shamr9pato
Fadi
c_bernard10
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Allegri's Tactics Empty Allegri's Tactics

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:53 pm

I have been getting increasingly frustrated with Milan's tactics and style of play recently. Allegri's main plan is to have a 'balanced' team. In my opinion, this is just not going to work. We are playing the most boring brand of football out of any big team in Europe. His approach is too cautious and defensive, and this is not what the fans are paying to see. I understand that it won us the Serie A last season, but imagine if we were to come up against Man U or Bayern in the first knock out round of the champion's league. With the speed of their attacking and their style of play, I am afraid it will be embarrassing for us. We don't have the players to defend against that kind of pace. Against Barca it is a different story because they don't attack with the same kind of speed. They build up their plays through possession and killer passing (and through Messi of course). that is why we were able to hold them off for 90 minutes, but against a fast team, I think we are dead. Although I know it is not going to happen, I would like to see Allegri go for games with a little more aggression and confidence in attack. Switch up the formation a little bit to allow Boateng and Aquilani to compliment Van Bommel in midfield. Nocerino is a good player, a Gattuso type player, but if we were to play Boateng in his position and Robinho in the AM position, we will have the box to box running with Boateng, who also will participate in most attacks and have the energy to track back with some speed.... and also it will allow us to play with a little more width. Boateng pushing right, Robinho pushing wide left and Aquilani coming in from LCM to the middle during attacks. I am not an expert in tactics or coaching, but I always wonder how we will look if we were to try tactics similar to this. Even if we expose the back more, the fullbacks won't be as far up the pitch as usual and Nesta, Silva and Van Bommel will still be in the centre. I am sure it won't hurt to try a more energetic, attacking approach against a smaller team and see how it goes. Hopefully it will bring some entertainment to the fans and give us some confidence in our attacking ability. After all, this is what we are going to come up against in the latter stages of Champion's league, if we make it that far.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Allegri's Tactics Empty Re: Allegri's Tactics

Post by Fadi Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:59 pm

welcome to the club!, you're now on arquitico's black list..
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Good for him. I just want to see us win, and do so with a little style. Give us something to enjoy.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:24 pm

i am going to keep quite.. i wont say allegri is tactically bad cox we see him applying his tactics on the pitch and it working like against barca but yesterday i dnt understand what hapend
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:36 pm

stay calm everyone milan always start off slow...we will get a W soon and pick up are game.

Cassano will be traded in January and we will grab Kaka. Don't worry REAL TALK NIGAT!

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagur Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:14 pm

shamr9pato wrote:i am going to keep quite.. i wont say allegri is tactically bad cox we see him applying his tactics on the pitch and it working like against barca but yesterday i dnt understand what hapend

Our attack was outplayed and outmusculed.
Every player was shit after 15 minutes, they are was not any comprehension between Pato-Cassano-Aqua. But that what happens when players are only 2 weeks with club.
Kinda reminds me the match againts Juve last year, we had more possession and played not so bad, but coutres killed us.

As for tactic, I don't see any reason to blame Max, he's doing pretty well. We played with 4-3-3, it didn't work and it'll never work, we just don't have suitable players. I don't see any reasons to change our game model, besides we just don't have a time to conduct some new experiments

Chagur
Chagur
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Maybe we lost yesterday because Napoli were just better than us yesterday

They are getting stronger and stronger every year and for us to predict 3-0 and 3-1 wins against an in-form Napoli is an insult to them.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:42 pm

To be honest, I did not expect to get a result out of the Napoli game. We are no match for Napoli's midfield and attack. They play at a pace that our midfield can't dream to keep up with. With a full squad, we might have had a win, but even so our midfield is mediocre, where as they have a true star in Hamsik and a real underdog in Gargano. But we are a different team with Ibra on the pitch, so I hope he is fit and ready for the rest of the season.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Maybe we lost yesterday because Napoli were just better than us yesterday

They are getting stronger and stronger every year and for us to predict 3-0 and 3-1 wins against an in-form Napoli is an insult to them.

