urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 28 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Casciavit Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:16 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Casciavit wrote:It's a shame I couldn't foresee Liverpool playing Henderson and Fabinho as their CB's in August. The Arteta call was worse tbf. rofl

Either way I wouldn't speak if I were you. You ate shit with Kovac, you're eating shit with Pirlo right now and you're conveniently quiet about it. Yet I suspect the moment Pirlo loses his next match you'll talk about him again. It's always the ones who caught L's against me who are coming out of their caves when it seems like I made a massively wrong call.

We'll leave the quoting at the end of the season and we'll talk then. I know there's a crew of posters who can't wait to see me eat crow, but this is a very volatile season so I wouldn't start celebrating yet.

Also @realgunner it's about time we know who's liking posts. I'm tryna see who my haters and supporters are. Proud

I second that suggestion. I’ve always wondered who the people are that don’t say a thing in discussions, but stack thumbs up on high quality comments like «Cristina Penaldo lol». Would give me a more complete perspective on the people who are remaining in our small community hmm

Maybe it’s just me, but it’s always pissed me off that people takes sides in an argument through upvoting, rather than actually expressing their opinions on the matter. Not that I care about upvotes outside of that context, as someone suggested when I pointed it out in the past.

I get it when it comes to posts being funny or if someone puts in effort into a good post. Obviously it would be better if they added their own input so I see what you mean.

I do find them amusing when it comes to hating posts. There are a specific few on here who will like any posts targeted against me. Those pussies need to stand up and not hide behind DanyJr and Hans. Though I don’t mind it too much because there’s a specific few on here who tend to support my posts even more. So I guess we’ll never know. :coffee:

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 28 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Casciavit Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:18 pm

CBarca wrote:Who would hate on Cascsi?

People here hate on individuals who actually watch the matches and make long posts?

Casci one of the last posters here who actually posts with real quality tbh. Him & Jay are probably kings of the forum. The rest of us are shitposters.

Then at the bottom you have Nish & ElG :coffee:

Appreciate the support CB. TBH there are plenty of good posters here even the ones I don’t see eye to eye on certain topics.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:20 pm

rincon wrote:
Casciavit wrote:It's a shame I couldn't foresee Liverpool playing Henderson and Fabinho as their CB's in August. The Arteta call was worse tbf. rofl

Either way I wouldn't speak if I were you. You ate shit with Kovac, you're eating shit with Pirlo right now and you're conveniently quiet about it. Yet I suspect the moment Pirlo loses his next match you'll talk about him again. It's always the ones who caught L's against me who are coming out of their caves when it seems like I made a massively wrong call. If you guys want to make this a game of who’s gotten more calls correct in the last few years, you’d absolutely lose.

Either way, we’ll leave the quoting at the end of the season and we'll talk then. I know there's a crew of posters who can't wait to see me eat crow, but this is a very volatile season so I wouldn't start celebrating yet.

Also @realgunner it's about time we know who's liking posts. I'm tryna see who my haters and supporters are. Proud

This is just the cringiest stuff

Not as cringey as Demiral starting over De Ligt or Danilo being better than Cancelo. Wink
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:57 pm

Casciavit wrote:

I get it when it comes to posts being funny or if someone puts in effort into a good post. Obviously it would be better if they added their own input so I see what you mean.

Funny posts is one thing, but dry, recycled jokes have always had a super long shelf-life on here. I'd be curious to see who are keeping those alive. Cristina Penaldo may not be a thing anymore, but people used to give 5+ upvotes to those posts for the longest time. Nowadays, there's only "Ole out", I suppose. I guess I might be the odd one out for not seeing the humor in those gimmicky, one-liners beyond the span of a week or two.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Casciavit wrote:
CBarca wrote:Who would hate on Cascsi?

People here hate on individuals who actually watch the matches and make long posts?

Casci one of the last posters here who actually posts with real quality tbh. Him & Jay are probably kings of the forum. The rest of us are shitposters.

Then at the bottom you have Nish & ElG :coffee:

Appreciate the support CB. TBH there are plenty of good posters here even the ones I don’t see eye to eye on certain topics.

Of course there are, I love everyone here. Just talking shit
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:08 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

Funny posts is one thing, but dry, recycled jokes have always had a super long shelf-life on here. I'd be curious to see who are keeping those alive. Cristina Penaldo may not be a thing anymore, but people used to give 5+ upvotes to those posts for the longest time. Nowadays, there's only "Ole out", I suppose. I guess I might be the odd one out for not seeing the humor in those gimmicky, one-liners beyond the span of a week or two.

