Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football?

+45
InterMalia
JAY-Z
Super_Floren
Lord Spencer
billionmillion
SaintJoe
alexjanosik
billy_gr
Doc
the xcx
Kev
izzy
xabi
matpol
cheesy
Albiceleste
buddytaller
jibers
guest7
free_cat
Babun
VivaStPauli
Freeza
baresi
Gil
che
_LMG_10_
Pedram
kiranr
Eivindo
JuvenelCuore
nichabr
FennecFox7
Arquitecto
Giuvitojuve
Sushi Master
OLpower
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kevin_Muscat
BeautifulGame
chinomaster182
zizzle
The Madrid One
49 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Whats Your Take On Football?

Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 16 ]
Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 3 Vote_lcap69%Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 35 ]

Total Votes : 51

Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football?

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Look there is no " correct way to play football" there are many different styles but iam against defensive football in all its forms.

Same with attacking football no is no one absolute in dominating attacking football and Catenaccio was not all out defense like Park the Bus is there was atleast an attacking plan involved in the tactics.

So to end this i am fine with all styles of football except the park the bus tactics where the team using it is only really aiming to get a 0-0 draw.

Note: I am talking the variation of parking the bus where the team is only focused on getting a 0-0 draw.
point proven, you chose option 1. if you dont go for defensive football, then that means you dont think its winning football and you cant possibly role with option 2 more.

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is There A "Correct" Way To Play Football?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Look there is no " correct way to play football" there are many different styles but iam against defensive football in all its forms.

Same with attacking football no is no one absolute in dominating attacking football and Catenaccio was not all out defense like Park the Bus is there was atleast an attacking plan involved in the tactics.

So to end this i am fine with all styles of football except the park the bus tactics where the team using it is only really aiming to get a 0-0 draw.

Note: I am talking the variation of parking the bus where the team is only focused on getting a 0-0 draw.
point proven, you chose option 1. if you dont go for defensive football, then that means you dont think its winning football and you cant possibly role with option 2 more.

It's winning football aslong as there's an attacking plan involved with the defensive tactics and that i have no issues with.

It's the eleven men behind the ball only playing for a 0-0 draw is what i dont like and tbh i dont see how anyone can like that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I do not mind defensive tactics at all if they are employed reasonably.

People also underestimate the sexyness of a well executed counter attack. 3 passes and then a goal (Inter in CL win, Germany in the WC) can be just as good as 100 short passes to the goal line (Barcelona, Arsenal).

As usual, the extremes are not good at all. Very negative football with long balls to nowhere or praying for a set piece goal can become a borefest. A 1000 sideways and backward passes with no real end to them can be as annoying as a fat cockblock.

I guess I'm just a football whore.
i think that defensive football can beat attacking football though.

michel platini is correct when he says that defense has always come on top of attack, chelsea,madrid, both victims of outside factrs, proving the only reason why they didnt win against barcelona. what did they label chelsea's and madrid's football as? anti football. my point is proven in every way just look down at history.

italy beat brazil
strategy can beat barcelona

and with the right mentality and good players people can rip spain into pieces.

(germany,italy)
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Depends, on a 2 leg encounter it makes perfect sence.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Giuvitojuve Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Yep. With your feet.

Giuvitojuve
Giuvitojuve
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

It's winning football aslong as there's an attacking plan involved with the defensive tactics and that i have no issues with.

It's the eleven men behind the ball only playing for a 0-0 draw is what i dont like and tbh i dont see how anyone can like that.
its part of strategy mole. if you go for a 0-0, and then for a 1-1 or, 1-0 victory over a 2 leg encounter, the football on the mind wins.

why do you think heleno herrira once said.

WE HAVE WON THE MATCH BEFORE EVEN GETTING OFf THE BUS.

giovanni trappatoni- catenaccio ruled our defeat as far as possible, but after all catenaccio is only a method to simply defend and counter attack, which has been proven to work, no matter what its name.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Balance, moderation and equilibrium.

These are the keys words that is the correct way of playing football as there is NO black and white.

Yes, football is meant to be pleasing to the eye... to an extent.

To the extent where the attractive football is installed and bred with tacts, intelligent play and strategy.

The ability to improvise, adapt and think on your feet. The ability to balance between defense and offense.

Examples of who mastered this?

Sacchi, Capello and Ancelotti's Milan. Lippi's Juve. Del Bosques' Spanish side. Brazil 2002.

Many more as I could go on.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:27 pm

I agree 100%.

Brazil plays ultra attacking football, but they couldn't even get past the knockout stages in the copa. Same with argentina.

Paraguay on the other hand had very defensive tactics, and despite not having a very talented squad compared to the 2 SA giants, they still managed to get to the final.

Last edited by Giggity5313 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Balance, moderation and equilibrium.

These are the keys words that is the correct way of playing football as there is NO black and white.

Yes, football is meant to be pleasing to the eye... to an extent.

To the extent where the attractive football is installed and bred with tacts, intelligent play and strategy.

The ability to improvise, adapt and think on your feet. The ability to balance between defense and offense.

Examples of who mastered this?

Sacchi, Capello and Ancelotti's Milan. Lippi's Juve. Del Bosques' Spanish side. Brazil 2002.

