Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

+18
Pedram
El Gunner
VivaStPauli
rincon
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
Nishankly
CBarca
Myesyats
Freeza
Unique
Young Kaz
Glory
Hapless_Hans
Thimmy
Blue
The Madrid One
Zagadka
22 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:56 pm

Life expectancy has been going down for all Americans...

Again you keep looking at divided subgroups instead of the total with your warped worldview.

Here is the data btw, for all races and genders, as per the latest I could find in the cdc website

2014 78.9
2015 78.7
2016 78.6

When he said "our" he is clearly talking about all Americans as opposed to white people

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Andrew Yang fan club - US President 2020 ???

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Life expectancy has been going down for all Americans...

Again you keep looking at divided subgroups instead of the total with your warped worldview.

Here is the data btw, for all races and genders, as per the latest I could find in the cdc website

2014 78.9
2015 78.7
2016 78.6

When he said "our" he is clearly talking about all Americans as opposed to white people

Share a link.

And if its true for all Americans, which his tweet doesnt imply, why did he only mention white americans?

There is no shortage of negative news about blacks or mexican americans so why would he only quote, and name drop, an article talking about white ones? Is it because no black or mexican would post memes and laugh at his self deprecating "math" hat?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 pm

Yang speaks very clearly. "Among white people"

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm

I'm in mobile and can't easily link to it, but like I said it's on the cdc website, I was able to get to it within a quick Google search

And it seems to me that you have 2 options here

You can either interpret that statement as "our" referring to all Americans, whose age expectancy as a whole has been declining for years, makes the most sense, and is factually correct

Or you can interpret that statement as an American of Chinese descent identifying as a white man, a statement that makes no sense whatsoever.

I think most people went for the first, whereas you in your racial lense worldview got triggered into the 2nd one. There is absolutely no way what he meant by "our" was "my fellow white people and me", but if that's what you think...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:43 pm

Our life expectancy has gone down for 3 years in a row = the life expectancy of Americans as a whole

I pointed it out before, that's what he's refering too

the strange thing in that tweet is the way it is seamlessly linked to the white people stuff in the sentence before, though that might also in part be due to twitter brevity
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:21 pm

White people ---> white men ---> substance abuse (an epidemic particularly devastating to the poor white population), ---> "our birthrate"

Again, I agree with Hans that i think Betty is a bit stuck in here.

And I agree that it's possible that verbage is being misinterpreted.

But that tweet has more than several mentions to race (white people) juxtaposed with "our". As I said. It's weird. Here's an exercise: put Trump's image in where Yang's is. Read the tweet again.

It's a weird tweet at the very least. And I'm not sure that such a thing can be put down to "Twitter brevity". Which is why I think it's very fair to ask questions
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'm in mobile and can't easily link to it, but like I said it's on the cdc website, I was able to get to it within a quick Google search

And it seems to me that you have 2 options here

You can either interpret that statement as "our" referring to all Americans, whose age expectancy as a whole has been declining for years, makes the most sense, and is factually correct

Or you can interpret that statement as an American of Chinese descent identifying as a white man, a statement that makes no sense whatsoever.

I think most people went for the first, whereas you in your racial lense worldview got triggered into the 2nd one. There is absolutely no way what he meant by "our" was "my fellow white people and me", but if that's what you think...

Why are neo nazis supporting him then?

Sure, it could be a mistake on our part, but its clear what he wrote to everybody.Which is why he had to disavow them the way trump did. Yang is clever with words, he knows how it comes off.

I also dont think its too farfetched to think he couldnt have leaning a specific way. The biggest bigots these days usually have asian sidekicks and sidepieces because you have one group who wants respect for their skin color, and one group who will give it to them no questions asked because they have such little respect in themselves due to media conditioning and bullying. Just ask tila tequila, and whatever that thing John Derbyshire calls a wife.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:35 am

oi Betty don't worry, Trump will be re-elected and you'll have another 4 years of open racism instead of some shitty word-play closet racism
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:33 am

Myesyats wrote:oi Betty don't worry, Trump will be re-elected and you'll have another 4 years of open racism instead of some shitty word-play closet racism
trump and my man boris are gonna make a great team cheers cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:35 am

so basically betty is saying this guy likes white people so he hates him is that about right. Proud
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Myesyats wrote:oi Betty don't worry, Trump will be re-elected and you'll have another 4 years of open racism instead of some shitty word-play closet racism

Both are equally problematic.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:38 pm

Pseudo science.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:25 am

This Chinese clown. :facepalm:

Guy in the black jacket feels shame.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:04 am

I could feel the awkwardness through the screen, omg

weirdly sexual too Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 am

Not the first time something gets whipped in Manchester. Can’t blame refs this time, though hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:57 pm

Young Kaz wrote:

quick wikipedia search tells me he's AMERICAN, not CHINESE. He was BORN in NEW YORK.

Double standards much? Obama is not BLACK, that shooter kid is not JAPANESE beause he was BORN in AMERICA but Yang is CHINESE despite being BORN in NEW YORK?

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:14 am

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

quick wikipedia search tells me he's AMERICAN, not CHINESE. He was BORN in NEW YORK.

Double standards much? Obama is not BLACK, that shooter kid is not JAPANESE beause he was BORN in AMERICA but Yang is CHINESE despite being BORN in NEW YORK?

New York is full of Chinese people.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:02 am

That's beside the point though, isn't it?

Yang is not Chinese according to your logic. He was born in NY and spent his entire life in the US.

Therefore you shouldn't refer to him as "Chinese".
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:59 am

Myesyats wrote:That's beside the point though, isn't it?

Yang is not Chinese according to your logic. He was born in NY and spent his entire life in the US.

Therefore you shouldn't refer to him as "Chinese".

He has two Chinese parents He's chinese-American. Notice the chinese part.

You'd never call Bruce Lee non-chinese despite being birthed of the same union.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:25 am

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Also you mentioned two people who are mixed.

Yang has TWO full blooded Chinese Han parents. He is Chinese.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:33 am

Since when can a Chinese man take over the position of POTUS? infiltration at its best and nobody is talking about it

Anyway, who cares. You hate chinese people, we get it. End of story
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:15 am

Myesyats wrote:Since when can a Chinese man take over the position of POTUS? infiltration at its best and nobody is talking about it

They cant, hence why he wont get anywhere near the white house.

Also whether or not i hate Chinese people does not change the fact that Yang is a Chinese man. None.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:44 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Yang has TWO full blooded Chinese Han parents. He is Chinese.

False.
Yang was born in the US.
He is American.

Citizenship is not genetic.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:58 am

Young Kaz wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Since when can a Chinese man take over the position of POTUS? infiltration at its best and nobody is talking about it

They cant, hence why he wont get anywhere near the white house.

Also whether or not i hate Chinese people does not change the fact that Yang is a Chinese man. None.
like we dont know the answer to that already Laughing Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Betty's arguments against Yang are so strange. Really makes me wonder why this Japanese-American man has such strong views on him...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Anyways, nearly every article by a professional economist I've read claims his VAT will only cover about half of the 1k per month UBI promise. Any Yang Gang here care to explain where the other half would come from?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next