Pretty much sure most of you here play football..

+15
Babun
Lord Awesome
Eman
FennecFox7
JAY-Z
Be/\/ceCALI
mowgli
fatman123
julias
TheBlueArmy
Loshijosdequien
kiranr
BiasedMilanFan3
huntsman
mzamani
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pretty much sure most of you here play football.. Empty Pretty much sure most of you here play football..

Post by mzamani Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:06 am

So have any of you suffered a serious injury in a game?

just 2 weeks ago i got hit really hard on my knee, and my MCL got damaged (not torn thankfully) but, it was really unbearable and walking was a serious issue). and since then, i have really been considering quiting football for ever.

so please share your football related injuries here....
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Pretty much sure most of you here play football.. Empty Re: Pretty much sure most of you here play football..

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:15 am

I play but i had to stop recently for the last 6 - 8 months because i got very busy and i started traveling alot.

But then i was introduced to Oliver Kahn and my life has changed ever since. I am back in the gym, training, jogging, running. I am regaining my fitness steadily.

The injuries i used to pick were mostly at the ankle, but nothing serious. I reckon a couple of them only.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Pretty much sure most of you here play football.. Empty Re: Pretty much sure most of you here play football..

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:29 am

Yeah
Playing a practice game on this thick sludge-infested mud pitch piece of s**t. One of my cleats got stuck in a small hole when I had the ball. Guy came up fromt behind and shoulder barged from the right. Left leg twisted right around. Ripped the living s**t out of my left hamstring and glute and I got knee some damage from that.

Still got scar tissue there but my left knee is all good.
Most painful experience I have ever experienced and feel truly sorry for anyone who gets those gruesome ankle and knee tackles (i.e. the Eduardo incident, etc)
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:29 am

I got my ACL torn in both my knees.

When i was 15 i got my ACL of my right knee torn. Then i underwent surgery. I went back to playing in six months. Then, when i was 21, i got the ACL of my left knee torn. It has been 5 years and I still haven't done the surgery, hence i dont play anymore.

However, i do play some light squash and do cycling every now and then. But i really miss playing football.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Loshijosdequien Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:28 am

Tore sOmething in my ankle two years ago out for 5 months then right after developed achilles tendinitis..didn't play for 8 months worst of my life...
Loshijosdequien
Loshijosdequien
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Loshijosdequien Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:31 am

[quote="mzamani"]So have any of you suffered a serious injury in a game?

just 2 weeks ago i got hit really hard on my knee, and my MCL got damaged (not torn thankfully) but, it was really unbearable and walking was a serious issue). and since then, i have really been considering quiting football for ever.

so please share your football related injuries here....[/quote

Do you mean quitting for good no pickups or Sunday ball or competitively
Loshijosdequien
Loshijosdequien
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlueArmy Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:51 am

When I was in grade 7, I had a serious foot injury that had to make me quite my elite league. Ever since then(roughly 7 years ago), my right foot has never been the same, Every time I kick a ball I feel sharp pain in my foot. its 2x more enlarged than my left foot right below my big toe. I have only been playing in beer leagues now.
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:10 am

i have been playing for last 8 or so weeks with slightly damaged ankle :/ starting to think the ligament on my right one is a little strained

i also have osgood schlatters which meant when i was young i had to stop doing football or high intensity running for like a year or so, so my knee could heal
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:56 am

worst injuries ive had is heavy brusing/swelling and a concussion, but doing an MCL isnt nice, theyve become alot more ocmmon in rugby league recently too, stick at it though youll be right
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:44 am

[quote="Loshijosdequien"]
mzamani wrote:So have any of you suffered a serious injury in a game?

so please share your football related injuries here....[/quote

Do you mean quitting for good no pickups or Sunday ball or competitively

I play competitive games. like inter-varsities. So maybe i will only play maybe once in 3 months lol
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:18 am

Ripped my meniscus. And the sad thing it didn't happen when I was playing an actual game or training, just when I was kicking the ball around with a couple friends. I was out for 8 months after that due to operation dates and rehab. The started playing again and managed to rip it again. Had another operation a month ago and am still in the rehab phase. And oh yeah, I'm only 16. I've been recommended not to play again but am still undecided.

mowgli
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:37 pm

I got a concussion a few months ago playing.

And my most recent injury which I am still recovering from, a pretty bad ankle sprain:

Pretty much sure most of you here play football.. 292745_10150275925166817_676506816_8236335_7810741_n
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:I got a concussion a few months ago playing.

And my most recent injury which I am still recovering from, a pretty bad ankle sprain:

Pretty much sure most of you here play football.. 292745_10150275925166817_676506816_8236335_7810741_n

Hows your stamina on the pitch? Do you tire quickly?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:51 pm

It's decent, not the greatest but not bad imo. Right now i'm probably super un-fit because I haven't run in about 2 months, just doing work at the gym Sad luckily i'm a ST and not a MF
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:55 pm

yeah you have to be superfit if you re playing as a MF. You ll get back on your feet in no time and once you do you can start training again.

Remember to enjoy playing football. Who cares if you ll be the best or not. Besides exercising is good for your health.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Yes, dont wanna talk about it though ..
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:58 pm

metinsk wrote:Yes, dont wanna talk about it though ..

It bring back the pain?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:59 pm

I never get injured, a couple knocks but nothing serious..

Have no idea why either, especially because I play in the usa..
I'm a winger which makes it even more odd
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:01 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:I never get injured, a couple knocks but nothing serious..

How tall are you? And what's the age group you play against? 15?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:05 pm

huntsman wrote:yeah you have to be superfit if you re playing as a MF. You ll get back on your feet in no time and once you do you can start training again.

Remember to enjoy playing football. Who cares if you ll be the best or not. Besides exercising is good for your health.

agreed, good advice Thumbs up
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:07 pm

huntsman wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:I never get injured, a couple knocks but nothing serious..

How tall are you? And what's the age group you play against? 15?
5'10 1/2

132 lbs
I play vs '96, so yeah 15.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:10 pm

you need to bulk up a little.

You should also play against older teams if you want to improve.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:12 pm

huntsman wrote:you need to bulk up a little.

Trust me I eat a crap load, I just can't gain weight.
I'm not weak by any means though
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
huntsman wrote:you need to bulk up a little.

Trust me I eat a crap load, I just can't gain weight.
I'm not weak by any means though

That's why you can go to the gym, and do some weight lifting but dont over do it as you re still growing.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:04 pm

I was playing a house-league game for a team in my town a little over a year and a half ago and my knee got messed up pretty bad. I slid to keep the ball in play and I don't know what happened but when I bounced back up I could barely move my leg. It wasn't bad for the rest of the night, but the next morning I couldn't bend my leg at all. I went to my town's walk-in clinic and the 'physiotherapists' (only one of whom had a degree) said there was nothing wrong and that I would recover within a few weeks.

Two weeks later nothing had changed so I scheduled regular physiotherapy sessions, which did *bleep* all and consisted of them massaging my leg and telling me to ride a bike. They released me after about a month saying I was a week away from full fitness (despite still barely being able to move it). I waited a week and saw no improvement, so I went to a more expensive chiropractor, who within 2 minutes told me I'd done serious damage to my ligaments and those dickheads had made things worse than ever Mad

It took me about 8 months overall to finally recover to the point where I didn't feel pain at full sprint, and about 2 months to get back to the footballing level I was at before the injury. I also missed my senior year of high school football (where my team competed in All-Ontario).

Moral of the story: don't go to a small town physiotherapist to get an assessment.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next