Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football?

+45
InterMalia
JAY-Z
Super_Floren
Lord Spencer
billionmillion
SaintJoe
alexjanosik
billy_gr
Doc
the xcx
Kev
izzy
xabi
matpol
cheesy
Albiceleste
buddytaller
jibers
guest7
free_cat
Babun
VivaStPauli
Freeza
baresi
Gil
che
_LMG_10_
Pedram
kiranr
Eivindo
JuvenelCuore
nichabr
FennecFox7
Arquitecto
Giuvitojuve
Sushi Master
OLpower
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kevin_Muscat
BeautifulGame
chinomaster182
zizzle
The Madrid One
49 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Whats Your Take On Football?

Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 11 Vote_lcap31%Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 11 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 16 ]
Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 11 Vote_lcap69%Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 11 Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 35 ]

Total Votes : 51

Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 11 Empty Re: Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football?

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:52 pm

The general public will of course be attracted to flashy, entertaining football and not tactical grindfests.

But of course, the general public doesn't really know enough about football to appreciate all aspects of it, but it's why more people talk about the 1970s Ajax rather than the 1970s Bayern or Germany. Ajax played beautiful flowing football while Bayern/Germany was pretty much all about efficiency.

The same will happen to today's Barcelona and Spain. This era will be about them and then the rest.

We also have to take in mind how notoriously glory hunter most mainstream people are. Since Barca play pretty AND win a shitload of titles... damn who wouldn't wanna follow them?

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 11 Empty Re: Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football?

Post by billy_gr Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:54 pm

why not combine both?

efficiency and style....
it can happen
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:Who is talking to you?

I dont have brains? The amount of people who have owned you and your only comeback is "you dont understand" lol

Go back under whatever rock you crawled out from under, do us a favour.
who owned me and why are you mad?

seriously over words over the internet?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:04 pm

Sushi Master wrote:The general public will of course be attracted to flashy, entertaining football and not tactical grindfests.

But of course, the general public doesn't really know enough about football to appreciate all aspects of it, but it's why more people talk about the 1970s Ajax rather than the 1970s Bayern or Germany. Ajax played beautiful flowing football while Bayern/Germany was pretty much all about efficiency.

The same will happen to today's Barcelona and Spain. This era will be about them and then the rest.

We also have to take in mind how notoriously glory hunter most mainstream people are. Since Barca play pretty AND win a shitload of titles... damn who wouldn't wanna follow them?
see this is what the franchise doesnt get, that playing style is directed by the tactics behind the game, but according to him and to many, you cant really play well without playing "pretty" and thats not really the way it should go.

thats where terms like anti football come from, from ignorance.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_Muscat Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:08 pm

billy_gr wrote:why not combine both?

efficiency and style....
it can happen

yeah barca is doing it. winning with style.

Kevin_Muscat
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Kevin_Muscat wrote:

efficiency and style....
it can happen

Yeah, it's why Barca has the bandwaggon legion behind them and not Madrid.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Kevin_Muscat wrote:

efficiency and style....
it can happen

Yeah, it's why Barca has the bandwaggon legion behind them and not Madrid.

Real Madrid is the hipster bandwagon because it's the rival of the best team in the world.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:
I dont need a lecture on the German NT.

I am giving anyone lecture here either.

The Franchise wrote:

But fact is, Germany won that game, but more people know the Dutch...they were seen as the best side in that competition and are far more remembed then Germany..why is that?

Ajax and the Dutch werent the same...they had some of the same players..some.

Clutching at straws. Rinus Michels built the Ajax team from scratch and developed total football with them and he was the coach of Netherlands when they played in 1974 WC unless i am mistaken.And they were build around Cryuff just like Ajax.The national team was more or less mirror reflection of the Ajax team.

If Ajax had failed miserably no one would have remembered them and simply called the total football as impotent system.Its winning with the system that made Total football popular not just that that Ajax played it.

The Franchise wrote:

And no, the football isnt secondary. How come we dont remember all the teams that won? How come these teams stick out more? Its their football.

Which team that has won loads of trophies and are not remembered as great? We are not taking about every team that win a micky mouse trophy.These teams have won 3,4 or even 5(Madrid's case) CL trophies.most remember all these teams that won similar level of trophies are great teams and have legacy of their own.

The Franchise wrote:

And I didnt say because Sacchi is saying it, I am right. I am just wondering, if Sacchi was telling you this and not me, would you argue it. I dont think you would.

