urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 33 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Kebab Sat May 29, 2021 10:50 pm

He reached the final, and the final is like lottery. If that last shot went in you would call him a legend. he is one of the best. stop hating

Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 33 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 29, 2021 10:52 pm

It became a lottery when he again decided to change things up rather than sticking to what has worked for city in the CL. His fault.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 29, 2021 10:54 pm

Well he had lost the last two games against Tuchel's Chelsea so changing it up was not a crazy idea
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat May 29, 2021 10:55 pm

Kebab wrote:He reached the final, and the final is like lottery. If that last shot went in you would call him a legend. he is one of the best. stop hating

Win a final = genius
Lose a final = lottery

Life of a peptard.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat May 29, 2021 10:55 pm

El Gunner wrote:
yea but you guys are always quick to point out his one big failure (which is valid) but are never around to praise all his other achievements (which are noteworthy).

but fair enough man if that's REALLY what you think of his career, i don't wanna get into a debate again pls Laughing

His other achievements are league titles and domestic cups like countless other managers of top clubs. I congratulate him for it, just not gonna pretend he's a transcending coach because he got 60% possession doing so.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 29, 2021 11:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Well he had lost the last two games against Tuchel's Chelsea so changing it up was not a crazy idea

nah you can't excuse starting a tragically out of form Sterling... that's like playing with 10 men already. That was the biggest mistake.
But throwing Gundogan into the DM 6 position where he hasn't played for god knows how long isn't that far behind as a mistake tbh.

You are the better more talented team, just play your best team and tell your team to go out and do what they've been doing the whole season. They weren't even a shadow of their best selves, they were just none existent. Like i said, it felt like an Arteta team lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 30, 2021 12:03 am

Doc wrote:Sooooo

What's the latest excuse for this one?

Not enough midfielders, DUH

Rodri should have started and Sterling NOT
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 30, 2021 12:33 am

Starting Sterling rofl

No CDM rofl

1 shot on target rofl

This match was the epitome of bald fraud.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 30, 2021 12:58 am

Kaladin wrote:

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun May 30, 2021 1:10 am

Unrelated, but Pep's black sweater he wore tonight is amazing. Does anybody know the brand name?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 30, 2021 1:14 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Unrelated, but Pep's black sweater he wore tonight is amazing. Does anybody know the brand name?

DSquared2 I think
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 30, 2021 1:16 am

Its a mental block thing, I guess the anticipation or pressure to win it is too much? They just dont perform in the CL when it matters most? They were just far from their best, and vs a very good Chelsea side thats proved to better them time and again lately under Tuchel.

Tuchel has proved me wrong, getting to two finals, last year was pretty easy, but this year definitely done amazing since he has arrived at Chelsea. What a turn around since Lampard.

Strange that Chelsea has now won 2 in the last decade, big underdogs both times. Experience counts a lot in the Man C especially when u have won it b4. I guess thats what makes the likes of Emery so good in the Europa Razz Past success gives u belief, which Man C lack. Same goes with Pep, hasnt done it since 2011 with prime Barca, and knocked out by that Chelsea in 2012 lol....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun May 30, 2021 1:18 am

Casciavit wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Unrelated, but Pep's black sweater he wore tonight is amazing. Does anybody know the brand name?

DSquared2 I think

Thank you, Cas! I'll check them out.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 30, 2021 1:29 am

Chelsea plays a very good system. It's like Pep said in the press conference beforehand. They have 5 players in the middle all within close proximity, have two players always hugging wide, two players in the pockets, and the CF's runs add depth. The 3-4-2-1 will always give them passing options. Off the ball Chelsea always has 7-8 players behind the ball with a 5 man defensive line. Tuchel has them playing very structured football.

City tried attacking in a 3331 at times, but they found it difficult. Chelsea's wide CB's did really well. Maybe playing a 3-5-2 would've been the best 'tactical choice', but he kept the 4-3-3 and instead changed two key profiles before the match. They had half chances here and there and were a key block/interception away from scoring. Overall though, City didn't look that dangerous.

Ultimately, Chelsea played better on the day and deserved to win. It happens. I don't think it's all doom and gloom for City though. I'm sure they'll be back in the finals in the next few years if not the next.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun May 30, 2021 1:43 am

Agreed. Typical GL to say loser of the finalist and manager is crap, and the winner is god lol... Man C arent that bad for sure. They definitely under performed in the final, but werent that bad. It was another 1-0 game vs a team thats just right countering them lately. If it was vs another team u would think Pep should do better. Lol though Im sure lots will say Pep would find other ways to fk it up Very Happy

Last edited by BarcaLearning on Sun May 30, 2021 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 30, 2021 10:39 am

Sure luck plays a part but he should have won at least once in all these years with Bayern & City. I'm losing my temper with this fraud and pepophiles are absolutely in disarray after last nights shit show. The xG is sickening
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun May 30, 2021 11:52 am

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 30, 2021 2:54 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

DSquared2 I think

Thank you, Cas! I'll check them out.