We lost, because Mazzari figured us out. He saw our injuries and our lineup and knew that playing on the counter was a logical choice. It's no use having two ball winners in midfield if the opposition are willing to concede possession. It's no use having your fullbacks burst forward and provide width in attack if neither can cross the ball and neither has an ounce of creativity in them. Mazzari saw this, and realized that there was no danger in playing 10 behind the ball. They sat deep and clogged the middle of the pitch. When too many Milan players were forward (van Bommel charging forward, two fullbacks in the final third), Napoli pounced. When they won the ball back they attacked as a single unit. Their faster midfield left van Bommel and Nocerino (ball winners) far behind them.

Other teams have used this to great success against Milan. This has been apparent to me for quite some time.
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:44 am

this. was. humiliating.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:06 am

Anyway that Robinho can be on the field is something I'd want to see. We haven't had the flair in attack without him (even with Zlatan on the field). I'd prefer him under Zlatan and Pato, but I can see Allegri dropping Pato if he were to put on Robinho. Maybe Pato needs another one of his reality checks that he got last season, remember last season when he saw the bench? He came off of it a monster, lets see what Allegri has in store for us. I'm not going to ask for his head right now, I trust him as a manager and figure he will do the right thing. Against Napoli he did the best with the team he had in front of him, with so many injuries to key players its hard to get a result. For now I'm patient.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Milantildeath wrote:Anyway that Robinho can be on the field is something I'd want to see. We haven't had the flair in attack without him (even with Zlatan on the field). I'd prefer him under Zlatan and Pato, but I can see Allegri dropping Pato if he were to put on Robinho. Maybe Pato needs another one of his reality checks that he got last season, remember last season when he saw the bench? He came off of it a monster, lets see what Allegri has in store for us. I'm not going to ask for his head right now, I trust him as a manager and figure he will do the right thing. Against Napoli he did the best with the team he had in front of him, with so many injuries to key players its hard to get a result. For now I'm patient.
I highly doubt that, I believe we underestimaed Napoli and totally forgot what they are capable of doing at home, especially after their wonderfull performance against Man Ciy.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:12 pm

Cassano is rubish, I hope no one defends him from now on, it will take him more than scoring a few goals and giving out some assists to be concidered a good player again.

I hope we can get our beloved Ancelotti back soon, Allegri might be good coach and a brilliant tactician in the making, but I would still take Carlo over him anyday.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:02 pm

Allegri's tactics won us the league
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:53 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Allegri's tactics won us the league

BiasedMilanFan3 in Elshaarawy thread:

"I don't know if that's the best idea.
Entire Serie A campaigns can be ruined due to faulty starts to the season.

Look at last year, If Inter had had Leonardo as coach for the entire season and not had that bad start, then would have undoubtedly won the league

But we're in a Paloschi situation at the moment. Not many strikers to do the job so we may have to call the kids up.."

Make up your mind already.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:52 pm

I'm referring to Allegri's choice of tactics
Not the results
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:04 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I'm referring to Allegri's choice of tactics
Not the results
Unless you explain what you meant it does'nt make sence.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:59 pm

What a shit weekend.

I had to face the Spurs route of Liverpool and hope Milan can save me and then asshole cavani puts the nail in the coffin.

I'll make it short.

Allegri's tactics were wrong.

I don't understand despite completely outclassing Napoli last year twice, why he decided to play a high line in which Nesta cannot cope.

Nesta and Seedorf simply cannot play 2 matches a week. Seedorf will be a genius when rested but cost us the game with his fatigue and resorted to long balls.

Nocerino is showing the passion but needs to run less and tackle more.

Aquilani is developing well and soon will cement his TQ position earlier then expected.

Once again, playing Pato and cassano is similar to how Rossi and Cassano doesn't work out in Italia as playing to SS forwards without a CF is suicide but then again the slow midfield with fatigued MVB and seedorf didn't do much to help.

Pato and Cassano were wasteful but both thrive when they have the ball at their feet and have a CF to play off. I'll ignore the knee jerks here once again.