Why wouldn't i if he was wrong.Just because he is a great doesnt mean i would agree with him whatever he says.Same way i wouldnt agree with when Mourinho or Pele make absurd claims.Everyone has their one brain and can think for themselves so dont need to accept whatever a great says just because he is a great.

P.S.

And this isnt a dig at Sacchi before any Milan fans misunderstood me.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:01 pm

The Madrid One wrote:

I dont have brains? The amount of people who have owned you and your only comeback is "you dont understand" lol

Yeah, everyone who has had a debate with you has won, simply because you refuse to answer questions.

Mad? Me? Nah, Its like being a teacher on here. You cant really get angry/upset/frustrated by the stupid kids, its not their fault.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:03 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:The general public will of course be attracted to flashy, entertaining football and not tactical grindfests.

see this is what the franchise doesnt get, that playing style is directed by the tactics behind the game, but according to him and to many, you cant really play well without playing "pretty" and thats not really the way it should go.

thats where terms like anti football come from, from ignorance.

Again, where did I said you cant play well or be successful without playing pretty? Quote me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

Yeah, everyone who has had a debate with you has won, simply because you refuse to answer questions.

Mad? Me? Nah, Its like being a teacher on here. You cant really get angry/upset/frustrated by the stupid kids, its not their fault.

it took you an hour to come up with your witty remark?

i dont know why freecat,kiranr,you, many barca fans get heated up so easily, way too sensitive, and i warned you to take it lightly, that was the first thing i posted in this thread.

im not going to argue with you because it wont take this anywhere, over the last 16 or so pages ive said what i want to say and the poll reflects what i expected. and anyways why do you try to discuss things that dont come to topic, youre still going crazy trying to defend your stance that beautiful football is remembered more. even if it is whats the point?

just dont be so sensitive, i see how you tell people to go in the barca forum, you guys are way too sensitive, turn defensive and then aggressive. either be civilized or go away.

i am done with you.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:09 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
I dont need a lecture on the German NT.

I am giving anyone lecture here either.

The Franchise wrote:

But fact is, Germany won that game, but more people know the Dutch...they were seen as the best side in that competition and are far more remembed then Germany..why is that?

Ajax and the Dutch werent the same...they had some of the same players..some.

Clutching at straws. Rinus Michels built the Ajax team from scratch and developed total football with them and he was the coach of Netherlands when they played in 1974 WC unless i am mistaken.And they were build around Cryuff just like Ajax.The national team was more or less mirror reflection of the Ajax team.

If Ajax had failed miserably no one would have remembered them and simply called the total football as impotent system.Its winning with the system that made Total football popular not just that that Ajax played it.

The Franchise wrote:

And no, the football isnt secondary. How come we dont remember all the teams that won? How come these teams stick out more? Its their football.

Which team that has won loads of trophies and are not remembered as great? We are not taking about every team that win a micky mouse trophy.These teams have won 3,4 or even 5(Madrid's case) CL trophies.most remember all these teams that won similar level of trophies are great teams and have legacy of their own.

The Franchise wrote:

And I didnt say because Sacchi is saying it, I am right. I am just wondering, if Sacchi was telling you this and not me, would you argue it. I dont think you would.

Why wouldn't i if he was wrong.Just because he is a great doesnt mean i would agree with him whatever he says.Same way i wouldnt agree with when Mourinho or Pele make absurd claims.Everyone has their one brain and can think for themselves so dont need to accept whatever a great says just because he is a great.

P.S.

And this isnt a dig at Sacchi before any Milan fans misunderstood me.

More lectures. Again, answer the question. How come Holland were seen as better and are remembered more foundly despite Germany winning? Why havent you answered that?

Your talking about Ajax, but they didnt beat Germany did they? Why is it Germany arent better recognised in comparison to the Holland NT? The Holland NT (not Ajax) are what people remember from Total football.

Again, why do the teams I name stick out? Seperate "great teams" with legendary teams who are seen as the very best in history. Why are you not answering these questions directly?

