Kick
lszanto
Gil
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RDM's tactics next season Empty RDM's tactics next season

Post by Gil Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:10 am

How do you think he will/we should play next year?

Will Ramires continue on the right?

Will Lamps keep his place?

Will be still sit back and hit on the counter?

Will he continue with 4-2-3-1?

Will we play with more fluidity or rely on individual brilliance?

etc etc
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

RDM's tactics next season Empty Re: RDM's tactics next season

Post by lszanto Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:31 am

Don't quite know, I don't think we will sit back and counter as it's just not our style. The only reason we did that was we were competently outmatched and it was the only way we were going to get something out of the match.

What i'd like to see:

Hazard - Torres - Mata
Oscar/Lampard
Mikel/Essien - Ramires
Cole - Terry - Luiz - Ivan/Azp
Cech

I think first game will look like:

Torres
Marin - Hazard - Ramires
Lampard - Essien
Cole - Terry - Cahill - Ivanovic
Cech

RDM said he'll use more than one formation so i'd say the main ones we'll see are 4231 and 433. 433 will work better when we are using Oscar but he seems versatile enough to adapt.

For me our biggest issue last season was not being able "kill off games". A few seasons back we'd win against the weaker teams easily with 4+ goals being scored(wigan 8-0 :bow). Last season was frustrating in that we'd dominate the match but never be able to deliver the killer blow. We'd hold possession and make a few chances and never convert, then the opposition would counter and we'd look like conceding every time they countered. Whether it's Torres or our collection of AM's scoring it doesn't really bother me as long as we are able to bang them in. We only scored 65 and 69 in the past 2 seasons compared to our record breaking 103 in 09/10.

Players like Oscar are very team based where as Hazard could be seen as a lot more individual so ideally our team gels well and we will be much more of a unit rather than relying on a piece of brilliance from Hazard or Mata to score our goals.

All that said I guess well will see, i'm keen to see how RDM implements all the players hopefully Oscar can see alot of the pitch and develop more as I think he can become a very key player for us that keeps us ticking over in the way we really need.

lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:32 am

We are going to play the Christmas Tree with Hoofball tactics
RDM's tactics next season 567d4330074c3b1bfe5065581ea096db
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:33 am

Also on Ramires I think he'll play on the right unless we get Moses/Hulk/Schurrle etc who would take his place on the right.

What are your thoughts on him in the pivot cause the general impression I get from most is that don't like/want him there.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:39 am

He runs too much for the pivot, when there is three men in CM that is good because he is the one to cover ground but the Pivot needs to be more structured.

I feel we could concede should he be too adventurous in the pivot.

I agree with Izanto as well. Except I would add this as another possible formation:

Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Romeu
Ramires Oscar
Mata Torres Hazard
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:42 am

Kick wrote:We are going to play the Christmas Tree with Hoofball tactics
RDM's tactics next season 567d4330074c3b1bfe5065581ea096db
Ugh Kick. You were doing so well. Hadn't mentioned the Christmas tree even once in weeks. Now you've slipped back into it, with zero indication or warning whatsoever, in the true addict's fashion. SMH

Laughing
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:44 am

Playing with it on Fifa right now.

My hand was shaking and I was having terrible fits. I just had to relapse. Sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 am

Lmao! Christmas tree rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:48 am

Ok, Serious answers now.

Gil wrote:How do you think he will/we should play next year? See Iszanto's post.

Will Ramires continue on the right? I think he will be used all over but primarily on the RW. If we don't sign a RB he could play a big part at RB.

Will Lamps keep his place? untill Oscar has settled undoubtedly Lampard will be a starter.

Will be still sit back and hit on the counter? I believe we will play attacking possession football, no high line though Evil or Very Mad

Will he continue with 4-2-3-1? Mostly Yes, but I can also see us using the 4-3-3 a lot.

Will we play with more fluidity or rely on individual brilliance? At the begining we will rely on Mata and Hazard's brilliance mainly with Ramires and Lampard chipping in but as the season goes on I can see us becoming more and more Fluid, and Dangerous. I think we will have a doubly Hazardous end to the season so you better bring HazMat suits! /Lamejoke

etc etc
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 pm

If Torres starts delivering the babies we will have an easy time and the team will gel easily. So basically depends on Torres scoring, and the midfield would still depend on Lampard IMO. He is still one of the key players n leaders.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Wheres this new thing with Mata on the right coming from, Id rather see him in the middle and if not then the left. I don't think he needs much rest imo, he played 6mins in Euros and he out of the Olmpyics already. I mean sure he has been training etc but I wouldn't rule him out to start the first game of the season.