Agreed that’s definitely Dany’s bread and butter. He spammed Mahrez fault posts for an entire year and is a big user of “Ole Out” jokes.

Low effort shitposter. It’s a shame because when he actually does post somewhat seriously he usually makes good points.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:19 pm

I disagree with both of you about the "Ole out!" joke. I think it's very funny when it's being used out of context and when you least expect it. I forgot who it was, but someone used it not too long ago in a Madrid vs Barça debate. It killed me Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Either way I wouldn't speak if I were you. You ate shit with Kovac, you're eating shit with Pirlo right now and you're conveniently quiet about it. Yet I suspect the moment Pirlo loses his next match you'll talk about him again. It's always the ones who caught L's against me who are coming out of their caves when it seems like I made a massively wrong call. If you guys want to make this a game of who’s gotten more calls correct in the last few years, you’d absolutely lose.

Either way, we’ll leave the quoting at the end of the season and we'll talk then. I know there's a crew of posters who can't wait to see me eat crow, but this is a very volatile season so I wouldn't start celebrating yet.

All I did was state that Pep will continue to be a consistently successful league coach as that's what he's always been, no idea why that's something that would rile you up of all people.

It's not my problem if your crush on him isn't as emotionally fulfilling as you'd like it to be (what with Pep's long patchy spell at a thoroughly unlikeable club, being beaten by Klopp in league and CL, high resource recruitment all over the place), you'd have to overcompensate negatively.

As for Pirlo, I'm quietly smiling everyday about him, and about your assessment of him. One for the ages!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:13 am

someone made some deletions of their postings hmm

hostile environment but no surprise cause this is bald fraud territory
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:36 pm

Great. Now, can we reveal who’s giving these thumbs up? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:17 pm

Thimmy wrote:Great. Now, can we reveal who’s giving these thumbs up? hmm

don't you love the aura of mystery thou
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:28 pm

Pep basically saying he’s untouchable at City more so then the players Laughing

Overall a great interview with some great insight and thoughts from Pep on the tactical side of things and what changes he’s made this season.

I’ve enjoyed this from Rio tbh saw the one with Tuchel as well he seems to know to ask the right questions let’s them speak completely rather then butting in every time like I’ve seen others do.

@Casciavit I think you’ll enjoy this.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:40 am

Thanks for sharing, WIC.

Rio did a great job at interviewing. I was reading an earlier interview where Pep went more in detail about City's improvement in performances.

He stated that at the start of the season City was playing more conservative due to the lack of preseason because of COVID. That's why he was fielding Fernandinho and Rodri in a double pivot.

But as the games went on he also noticed how flat and slow their attack was and how they were incapable of holding possession for long periods. A few pages back people were laughing when he said it was because City was running too much, but he's right.

The main point of positional play is to have players in the correct positions to counter-press. When the ball travels from end to end so quickly, your players won't be in a position to press because they lose it so quickly. By building with a string of short passes it makes the team more compact, so once they reach the opposition half, everyone will be in the correct position to win the ball back when they lose it.

So he decided to restructure the team away from the 4-2-3-1 he was playing in 19/20 and start of 20/21 back to the 4-3-3 with inside fullbacks like in 2018. I never really understood why he moved away from that in the first place. I assume it probably has to do with Silva declining, using Mendy, and Sterling/Bernardo/Mahrez are better cutting inside than hugging the line. Even then, Pep's teams have looked better with outside wingers than inside wingers since the moment he joined City.  

So he made that change and City's performances started to improve. They got a string of wins which built confidence. I think something that helped them a lot was that the other top teams kept dropping points. They weren't up against Liverpool who had an unbeaten streak like they did at the start of 19/20. Hence, the team didn't get as demotivated by their early season woes.

So yeah, apparently City's early-season struggles had the coaching staff and players think that qualifying for the CL was the target. Now they've gone 20 matches unbeaten instead lol. It'll be 3 PL's in the last 4 seasons for him. I don't think this team is better than the one in 2018. The one in 2018 was more fun to watch (Sane and Silva link-up especially). I think this one is more defensively secure though. Dias is Stones' best ever partner, and Cancelo playing inside adds a completely different dimension to the one City had before. Bernardo playing as a CM, with Foden on the wings, and KDB as a false 9 adds a lot more control too. Even though I was correct at the start talking about City's decline, they've proved me wrong as the season has gone by. 20 straight wins ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:06 am

Winter is Coming wrote:

Pep basically saying he’s untouchable at City more so then the players Laughing

Overall a great interview with some great insight and thoughts from Pep on the tactical side of things and what changes he’s made this season.