As for Sacchi, dont know why, but you wouldnt. If yesturday an article was posted on goal.com with him saying exactly what I said, hardly anyone would question it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:13 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

it took you an hour to come up with your witty remark?

i dont know why freecat,kiranr,you, many barca fans get heated up so easily, way too sensitive, and i warned you to take it lightly, that was the first thing i posted in this thread.

im not going to argue with you because it wont take this anywhere, over the last 16 or so pages ive said what i want to say and the poll reflects what i expected.

just dont be so sensitive, i see how you tell people to go in the barca forum, you guys are way too sensitive, turn defensive and then aggressive. either be civilized or go away.

i am done with you.

Or I have other things to do with my time? Have I been online for an hour posting posts and ignoring yours?

Sensitive? I think your the one having mood swings brought on by pms or something. Be civilized or go away? lol

You aint done with me and you know it. You cant help yourself.

You just keep getting owned and coming back with random "you dont understand" and "your being sensitive" instead of answering the questions.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Yes I believe there is just one correct way to play the game.
And that is the Johan Cruyff and Xavi Hernandez way.I belong to the Cruyff school of thought and for me there will always ever be only one way to play the game.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:35 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Yes I believe there is just one correct way to play the game.
And that is the Johan Cruyff and Xavi Hernandez way.I belong to the Cruyff school of thought and for me there will always ever be only one way to play the game.

and thats just how it is.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:44 pm

And to the genius who said Italy will always beat the great attacking teams, get real son.
This Barca team will wipe the floor with every Italian team through history.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:50 pm

alexjanosik wrote:And to the genius who said Italy will always beat the great attacking teams, get real son.

Not Inter though
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:53 pm

SaintJoe wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:And to the genius who said Italy will always beat the great attacking teams, get real son.

Not Inter though

You can thank the volcano for that.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:10 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
SaintJoe wrote:

Not Inter though

excuses Rolling Eyes
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_Muscat Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 pm

The xcx wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:
SaintJoe wrote:

Not Inter though

excuses Rolling Eyes

better excuse than "unicef".

Kevin_Muscat
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:More lectures. Again, answer the question. How come Holland were seen as better and are remembered more foundly despite Germany winning? Why havent you answered that?

Your talking about Ajax, but they didnt beat Germany did they? Why is it Germany arent better recognised in comparison to the Holland NT? The Holland NT (not Ajax) are what people remember from Total football.

Again, why do the teams I name stick out? Seperate "great teams" with legendary teams who are seen as the very best in history. Why are you not answering these questions directly?

As for Sacchi, dont know why, but you wouldnt. If yesturday an article was posted on goal.com with him saying exactly what I said, hardly anyone would question it.

Germany is remembered as the team that won the 1974 world cup, when the odds were against them, there are other subjective views such as yours.

As has been stated earlier total football was invented by Rinus Michels who won the 71,72 and 73 European cup with Cruyff as Ajax's star player, It was the same Rinus Michels and Cryuff who transfered the total football to the national team. Six Ajax players and Cryuff (then with Barcelona) started the final match against Germany.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 pm

SaintJoe wrote:

Not Inter though
"This Barca"
Not injury plagued Ibrahimovic Barca. 2010-2011 or 2011-2012 Barca would wipe the floor with 2009-2010 Inter.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:29 am

buddytaller wrote:
The Franchise wrote:More lectures. Again, answer the question. How come Holland were seen as better and are remembered more foundly despite Germany winning? Why havent you answered that?

Germany is remembered as the team that won the 1974 world cup, when the odds were against them, there are other subjective views such as yours.

As has been stated earlier total football was invented by Rinus Michels who won the 71,72 and 73 European cup with Cruyff as Ajax's star player, It was the same Rinus Michels and Cryuff who transfered the total football to the national team. Six Ajax players and Cryuff (then with Barcelona) started the final match against Germany.

Nonesense. People know the total football of the Dutch, the average football fan would of heard of that team who played total football. They are less likely to of heard of the dull (in comparison) German team who beat them.

Without people looking it up, if you asked people to name the players and talk about how they played they would struggle.

Ask them to talk about that Dutch side and it would be easy.

And again, why are you lecturing me about Holland..like I already dont know that info. How is that relevant?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:37 am

"real football is pain for legs" you should add this
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:42 am

alexjanosik wrote:Yes I believe there is just one correct way to play the game.

Look Below

Last edited by Arquitecto on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:43 am

Alex,

With respect to you buddy your comment on Barca vs the past Azzuri teams is near laughable as:

1. There is no way to prove this as its fallacious.
2. You CRIMINALLY underrate the past Azzuri teams and Italian teams in general.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next