urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 26 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:51 am

Firenze wrote:Man owes his entire career to Messi and prime Barca. Without it he's just a mad scientist using FIFA Ultimate Team custom formations with unlimited fifa points.
Wrong thread

--> https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t40121p75-guardiola-sack-watch#2021784

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 26 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:20 am

Amazing how my post the page before on why City won't win the CL played out exactly like the game today did.

I should've put money on it. Sigh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:40 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/28/manchester-city-sign-ruben-dias-raise-pep-guardiolas-spending/

408 million pounds only on defenders wow Pep .... Very Happy he can buy the whole club in spain and still have surplus left...

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Agreed 2 year extension on his contract.

Easy life.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:45 pm

Very disappointing. Its obvious Klopp's LFC being miles better than City has driven him for more along with the poor UCL performances.

Pep's City isn't even exciting to see anymore let alone follow in their progress or tactical structure. I wish he had moved on to another challenge.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:33 pm

I guess this could mean that Messi to City is back on the table, 2 year contract aswell makes all kinds of sense at face value.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:28 am

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:42 am

Helmer wrote:
The most fake humble person in football. He's actually a psychopath if I were to diagnose him.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:04 am

To me, even after winning so much and being so successful, he seems so insecure. I just can not wait till Messi joins ManCity and he still ends up winning nothing in Europe at the end of his tenure.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:20 am

danyjr wrote:
Helmer wrote:
The most fake humble person in football. He's actually a psychopath if I were to diagnose him.

He really is extremely unlikeable. Comes across as a sociopath with how fake it seems whenever he acts humble or nice.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:15 am

I actually think he has some kind of phobic thing going on with the media and interview situations
the most unrelaxed person in front of a camera
but then of ocurse he's also a psychopath towards refs and 4th officials

And let's not forget his legendary moment of refusing to shake the hand of the MLS all-star team coach after a promotional tour preseason exhibition game lmaoooo

as a coach he's still above and beyond though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 pm

I mean.. what else would he say in that situation.

He’s responding to the buttlicking Algerian Mahrez fans who think Pep is a bad coach. Everyone is sick and tired of them including me.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:26 am

He can say the same, while acting like a normal person.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:25 am

Nah man he’s sick and tired of it. And pep continues to play Mahrez even after he’s been shit.

That’s a perfectly normal reaction, I too am tired of Riyad’s shitty play
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:28 am

Mahrez sale has lead to City's decline tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:39 am

I think his reaction wasn't out of the ordinary in any way. Truth be told GL is very biased against Pep.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:21 pm

CBarca wrote:Mahrez sale has lead to City's decline tbh

He’s infuriating and has such low football iq. Similarly to Ben arfa. Both insanely talented.. but can’t play within a system.

For example, instead of cutting onto his right foot which is actually really good, he does the same move that didn’t work earlier. Everyone knows he’s going to cut into his left foot. He doesn’t play one twos either, or make effective runs into the box which would completely work around the issue he has against defenders right now. He’s constantly awful with his off the ball movement.. and worst of all he doesn’t play defense.

He needs to adapt. You can be insanely talented with the ball but you need to adapt to situations that happen in the game. You get double teamed; send an early cross in, one touch football (which he is perfectly capable of playing, but shit mentality), etc. CR7 did it (obviously a better player but still). Defenders started to read him in la liga.. so he focused on hold up play and link up play as well as making excellent runs.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:30 pm

GL finally seeing the light?

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 26 Tenor
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:34 pm

I predicted an implosion this season, and City hasn't looked convincing at all so far. I can't lie I'm surprised about the contract extension news though.

City's recruitment policy is awful. There's too many holes within the team, and they've already spent a shitload. Pep should've just called it quits at the end of the season. Then again, City knows there's no way they can get Messi without Pep, and maybe Pep thinks Messi's presence can give the City team a shot up in the arm. There's also the fact that no other team will give him the comfort he has at City. His buddies are the directors and he has the ability to buy any player he wants as long as they cost less than 70M. So, I get why he stayed when I look at it from that perspective.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:35 pm

Myesyats wrote:I think his reaction wasn't out of the ordinary in any way. Truth be told GL is very biased against Pep.

This. GL has an unreasonable dislike of Pep and for reasons not admitted but in general that will be the reaction to a serial winner such is the scrutiny they will receive.

Pep is merely neurotic and a little eccentric the reaction is normal.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:14 am

Casciavit wrote:GL finally seeing the light?

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 26 Tenor

Not necessarily because last season he was very good and showed the creative side he has

I’m so frustrated because he clearly showed more dimensions to his game last year, he CLEARLY has them.
Something is definitely up in his personal life. Just speculation by me but he’s gone thru a divorce and has a pretty up and down personal life. I predict he gets benched, wins his spot back because he tends to play like he should when his ass is on the line, then RM or PSG will buy him next season
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:19 am

I think pep deserves critique. Last year he played with a 3-4-3 with some very good results and tons of chances created. Both Mahrez and sterling played extremely well (De Bruyne too).

But he started overthinking things and ended up with some kind of weird 3-4-1-2 in the CL, which backfired spectacularly.
Now he’s back to his 4-3-3 with the same movements that got found out. All you have to do is make sure your CMs and/Or wingers double team the city wide forwards and it’s a ton of useless possession at that point. Then counter with speed because city’s CBs are awful and ederson is overrated. 3-4-3 allowed for effective overloading and putting Mahrez and de bruyne in an excellent role to succeed.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:51 pm

Its been clear he cant take Man C any further, the new players doing all they can, and the likes of Jesus keep improving, but still something lacking. Defensively still a joke, and Edison again another mistake. He is just too rash of a GK and not good enough for an elite team.

But it does look like Peps gonna stay a long time to come? Guess we just have to get used to not expecting too much from Man C anymore, which I have done for a while now Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:09 am

Where are the haters? 3 points from top of the league. Best group stage CL record in his career.

Y'all going to eat crows in 5 months.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:17 am

He's 3 points behind an injury-ravaged Liverpool? you gonna need more than that if you want the haters to eat crow.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:06 am

danyjr wrote:Where are the haters? 3 points from top of the league. Best group stage CL record in his career.

Y'all going to eat crows in 5 months.

if you're planning to become a comedian, don't quit your day job
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next