I've never found myself wondering what suit or outfit a manger has on. But he always rocks the best sweaters, I find myself asking where'd he get that? Win some lose some.....he's still a good manager, this doesnt make him a failure
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 30, 2021 3:00 pm

Man City owners when Carabao Zidane asks for 1 billion more to win CL

via Gfycat

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 30, 2021 4:18 pm

M99 wrote:Man City owners when Carabao Zidane asks for 1 billion more to win CL

via Gfycat

lmfao.....theyll definitely spend another billion
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun May 30, 2021 5:29 pm

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 33 43609223-9633303-image-a-68_1622331014980

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 31, 2021 1:24 pm

All kidding aside, I always thought he was a sore loser and that his class only lasts up until someone defeats him, but right here in his post-game comment, he was a class, class act:

He's one of the best managers to ever grace this game, and sadly, I know for political reasons, I will never see him manage Madrid, but I will continue to hope naively that one day he might change his mind. And if that day truly happens, it would be an honor to see him defend our colors.

Good luck next time, you beautiful, Dsquared2-wearing, Bald Fraud.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 31, 2021 3:56 pm

He even kissed his silver medal unlike some plebs who took it off, still a fraud though
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon May 31, 2021 4:38 pm

Casciavit wrote:Chelsea plays a very good system. It's like Pep said in the press conference beforehand. They have 5 players in the middle all within close proximity, have two players always hugging wide, two players in the pockets, and the CF's runs add depth. The 3-4-2-1 will always give them passing options. Off the ball Chelsea always has 7-8 players behind the ball with a 5 man defensive line. Tuchel has them playing very structured football.

City tried attacking in a 3331 at times, but they found it difficult. Chelsea's wide CB's did really well. Maybe playing a 3-5-2 would've been the best 'tactical choice', but he kept the 4-3-3 and instead changed two key profiles before the match. They had half chances here and there and were a key block/interception away from scoring. Overall though, City didn't look that dangerous.

Ultimately, Chelsea played better on the day and deserved to win. It happens. I don't think it's all doom and gloom for City though. I'm sure they'll be back in the finals in the next few years if not the next.

That's the problem they tried dominating and attacking when he shouldn't have to begin with. Pep City have always struggled dominating possession against other top oppositions, every manager and clubs he's struggled against his counter towards them was to play direct. After his choice in the CL in 2018 against Pool, Klopp has only beaten Pep 1 in 6 games (7 if you include Community Shield), Pep has won 3, while the 2 draws also saw City miss a PK in both, could've been 5 wins in 6/7 games, why is that? He started playing more direct against them not hogging possession with a highline to get exposed, the same with Ole United he lost 3 times last season cause his highline got exposed this season he was much more pragmatic and direct, last season against RM they hovered around 50-52% possession and this season against PSG as well, probably remember what Poch did to him with Son and Moura this time he had an upgraded version with Neymar and Mbappe. This game screamed for similar approach, allow Chelsea to have the ball and try pressing them in the defensive half (exactly what Chelsea was doing to them), while not leaving your backline exposed.

Even if we go back a little the formation/selection didn't make any sense from an attacking oriented view either, his best goal scorer was played furtherest from the opposition goal (Gundo), Foden was played in midfield, even tho Pep has said plenty of time how he wasn't ready to play there as he lacked maturity and patient, yet put him there in a final without an enforcer/DM lol Sterling who's just been poor this season was put out to ruin the flow of the team that got them there, guarantee if he played Sterling VS Dortmund or PSG they'd probably not make it past them. When he bought a DM on Gundo made that amazing run and was ready for a tap in the far post if it wasn't for Azpi clearance. Even then he played a highline without a DM which had the defence all over the place.

I have to give Tuchel and Chelsea credit they were great and agressive with a lot of workrate, while I can't fault City players, but Pep literally gave this game to Chelsea and put his own players in an uncomfortable position.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:54 am

Helmer wrote:

In Rebic we trust Molenation
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:53 am

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 33 Screen34

Laughing Laughing

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2021/jun/01/david-squires-on-chelsea-champions-league-final-manchester-city
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next