I'm worried against Udine as fatigue will show in the squad as Nesta must be dropped for Yepes due to fatigued as simply a deep and dynamic line must be played with fullbacks pushing forward and Nocerino, MVB, Boateng and Aquliani within to help. For defense, pressing must be implemented and we must stop resorting to long ball in the latter stages of the game as seedorf is the biggest criminal to this aspect.

SAF, Ancelotti etc all received criticism for their early failures yet had a much better squad while Allegri has won us a scudetto with the midfield with the pace off molasses. Yet at times Allegri must adapt better to situations within the game.

He reminds of a young Del Bosque who made these rookie mistakes yet always learns from them after the game and improves.

Keep in mind most of our scudetto winning seasons have always started slow.

A result will be made in Udine and it will be positive
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Arquitecto wrote:What a shit weekend.

I had to face the Spurs route of Liverpool and hope Milan can save me and then asshole cavani puts the nail in the coffin.

I'll make it short.

I don't understand despite completely outclassing Napoli last year twice, why he decided to play a high line in which Nesta cannot cope.

Nesta and Seedorf simply cannot play 2 matches a week. Seedorf will be a genius when rested but cost us the game with his fatigue and resorted to long balls.

Aquilani is developing well and soon will cement his TQ position earlier then expected.

Once again, playing Pato and cassano is similar to how Rossi and Cassano doesn't work out in Italia as playing to SS forwards without a CF is suicide but then again the slow midfield with fatigued MVB and seedorf didn't do much to help.

Pato and Cassano were wasteful but both thrive when they have the ball at their feet and have a CF to play off. I'll ignore the knee jerks here once again.

I'm worried against Udine as fatigue will show in the squad as Nesta must be dropped for Yepes due to fatigued as simply a deep and dynamic line must be played with fullbacks pushing forward and Nocerino, MVB, Boateng and Aquliani within to help. For defense, pressing must be implemented and we must stop resorting to long ball in the latter stages of the game as seedorf is the biggest criminal to this aspect.

SAF, Ancelotti etc all received criticism for their early failures yet had a much better squad while Allegri has won us a scudetto with the midfield with the pace off molasses. Yet at times Allegri must adapt better to situations within the game.

He reminds of a young Del Bosque who made these rookie mistakes yet always learns from them after the game and improves.

You're confusing me...

First you point out the obvious mistakes Allegri made, which I agree with, then you go on to describe why he is a good manager and will develop to be great.

Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 pm

ACMRox wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:What a shit weekend.

I'll make it short.

You're confusing me...

First you point out the obvious mistakes Allegri made, which I agree with, then you go on to describe why he is a good manager and will develop to be great.

I can describe mistakes even worse from Mou, Pep, VDB, Cruyff, Capello, Lippi, and it doesn't mean they are all not great managers.

Allegri has made mistakes as he made fatal ones against Napoli, yet his potential as a manager is proven and is very mature and intelligent as a manager of his age.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:00 pm

baresi wrote:
Not the results

You may not agree with Allegri's gritty tactics but they resulted in us winning the league

Same goes for Arsenal and the results they get

What do you prefer, to kick 3 beautiful goals every match or pull 3 points every match?
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:07 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
baresi wrote:
Not the results

You may not agree with Allegri's gritty tactics but they resulted in us winning the league

What do you prefer, to kick 3 beautiful goals every match or pull 3 points every match?

I don't think anyone realizes Allegri's subtle hints that he wants a midfield actually capable of attuning to his system but he has to compromise until Jan.

The midfield is the root of the problem and NEEDS to be reinforced. I have faith that it will be though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:35 am

@Arq Don't even talk about this weekend of football. It was quite possibly the most demoralizing weekend ever. For starters, I wake up around 8 am on Saturday because I want to catch the Dortmund game. We had a 1-0 lead in the 86rd min and actually had a sweet opportunity to take a 2-0 lead (Grosskreutz shot one over the bar after a great cross), I knew it would come back and bite us. So yes, in about the 86rd Hannover puts in the equalizer and maybe 2-3 min later Ya Konan puts one in on a half volley from 23 yards out. Game, set and match.