Lampard sucks at AM lets get that in before the start of the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Oscar start the Reading match after a cameo vs Wigan from the bench.

Am somewhat worried about Rambo on the RW vs teams we have to break down, but we shall see because theres still a month left in the market. Looks like Danny is hitting some form too, although he should stick to CF.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:28 pm

When Oscar plays, Mata will have to move to the right to add width, Why the right? Because he will have better defensive players behind him on the right in Ramires and Ivanovic which will mean he has to do less defending.

Hazard has a great work rate so he can start on the left.

If Oscar doesn't start Mata is an automatic AM starter.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Can't believe people still want Rambo out on the right ffs.

Against the elite wingers/wide players I'd probably want him out there and especially against Barca but apart from specific defensive assignments and and teams like Barca who leave loads of space for him to exploit he's useless out wide. Can't beat a man, can't cross, no vision, weak shot etc.

He has three exceptional qualities, elite stamina, pace & defense. He should be playing in the middle IMO. As long as his distribution is solid and he leaves the playmaking to Mikel I see no reason why he shouldn't be playing there.

His runs into the box from deep are nearly impossible to track, his finishing has improved abit & his pace usually allows him to get past CM's.

The Ramires on the right experiment was effective when we were hitting teams on the counter but it needs to stop if we want to progress as a unit next year.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:26 pm

You do realise that Mata is a killer ball master and its almost as bad as putting Ozil on the wing. Just because Oscar plays in middle doesn't mean that Mata can't either, if you watch him, playing him just as a ten is a massive waste.

Work rate doesn't mean you can defend better either, many games am sure Mata had the highest distance ran yet we know hes shit defensively and Mata will add width on the right by cutting in his left foot and drifting inside all the time?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm

Abramovich wrote:Wheres this new thing with Mata on the right coming from, Id rather see him in the middle and if not then the left. I don't think he needs much rest imo, he played 6mins in Euros and he out of the Olmpyics already. I mean sure he has been training etc but I wouldn't rule him out to start the first game of the season.

Lampard sucks at AM lets get that in before the start of the season, I wouldn't be surprised to see Oscar start the Reading match after a cameo vs Wigan from the bench.

Am somewhat worried about Rambo on the RW vs teams we have to break down, but we shall see because theres still a month left in the market. Looks like Danny is hitting some form too, although he should stick to CF.

Agreed I'd prefer him on the left or middle as well but we have two players better than him in those positions now. So he has to be content playing there for now.

As long as RDM encourages Oscar and Mata to swap positions from time to time it could work.

Just need a Right wingback to provide width to allow him more space to work with.

Pizza Check Sad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Abramovich wrote:You do realise that Mata is a killer ball master and its almost as bad as putting Ozil on the wing. Just because Oscar plays in middle doesn't mean that Mata can't either, if you watch him, playing him just as a ten is a massive waste.

Work rate doesn't mean you can defend better either, many games am sure Mata had the highest distance ran yet we know hes shit defensively and Mata will add width on the right by cutting in his left foot and drifting inside all the time?

We're a poor side defensively we can't afford to continue playing him in the middle anymore if we're going to be playing a more expansive game next season.

He has a GOAT finalball but he really doesn't need to be playing through the middle to use it. See Silva.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:25 am

So you guys believe that Oscar is a starter?
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:26 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:So you guys believe that Oscar is a starter?

Right away no, i'd expect in a few months that he'll be close or at least sharing minutes with Lampard.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:32 am

lszanto wrote:Right away no, i'd expect in a few months that he'll be close or at least sharing minutes with Lampard.
Same
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 am

Ok so if he doesnt start and if he is about to replace Lampard as a CM/DM (which is his current position) Mata or Hazard plays AM. is it?

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:23 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:Ok so if he doesnt start and if he is about to replace Lampard as a CM/DM (which is his current position) Mata or Hazard plays AM. is it?

He's an AM/CM, I wouldn't play him DM as that's not really his position. I think we're more likely to play a 433 with Oscar on as it just makes sense.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:21 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:So you guys believe that Oscar is a starter?

He'll offer a balance to our attack and midfield none of our other midfielders can so yeah he should.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:28 pm

A formation that hasn't been discussed is a 4-1-4-1, it is very likely RDM goes with this. In fact most of preseason our formation looked like that then 4-2-3-1. Lampard hasn't looked liked he was playing in the pivot so far, he was always bombing forward and stationed higher up in the pitch.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:32 pm

if Hazard starts as AM instead of Mata i will rage,the guy simply cant play there
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:40 am

I dont mind Oscar starting if he plays like he plays for Brazil... i just dont want him to end up doing a Kakuta...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next