urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 40 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:44 pm

Kaladin wrote:I never thought i'd say this but...

Thank you, Fraud

To be clear his status remains as a Fraud in my eyes, given the means in which he achieved this treble.

what means did he take to achieve it? with me as long as you win, you win. the only time i can ever question a team's methods is if they used steroids and/or were involved in a bribery or match fixing scandal of some sort...….cough...cough...Marseille (sorry sportsczy, but they've got so many question marks about their title).

the ambition has to be admired, you don't win titles by twiddling your thumbs, not taking risks and being penny wise pound foolish. its why city have won this title and a treble before arsenal (sorry arsenal). if by his means, you're talking about spending money, u need to spend money. i also admire psg's ambition as well tbh. i'd much prefer that than having a great team and selling all ure good players to rivals.

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 40 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:39 pm

Nobody else is blessed enough to have a false box-to-box inverted CB, the Barnsley Beckenbauer, Jonas Stones. Key piece in this treble push

I remember he was kind of a meme player early on, now he's the best english midfielder and CB all in one.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:14 pm

Like a lot of other City players, John Stones didn't really stand out to me until around february or so. A lot of their players peaked in form around that time. Considering the relatively long stretch of poor form between october and february, they did themselves no favors in the Premier League title race, despite winning it in the end.

No team plays at their highest level throughout the entire season, but they've definitely churned out wins for longer periods of time this season, which I think is what we (Real Madrid) also did when we won our first double under Zidane. A winning mentality has already been mentioned a few times as a key recipe for success in the modern game, but I suspect energy conservation is another one. Makes sense that if you can churn out wins without expending unnecessary energy in the process, that will benefit a team in the long run. It still baffles me that Bernardo looks like he has 5 lungs throughout the entire season. Guy has the work rate and stamina of 2-3 players. Is drug testing still a thing? Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:34 pm

Barca: historic charges of referee bribing and corruption during his tenure have come out and are being investigated
Bayern: lolBundesliga
City: been charged with unprecedented levels of financial corruption

MUH GOAT
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:26 pm

Firenze wrote:Barca: historic charges of referee bribing and corruption during his tenure have come out and are being investigated
Bayern: lolBundesliga
City: been charged with unprecedented levels of financial corruption

MUH GOAT

Thanks for asking, the Treble celebration open-top bus parade through Manchester city centre is scheduled for Monday (12th June) starting from Tonman Street at around 6:30pm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:19 pm

Loooool.... I cant imagine the suffering for Man U fans continuing worldwide, but those actually in Manchester man, it must suck. They have had to have their neighbour rival fans have the bragging rights now for yrs n even more so now with the CL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:15 am

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:34 pm

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:33 pm

It's a great alternative to conventional build up play when it actually works, but it doesn't happen often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEFHXqYdL8Q
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:31 pm

So, what does everyone here think about the rumours of Pep becoming the next England manager after Euro 2024?

I'd sad that the FA should definitely try and pursue Pep successor to Southgate. Pep has expressed interest in becoming an international manager I the past, and has achieved everything there is to achieve at club level, so it'd make sense if he leaves Man City to become England manager. And the FA can offer a pretty good salary, which will help convince him.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:21 pm

I'm not sure that's what he wants to do but England seems like a good fit at this point in time as they have many good players and also ones that he has already coached

There is Kane, Stones, Grealish, Saka, Foden, Eze, Maddison, Bellingham, Rice, and so forth so essentially a lot of quality players that Pep would not hesitate to sign for his own club and some that already understand his style.

That being said he's more of a league coach rather than a tournament one, so I'm not convinced international football suits him all that well

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:02 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'm not sure that's what he wants to do but England seems like a good fit at this point in time as they have many good players and also ones that he has already coached

There is Kane, Stones, Grealish, Saka, Foden, Eze, Maddison, Bellingham, Rice, and so forth so essentially a lot of quality players that Pep would not hesitate to sign for his own club and some that already understand his style.

That being said he's more of a league coach rather than a tournament one, so I'm not convinced international football suits him all that well

I agree with this assessment. He thrives when he can build teams that are adaptable to his brand of football, and I can't imagine how that would work the other way around. It would be interesting to see him work with what he's got rather than building his own team or picking a team that suits the way he wants to play, though. No Txiki Begiristain, no shopping sprees, just Foden's many cousins Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:45 pm

i don't see why he shouldn't or would not want to... it's a good challenge... most likely either England or Spain
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:42 pm

If I am Pep, I will take such a job to cement his legacy. But knowing that Pep is a coward and he can't sign players from other countries, lol, he obviously won't take it.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40