urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 17 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by neuro11 Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:53 am

Finally, its time to bring the myth to an end that "Pep is a Master Tactician". He just needs master players and a huge amount of luck to succeed. I am sick of listening to those cruyffian ways and bla bla bla. Tell me what did he achieve after leaving Barca. He had been riding on Eto in his first year yet he offloaded him for no reason. We were clear favorites for the 2nd CL in a row yet we lost it to the team Eto left for. Then, Messi, Xavi carried for another treble. Luis Enrique who was not rated by anyone proved that with this team you don need to be a master tactician. As soon as Pep left Barca, he became mediocre. We defeated his Bayern which was quite strong on paper comfortably. He lost to Klopp's Liverpool miserably which was not even the CL winner that year. Barca under him had always been poor away from home. He had no idea to counter the park the bus plans. Tell me how is he a master tactician.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 17 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:51 am

Much worse were his consecutive defeats to Real Madrid. He got royally owned there.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:31 pm

What did he achieve post Barcelona? I mean, does anyone consider Bundesliga titles a great achievement because he did win 3 in a row there. He also won the PL title last year along with other minor trophies. He has had actual success even if you think it isn't worth noting.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Question for Madrid fans, notwithstanding Pep being a Barça legend, wouldn't you have him as your coach instead of Zidane?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:07 pm

Doc wrote:What did he achieve post Barcelona? I mean, does anyone consider Bundesliga titles a great achievement because he did win 3 in a row there. He also won the PL title last year along with other minor trophies. He has had actual success even if you think it isn't worth noting.

3 Bundesligas in a row, couple of DFB-Pokale, a PL win with the highest points ever, League Cup. Just as you say it.

People put the bar so high with Pep that the astonishing success he consistently has year in year out is painted as failure.

He has become somewhat of a CL flop though, that cannot be denied.

But even that, I mean, he won it TWICE, and then he made semis with Bayern each season (it's not like we are entitles to the final, or to win it, you know, having won it twice in the last 3 decades...), and it's not like City is a Champions League latter stages juggernaut either.
So really he hasn't flopped in CL either so much as he has not done anything especially noteworthy or great in CL since leaving Barca.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 pm

He still might win a treble this year lol, i suspect if he does though that it won't be seen as the success as it probably would under different circumstances.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm

danyjr wrote:Question for Madrid fans, notwithstanding Pep being a Barça legend, wouldn't you have him as your coach instead of Zidane?

Of course they would lol. They'd be lying if they say no.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:
danyjr wrote:Question for Madrid fans, notwithstanding Pep being a Barça legend, wouldn't you have him as your coach instead of Zidane?

Most would say no tbh and also, you cannot separate Barcelona and Pep, it's impossible. Actually, considering the statement of replacing Zidane, ALL would say no. It's Zizou ffs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Nick would say yes hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:52 pm

I would welcome him with open arms. Of course I'll have to kiss the CL goodbye, but it's not like we're going to win it again anytime soon anyway.

There are a couple reasons  for me being enthusiastic about the bald fraud taking over:

1. He would definitely restore the transfer policy that we lost and force Florentino to spend big to acquire the best players in the world and not those numpties he's signing right now.

2. He would dominate the league year after year and widen the gap of league titles separating us from Barcelona which has been shrinking by the year.

So yes, I would definitely be on board with getting the bald fraud.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Doc wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Most would say no tbh and also, you cannot separate Barcelona and Pep, it's impossible. Actually, considering the statement of replacing Zidane, ALL would say no. It's Zizou ffs.

The question was if Pep had no barca roots.

I mean, Zidane is not going to win you anything ever again. Not unless he gets Mbappe or Pepe along with 3-4 other 50m+ signings.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Why don't both you and the other DoC hush. Rather see Hans tell me how Bale is beautiful tbh
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:40 pm

Doc wrote:Why don't both you and the other DoC hush. Rather see Hans tell me how Bale is beautiful tbh
There's DoC and then there's Doc :coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:23 pm

Luis enrique won the treble , valverde may end up winning the treble, and other barca coaches have won multiple league titles and cups since Guardiola, aside from being able to hold the ball for endless minutes, other coaches have done what he has. And since then he's spent almost a billion euros , 812 million to be exact.......but that's none of my business
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:07 pm

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 17 Masterayo-if-spurs-win-the-champions-league-and-liverpool-win-49633586

Agreed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:47 pm

Everyone is counting his titles. None of those are extraordinary. But he is always considered as a great tactician, gets more praise than other coaches even though his tactics fails miserably when matters most.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:01 pm

I can easily name about 30 coaches, including Tata Martino, who would have won 3 Bundesliga titles with Bayern and 1 Premier League title with City with ease, especially with Chelsea, Arsenal and United being at their poorest in more than a decade. He has achieved nothing of note in his entire coaching career other than picking the easiest possible jobs.

He has also underachieved at Barca. You have prime Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Messi, Eto'o, Puyol, Yaya Touré etc. and you go flop every single time against the same type of teams (Chelsea, Inter).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:10 pm

Have to say you hysterical teenage asian kids always make me LOL. Going on about frauds and flops and tactics in football, when the only thing you actually have ever accomplished in football is winning your football computer game after playing it 24/7 for 10 years straight.

Keep it up you clowns, I need your entertainment circus.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:11 pm

elfmeter wrote:Have to say you hysterical teenage asian kids always make me LOL.   Going on about frauds and flops and tactics in football, when the only thing you actually have ever accomplished in football is winning your football computer game after playing it 24/7 for 10 years straight.

So what's wrong with being Asian?

And why are you here on a football forum?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Nothing, but stop being so hysterical.
I dont understand the point of your second question? This is not a PC football gaming forum, is it?
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:35 pm

elfmeter wrote:Have to say you hysterical teenage asian kids always make me LOL. Going on about frauds and flops and tactics in football, when the only thing you actually have ever accomplished in football is winning your football computer game after playing it 24/7 for 10 years straight.

This forum, man.. What on earth does being Asian have to do with anything you nit? Why even say it? Shock value?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:40 pm

elfmeter wrote:Nothing, but stop being so hysterical.
I dont understand the point of your second question? This is not a PC football gaming forum, is it?

Well u did call Asians clowns, I’m one of those clowns
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:53 pm

What's wrong with being hysterical?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Leave that kid alone. He is probably trying to save his papa

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Whats wrong in winning your football computer game after playing it 24/7 for 10 years straight?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:55 pm

I mean, Columbus did think he was heading to the east but ended up west so I probably would be considered "Asian" according to that asshole.

Also, going by that logic, no one should criticise a single footballer playing because not only did any of us make it at that level (I certainly tried) but even the worst manager you could think of knows more football than us (according to that logic).

Also, I won the CL with fking Tranmere Rovers in my FM18 play through. When Pep reaches that level, come talk to me.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next