urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club Empty Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:19 pm

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO SAY IT’S A DISASTER
They can say what they want. Maybe they say that out of jealousy or because they don’t understand or because they have a bandage over their eyes. Do you know why it’s not a disaster? Because those of us that are lucky to be on the inside realise that the players are absolutely convinced of this metamorphosis of the game, however it ends. The players know that this is a different type of football, something new, and something that we enjoy. Of course we want to win, and if you don’t win you are disappointed. But how natural it is when you see it day to day, in the players, the staff, in training, it allows us to say that it’s going well.

sounds like a typical Pep slurper Laughing

there have not been any signs of a change in the way the team plays after an entire season, just that they look worse, no silver linings to the season just gone

this season was absolutely a disaster for a club like City that expect to compete for and win trophies
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Chumlum Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:02 pm

If it was absolutely a disaster, what description would you use had Man City not made the CL at all, if say Gabriel Jesus and Sane adjusted poorly to the PL and were flops, and if RM or PSG were actively targeting City's best players to poach? That scenario isn't wildly improbable and would be much, much worse for the club moving forward.

Seems to me like Man City's season was a disappointment but not a disaster, with plenty of room for optimism.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:51 am

Read the interview above with Sam Lee, Pep's assistant right?

One thing that worries me is when asked about winning, he doesnt seems convinced or confident that they will it is Very Happy He just says hes happy they are playing high level Pep style football, where an era is starting and that everyone is happy at the club for this, etc... it doesnt feel that they will do anything to win. But I guess thats maybe the mentality right or wrong with Pep and Man C now...?

Certainly hope Im wrong and that hes just being humble or not overly ambitious in setting too high targets in an interview maybe...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Hey, don't you guys think that City played better in the beginning of the season with Pep? His tactics seemed to work pretty decent. I am not talking about the scores, just about the way City played. In the first half of the season the passing game helped the team create a lot of chances and the offensive tactical ideas looked like the ones he implemented at Barca. Of course I am not talking about the same level because the players he had at Barca were 100% suited to the style and the mentality adopted. Then something changed and even though the possession stats were high, the transition from the defenders to the attackers wasn't the same.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:12 am

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/elogio-guardiola-messi-6145807

Guardiola: "I won 6 leagues out of 7 and the one I lost (11/12 vs. Real Madrid) is debatable"  rofl rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:01 pm

He won 3 of them with the best player of all time at his absolute peak and 2 other all time great midfielder in his team and the other 3 in the most 1 sided league campaigns ever seen after buying the 2 best players of their number 1 rivals. Big surprise. Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Valkyrja wrote:He won 3 of them with the best player of all time at his absolute peak and 2 other all time great midfielder in his team and the other 3 in the most 1 sided league campaigns ever seen after buying the 2 best players of their number 1 rivals. Big surprise. Laughing

Why has Barca been nowhere near as good since then? Him alluding to Madrid winning being questionable is obviously bollocks mind.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:35 am

I'd say on Barca's treble winning season they were as good.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:47 am

We need a Pep season 2 opening intro
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:52 am

M99 wrote:I'd say on Barca's treble winning season they were as good.

Even if that was the case, I'm willing to accept that it's one season out of God knows how many.

It's quite clear Barca have never really reached the same heights since.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:50 am

ES wrote:We need a Pep season 2 opening intro

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Bless you Urban, bless you in all things that are good in this world. Peptards, Star Words, Evil Lord cBarca, pls Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Bless you Urban lmao.

Plot Twist at the end of Episode V

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Bless you Urban lmao.

Plot Twist at the end of Episode V

Spoiler:

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club Darth-vader-no
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:52 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:

one of the greatest things I have ever seen on GL Proud Proud Proud

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:23 pm

Urban Proud

Love how even anti peps know this is the season he 'strikes back', already preparing yourselves
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:46 am

I've been trotting out the "lost the battle but will win the war" trope for a long time now, hope it pays off for me. This is the season it does Proud

Or I'll just say it again this season in prep for next season :coffee:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:43 am

CBarca wrote:I've been trotting out the "lost the battle but will win the war" trope for a long time now, hope it pays off for me. This is the season it does Proud

When the last day comes down to Spurs or City winning the title which camp will you be?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:10 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

Episode VI: Return of the WiFi
Episode VII: The False9 Awakens
Episode VIII: The Last Anti-Fraud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:59 pm

M99 wrote:
CBarca wrote:I've been trotting out the "lost the battle but will win the war" trope for a long time now, hope it pays off for me. This is the season it does Proud

When the last day comes down to Spurs or City winning the title which camp will you be?

Good question, I would go with Spurs. For obvious reasons like I support them and want to see them do well, as well as reasons like it would be nice to see Tottenham win as a team that hasn't in a long while, City lose because they're a disgusting oil club, HURRIKANE deserves an EPL title, seeing good football triumph over Mou-ball etc

In the end I don't care about City, I just like to watch them play because they play good football and are managed by Pep who I do care about. I want to see them do well but if they don't it wouldn't kill me. City having another bad season would just be like Madrid retaining the CL this season. It sucks and a break from football will be needed but I can make it past.

War won't be over anyway
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 pm

You lost the André Fraudas-Flopas war though. hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:39 am

Yeah admitted defeat on that one a long time ago.

Was hoping people would just forget. Maybe I should be wrong more often so these things become forgotten, like Mole or James do imo hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Already has spent quarter of billion this year Laughing

Similarly spent €200m last year despite finishing 3rd Laughing

If he doesn't win EPL/CL this year he will hurt his reputation even further than he already has.

Also what was that Financial Fair Play thing? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:29 pm

danyjr wrote:Already has spent quarter of billion this year Laughing

If he doesn't win EPL/CL this year he will hurt his reputation even further than he already has.

i think he will win the epl but not the CL
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 pm

danyjr wrote:Already has spent quarter of billion this year Laughing

Both him and Mourinho have no excuse. If he fails to win the title now rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next