Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world?

+16
sportsczy
RealGunner
DeletedUser#1
Vlad the Impaler
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
McAgger
VivaStPauli
Mr. Moratti
ErPupone
Ganso
Eivindo
Bellabong
Valkyrja
Casciavit
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Roma the most entertaining team to watch this season?

Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Vote_lcap39%Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 9 ]
Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Vote_lcap26%Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Vote_lcap35%Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 23

Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Empty Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world?

Post by Casciavit Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Well, ever since Zeman has become manager, Roma have had mixed results, but they are playing excellent football. Very fast, direct, attacking football, which is a joy to watch. For the ones that have watched Roma this season, do you guys agree? Do you agree that they have been the most entertaining team this season?

You guys can also mention teams, that you think have been more entertaining, throughout this season.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Empty Re: Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world?

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 pm

I like watching Dortmund more.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world? Empty Re: Does Roma play the most entertaining football in the world?

Post by Bellabong Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Dortmunds counter pressing and quick direct play is more attractiveand Barca had developed a flair for the dramatic with its shoddy defense.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:38 pm

i bet we will see a lot of comments from people who havent even seen dortmunt or roma play enough to make a correct assumption..
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Phritz wrote:Dortmunds counter pressing and quick direct play is more attractiveand Barca had developed a flair for the dramatic with its shoddy defense.

Great suggestions Phritz, I've noticed Dortmund don't get much attention when it comes to most entertaining team. Have you watched Roma this season, out of curiosity?

Eivindo wrote:i bet we will see a lot of comments from people who havent even seen dortmunt or roma play enough to make a correct assumption..

Yeah, I expect that tbh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:47 pm

2012-2013 Barca are much more entertaining imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:48 pm

ganso, psg? probably some goallegacy trend, but cmon man
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:18 pm

If you like having 3-4 heart attacks per game, then sure.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:25 pm

I hate roma as a club but they have been playing nice this year when I watched them... I don't like how open they are in the back but nonetheless very entertaining to watch...
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 pm

They've been playing great, from what I've seen, but I only saw 4 or 5 Roma matches this season, while I saw nearly all of Dortmund's so I feel kinda bad when I say:
I prefer Dortmund, since last season they're pretty much the team I like watching the most, and they've gotten even more entertaining with the Reus signing.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Yeah I think so. They are just a tidy bit more entertaining than Dortmund and Barca.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 pm

I think the correct way is to say that Roma plays the most attacking football in all of Europe although I do find it attractive for obvious reasons.

For me (and many) Fiorentina under Montella is the most attractive team to watch. It has had all the tactics, free-flowing football, unpredictability and genius within its play to keep me from never missing a game of theirs. Its spectacular.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm

Barca easily and i'm not just saying that because they are the most obvious choice.

This is not the Barca of last season, all i see this year is conceding 3 and scoring 5 every game Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I think the correct way is to say that Roma plays the most attacking football in all of Europe although I do find it attractive for obvious reasons.

For me (and many) Fiorentina under Montella is the most attractive team to watch. It has had all the tactics, free-flowing football, unpredictability and genius within its play to keep me from never missing a game of theirs. Its spectacular.

Viola, I'm afraid have declined drastically. After that blistering first half of the season, they really haven't been able to impose heir game on anyone. I'm guessing it's mostly due to drop of form of almost all the players that were playing well at the beginning. Roncaglia, Cuadrado, Gonzalo, Pasquale have all burned out everything they had. Also Aquilani's injury proneness and Borja's relegation fodderness have resurfaced.

If we go just by the first half of the season, I would be inclined to agree with you.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm

Dortmund in my humble opinion.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Barca easily and i'm not just saying that because they are the most obvious choice.

This is not the Barca of last season, all i see this year is conceding 3 and scoring 5 every game Laughing

Entertainment isn't just in scoring goals. And I know that's not all Barca do but I would still choose Roma over them.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Bias McAgger is Bias :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Bias McAgger is Bias :coffee:

yeah I just can't praise our eternal rivals I'm afraid. Tbh though, I strongly believe that Roma are more entertaining than Barca and bias has nothing to do with it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:02 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I think the correct way is to say that Roma plays the most attacking football in all of Europe although I do find it attractive for obvious reasons.

Viola, I'm afraid have declined drastically. After that blistering first half of the season, they really haven't been able to impose heir game on anyone. I'm guessing it's mostly due to drop of form of almost all the players that were playing well at the beginning. Roncaglia, Cuadrado, Gonzalo, Pasquale have all burned out everything they had. Also Aquilani's injury proneness and Borja's relegation fodderness have resurfaced.

If we go just by the first half of the season, I would be inclined to agree with you.

Agreed and disagree on some parts.

Yes, Fiorentina aren't as dangerous as they were within the beginning of the season due to burnouts, injuries, individual inconsistencies, lack of balance in some areas along with Montella demanding too much out of some players who don't match his ambition.

Yet that hasn't stopped him and the team from playing that football that entertained within the 1st half. They aren't as potent and are far more inconsistent now, yet the core beauty, tactical variability and early philosophy is retained.

Thing is its just a bad patch of form. I mean they have 36 points and only 7 points behind 3rd. Hopefully they will pick up.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Let me also add that Jovetic has looked poor ever since his return from injury.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm

ErPupone wrote:If you like having 3-4 heart attacks per game, then sure.

+Manchester United Smile

Last edited by vladdy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Surag wrote:Let me also add that Jovetic has looked poor ever since his return from injury.

yeah the injury destroyed his amazing start to season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Still think Man U's games when they are chasing a game are the most entertaining.

in a normal environment, Barca when they are taking the game seriously

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:Still think Man U's games when they are chasing a game are the most entertaining.

in a normal environment, Barca when they are taking the game seriously

Casciavit wrote:Well, ever since Zeman has become manager, Roma have had mixed results, but they are playing excellent football. Very fast, direct, attacking football, which is a joy to watch. For the ones that have watched Roma this season, do you guys agree? Do you agree that they have been the most entertaining team this season?

You guys can also mention teams, that you think have been more entertaining, throughout this season.

It will always be hard to say which team plays the most entertaining football in the world.Each fan has his own point of view.Many people understand in a different way the expression of "the most entertaining" and that's why you will be surprised to read their answers.

Some people find spectacular a team which plays counter-attacking, like Real Madrid, AC Milan, Roma, Napoli or Tottenham etc...other people would choose Manchester United because it is always involved in very dramatic games..some would pick Stoke or Newcastle, which use to play tough football and make a lot of professional and unprofessional fouls that are driven by their instincts of warriors.Let's not forget about Barca...there are a lot of fans who believe that 'Tiki-Taka' is the most entertaining style of play.

Consider the above examples as random examples.People are different.What I am trying to say it's that you won't get a concrete answer, and you probably already know this.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Top 5 for sure, but Barca for me
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next