazig close control you describe, he has always been about power, speed and agility most of the time.

Also, teams in spain defend better as a group than they do in England Very Happy, you cant just have your way with teams there Laughing
older? wtf?

anyway, its because no one can match cr7s physical gifts, he doesnt need to do a trick to beat a man. in england he was matched phyiscally which meant he had to do something a bit different.

Disagree, he is still getting closed downed in Spain, it's about time we stop over exaggerating that physical aspect of english football.

There are instances in Spain where Ronaldo could use more close control, but he cant do it, simply because his touch isnt as precise as other dribblers.

He knows he needs space to create separation most of the time, and he maximizes those opportunities.

There were instances in the clasico when Alves was leaving him with not much space, but i didnt see him using close control and elusive movements to lose him. Ronaldo is speed and power, he still does have ridiculous flexibility for his size tho.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:15 am

Yeah ronaldo excels when he has space, take that away from him and it'll show. I have noticed he's not doing the step overs as much as he used to unless I'm imagining things. I think its great that he's maturing, it really shows now.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:27 pm

jibers wrote:He's way bigger than when he joined united and is not as agile as he was. His close control is about the same, the difference is the la liga defence. In the prem defenders where always running at him so he used his pace to beat them and it's easier to lose someone that is running towards you as they can't change direction quick enough. In madrid most of the players he's up against are static and defend deep. His dribbling has always been ovverated, when up against players with similar pace or faster such as clichy and cole, he is usually put in their back pocket.

Jeps33178 wrote:It just comes down to tactics, in EPL which is arguably more physical, players would just throw their bodies at ronaldo to get contact on him and he would easily use his speed to get past them.

In La Liga, players tend to stand their ground more seeing as the league is less physical so its harder for ronaldo to dribble.

Though it must be said, Ronaldo's stepovers are shyt now Has C.Ronaldo become a worse all round player at Real Madrid? - Page 2 1625187496

Thumbs up
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:38 pm

jibers wrote:He's way bigger than when he joined united and is not as agile as he was. His close control is about the same, the difference is the la liga defence. In the prem defenders where always running at him so he used his pace to beat them and it's easier to lose someone that is running towards you as they can't change direction quick enough. In madrid most of the players he's up against are static and defend deep. His dribbling has always been ovverated, when up against players with similar pace or faster such as clichy and cole, he is usually put in their back pocket.

I don't agree with any of this. He may have gotten bigger, but if so, not by a significant amount. I don't see any reason why he would come to a less physical league and decide to beef up, anyway. His close control may be the same, but he very rarely attempts any technical dribbles anymore, if anything at all, it's usually simple stepovers. He was consistently getting past defenders when he first joined Real Madrid, but fans were complaining that his showboating was ruining counter-attacks. Have people already forgotten how often he used to get past multiple players, effortlessly, under Pellegrini? He may have become more one-dimensional and predictable, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of Mourinho's instructions - His goalscoring efficiency is apparent, although his dribbling prowess is non-existent these days. I'm not going to deny that his dribbling ability has always been overrated, to each their own opinion. Regardless of whether that's true or not, I personally admired both his skill and efficiency in dribbling past defenders, during a not-so-distant season that people have already forgotten about. He's scoring more goals now, so nobody seems to care, anyway. I remember when several people were claiming that Ronaldo R9s dribbling ability had always been overrated. It only takes a few games of drop in form to forget several years of excellence, yet.. when players retire, people tend to remember their peak performances again. Damn trolls!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Really?
Cristiano passes like a beast and still dribbles like a champ.
As for dribbling, Di Maria is able to pass just about anybody, so CR doesn't need to take that responsibility
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Thimmy wrote:

I don't agree with any of this. He may have gotten bigger, but if so, not by a significant amount. I don't see any reason why he would come to a less physical league and decide to beef up, anyway. His close control may be the same, but he very rarely attempts any technical dribbles anymore, if anything at all, it's usually simple stepovers. He was consistently getting past defenders when he first joined Real Madrid, but fans were complaining that his showboating was ruining counter-attacks. Have people already forgotten how often he used to get past multiple players, effortlessly, under Pellegrini? He may have become more one-dimensional and predictable, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of Mourinho's instructions - His goalscoring efficiency is apparent, although his dribbling prowess is non-existent these days. I'm not going to deny that his dribbling ability has always been overrated, to each their own opinion. Regardless of whether that's true or not, I personally admired both his skill and efficiency in dribbling past defenders, during a not-so-distant season that people have already forgotten about. He's scoring more goals now, so nobody seems to care, anyway. I remember when several people were claiming that Ronaldo R9s dribbling ability had always been overrated. It only takes a few games of drop in form to forget several years of excellence, yet.. when players retire, people tend to remember their peak performances again. Damn trolls!

I meant he is bigger than when he first came to united so he is not as agile, including before he left as well, as i said he hasn't changed that much tbh. Apologies if you din't understand. I'll expplain it again, when he was smaller, he was more agile, towards the end of his united career and now at madrid he relies more on is pace. Ronaldo has never been a great dribbler, as i said when he encounters someone that is as quick or faste, he is always shackled. He might score a goal, but his game is hindered massively wen he has no space, which is why i feel he doesn't perform against Barca, they keep things very tight and his close control isn't the greatest. With all this being said he is the ebst goal scorer I have seen in my lifetime.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:24 pm

The best goal scorer you’ve seen?
Really? You are a ManU fan. You’ve seen Ruud right?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:53 pm

billy_gr wrote:The best goal scorer you’ve seen?
Really? You are a ManU fan. You’ve seen Ruud right?

He's defnately up there, considerig he isn't a pure striker.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Agreed, but I wouldn’t label him THE best
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 pm

billy_gr wrote:Agreed, but I wouldn’t label him THE best

lol, fair. Never expected you to. He is one of the best goal scorers i hav ever seen, is that better? Very Happy
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Better… I approve now… go in peace…
Cool
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:19 pm

There are 2 reasons, one is his age, another one is the league he is playing.
in la liga teams play short passes so they stay close to each other and ronaldo can not dribble such defence without close control, in epl there are too much space to run

and he is not complete striker without close control and first touch you can not be complete striker, i have seen many times how he loses scoring chance because of bad first touch. if pato was handsome reach, playing madrid and if he had rivalry with messi, i would not see the difference between him and CR
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:54 pm

IMO..

EPL defenders tend to commit into challenges(easier to get past to especially when on the move) more often while in La Liga they tend to do a stand-off which dsn't give him much space which exposes his overrated dibbling ability.

Not saying that the EPL have inferior defenses. albino
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next