Many more as I could go on.

its obvious, the football has to work tactically, if it looks great then beautiful.

my point is that the philosopohy and tactics are what count.

look at arsenal they play like barca but dont THINK like barca.

and look at their trophy case difference since 2006.

what would arsenal or even barca do against a team they cant even score A GOAL AGAINST? :coffee:

The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:I do not mind defensive tactics at all if they are employed reasonably.

People also underestimate the sexyness of a well executed counter attack. 3 passes and then a goal (Inter in CL win, Germany in the WC) can be just as good as 100 short passes to the goal line (Barcelona, Arsenal).

As usual, the extremes are not good at all. Very negative football with long balls to nowhere or praying for a set piece goal can become a borefest. A 1000 sideways and backward passes with no real end to them can be as annoying as a fat cockblock.

michel platini is correct when he says that defense has always come on top of attack, chelsea,madrid, both victims of outside factrs, proving the only reason why they didnt win against barcelona. what did they label chelsea's and madrid's football as? anti football. my point is proven in every way just look down at history.

italy beat brazil

(germany,italy)
Sure, defensive football can beat offensive. Most of the time at least, and it's easier to implement nowadays with everyone being physical. But, if you're good enough at attacking, you can beat anything as Ajax and Barcelona have shown us. Most great sides have had a balance between offense and defense, though. Or at least incredible mental strength.

Spain can sure be taken down, but it's still a work in progress. Yesterday's defeat against Italy doesn't change anything. We'll see at the Euros and in Brazil.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:30 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

italy beat brazil

(germany,italy)
Sure, defensive football can beat offensive. Most of the time at least, and it's easier to implement nowadays with everyone being physical. But, if you're good enough at attacking, you can beat anything as Ajax and Barcelona have shown us. Most great sides have had a balance between offense and defense, though. Or at least incredible mental strength.

Spain can sure be taken down, but it's still a work in progress. Yesterday's defeat against Italy doesn't change anything. We'll see at the Euros and in Brazil.

football is an even game and no one philospohy will win 100 percent of the time, but deciding which philosophy is best is not the point of the thread.

the point of the thread is to get everyone to accept ALL types of philosophy.

and anyways what would the best attackers in the world do against a team they cant score against? frustration to its best.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:32 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

its part of strategy mole. if you go for a 0-0, and then for a 1-1 or, 1-0 victory over a 2 leg encounter, the football on the mind wins.

giovanni trappatoni- catenaccio ruled our defeat as far as possible, but after all catenaccio is only a method to simply defend and counter attack, which has been proven to work, no matter what its name.

2 legged encounter i agree, but i have seen occasions where teams set up to draw 0-0 from the start in one off games.

Which i dont agree with, we also have to realise that football is an entertainment business but having said defensive football can be entertaining if as i said theres an attacking plan involved with defensive tactics.

For example Inter v Barca at San Siro was entertaining, as i said i dont feel there's one absolute in football styles they all have thier place and time to be used.

I just dont agree with parking the bus for a 0-0 draw in a one off game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:

2 legged encounter i agree, but i have seen occasions where teams set up to draw 0-0 from the start in one off games.

Which i dont agree with, we also have to realise that football is an entertainment business but having said defensive football can be entertaining if as i said theres an attacking plan involved with defensive tactics.

For example Inter v Barca at San Siro was entertaining, as i said i dont feel there's one absolute in football styles they all have thier place and time to be used.

I just dont agree with parking the bus for a 0-0 draw in a one off game.
we can talk about it the whole day mole but in the end, just because it looks destructively anti-football it shouldnt be played huh? bounce

the poll speaks for itself :coffee:
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:36 pm

I did'nt say it should'nt be played i would just prefer to see defensive football with an attacking plan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I did'nt say it should'nt be played i would just prefer to see defensive football with an attacking plan.
What about a smaller side against a huge rival who if you opened up would rape you?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 pm

the only teams whose football i cant stand is barca and spain how they even call it attacking "beautiful football" i have no clue...most boring football ive ever seen no matter how effective it is...id even prefer watching greece04 ahead of them...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Defense > Attack :coffee:

Italians do it best.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:27 pm

sciacca wrote:Defense > Attack :coffee:

Italians do it best.

+1. Italia. <3
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Italians do it best.
What about Brazil, though? They're more an attack oriented side yet still very successful.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Platini: "Defense was always victorious against Attack" :coffee:

1982: Italy vs Brazil = Defense Won
1994: Italy v Brazil = Shootouts won :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

Italians do it best.
What about Brazil, though? They're more an attack oriented side yet still very successful.
Brazil has insane amount of talent attacking wise
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:38 pm

believe me barca would get raped by the greatest italian teams in history.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:40 pm

sciacca wrote:Platini: "Defense was always victorious against Attack" :coffee:

Brazil: 5 WC
Italy: 4 WC

:coffee:

I'm not debating defensive football's strengths, just that if you're very frakking good at attacking, it has it's benefits.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Sushi Master wrote:

I'm not debating defensive football's strengths, just that if you're very frakking good at attacking, it has it's benefits.

Admittedly 2002 was a toss-up due to Korea's cheating, so it could have gone either way realistically, but that is neither here nor there.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:42 pm

there are many ways to play the game sushi, and no way will beat the other 100 percent of the time. but you got to look at the most complete way and ask your self..

how are you going to win against a team you cant score against?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:43 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

Admittedly 2002 was a toss-up due to Korea's cheating, so it could have gone either way realistically, but that is neither here nor there.
True, that Italy squad was awesome but Ronaldo was just out of this world back then.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next