So like you I'm eager to watch my Milan. Don't get me wrong, I watched the whole Napoli v City game, I didn't expect an easy W. But Aqualin puts in a early one and things are starting to look up. But we all know how that one went, I don't think I need to say anymore.

My last hope as arrived, I'm playing in the season opener at 7pm for my new team. I start off in goal as this team has implemented a GK rotation, I just wanted to get my half in goal over with (I'm an excellent keeper, just short). I manage to keep a clean sheet but this team had about 15-20 shots and most were on target. The team tries to convince me to stay in goal but I explain to them that we didn't even get a sniff at their goal. Second half kicks off and I start as our CAM. Within' 5 min I make a few moves and find our cm who proceeds to put in a sweet cross for the first goal. 5-10 min later I whip in what I like to thing was the greatest corner of my life (It just curved perfectly to the same ST who put in his second header of the game.

Somehow the team doesn't understand how to play any possession football and 2-0 becomes 2-3 in the span of 10 minuets if not less. Not to mention catching a knee to my lower back from my own teammate. I won't say my football weekend was worse than yours, but it's definitely putting up a good fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:26 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
baresi wrote:
Not the results

I hope you realize that we can't do either of them at the moment. lol
I would love to see us kick at least one beautiful goal sometime soon. We haven't been very exciting.

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:13 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:@Arq Don't even talk about this weekend of football. It was quite possibly the most demoralizing weekend ever. For starters, I wake up around 8 am on Saturday because I want to catch the Dortmund game. We had a 1-0 lead in the 86rd min and actually had a sweet opportunity to take a 2-0 lead (Grosskreutz shot one over the bar after a great cross), I knew it would come back and bite us. So yes, in about the 86rd Hannover puts in the equalizer and maybe 2-3 min later Ya Konan puts one in on a half volley from 23 yards out. Game, set and match.

So like you I'm eager to watch my Milan. Don't get me wrong, I watched the whole Napoli v City game, I didn't expect an easy W. But Aqualin puts in a early one and things are starting to look up. But we all know how that one went, I don't think I need to say anymore.

My last hope as arrived, I'm playing in the season opener at 7pm for my new team. I start off in goal as this team has implemented a GK rotation, I just wanted to get my half in goal over with (I'm an excellent keeper, just short). I manage to keep a clean sheet but this team had about 15-20 shots and most were on target. The team tries to convince me to stay in goal but I explain to them that we didn't even get a sniff at their goal. Second half kicks off and I start as our CAM. Within' 5 min I make a few moves and find our cm who proceeds to put in a sweet cross for the first goal. 5-10 min later I whip in what I like to thing was the greatest corner of my life (It just curved perfectly to the same ST who put in his second header of the game.

Somehow the team doesn't understand how to play any possession football and 2-0 becomes 2-3 in the span of 10 minuets if not less. Not to mention catching a knee to my lower back from my own teammate. I won't say my football weekend was worse than yours, but it's definitely putting up a good fight.

I'm with you man, as explained, the Liverpool game was only the start.

Sad to see Dortmund in such poor form as I hope they pick up. I like Klopp and he is absolutely hilarious along with the fact that I love watching the team play along with their refreshing philosophy.

I hope they pick up.

Interesting words on your match as I remember playing against one of those cocky extramadurian teams that travel up north over hear and simply sit back waiting for any chance as this was 2 years back and as it was 1-0 for us yet we still continued to attack not knowing their plan. Eventually, they woke from their clever act of slumber and shot past us on counterattack as I was on fault for the goal since I completely made a fool of myself missing the last tackle on a player who provided a the pass to the goalscorer.

The trick is to always keep an eye on the surroundings and be aware. But easier said then done.

I notice when these types of catastrophic footballing weekends happen, always and I mean always there is a great result followed by that. I'm religious of sorts and tend to believe in these things.

Lets hope for the best.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next