I’ve enjoyed this from Rio tbh saw the one with Tuchel as well he seems to know to ask the right questions let’s them speak completely rather then butting in every time like I’ve seen others do.

@Casciavit I think you’ll enjoy this.

9:55 - 11:00 is where Rio asks Pep why City haven't done well in the CL. Pep blames it on the nature of the competition. I've been preaching this for a while, but the CL is all about having players who can do the most with the least. The smallest details are the difference between moving to the next round and getting knocked out.

I already talked about this at length in the summer, and especially in my keys to win the CL thread. Essentially, having defensive players who don't make brainfarts, midfielders who can adapt to the chaotic nature, and attackers who are killers in front of goal are the most important things.

This season City is more defensively secure, compact, and are showing more control. But their fundamental issues remain.

If you watched the match against BMG, Jesus had a 1v1 but decided to misplace a pass instead of shoot. Jesus, Sterling, and Mahrez just aren't efficient. They miss too many chances.

Even though their defense is doing well they are still prone to random brainfarts. Can you trust Ederson/Walker/Stones/Laporte/Dias/Rodri to not make a random stupid mistake? History has shown you can't. Rodri gave the ball away in the last minute which led to a 1v1 for BMG which Ederson saved. City got lucky there, but do you think they'd have the same luck against a top team? I don't think so.

Let's not even get into their inability to score from penalties.

Playing inside fullbacks with Bernardo in midfield and using a false 9 is their best bet at controlling the game, but I just can't see them being efficient when it comes to those crucial moments. Unless Sterling and Jesus suddenly show MJ's mentality, I just can't see it. The only other way is if City just plays way better than the opposition that they create so many chances that missing doesn't matter because they'll eventually score. I don't think they have that kind of qualitative advantage though.

Every season we talk about City's CL chances and they always disappoint, so I remain skeptical this season too. I do think the improved defense, control, and ability to rotate due to winning the league early will probably see them get past the quarters, but I think their lack of efficiency and brainfarts will probably be their undoing against the very top teams.

So that's my take on their CL chances this season. Then again, there is a chance they prove me wrong as they did in the PL lol. I guess we'll have to wait and see how things pan out.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:15 am

really is a special coach/player/person... i love him... his intensity and neuroticism for the game. Can only imagine what a dream it must be to play under a man-manager and visionary such as him
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:02 pm

Where are all the Pep hates and said hes a fake/flop, etc.? Said his shelf live at a club was 3-4 max.? Ive been on and off of my opinion of him, overall I just think hes really good, but just like anyway else, has his weaknesses. Its really great to see though after all these time and today hes shown hes kept improving as time went. In comparison to Mou for example whom I thought at a point was superior to him Razz Glad Im proven completely wrong now Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:38 am

Haters are in hiding

Hope he win CL with Citeh
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:57 am

he still miserably failed in CL outside Barca :coffee: just saying

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:petition to rename this thread into

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Cup

Aye of nay?

Once again

petition to rename this thread

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Cup

how many more times will I have to ask?

Make it happen please
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue May 04, 2021 9:55 pm

First finals since 2011. Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue May 04, 2021 10:21 pm

all of the big dawgs are at their weakest in forever tbh

not impressed by the feat

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 04, 2021 10:31 pm

Welcoming Man U back into the CL next sesaon actually Very Happy After so long we have missed u Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed May 05, 2021 8:06 am

All my Pepsexuals where you at

We did it guys Proud

TAKE US HOME BALD FRAUD
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 05, 2021 11:06 am

TAKE MOE HOME
Country roaads
To the plaaacee
I beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelong

Pep fraudiola, country mama, take me home to Istanbul Proud
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed May 05, 2021 12:01 pm

my football memory is in the mud, just saw on twitter he never even reached a CL final with Bayern let alone win it.
Bald Fraud.

Spoiler:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed May 05, 2021 2:36 pm

all I care is, Agüero one of favorite players from the opposition teams will finally have a deserved CL medal Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next